It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you fight for your country to defend Israel?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Honestly

Why not?

Iran? Syria?

This "hypothetical" war wouldn't take long...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Nope...we have enough problems here and we also have more hate from t he rest of the world than we'll ever need due to things just like this. I will not and would not intervene in a war of other countries..unless for some great reason my family and myself were in dire danger.

Other than that..it's not our fight. Americans need to quit being so self righteous...the rest of the world for the most part wants us to leave them alone....so let's freakin do it.

"NO" "NO" "NO"

The thing is, If everyone had thought like that back in WWII, we would all be speaking german right now.
While i may be anti-war in nearly all cases, to say unless you or your own country/family was attacked, then you wouldn't fight.... is pretty harsh really.

I mean in this instance that the OP has laid out... i would be torn, I mean I'm not in the military but if it got so bad that they needed me... I'd have to consider it.
As i said I'm anti-war nearly 100%... but there are some reasons that i would possibly fight.

Good question OP

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I would have to say that it depends. I might even pull a US and abstain. There would have to be a very good reason not just because Israel feels that they might be attacked. I would do the same for our Arab allies under the same scenario.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Well, as I said... I do Not at this time support what Israel is doing...

No people should be in a position of Genocide...

The world needs to do something in terms of setting up a Palestinian state... I'd be willing to fight for that and NO not next door to Israel either, it was done to the Jews when they for all intents and purposes were defeated and it should be done for the Palestinians...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I have to disagree that this is anything like WWII, so that analogy doesn't really work. What we have here is a bully that thinks that since they have an Older Brother to back them up, are going to carpet bomb a strip of land instead of using Special Ops to take them out.

I'm rather sure that their version of the Navy Seals/Army Rangers are good enough to take out the launching spots. If their Intelligence Service is as good as they claim; finding Hamas and taking the top out shouldn't be a problem. Instead they would rather bomb indiscriminately; instead of being the 'bigger person' and not kill civilians even though Hamas might be using them and their facilities.

There's a reason my hatred of Israel is growing; I've personally made sure to avoid anything Israeli made, remember Israel not Jewish...I swear people that shout Anti-Semitic at any insult to the Jewish state are about as useful as a dead fish at an aquarium. Most need to stick their head in the toilet instead of spouting their usual wasted rhetoric since nobody really cares.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Marek

The only time I would not be completely opposed to the draft is if we were invaded and I had to defend my own country from invaders that threatened my (relatively free) way of life.

You sound like an Iraqi insurgent. You know we don't negotiate with terrorists.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
reply to post by Marek

The only time I would not be completely opposed to the draft is if we were invaded and I had to defend my own country from invaders that threatened my (relatively free) way of life.

You sound like an Iraqi insurgent. You know we don't negotiate with terrorists.

iraqi insurgent/french resistance/dads army - all the same really

[edit on 14-1-2009 by cropmuncher]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
Honestly

Why not?

Iran? Syria?

Yeah, for sure. It'd be over in a jiffy, just like Iraq.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The only war I would fight would be in my own backyard, Canada. If America was invaded I'd even go next door and help out but I'm not about to travel overseas to fight some other countries war. None of these politicians/elite will be over there fighting, just us "expendables". If things do get crazy I know many Canadians would help out Americans wanting to take refuge. Of course you guys would have to go into hiding as our government under the conservative government would order draft members who have gone AWOL to go back to the USA. Since Canada is a NATO country they'll probably try drafting us also though if there was another world war.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

To be honest...

I prefer to be on the winning side, and being in the U.S army would have it's perks, like not being sent to a concentration camp when and if this whole NWO thing takes effect and people are rounded up

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
In one breath we say we are being manipulated to the point of being unable to think for ourselves.... then on the other people are saying they would join to fight a war...why?

I wont fight any war unless I get a share of the oil or the wealth that is being fought for.

The war I fight will be to safegaurd my family against the tyrants that will do the calling up.

