It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: British Police Run Away From "Allah Akhbar" Screaming Muslim Protesters.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I accidentally starred the OP as I misunderstood his point of view. Wish I could take it back. My Flag remains however!
This is an absolutely stunning example of police restraint and control of a situation that could have gone very bad.

They handled the situation exactly as it should have been. It did not matter how unruly a few of the protesters began to get, the police kept their cool. You almost never see that in the US.
At one point the police lined the store fronts to protect them. Exactly what was needed to protect private property from possible damage.

I cannot say enough to praise the way these guys did their jobs and held in the natural human desire to take revenge -- especially those couple of occasions when an officer went down and/or was pushed.

Superb! This is what we have all been calling for. No tear gas. No arrests. No agent provocateur. The people protested loudly and sometimes irresponsibly, but no one got hurt let alone killed.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by wayno]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I really don't see how they are backpedalling for the most of the footage. They are simply trying to keep up with the crowd - you can clearly see at the start there is two lines of protestors, with one slightly ahead of them.

They seem to be causing problems with protest against a war, ok it does not get violent but it had the potential to, bit hypocritical to be honest.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Okay, I've watched about 80% of this footage. The boys in blue appear to be acting in the same way a rear guard would in a battalion. keeping an eye on the people following. Protests ususally follow a set route and the cops that were ahead were mainly keeping the route open for the large collection of people who were heading that way. to run away implies that they left the streets allowing the protestors to run the show, but they didnt. they were there continually throughout the footage. the police presence wasnt overly heavy, and to just act as guides and shepards, I dont think there needed to be. but I am pretty positive that the riot police would have been within close proximity. IMO, this footage shows a fantastic example of police control not being heavy handed. I even spotted a part of the footage where someone lobbed a traffic cone at the police and the police did not retaliate. Personally, as far as I am concerned, I would rather have these bobbies on the beat, doing crowd control, than some of the overly heavy handed american cops that i have seen footage of. this is all my opinion and people can read it as they like.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There are more videos of the protest on You Tube. One other one I watched ended with the presence of police in full riot gear - but still no violence either way.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yes some police do indeed run, when they don't move backwards quick enough and find themselves alone at the front line of the protestors. They run to take back positions among the line of police and continue walking...

These police are walking backwards at times, it's inevitable that some will lose pace and end up too close.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
This IS funny....these retards protest to FREE PALESTINE yet they do it in Britain. If they feel so strongly about it why do they NOT go to Palestine and protest. Like most protestors..they only bitch, piss and moan and protest in a country that gives them the freedom to do so. They are to chicken---- to go to the country WITH the problem.

The US deals with the same crap too. We had mexicans protest and march in our streets displaying MEXICAN flags and screaming how they are proud to be mexican yet they do it where??? IN AMERICA! Not in mexico.

People make no sence anymore because they have been given EVERYTHING and spoiled by the freedoms of other places. They leave their countries because they are crap and have NO opportunities, NO freedoms, NO rights, NOTHING...but as soon as they go somewhere that gives them such things they then want to brag and support the same place that gives them nothing. Why not stay there and change it? I'll tell you why...the majority is all talk with ZERO backbone when there is a REAL threat.

are you my alter ego? because i agree with you 100%

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

You obviously have NO idea of how us Brits deal with things then...

Our cops showed real restraint and calm.
Compare that to the Poll tax riots and then you'd be the guy who'd be saying OMG those Brits are crazy.

Seriously do your research before you go pretending you know everything about the UK just because of some video.

In another related thread i was showing a member how the police reacted exactly the same in Manchester when faced with hundreds of angry Rangers fans.

So are you saying the Rngers fans are taking over the UK? Of course not...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
People make no sence anymore because they have been given EVERYTHING and spoiled by the freedoms of other places. They leave their countries because they are crap and have NO opportunities, NO freedoms, NO rights, NOTHING...but as soon as they go somewhere that gives them such things they then want to brag and support the same place that gives them nothing. Why not stay there and change it? I'll tell you why...the majority is all talk with ZERO backbone when there is a REAL threat.

it is really amusing reading these kind of comments of people who doesn't have a clue what are they talking about... and what is happening

most of those people escaped from your spreading of democracy and 'freedom' with 'smart' and phosphorus bombs

and if they stay and fight you call them terrorists...

that's really sad

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Maybe they just had to get home and make sure their sheds were unlocked for the thieves?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Do not underestimate the British copper..their hands are tied at the moment!!....it will take one incident and permission!! then all the thugs and racists in the police will come out of the woodwork!! and there are a good few of them....and people that do not demonstrate ..peacefully will be in for a nasty shock..they will have a reason and permission!!

The Brits have a lot of experience with crowd control!!!!

In fact I had a conversation with a copper not long ago about the use of tazers in the UK ,,,I aggreed ..to a degree..but he was dead against it!!

His words

" I wouldn't trust a lot of coppers he knew with a batton ..never mind tazers" ..I found that a bit disturbing!!l

Now either not dangerous with any weapon as being as thick as pig poo!!

Or these people are real thugs an you will make them even more dangerous if you give them weapons!!

