It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: British Police Run Away From "Allah Akhbar" Screaming Muslim Protesters.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Negative in all ways it made me feel sad to be a human!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Dirty muslim wretches, doing this on our streets, shouting cowards at the police? there the damn cowards, bet they wouldn't do that in their own country. Watching this video has really got my back up, im sorry if my words seem harsh or even racist, i assure you i'm not racist, but gaaaah, i dunno what else to say in my current furious state. The police should have culled the herd IMO.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Bye all means those guys are entitled to a protest, Nothing wrong there..
But you cross the " line in the sand " .. That's it Gloves off and face the might off real Riot police and UK armed forces, Water cannons FRGs snatch squads then due process to the nearest POW camp IMO

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Whining about it on here seems to be the limit of what the British seem willing, or able, to do.

We already have creatures like Richard Reid rotting in our jails. An otherwise "normal" Brit who converted to Islam and chose to celebrate that fact by blowing up an airliner full of people.

Step forward a hundred years - what do you think Britain will look like then?

The British are beyond help, we need to sever the diseased limb.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

The British are beyond help, we need to sever the diseased limb.

Please be VERY clear what you mean by this statement. Since watching that video, i have come to realise i am a patriot? of my country. For hundreds of years we have faced battle and stood our ground, in our greatest challenge in WWII, we stood our ground, WE turned the tide of that war, not America, not France or Russia, granted without them we may not have succeded. That war nearly finished us financially, but we struggled through it. We are a small country, but our hearts are strong, and it breaks my heart to see things like that video, to see what we are putting up with. So please tell me what you mean by sever the diseased limb, I hope to god I have mis-interpreted what you mean.

[edit on 2/10/09 by woogleuk]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

The problem with your view is that the Police in the Uk are not charged with "Law enforcement" as in the USA, but rather "keeping the peace".

Fundamental difference you seem unable to grasp.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by dooper

The problem with your view is that the Police in the Uk are not charged with "Law enforcement" as in the USA, but rather "keeping the peace".

Fundamental difference you seem unable to grasp.

I'm just glad people like Dooper AREN'T in our police force. Our police may many have faults, but they know how to stay calm in the face of danger.

I think it's a British trait to be honest.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

That's just splitting hairs really, isn't it? Seeing as Americans seem to be hell bent on "spreading democratic principles" all over the world just like you have at home, but when someone calls the US a Democracy it suddenly isn't?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

So the right to protest is reserved only for White Christians? If Muslims do it, then thats a sign of some fictitious social collapse of the Anglo-Saxon order and a pending Muslim takeover?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Have I ever mentioned how much I hate thugs?

Because, man I really hate thugs.

The Bobbies did there job. Those men who quite obviously think that they are so awesome are threatening police in Britian. They don't give a rat's hind end about Palestine. They are using it as a reason to cause trouble and try and engage the authorities.

The Bobbies didn't take the bait.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

What I mean by that is that the USA should no longer automatically regard the UK as a like minded first world ally, as you will increasingly come under Islamic influence.

Sever the limb = sever the ties that bind.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

As usual you create your own posts to reply to, I made absolutely no mention of Muslims not being allowed to protest, I just think they should be doing it somewhere else.

The fact that you fail to appreciate the situation your country's weak approach to religious fanatacism has already placed you in convinces me that you are equally unable to see where that path will ultimately lead you in years to come.

As I have said many times before, if you don't see a problem - fine, if you like it that way - fine, just keep your massing hoardes on your side of the Atlantic and let us watch from a distance.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
As a Brit, I have mixed feelings about this.
Generally our police are not armed. Plus they are traditionally less violent than cops in other countries. It's an approach which has worked - till now. But I think changes are coming. In this case it appears they were outflanked and beating a tactical retreat. Better than an all out battle IMO.
But I have to ask - is this differential policing? I used to work in an area where a certain ethnic group prevailed. It was the perception of many, including me - that policing was a lot lighter in this area due to 'cultural sensitivities'. In other words, normal law of the land didn't seem to apply. I'll bet the police were under instruction to avoid anything which might be construed as racial harassment and consequently they took a 'softly softly' approach to the pervasive drug peddling, traffic infringements etc.
It was a standing joke that if you were white and tried it a couple of miles up the road, you would not get away with it.
I think this is a blinkered approach which will just lead to bigger problems in the longer term.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by unicorn1]

[edit on 5-10-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What's the big deal? No laws were broken that i can see. When someone did get close to upsetting the apple cart, they got dealt with, swiftly and within reason.

Freedom of religion, freedom of expression and the right to protest. All in action, and the police didn't inhibit any of it.

Good on them, for once.

Also, Retseh, my dear old thing, your rants are getting a bit predictable now. Some new material may be in order. I admire your commitment to admonishing us weak-livered limeys though. Do you get an erection when you see a thread with the word British in it?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The police were not cowards or running away in fear, they were keeping the peace, and considering the attitudes of some in the crowd I have to admire the self control, they exhibited. I say that grudgingly as I am not a supporter of the British police in general terms.

It does not matter if others in the crowd call them cowards because the police officers were not taking orders from them, they were taking orders from their own superiors who would have been determined to make sure the protest did not degenerate into a riot. If the riot had come you can be sure that the police would have become a totally different animal. I have seen how quickly this can happen, having seen the Brixton riots of the late seventies when the national front used to march in huge crowds through Peckham and Camberwell.