As an aside.......I think the war in the OP is about to happen. Israel were given big brothers approval and silent backing so they can instigate and help big brother with the Iranian war at the end of the month.

Respects

[edit on 14-1-2009 by captiva]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellsing
reply to post by deccal

To be honest...

I prefer to be on the winning side, and being in the U.S army would have it's perks, like not being sent to a concentration camp when and if this whole NWO thing takes effect and people are rounded up

Unfortunatly this is not that true. You wouldnt be on winning side, because
Check the High Rate of Suicide Among Iraq War Soldiers

ptsd.about.com...

tales-of-iraq-war.blogspot.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
Honestly

Why not?

Iran? Syria?

Yeah, for sure. It'd be over in a jiffy, just like Iraq.

Iran is whats making Iraq difficult.

So yes, it would actually kill 2 birds with one stone.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

Are you ready to be that stone?

But simurg is a very strong bird, if I let you remember.

By the way, why do you love war and blood so much , I dont understand.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by deccal]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

A chance i'll take...

Not all veterans will commit suicide, some veterans quite like war.

It depends on your personality and if you can take it or not, personally, i'm pretty dead inside with not much emotion.

Might just be perfect for the army.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

The thing is, If everyone had thought like that back in WWII, we would all be speaking german right now.

Wrong. Do you even know what brought the US into WWII to begin with?

The US was not involved with WWII until AFTER Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, Dec 7th, 1941. After Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, an UNPROVOKED attack, the US declared war on Japan. After the US declared war on Japan, Germany declared war on the US. At that point, our men fought for OUR country because OUR country was threatend and attacked.

To go to war for Israel just because they are crying wahh wahh is NOT fighting for the defense of the US of A. Israel can fight their own fights and even if Iraq or Syria or Lebannon attacks them, they are NOT attacking the USA. So NO, I wont go fight Israel's genocide.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riviera

I have to disagree that this is anything like WWII, so that analogy doesn't really work. What we have here is a bully that thinks that since they have an Older Brother to back them up, are going to carpet bomb a strip of land instead of using Special Ops to take them out.

I did NOT liken this conflict to WWII, please don't put words in my mouth.
My answer was solely aimed at this response.

Originally posted by David9176
. I will not and would not intervene in a war of other countries..unless for some great reason my family and myself were in dire danger.

Other than that..it's not our fight. Americans need to quit being so self righteous...the rest of the world for the most part wants us to leave them alone....so let's freakin do it.

"NO" "NO" "NO"

That is what i took exception to, and that is what my response was aimed at.

Thanks,

Blup

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Wrong. Do you even know what brought the US into WWII to begin with?

The US was not involved with WWII until AFTER Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, Dec 7th, 1941. After Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, an UNPROVOKED attack, the US declared war on Japan. After the US declared war on Japan, Germany declared war on the US. At that point, our men fought for OUR country because OUR country was threatend and attacked.
Cheers!!!!

Do people just imagine what I've said, or perhaps just intentionally misconstrue it?

I was referring to ANY country... it just so happens that the person i was responding to said America.
I am talking about all nations... It wasn't Britains war either..?
We saw a nation in trouble and a pretty nasty guy hatching some pretty nasty plans... and did something about it?

that's my point... if we didn't do anything we would be speaking German.
I didn't think my post was so difficult to read??

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I would probably be torn as well and i'm sure i'd question myself about it if it ever came to be. But one's evil is another's good....I cannot justify killing another unless it's means my family's safety or my own.

Just because my government supports them does not mean that i have to. I didn't give my personal ok on any of it...or any war for that matter.

I can also understand why you compare this to WWII. But to me that is a completely different situation in a completely different time.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
So it would seem that most of you would not take up arms to fight for israel, not that i blame you.
Interesting...... i wonder if the PTB realise this when their is a likelyhood of something like this happening in the not too distant future.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join