And incident and permission...will be a different story!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

People are protesting in Britain, France, Germany, USA, Russia, Japan, India, Pakistan, Israel, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, Bolivia, Canada and many other countries to show solidarity. Not only that, but the US, UK, and many other western powers often aid Israel with or without good cause and many are just sick to death of it. It is proper to protest in the countries who are responsible for pushing the Palestinians of their land and dropping off the Jews they didn't want themselves, thus causing decades of war and strife in the region.

It is now too late to push the Jewish Israelis out of Israel. And they shouldn't be pushed out. But we shouldn't be aiding their Zionist government in a massacre that we will pay the price for in terrorist attacks down the line when the smoke has cleared, and we return to comfort.

That's what 9/11, was all about.. The CIA calls it blowback.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This was just the protesters way of saying "Thanks" for allowing us to come to your great country! We really appreciate the higher standard of living your taxpayers have afforded us, and all the new freedoms we never were allowed in our own backwards countries.

Three cheers for multiculturalism and political correctness!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

That's right, Project.

Lots of riots, burnings, marches, and protests. It's all going to come home sooner than later.

Were these rioters and protesters Buddhists? Were they Taoists? Were the Christians? Were they Nepalese? Chinese? Were they Southern Baptists?

I wonder at some point in the future just how many police/civilians will have to die before the gloves come off?

The thing about law is that it requires enforcement. I saw no enforcement here.

Does anyone know what the root word is in "enforcement?"

That's right. Force. And to the Brits excusing their police hauling ass, I have some really bad news.

Civilization is dependent upon barbarity.

Without earlier barbaric enforcement of the basic laws, they would be useless.

You are all now so very proper and civilized. Good for you. The problem is that your "GUESTS" aren't.

And there's the rub.

At some point, you'll require FORCE.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

No, protests are aloud, you are asking the police to break the law by stopping the protest.

When certain protestors become too violent the police react, I saw from just watching small bits of the video, one man get thrown to the floor when he tackled an officer and another get hit in the face by a baton.

But protests are aloud, the police did exactly what they were supposed to do.

They wern't 'hauling ass', they were staying in front of the rioters... they are there till the end, if they were running away they would be gone... it's easy to mistake what is happening when you do not completely understand what is going on and how it works. Police react differently here to America and many other places.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by StevenDye]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by dooper

Lots of riots, burnings, marches, and protests. It's all going to come home sooner than later.

Were these rioters and protesters Buddhists? Were they Taoists? Were the Christians? Were they Nepalese? Chinese? Were they Southern Baptists?

Its been there for a long long time, and its been undertaken by many different factions, including some of those you've mentioned above.

Anyone who was alive at the time of Toxteh, Brixton and the Miners strike, or around in UK cities in the 70's and 80's at the height of football hooliganism in the in the UK knows full well what riots are like, and despite your repeated subtle attempts at racial/religious profiling I can tell you from personal experience that the overall majority of violent problems in the UK are caused by people of many differing races, religons and creeds, but mostly by arrogant drunk white people at football matches.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
And if one of them had shot or injured one of the protestors you would never have heard the end of it. Like it or not the police were sent to do a job. Unfortunately this makes a huge and bad example of what occurs when the policed are ordered to show restraint. I am afraid the best these people can celebrate is a win of a small skirmish because now they have given TPTB the ammunition they need to win the war. The next time they will not be as restrained.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Judge the actions of the police however you like. "Saving face" is not something officers of the law should be concerned with. Protecting the liberty and safety of the communities they serve, is.

In the final analysis, a large number of Muslims were able to demonstrate their extreme outrage at global events in a public place in a western nation. It happened legally, safely, without incident, and at complete discretion of the protesters.

It is a fine example of democratic principals, the rule of law, and freedom in action and working in harmony. I would have been proud if this occurred in the U.S.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm all for law enforcement officers showing restraint when dealing with peaceful protesters, but there's a point when you cross that invisible line, and go from legitimate protesting to infringing upon the rights of others. No one was seriously hurt this time, but next time everyone may not be so lucky.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Lloyd, you more succinctly made the point that I was making as far as what happens the next time.

I'm not British. I love the British, but I'm not from there. So I apologize if it is difficult for me to understand the reaction of the police.

If maintaining the "peace" takes precedent over lawful activity, then I'd say you are postponing a price to be paid in the future.

Hell, I've been wrong before!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
That;s why i think our Bobbies are far better at dealing with stressful situations than the idiots in America.

It seems our coppers can handle the riots, the protests, yet the second some kid starts shouting his mouth of in USA, out come the tazers, or even worse they handcuff them and shoot them in the back.

Our coppers have had to deal with football hooligans, firms, gangsters, protestors for years and 99% nobody gets hurt.

I'd love to see the Yank cops dealing with our football firms, there'd be bodies in the street and lynchings everywhere.

Gotta love the British.

Its sad that you judge the American Police system based off of videos you watch on T.V. or on the internet, which only portray the poor judgment or actions of certain officers or departments, and never any courageous deeds done by our police. Dont try and ridicule a country that you know little about just because you're British, not all Americans are violent, dumbass rednecks, we did manage to liberate ourselves from the tyranny of the British government a couple hundred years ago to become the most powerful country in the world, remember that? I'm a future Police Officer BTW.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join