It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caylee Anthony Case: The shovel and the pavers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I don't know how many of you have been keeping up with the Caylee Anthony case in Orlando, but I've been addicted to it since it first hit the media in July. There has been something that has confused me about the case since it first came out, and that was what Casey Anthony was doing with the shovel she borrowed from the neighbor around the the 18th of June - speculated to be 2 days after it is believed she murdered Caylee.

Just in the past couple of days a video showing Dominic Casey (who was working at the time for Cindy and George Anthony - grandparents of Caylee) at the location where Caylee's remains were ultimately found a month later. He is seen talking on his cell phone as if he is getting specific instruction on where to look. He has changed his story now twice as to who it was he was talking to. First he claimed it was his sick daughter, now he claims he was talking to a psychic. He has also changed his story as to why he was at the location in the first place. Initially he stated he was there to rule it out because Kio Marie - a school friend of Casey's - had early on stated to law enforcement that the area was a teen hang-out that her and Casey spent lots of time at when they were in school. In fact, Kio Marie went so far as to say she couldn't believe Casey would do anything to her daughter, but if something had happened to the baby, she would think Casey would hide the body there.

So initially DC claimed he was in the area to just generally rule it out based on Kio Marie's statement. Unfortunately, the second PI, Hoover, who is taping the search, has stated to the media and LE that DC called him and said "I know where Caylee is and she's not alive." and had him meet him at the location 2 days in a row (November 15th and 16th).

Ultimately the video shows DC searching two locations - the location where the body was found a month later, and behind an abandoned house. The audio of this video has not been released, but Kathi Belich - reporter for the local Orlando station WFTV - states she was allowed to hear the audio and that at one of the two locations searched you can here DC state "it would be right here". As if whatever (the body) he was looking for was to supposed to be right at that location. The interesting thing about BOTH locations you see DC searching in the video is that there is a pile of three cinder blocks or pavers at both locations - as if that is the landmark he is being directed to.

My question is this for those following the most bizarre public case I've ever seen in my life:

Has anyone been able to verify if any of the pavers from the Anthonys' backyard were found at the location Caylee's body was found? We now have the media reference that there was something heavy beneath the body (not knowing if that meant something inside the bag with the body, or if the bag was resting on something) and we have the video of DC centering on stacks of what appears to be cinder blocks or pavers.

My question is - has there ever been confirmation that pavers similar to the Anthonys' were found near the body? (Remembering that there was SOMETHING there that immediately warranted a search at the Anthonys' house). Because if so, this would definitely explain the use of the shovel. All this time I have been trying to figure out what KC would do with the shovel because I can't see her burying the body in the backyard, and I don't believe she even attempted to bury the bag once she discarded it. Not to mention she would have had to have left the Anthony house with the shovel in order to do that and the neighbor talks about looking over toward the Anthony house after KC had borrowed the shovel and still had it, and the vehicle was still in the garage. So she didn't leave with the shovel, or it appears she didn't.

I don't see miss-priss trudging the quarter of a mile through the dense woods between her parents' house and the spot where she dumped Caylee carrying both the body in the bag and the shovel - that's just too much work for her little self-aggrandizing ego. I think she used the shovel to pull up pavers. I think she used these pavers to possibly weight the bag down, but it's starting to look like she used them to mark the spot since DC was looking for a similar block/paver set up at both locations he searched.

In addition, if she was setting the pavers in the trunk, she would have had her hands in the same location as the decomposition fluids that we know had already made a mess. In fact, she may have taken care of two things on her trip to the Anthonys' that day. Up until that day the body may have been laying in the trunk sans the bag, but had begun to decompose (which would make since being in a trunk in the summer in Florida) and so it is possible she bagged the body, and then dug up the pavers. (That, or as others have speculated, the body had previously been in a single bag, and the bag had leaked and so she had to double-bag the body. I know there were rumors that the body was double-bagged when found.) This would explain the hits in the backyard because she would have had her dead daughter's body fluids on her hands as she worked to get the pavers in the backyard. Everything she would have touched would have had Caylee's death scent on it.

There has been discussion that in the tour of the backyard with Greta it appeared that to the right of Caylee's playhouse there should be pavers that weren't there. And didn't the dogs hit near the playhouse? Also, remember when George said that there was an area near the pool that appeared to have the ground disturbed when the police were searching? It would make sense to me that there should be pavers going to the area where the ladder would be set to get in and out of the pool to prevent grass on your feet. Were there pavers missing at the pool area?

If there is a source that confirms the pavers at the scene of Caylee's body, I'm thinking the most logical explanation for KC borrowing the shovel was to pry/dig up the pavers.

