It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This myth of the liberal media.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I've seen many conservative users on the world wide web bashing the so called liberal media. They say that the liberal media makes things seem better/worse than they really are. These people blame the liberal media for making the economic crises seem worse than it really is when it in fact is pretty bad. People need to get a grip. This so called media is just the conglomeration of all of these special interest groups and these news companies owned by private corporations. The views they say may be liberal... but... it would be a myth to say that they're liberal. They're just corporate! I'm sorry, but that's just a fact. I take an issue when people say that it's liberal. It clearly is just corporate and they just serve their corporate masters. That's all.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
All MSM's are basically owned by TPTB and are paid millions to blab about only topics that won't inform the general public. Keeps us so dumbed down that unless one looks news up on the internet, one never knows what's really happening. You'll never hear the real truth on any MSM networks!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Stars and a flag. You'll probably get some flames in here but the truth is that by and large stories will be slanted in favor of corporate. The castigation of the word liberal is an attempt to marginalize a large segment of society. Neo-conservatism must end for it has utterly destroyed the economy and our reputation around the world. The corporate is well taken care of by the NWO.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Follow the money.........

newsbusters.org...

It’s not just the thrills racing up and down Chris Matthews’ leg. Writing in Thursday’s Investor’s Business Daily, author William Tate documents that campaign donations from employees of big media companies are tilting 100-to-1 in favor of the Democrats so far this election cycle.

The New York Times' refusal to publish John McCain's rebuttal to Barack Obama's Iraq op-ed may be the most glaring example of liberal media bias this journalist has ever seen. But true proof of widespread media bias requires one to follow an old journalism maxim: Follow the money....

An analysis of federal records shows that the amount of money journalists contributed so far this election cycle favors Democrats by a 15:1 ratio over Republicans, with $225,563 going to Democrats, only $16,298 to Republicans.

And now we have media personalities who believe it is their job to make Obama a great President. President Bush definately didn't have the advantage of the media trying to prop him up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

The liberal drive-by media is real, ignore it at your own peril!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is a surprising thread, with the goal of ATS being "Deny Ignorance". This has already been proven by UCLA back in 2005.

Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist

Of the 20 major media outlets studied, 18 scored left of center, with CBS' "Evening News," The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times ranking second, third and fourth most liberal behind the news pages of The Wall Street Journal.

Only Fox News' "Special Report With Brit Hume" and The Washington Times scored right of the average U.S. voter.

The most centrist outlet proved to be the "NewsHour With Jim Lehrer." CNN's "NewsNight With Aaron Brown" and ABC's "Good Morning America" were a close second and third.

And since 2005, it's only gotten worse. Bet that runs another thrill up Chris Matthew's leg.

"It's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often."
- Chris Matthews

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Here is a fake news story that CNN did.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Roper]

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Heck, I even came across The New York Times, today, having a hard time dealing with the FACT that even the more "Republican Fox", through Rupert Murdoch is way towards Democrats.

Even companies whose news outlets are often perceived as having a conservative bias have given significantly more money to Mr. Obama. Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation, for example, has contributed $58,825 to Mr. Obama’s campaign, compared with $2,750 to Mr. Romney. The conglomerate, which owns Fox News, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Post and the 20th Century Fox studios, gave roughly the same amount to Mr. Romney’s Republican primary competitors Rick Perry and Ron Paul as it did to Mr. Romney.
Here.
edit on 24-8-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

top topics

join