It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: British Police Run Away From "Allah Akhbar" Screaming Muslim Protesters.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
www.weaselzippers.net...

Nice simmering crowd that could have easily mobbed the outnumbered police force which found themselves back pedaling.

Any brits out there seen or heard about this on the news? Maybe even participated?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
www.weaselzippers.net...

Nice simmering crowd that could have easily mobbed the outnumbered police force which found themselves back pedaling.

Any brits out there seen or heard about this on the news? Maybe even participated?

I am going to assume you think this is funny.

Sad.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

Seeing the police backpedaling was funny. Sorry if I was not clear.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The police weren't really running they were just making sure the protesting didn't get out of hand. Either way I can't wait until the police get tasers

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This IS funny....these retards protest to FREE PALESTINE yet they do it in Britain. If they feel so strongly about it why do they NOT go to Palestine and protest. Like most protestors..they only bitch, piss and moan and protest in a country that gives them the freedom to do so. They are to chicken---- to go to the country WITH the problem.

The US deals with the same crap too. We had mexicans protest and march in our streets displaying MEXICAN flags and screaming how they are proud to be mexican yet they do it where??? IN AMERICA! Not in mexico.

People make no sence anymore because they have been given EVERYTHING and spoiled by the freedoms of other places. They leave their countries because they are crap and have NO opportunities, NO freedoms, NO rights, NOTHING...but as soon as they go somewhere that gives them such things they then want to brag and support the same place that gives them nothing. Why not stay there and change it? I'll tell you why...the majority is all talk with ZERO backbone when there is a REAL threat.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

I think now you've made your point crystal clear it's even sadder.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
SO, a group of men who are vastly outnumbered are made to basically run in fear of being beaten (possibly to death) and you think its FUNNY!!!

Loser. Seriously. If you noticed, the Brit police DO NOT carry guns, and are under very strict control regarding the use of ANY force, not just lethal, in these 'peaceful' circumstances. They did absolutley the right thing. If they had used any force, however justified and moderate, you would be calling for their heads on a stick.

Just because they didnt start shooting tasers or wrestling them to the ground and shooting them in the back doesnt make them cowards. It makes them the sort of police force that others should be trying to emulate.

For clarity, im a brit living in the SF Bay area and ive seen a few things involving the police here that have absolutely shocked me.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by johnDoe21]

link   
This is just a taste of what is coming in the future. Emboldened, they'll increase their taste for confrontation.

I can tell you without a doubt, where I live in the Southeastern United States, this would not occur.

And if somehow the police were overwhelmed, the citizens would handle it, and there would be lots of blood in the streets.

This is in addition to Jewish synagogues being burned in France, and this overall protest that pits Islam against whoever isn't Islam.

Wait until they start to break out weapons. And while intellectually one would suggest such a thing cannot be allowed, instinctively, and historically, this is the natural progression of these things.

For a population without personal firearms, many Brits, police and civilian will be killed before too many years pass.

I feel badly for you, but if you found that somewhat offensive, then imagine what the Israelis and even Jews have been facing.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by dooper]

link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Never a truer word said.

Totally agree 100%

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think it is funny that a peaceful protest suddenly becomes an aggressive dangerous one when they think that police officers keeping the peace by not engaging any protesters makes them think they are intimidating the police and their message is showing how powerful they are, when in reality they are making themselves look like supporters of violence in the name of Islam.

2 sides to every coin.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You know what....some of you make me seriously SICK. I would be curious to see your cute responses if the police started the gasing and engaged in the beatdown of these protestors. How many of you would start yelling and screaming about discrimination against a certain religion or race.

Please take a ride on your Waaaaambulance out of this thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
This IS funny....these retards protest to FREE PALESTINE yet they do it in Britain. If they feel so strongly about it why do they NOT go to Palestine and protest. Like most protestors..they only bitch, piss and moan and protest in a country that gives them the freedom to do so. They are to chicken---- to go to the country WITH the problem.

These 'retards' you speak of are British people, who are very annoyed at the state of the world. Unfortunately for you, we have something called freedom of speech and the right to protests. Not everybody has the time, money or the arrangements to go travelling to Gaza, aminly due to the fact that they'd probably be shot dead by Jewish forces.

