It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you fight for your country to defend Israel?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
OK - Hyperthetical question, if Israel go all out and launch an attack on Lebanon, Syria & Iran but needed your countries military support would you allow yourself to be drafted to fight Israels war?

I for one would not!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I would not wanted to be drafted for any war.
I would not even want to fight to defend my own country.

But how would you stop yourself being drafted?

[edit on 14/1/2009 by lightchild]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
At this very moment no, but irregardless of recent events IF The nations of the Middle East choose to yet again gang up in force of many nations against Israel for purposes of elimination, Then Yes I Would.

I would say that Israel is a paranoid nation at this point and what we are seeing is a result of that paranoia, but I can not loose focus on the fact that the paranoia is warranted

i.e. a person might get high, but paranoia when you spot the cops while driving is warranted they will arrest you

Likewise the people of Israel have lived in fear of persecution from real acts so long they are indeed behaving like their enemies...

That however given those circumstances shouldn't condemn a people

If the move to eliminate Israel comes we should defend them.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Interesting point, I would absolutely not, and another point, I wonder if this is what Joe Biden was talking about, about Obama being 'tested' and his strange plea that 'They would be right, even if it was not apparent at first' or something to that effect

Anybody who signs up for a Pro-Israeli war is a unknowing contender for the Darwin awards. It will get MANY TIMES messier, possibly even nuclear, then.

I wonder if this is part of the Globalist's depopulation plan. Obama has high ranking Globalist and NWO senior leaders on his team, I'm sure they are expecting Obama to be a good little puppet for their well-known plans

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I've always wanted to join the military, all i've wanted to do since i was a kid, and still now, but i was born in a country and at a time where it wasn't a good idea to join the army anymore.

Now im living in Australia and I can't join their military either untill im a permanent resident, seems the universe is trying it's best to stop me from doing what i want

But had i grown up in the U.S i would have joined yeah.

And if today the U.S started recruiting foreigners into their armed forces, much like the UK or the french do I would sign up in a second!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild
I would not wanted to be drafted for any war.

But how would you stop yourself being drafted?

They wont take on anyone with a history drug use esp psychedelics so just tell them youve used a lot of lsd or shrooms, either that or that you hear voices. Im prob a bit old for the first draft and would only get asked if things were going badly but i wouldnt fight for my country anyway - fight for the queen of england...Never!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The only time I would not be completely opposed to the draft is if we were invaded and I had to defend my own country from invaders that threatened my (relatively free) way of life.

I'd certainly consider joining up if I felt the ends (total peace on earth for eternity) justified the means (me possibly being run over by a tank, or getting shot)
. But I doubt that will happen any time soon.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Marek]

link   
Touchy subject. Would I fight to defend a country that is considered to be part of our country's team?

It all depends.

Depends on whats in it for me.

What would be in it for me?

link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I have an awful suspicion that you guys in the USA will be first to recieve the call up. I hope we all never do but i can see things unfolding in front of me that i have been dreading over the past 5 yrs or so & just know it will come soon.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marek
The only time I would not be completely opposed to the draft is if we were invaded and I had to defend my own country from invaders that threatened my (relatively free) way of life.

I'd certainly consider joining up if I felt the ends (total peace on earth for eternity) justified the means (me possibly being run over by a tank, or getting shot)
. But I doubt that will happen any time soon.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Marek]

Very good point & one i had overlooked.
Despite my stating i would never join up if my country were invaded which meant the people i loved were in danger then i would without question.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

What would you do if the a bunch of countries were ganging up on the Middle Eastern countries? Would you fight to protect them? There is always going to be an aggressor and most of the time there are no innocent governments in these wars. Only innocent people.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Nope...we have enough problems here and we also have more hate from t he rest of the world than we'll ever need due to things just like this. I will not and would not intervene in a war of other countries..unless for some great reason my family and myself were in dire danger.

Other than that..it's not our fight. Americans need to quit being so self righteous...the rest of the world for the most part wants us to leave them alone....so let's freakin do it.

"NO" "NO" "NO"

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellsing
I've always wanted to join the military, all i've wanted to do since i was a kid, and still now, but i was born in a country and at a time where it wasn't a good idea to join the army anymore.

Even if it is slightly Off topic, may I ask you why you are so willingly want to join the army? Are there any specific reasons, or maybe just an adventure

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I most certainly would not. If need be, I'd end up on an extended camping trip in Canada.

First of all, defending Israel is not fighting for my country. It's fighting for theirs, and the wallet measurements of a few misguided pilots in the cockpit of my own government.

Second, Israel needs to pick fights that it can win without hiding behind Uncle Sam.

These days in America, "fighting for your country" has less and less to do with being in the military.

In the end however, I suspect the sentiments shared in this thread are correct. I mean, Israel is essentially nothing more than the worlds largest US military installation, and any attack on them would likely be viewed as an act of aggression against the United States.

If the new agers are right, and I "chose" to be here, now, living this life, I'm sure going to be kicking myself for it when it's over.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

I've always been attracted to the army, adventure, excitement, blowing things up, the normal kinda reasons i guess.

Perhaps i am a product of brainwashing when i was in my teens ?

All i know is that if given the oppertunity I would not hesitate to sign up with the U.S Military

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Nope!

Israeli deserves whats coming.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
OK - Hyperthetical question, if Israel go all out and launch an attack on Lebanon, Syria & Iran but needed your countries military support would you allow yourself to be drafted to fight Israels war?

I for one would not!

Nope.

2nd line

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
At this very moment no, but irregardless of recent events IF The nations of the Middle East choose to yet again gang up in force of many nations against Israel for purposes of elimination, Then Yes I Would.

I would say that Israel is a paranoid nation at this point and what we are seeing is a result of that paranoia, but I can not loose focus on the fact that the paranoia is warranted

i.e. a person might get high, but paranoia when you spot the cops while driving is warranted they will arrest you

Likewise the people of Israel have lived in fear of persecution from real acts so long they are indeed behaving like their enemies...

That however given those circumstances shouldn't condemn a people

If the move to eliminate Israel comes we should defend them.

I'm sorry...irregardless???? Couldnt help myself.....I absolutely would NOT fight for israel...I would consider fighting against them, however....

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellsing

I've always been attracted to the army, adventure, excitement, blowing things up, the normal kinda reasons i guess.

Perhaps i am a product of brainwashing when i was in my teens ?

All i know is that if given the oppertunity I would not hesitate to sign up with the U.S Military

I understand, but if you for example like to blowing things up, or violence etc..why do you want join the army and not to some guerrilla organization? There are much more adventure, excitement..This is not rhetorical what I am saying, but trying to understand why join to an army of a governement and not for example to any freedom fighter organization, say for example Zapatistas.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
For Israel? HAHAHAHAAHAH!!!

I almost spit out my drink at how funny the question is. I'd rather cheer on Hamas than fight to defend Israel and if the U.S. was that stupid to try to draft us to fight them, I'd walk up to the Senators that voted Yes and spit on their face, that also includes Obama.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join