It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: British Police Run Away From "Allah Akhbar" Screaming Muslim Protesters.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

As an American, I find your post offensive and ironic because if I, as an American, would've badmouthed the British in some way and called you idiots, I would've been called a bigot and an American fascist pig.

Please refrain from ever typing again.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

But what else should they have done? When the protestors became violent the police used force, when they wern't the police didn't.

I don't quite see how that is inviting worse to happen, but if it does...then the riot gear comes off the shelves and we have lines of police ready to take them on.

Why use overwhelming force on your own people? Only use the force you need to use.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gibbs1189

thats not really how it happened now was it? america has never defeated an english army. your so called war of independance was fought by english settlers(americans) against german mercenaries fighting on behalf of britain. (british army busy elsewhere I think).

You lot never seem to recall the 2nd war with the british (against real british armed forces) when we easily held you at bay while we kicked the french's arses.

remember the only war the americans had without english help was vietnam.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I agree with the basic premise of your argument SD, that there's a time to fight and a time to show restraint, but unfortunately some people only understand brute force and anything else is taken as a sign of weakness on your part. (i.e. the shouts of runs you cowards, and the throwing of objects at the retreating officers backs.)

Individuals like those are only emboldened to greater acts of violence by acts of kindness or restraint. Sometimes it's necessary for the safety of everyone involved to exercise a determined show of force. Have you ever noticed how vicious dogs are more likely to bite you if you turn your back on them and attempt to flee? Stare them down, and they'll do nothing but growl. They're basically cowards at heart, and prey upon those they perceive as weaker or more vulnerable to attack.

A good example of this behavior would be the three teenage serial killers that they recently captured in the Ukraine. They said they specifically chose victims that looked as though they couldn't or wouldn't fight back.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaBears
reply to post by mr-lizard

As an American, I find your post offensive and ironic because if I, as an American, would've badmouthed the British in some way and called you idiots, I would've been called a bigot and an American fascist pig.

Please refrain from ever typing again.

Relax, I have a tendency to go a little overboard in my posts. Apologies if necessary. No offence intended.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Aye, reading your post I must admit I see your point.

It's finding the middle ground though, using too much force on a 'mostly' peaceful protest may stop some from doing the same, but it may inspire others to do worse.

Such as the blitz in London during World War 2, it did not dampen morales greatly as hoped, but actualy increased the nation morale overall. To risk a similar action would be bad...

It is a tough decision definitely, too much and too little force could both cause problems in the near future.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The thing with me is...they are protesting in my country!!

But from what i am experiencing and seeing its just another reason to agitate!! and push their agenda!!..

Any excuse to push...even though they are afforded so many freedoms that they would not have in their own countries!!...,,

And regardless of finances where there is a will there is a way!!...if they really wanted to make a difference...why are they not there!!!

The police in this country are a law unto themselves...the fundamentals of training and recruitment have remained the same....governments change..the police do not!!.......it will be interesting to see how things pan out..

But that is my opinion!..,,,

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

Who are 'they' exactly? Because that protest did not consist entirely of Muslims, on the contrary I know it mostly consisted of working/middle class, white, non-Islamic Brits. It made a nice change to see the police behaving themselves - this is coming from someone who has had first hand experience of their lawbreaking - near the end of the video one of them almost shows his true colours when the cry of 'Let's start a ****in' war then' goes out but is pulled back by his fellow upholders of the law due to the camera. Cue much mirth.

This is just the tip of the iceberg as it were, there is a lot of contempt for our government at the moment and it's starting to boil over. This weekend might prove to be worse if Israel or our government/UN fail to change the growing humanitarian disaster.

Not in my name, are they listening?

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

Steven, if the police had previously had a "line" and were powered into retreat, well, it will encourage this behavior in the future. Just show up with enough screaming, cursing idiots, and the police will give way.

Word gets around fast.

It's likely my personality. I don't have a lot of backup in me, and I tend to stand my ground.

