It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me in my ATS gear at a Masonic Hall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Here's a good little clip some Aussies may recognise.

John Safran Vs God - The Freemasons.

PS. Don't take it too seriously..or should you?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

The Masons are a dying breed. It was a sign of the end when they started recruiting drives on the street. To the dude in the photo, you rock!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn

I didn't know there was an ATS book - What's in it?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So Indiana Jones is an ATS user after all.

Although sitting outside a Masonic hall with a coffee mug in one's hand is pure

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Awesome ATS gear on front of a Masonic Lodge! Perfect as it is one of the 'hot topics' here on ATS.

Ya, calling the cops on a guy for siting on the sidewalk for 'loitering' is COMPLETELY rational isn't it?

I also love how the Mason's on this board are so like fish, throw some bread crumbs and watch them swarm.

The OP is simply showing off his ATS rags and yet the Masons feel the need to defend their society...

Honestly the fervor with which you guys attack anything "out-side looking-in" makes me suspicious of you and yours.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Animal]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What I dont understand, is if you're going to goto the lodge, why not go inside? Why sit outside and be annoying? Was it like some form of protest?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Great fun!

Good advertising for ATS, too!

As far as people saying it is private property, sheez.........the guy is sitting outside the gate!

Thanks, OP for the chuckle!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
reply to post by Saurus

The Masons are a dying breed. It was a sign of the end when they started recruiting drives on the street. To the dude in the photo, you rock!

Recruiting drives on the street?
I wish people would stop making stuff up, its really obvious.

Most lodges, including just about every one I've visited in the past few years are growing faster than ever before. We have had so many candidates this last year that we were meeting on Sundays and all sorts of wierd times to fit people in for degrees.

And now we have a whole bunch of new master masons on the kitchen committee and charity committee. Because collecting toys for a childrens home is our evil diabolical plot to rule the world.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
Awesome ATS gear on front of a Masonic Lodge! Perfect as it is one of the 'hot topics' here on ATS.

Ya, calling the cops on a guy for siting on the sidewalk for 'loitering' is COMPLETELY rational isn't it?

I also love how the Mason's on this board are so like fish, throw some bread crumbs and watch them swarm.

The OP is simply showing off his ATS rags and yet the Masons feel the need to defend their society...

Honestly the fervor with which you guys attack anything "out-side looking-in" makes me suspicious of you and yours.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Animal]

Nice try, but if you read the OP its quite clear he thought he was "standing up against the man" or something. I don't think anyone really cares that he was loitering, but it does look bad for ATS. If someone is so misinformed and believes so much propaganda that they think they are being daring and dangerous by sitting in front of a hall, they certainly are not denying ignorance.

Also, I'd say less than half of the replies pointing out this is ridiculous aren't from masons. The fervor in which people like you assume anyone who speaks the truth and defends masonry IS a mason makes me suspicious of you and yours.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Never mind, I found it:
ATS Book

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
Also, I'd say less than half of the replies pointing out this is ridiculous aren't from masons. The fervor in which people like you assume anyone who speaks the truth and defends masonry IS a mason makes me suspicious of you and yours.

It'd be nice if WatchNLearn'd actually level about the nature of his conversation as asked a page ago in this post.

My experience of society in general is that it's somewhat unusual for people to haul off and threaten to call the cops over inconsequential 'just asking questions'.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The fact is that books have been written about what the masons and many other organizations are really about. It is no secret that men will try to advance their station by joining other men in a secret brotherhood.

It hearkens to the very same thing as being in a gang. You join for the camaraderie, and also for the protection it affords, and of course to become more powerful as a group and thus enjoy the perks that go along with that power...money.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

An excellent point. I've had a few conspiracy theorists show up at my lodge and I've personally given the tour and even calmly answered no when asked whether I worshiped Satan and raped children. I doubt anyone - masons included - goes around and calls the cop just because someone is "asking questions" - even if they are the absolutely crazy ones.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
The fact is that books have been written about what the masons and many other organizations are really about. It is no secret that men will try to advance their station by joining other men in a secret brotherhood.

It hearkens to the very same thing as being in a gang. You join for the camaraderie, and also for the protection it affords, and of course to become more powerful as a group and thus enjoy the perks that go along with that power...money.

Did you know that anyone can write anything in a book they want? I can write a book that says all ATS users worship Satan. Will you believe me then because its in a book? It is no secret that people want to believe masons are trying to advance themselves, but nothing could be further from the truth.

First off I know far more powerful and influential people outside of freemasonry than masonry itself - if I was interested in "moving up" masonry would be the absolute worst possible path. What am I going to do, move up by kissing up to all these 33rd degree masons who own farms?

Second, not only is there no avenue to advance oneself but even trying is enough to get kicked out permanently Its un-masonic conduct.

And yet again here is another careless accusation thrown out - comparing masons to gangs. It shows a complete lack of knowledge about freemasonry.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think your taking all this ATS stuff to seriously..

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
There's also an Above Top Secret book about UFOs by Timothy Good that is a great read....

The original idea (posing in places related to conspiracies in ATS gear) is a good one I think... I'd almost recommend posting in the board forum about maybe doing it as a monthly contest....hehe..

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Dear OP
Wow.. you sir are really living on the edge. I would be so scared to do what you did. Wearing an ATS shirt and brandishing an ATS coffee mug in front of a Masonic Temple. Just the thought of elderly gentleman charging out tho chase you off (probably with Eating utensils still in hand from their intterupted meal).

Actually if you'd have just walked up to the door and knocked they most likely would have showed you around the temple.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3

POWER and MONEY! I'm Jerry McGuire! Show me the money baby! I can't afford to friggin pay attention right now.

But hey, thanks for the belly laugh. I needed that one.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason

Nice try, but if you read the OP its quite clear he thought he was "standing up against the man" or something. I don't think anyone really cares that he was loitering, but it does look bad for ATS. If someone is so misinformed and believes so much propaganda that they think they are being daring and dangerous by sitting in front of a hall, they certainly are not denying ignorance.

Its just an ATS-Fan having some fun. No need to get all worked up about it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join