[edit on 1-13-2009 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The area where the body was found is flooded seasonally (summer), so without checking back to find the date of the child's disappearance I would say that she may have needed the pavers to weigh down the bag.

There is some very weird stuff about the way the body was found. I originally read that the guy was a utility worker and just stumbled upon the body, then that he'd called the police weeks before, now if it's the same guy you wrote about he had been searching other areas? It just gets stranger and stranger..

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
The area where the body was found is flooded seasonally (summer), so without checking back to find the date of the child's disappearance I would say that she may have needed the pavers to weigh down the bag.

There is some very weird stuff about the way the body was found. I originally read that the guy was a utility worker and just stumbled upon the body, then that he'd called the police weeks before, now if it's the same guy you wrote about he had been searching other areas? It just gets stranger and stranger..

No, it's not the same guy. The meter reader first reported a suspicious bag in the same area in August - on three consecutive days. There is weirdness about why none of the 3 reports (each made to a different enforcement group) did not turn anything up. Keeping in mind that Casey has had sex with half of Orange County, and one of those men was a deputy in the OC sheriff's dept who was subsequently fired for lying about his relationship with her (firing on August 22nd after the meter reader's calls in the first half of the month), there could be more to why nothing was found than we know at this time.

On one of the calls the meter reader made an unnamed OCSO deputy arrived at the scene and would not allow the meter reader to go back in the overgrowth to look with him allegedly because he had seen "a big snake". What this caused was the meter reader to be left standing by the road and unable to show the deputy exactly where he needed to look. The deputy emerged from the growth and said he found nothing.

I'd sure like to know that deputy's name.

[edit on 1-13-2009 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Great thread Valhall - you bring up a lot of very interesting things to think about.

Something isn't adding up and the video taken of DC being in the area and looking for something weeks before the body was found (supposedly just 10 feet from where he was looking), is highly suspicious.

It is such a tragic story and I just want the truth to come out so that those that are still alive can find a way to cope with the facts, whatever they may be, and try to find a way to move forward. Their lives will never be the same but I do hope that they are able to one day find peace.

Jemison

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Valhall - check out Nancy Grace's Official Website .

There is some new footage. Rather interesting.

I think you should email your thoughts on this to Nancy Grace.

She's a pitbull and will dig in on it.

SERIOUSLY. Do it.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There are many odd questionable things about this area the body and bag were found.One thing is that the teenagers used to hang out in these areas even though there were snakes?

The house across the street from where the bag was found suggests to me the bag may have been there 'at one point' and than moved across the street.

I would check the entire area of that house with the cadaver dogs and as a crime scene also. The shovel may have been taken to dig up the body also. The shovel may have also been brought to use as a weapon against any possible snakes and kill them.

There seems to be an element of a wider conspiracy, especially with cloroform, tape etc. Some people who don't trust cops may have felt spooked.

This whole thing seems to be a fiasco of poor planing for people we should think would be more professional and educated. It's as if it's meant to be chaotic and confusing.

Cayce's father worked in homicide? Cayce seems to be an actress and the rest of it also seems like a daytime soap tabloid. Cayce may have some connection with MKULTRA or mind control. The parents are asking for immunity?

Somehow I feel Cayce is a victim, but not as much as Caylee apparently has.....if she really is dead. For all we know, the body, if one at all...wasn't hers either. We may never know the truth and Cayce may just disappear into seclusion outside of prison without anyone knowing any different.

The jury is going to have fun figuring this one out either way.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
oh snap!

I just remembered why I stopped posting here.

oh well.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
Cayce may have some connection with MKULTRA or mind control.

Uhh Whut. Seriously, put down the keyboard and back away from the internet.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by XigXag

Uhh Whut. Seriously, put down the keyboard and back away from the internet.

Seriously. We're talking about a loser who couldn't complete 1 hour credit to get her damned high school diploma and has done nothing but screw strangers, lie, steal and murder her own daughter and all of a sudden we've got to elevate this puss-pocket to some kind of MKULTRA victim just because we can't cope with the fact there are people out there evil enough to lie, screw strangers, steal and murder their own daughter. As I said in other threads - this grasping to replace reality that people can't change with conspiracy theories that people convince themselves they can "out" is pervasive here. You can't have a normal intelligent conversation because some one has to bring in their obsession for their chosen "boogie man - and/or boogie organization".

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Yup, 'Tot Mom' is a narcisistic sociopath, pretty much end of story about her. She killed her child either through negligence or stright up murder.