My apologies to my British friends. It's your police, your country, and you know what works best for you.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

No there was no 'line' they had to hold, it was an organised protest which means they have to be directed along the designated route which is why you hear the line 'follow the police'. It's a common thing here in Europe, it can get a bit tasty when the protesters want to go to an embassy or something similar but are refused.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

They were never in a uniformed line...just a rough similar distance line.

Only meant to keep the polcie close together, not to hem in the protestors.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

"Just show up with enough screaming, cursing idiots, and the police will give way."

If only it was like this in America.

Too bad we are now a Police State:

These guys look like Adolph Hitler's Wet Dream...

(Image Courtesy of PoliceState.net)

*Dooper, What did we fight for again?

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I think your attitude is part of what is wrong with America. For now, let's just keep this American.

We've got too many $#!Theads running around wanting to protest this, protest that, and while I have no problem with anyone raising a little hell now and then, it should be performed respectfully, and in good order.

If I happen to be a cop, or soldier standing there to remind everyone to be respectful and act in good order, and someone throws a brick at me, I'll consider that fact that that brick could have easily killed me or someone else, and blow a hole right in their middle.

These things get out of hand real easy. Just a couple hotheads can get folks killed. The one thing I learned the hard way, is when things get deadly, the faster I shot, the less shot I got.

Liberty City, Miami. Rampage. Burned their own neighborhoods, and started to spread to others. Nope. Armed men kept them the hell out.

Los Angeles. Same thing. Folks shot berserkers to protect them and theirs. The unarmed, and often unsuspecting, were dragged out and beaten mercilessly.

Britain has their own code of conduct. Maybe they don't have the same number of out of control retards we have here.

Law enforcement. The root word there is . . . . FORCE.

All civilization is based on law, which is enforced, and at the end level, only guaranteed and maintained by barbarity greater than the barbarity that a society would be exposed to if the law is not enforced.

My apologies. Everyone.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

"Law enforcement. The root word there is . . . . FORCE. "

I think your attitude is part of what is wrong with America. For now, let's just keep this American.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Only in America are people stupid enough to believe that during a protest people should have the RIGHT to break windows, throw rocks, roll over cars, damage property, and then when the cops decide enough is enough because your acting like a jack---, the first thing the trouble makers/protestors scream is POLICE STATE, or WHAT ABOUT THE 1st AMENDMENT, blah blah blah...logic among some is the reason for the police presence here in the US.

Imagine a protest in the US where the cops are told, don't go down there..let them protest on their own because we can TRUST THEM to behave....IMAGINE what would happen....if you think it would actually go over without a problem...you need to get off the drugs and come back to reality....they would rape and pillage because these days people DO NOT know how to act with manners, respect and understanding of why their actually there.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

So every protest ends in broken windows, rolled over cars, looting, etc? Don't be stupid, cars and public property were left well untouched even in the video so what is your point exactly?

Anyway, it is a common tactic to send undercover police officers into a protest crowd with the intention of being destructive and/or violent so the police have the right to break up the gathering.

Don't believe me?

Indymedia supports accusations

Most would still claim that it was coincidence or liberal lies, our governments wouldn't do that - would they?

Oh yes, they admit it. The police were unlucky they had to admit it this time due to slack preparation and strong supporting evidence, keep that in mind every time a protest gets rowdy.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is how the police patrol EVERY protest - they make lines of demarcation and face the protesters - you should see them with the Football crowd !!!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
As usaual some Americans cannot understand. The UK is a democracy, something the US used to be. Here we allow people to express their views within the limits of the law. And where as our Police had it all under control US Police would have a full scale riot on their hands and would go around shooting and tasering children and pregnant women. We know what we are doing and the Yanks don't and thats the difference.

Also for those who say these people should go to Palestine or where ever to fight the cause, they do and you still dont like it and the American Government even has the audacity to lock them up for same.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Magic, as usual, you're wrong. America is a republic, not a democracy.

Now. Start your anti-American tirade over again.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yes I now its a Republic but it has practised democracy. Oh and its not a tirade its just the truth, I know its hard for you to accept but none the less it is true. Tell me that children and pregnant women have not been tasered, tell me you don't shoot gas and burn your own women and children, go on tell me its not true.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join