So why don't you come to Britain and protest at the way WE protest, or do your own words not apply to you?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
That was scary. One baton hit away from being an all out riot. If one of those bobbies would have tripped or if one of the protestors would have been made an example of and been given a beating, this would be on the main board under "Riots consume Britian"
It's a miracle it didn't escalate and it seems to me that it would have been a perfect scenario for non-lethal crowd control techniques. Water cannons, sound, gas, whatever.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
That;s why i think our Bobbies are far better at dealing with stressful situations than the idiots in America.

It seems our coppers can handle the riots, the protests, yet the second some kid starts shouting his mouth of in USA, out come the tazers, or even worse they handcuff them and shoot them in the back.

Our coppers have had to deal with football hooligans, firms, gangsters, protestors for years and 99% nobody gets hurt.

I'd love to see the Yank cops dealing with our football firms, there'd be bodies in the street and lynchings everywhere.

Gotta love the British.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Community policing techniques are the best policy for dealing with the everyday shenanigans of the people. There is a line however that even the brits have, and those boys don't mess around. When a heavy reactionary force is brought in look out. You can gurantee the roles would have been reversed and I'm sure they were only a few blocks away. The boys in riot gear and MP5's are never too far away and I wouldn't count on them backing up.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker
Community policing techniques are the best policy for dealing with the everyday shenanigans of the people. There is a line however that even the brits have, and those boys don't mess around. When a heavy reactionary force is brought in look out. You can gurantee the roles would have been reversed and I'm sure they were only a few blocks away. The boys in riot gear and MP5's are never too far away and I wouldn't count on them backing up.

My point exactly...

Yet it din't need to come to that. Nobody was hurt. Nobody died.

A good result.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
These 'retards' you speak of are British people, who are very annoyed at the state of the world. Unfortunately for you, we have something called freedom of speech and the right to protests. Not everybody has the time, money or the arrangements to go travelling to Gaza, aminly due to the fact that they'd probably be shot dead by Jewish forces.

Hmmm...British people annoyed with the WORLD! I see people USING British rights and protesting about a SPECIFIC country. Not about the world...so common sence SHOULD tell you...I doubt they migrated to Britian from Canada, Brazil, Japan, etc...lol. Do their signs say FREE THE WORLD...NOPE!

So what good does protesting in BRITAIN do? NOTHING!! The problem isn't in Britain until these idiots gather in the streets and cause problems. If these riots DO or DID get out of hand what good did that do Palestine? So people in Britain get hurt, items in Britain get destoryed...makes ZERO sence..

So why don't you come to Britain and protest at the way WE protest, or do your own words not apply to you?

Umm..this makes ZERO sense too. If America gave me a reason to protest I would do it HERE IN AMERICA! Not the streets of another country! If I choose to move to the UK and leave America behind..I wouldn't take to the streets and protest in Britain about something happening in America. You seriously can't be to bright when you DO protest about one place in another.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Yeah, lizard, I saw how well your British police handled that.

Just one thing.

This is a different kind of thug/rowdy.

Time, my friend, time.

You'll see.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The police don't seem to be 'backpedaling'. They just appear to be keeping ahead of the crowd. Good crowd control imo.

At 1:43 they get directions from the police and the person making the video even shouts 'follow the police'.

A few people take it too far and throw some things at the police. They are told to stop, they're not helping the cause and the police keep their cool.

At 5:35 it gets rowdy again, and the police approach a section of the crowd with batons raised. Once they calm down the protest moves again.

The people at the front accuse the police of running. I think the police handled it very well. They let the crowd have it's blow out, kept a close eye on the situation, no one was hurt and it didn't escalate into a riot. If the police had went in with force then it certainly would've ended in a full scale riot.

Its obvious that some people in the crowd are only there to start a riot. Especially the guy at the end that threatens the police that shouts "let's start a f'n war!". Wait a minute mate. I thought you were protesting against a war???

I'm glad in the UK we have the right to protest anywhere (well, expect outside parliament!), no 'free speech zones', and the police can stay calm and handle possibly volatile situations well.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Totally agreed... they may have "lost face"(the police) in some peoples eyes... but at least they didn't assault and shoot/taser anyone.
i would rather they "ran away" and put up a better barrier further down the road... than mindlessly batter the crap out of the protesters..

Those who think this is funny or weak or pathetic from the police... have obviously never protested or been on the end of a truncheon or a beating...

I'd love to see you laugh if you were...

[edit on 14/1/09 by blupblup]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join