Caylee is a different story. I believe the body was buried at the home, and later moved to the wooded area where it was found. I've missed the footage you're asking about so I can't give an opinion about that. The family is more complicit than is being let on, that you can be sure of.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Thanks for your "Nancy Grace BS" point of view.

I haven't any doubt this would never come up in court even if it was actually true. Poor Cayce doesn't stand a chance with people like you in the jury. The check is in the mail.

She looks like she's gaining too much weight. By the time she's convicted, we won't recognize her anymore.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The thing that bothered me was the guy who supposedly called the Police three times.

Normally, one would call, and that would be it. But this guy called again. And again.

To me, this would indicate that he knew the body was there, had seen it, and each day the body wasn't found, realized that the Police hadn't searched properly, or they would have discovered the body too.

I feel he discovered the body the first time he went into the woods to relieve himself, and for whatever reason, instead of saying, "Holy crap! I think I found a body!" He instead elected to go low key.

No other reason for him to call three separate times.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I should hope that 'Poor Casey' doesn't stand a chance, she doesn't deserve one.
She is a lying, manipulative, self centered sociopath. she has no concern for anyone but herself. The first time she was brought into court she could barely keep the smirk off her face.
But yeah, sorry to bring reality crashing back down, you go with that MKULTRA theory. Maybe Caylee was abducted by aliens, Zenida must be MIB.
Ill be over here looking at actual history of psychology and homicide.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by XigXag

Please share your "professional" point of view in how this case has been handled so far than? (yawn)

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Oh yeah. I forgot why I came back to this thread one last time.
This thread makes me think there should be an "Unsolved Crimes" forum on ATS. God knows there are always a half dozen or more unsolved mysteries in the news on a regular basis. And thats not including some old historical cases as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XigXag

Of course and let's bring in the psychics and remote viewers to help solve them also!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

reply to post by XigXag

Please share your "professional" point of view in how this case has been handled so far than? (yawn)

Incredibly poorly. The amount of bungling by the police in this case is only exceded by the JonBenet Ramsey case.
"Yawn", yes indeed reality is not anywhere near as exciting as making absurd claims of government mind control when the reality is that people kill people. Often parents kill children. Often it is people who seem completely normal in their day to day existance.
Many people have mental issues.
Casey Anthony is one such person. She killed her daughter either through negligence or violence.
Get over it.
Casey is not a victim.

Now go finish that bong thats burning away in the corner. I hate to see good weed go to waste.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

reply to post by XigXag

Of course and let's bring in the psychics and remote viewers to help solve them also!

Sure why not, I've seen strange things, I have no problem with them giving their 2cents. I won't be holding my breath waiting on them to solve anything, but I'm willing to listen to their input.
If they bring up aliens, or Atlantis, I'm going to have to pretty much write them off as far as solving crime tho.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

From several family experiences: Florida law enforcement officers and the OC Sheriff's Dept. in particular only bother to show up when it suits them. Blowing off a tip because they didn't like the caller's tone of voice or had slept with a suspect is pretty normal here. So is botching an investigation if the friend of a friend is involved.
The same local stations that "encouraged" people to harass the Anthonys and their neighbors are alleging that the utility worker had a prior arrest for kidnapping and that he is involved. Funny how newscasters now have the power to try a case before it goes to court! Most people are betting that a number of people including the Anthony family, the lead investigators, Leonard Padilla and the private investigator all will go to jail or lose their jobs for misconduct or evidence tampering.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by XigXag

reply to post by XigXag

Sure why not, I've seen strange things, I have no problem with them giving their 2cents. I won't be holding my breath waiting on them to solve anything, but I'm willing to listen to their input.
If they bring up aliens, or Atlantis, I'm going to have to pretty much write them off as far as solving crime tho.

Yeah, well....that's the thing. The government wouldn't and couldn't admit that remote viewing works. And they obviously couldn't use it in court to turn on themselves either. Such as with
MKULTRA and mind control programs.

No, I'm pretty sure Atlantis was and is actually a mother ship that looked like a city.
Stargate Atlantis isn't really fiction.
Love that show. Too bad I can't afford the channel.

As for unsolved deaths and missing persons, I've watched those trying to get some psychic impressions myself and failed. Some shows are way more graphic than others showing dead bodies. I forget which one that is. I think it's Cold Case?

I'm sure Cayce and Caylee Anthony drama will most likely be made into some book deal and movie with so much publicity over it. We may not ever hear the whole truth though.

It's odd that Cayce wanted to be noticed and this was how she did it. I wonder how much money is being sent to her in prison now and who's sending it.

Zaneida Gonzales doesn't deserve squat. Tell her to change her name.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join