The police kept pace with the crowd and dealt with several who got a little too aggressive with several swift blows with a baton. Some police officers lagged behind for sure and seeing their mistake they ran to keep up with their colleagues, not because they were cowards but because the strength of a police unit in that situation is to stay as a coherent force.

What were they expected to do, deal blow for blow with the crowd and trade insults? Come on the Police are following a stick code of conduct with a preset objective that would have been briefed to them at the beginning. The protesters mistook their actions, sensed blood and gave vent to their emotions is how I see it.

The protesters are lucky in my opinion that they did not get what they had been wishing for.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd2c13c9c5bd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

This is sad and pathetic.

This is a protest deserving of LRAD use and gas canisters, not what happened in Pittsburgh.

Watching that video I was in support of the protest until they started attacking the officers who were already moving forward. This is blatant situation where violent "religious" idealists change a peaceful march into their personal battlefield.

By all means march and protest peacefully for Palestine, it's a cause I would march for too, but the moment you attack a British officer who is just doing their job, not attacking you, not preventing your right to protest, then we have a major problem.

People know right from wrong. The Police using the tactics they did in Pittsburgh was wrong. The actions of the Police in London against the G20 protesters were wrong.
Likewise, the actions of the protesters, throwing things and openly attacking the Police, in this video, are wrong.

I would have absolutely no qualms about seeing Riot police defending themselves on this occasion. It is justified the moment traffic cones are thrown.

Also, extremely sad that this will be used by the EDL/BNP scum to promote their ideals. Way to go protesters, you just gave them more ammunition.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
reply to post by stumason

As usual you create your own posts to reply to, I made absolutely no mention of Muslims not being allowed to protest, I just think they should be doing it somewhere else.

The fact that you fail to appreciate the situation your country's weak approach to religious fanatacism has already placed you in convinces me that you are equally unable to see where that path will ultimately lead you in years to come.

As I have said many times before, if you don't see a problem - fine, if you like it that way - fine, just keep your massing hoardes on your side of the Atlantic and let us watch from a distance.

Exaggeration much?

There are not masses of extremists in the UK, unless you count the BNP/EDL extremists causing problems on our streets?

We have a diverse society, one that a lot of us are proud of. Most intelligent people here know that there are only a small minority of people proclaiming that we should live by their rules. And, yes, in some cases they should have been ejected from our country the moment they make a threat.
But things are changing on that front.

I don't know what news you are reading or seeing, but you've been lied to.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
We have a diverse society, one that a lot of us are proud of.

Yes,I see absolutely no problem with multiculturalism.

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Most intelligent people here know that there are only a small minority of people proclaiming that we should live by their rules.

Are you sure about your figures?

This is an interesting article from British broadsheet newspaper the Times:

Half of UK Mosques now under hardline control

..Riyadh ul Haq, who supports armed jihad and preaches contempt for Jews, Christians and Hindus, is in line to become the spiritual leader of the Deobandi sect in Britain. The ultra-conservative movement, which gave birth to the Taleban in Afghanistan, now runs more than 600 of Britain’s 1,350 mosques, according to a police report seen by The Times.

...A commentator on religious radicalism in Pakistan, where Deobandis wield significant political influence, told The Times that “blind ignorance” on the part of the Government in Britain had allowed the Deobandis to become the dominant voice of Islam in Britain’s mosques.

Khaled Ahmed said:“The UK has been ruined by the puritanism of the Deobandis. You’ve allowed the takeover of the mosques. You can’t run multiculturalism like that, because that’s a way of destroying yourself. In Britain, the Deobandi message has become even more extreme than it is in Pakistan. It’s mind-boggling.”

www.timesonline.co.uk...

I'd also be interested to hear your views on the Channel Four Dispatches documentary 'Undercover Mosque':
video.google.com...#

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think the police handled this superbly, this crowd wasn't exclusively asian or exclusively muslim, the trouble causers were a minority. The shouts of Allah Akhbar and Kufur were answered by only a few replies and I heard the same voices shouting the insults over and over.

You can guarantee there would have been plenty of CCTV and video footage taken of the trouble causers and I'm certain there'll be action taken to track down the people identified as trying to incite violence, as has happened at previous demonstrations of this type.

This wasn't as bad as some of the demonstrations I've seen over the years with muslims holding up signs calling on people to commit terrorist attrocities, and those weren't broken up either but plenty of people wound up behind bars in the weeks afterwards.

As mentioned before, our police tend to take the "softly-softly" approach more often, and especially where minorities are concerned. In some parts of this country there are real social tensions between ethnicities and the police being heavy-handed is just going to inflame things. The police prefer to stand aside, let those with a desire to cause trouble identify themselves and quietly scoop them up after everything has died down.

Imagine if the police had charged in with batons, given us a juicy video of a few minority heads getting bashed in, instead of 50 troublemakers at the next demo there'd be 500 troublemakers, every cardboard terrorist in the country would be out screaming "Allah Akhbar" in the streets.

I prefer my extremists to shout at coppers in the streets and carry anti-war placards than hide in bedsits plotting to hijack planes and kill innocents.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join