It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me in my ATS gear at a Masonic Hall

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ciphor

The image you've linked is the same as the shape of a badge.
Symbolism is not unique, as much as some people would like it to be. In this case, this represents the police.

However, there are Masonic Police patches, and Masonic FOP patches, however, that because membership can and does overlap, and the individuals are able to get patches made. They are not official, but are produced by a third party patch maker.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I'm not talking about patches, but whatever. Maybe your right *Shrug*, and maybe your not. Speculating sucks either way. I'm just pointing out that it is highly unlikely that the FOP just "happened" to adopt an extremely masonic looking logo.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ciphor
reply to post by RuneSpider

I'm not talking about patches, but whatever. Maybe your right *Shrug*, and maybe your not. Speculating sucks either way. I'm just pointing out that it is highly unlikely that the FOP just "happened" to adopt an extremely masonic looking logo.
What specifically is Masonic about it? The star? The circle? The eye? The handshake? The castle? The checkered band? The (can't tell, is that 3 shields? or 3 scales of justice?) The registered trademark sign? Let me know which of those is exclusively Masonic.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

How about the fact that it's not any 1 symbol by itself. It is a combination of symbols. It's like having a swastika logo with the SS sign behind it with a skull in the middle, and saying it's founding has nothing to do with the nazi german movement because there is a purple oval underneath it with a goldfish on it. That FOP logo screams mason all over it, from the masonic LOOKING handshake, to the obvious all seeing eye, all wrapped up in a nifty pentagram.

I'm not saying they are all masons meeting together to be masonic together and discuss masonic times over there free mason tea. But I'm sure that at upper levels of the FOP there is a strong freemason connection. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Mmm, I like your style.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Loitering...I just don't get why it isn't allowed just to hang around, it's supposed to be the land of the free...

You would think that PUBLIC areas are for the public...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by scratchmane
Loitering...I just don't get why it isn't allowed just to hang around, it's supposed to be the land of the free...

You would think that PUBLIC areas are for the public...

Here's a clue. Because private property's actually private? Don't like it? Try effecting change through your local politicians. Wanna know what you're likely to find out? Freedom has limits.

Welcome to realworld, visitor. Get to know it.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
sheesh, everyone taking the piss out of him, he was probably just having some fun aye

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

Common myth. There aren't that many masons as police at all.

Well not that I buy into the Masonic Conspiracy crap but I will have to disagree with you on this particular issue.

Although I don't think that this is a question of the Freemasons filling in the ranks of the Police Dept. as much as it is the Police filling the ranks of Masonic lodges (i.e. tradition). Se when you deal with police and firemen there is usually a family history just as there is usually a family history in Masonic loges. It goes hand in hand in hand when the two are concerned in combination.

Not to mention that the FOP has Masonic roots. And that the Masonic origins are where they get some of the symbolism from.

www.phoenixmasonry.org...

If you look at the FOP Emblem you see the "All Seeing Eye" and the "Clasped Hands." In some of the Auto Emblems of the FOP i remember seeing a "Masons Trowel" also. There is also the obvious checkerboard on the dress hats of every officer that represents the same thing as it does in a Masonic Lodge.

Now I will not plaster the meaning of your symbolism on this page out of respect, but you and I know what these things are symbolic of (nothing sinister of course) it's just that I don't think that it's proper to violate your guys traditions.

I just wanted to point out the obvious.

Not to mention that the Masonic Lodge in my neighborhood is located (literally) next door to the police station.

This Temple is shared by a few lodges so I'm not going to start with all the names.

Oriental Lodge No.33
5418 West Gale St.
Chicago, IL. 60630

Chicago Police Dept. 16th Dist.
5430 W. Gale St.
Chicago, IL. 60630

The city now uses the old police station for selling city stickers and paying parking tickets. The new police station is on Milwaukee Ave. just a stones throw away. Although, I don't think you really want to throw any stones.

Click on this link and you will see the "Old Jefferson Park" Police station, Jefferson Park is just the name of the neighborhood. Scroll down about half way down the web page to where the subtitle reads "The-1930's" and you will see two buildings. The building on the left is the Jefferson Park Police Station (the one that looks concrete) and the one off to the right in the distance is The Masonic Temple (it is made of Brick). They are literally separated by a very small parking lot.

FYI, all the areas in Chicago have names, Jef. Park, Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Bucktown, The Gold Coast, Down Town, Inglewood, Lawndale, etc. They are some times named for parks in the area.

forgottenchicago.com...

[edit on 30-4-2009 by lazy1981]

[edit on 30-4-2009 by lazy1981]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join