It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Business Plot (Takeover of the White House)- 1933

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Lets start off with a brief history of what this is about.

In 1934, Butler came forward and reported to the U.S. Congress that a group of wealthy pro-Fascist industrialists had been plotting to overthrow the government of President Franklin D. Roosevelt in a military coup. Even though the McCormack-Dickstein Committee (precursor to the House Un-American Activities Committee) corroborated most of the specifics of his testimony, no further action was taken.

In his testimony, Butler claimed that a group of men had approached him as part of a plot to overthrow Roosevelt in a military coup. One of the alleged plotters, Gerald MacGuire, vehemently denied any such plot. In their final report, the Congressional committee supported Butler's allegations of the existence of the plot, but no prosecutions or further investigations followed, and the matter was mostly forgotten.

You may or may not know about the business plot, as it is not often spoken about. In 1933 wealthy businessmen attempted to take over the United States, by overthrowing President Franklin D. Roosevelt. Butler testified that through MacGuire and Bill Doyle, who was then the department commander of the American Legion in Massachusetts, the conspirators attempted to recruit him to lead a coup, promising him an army of 500,000 men for a march on Washington, D.C., $30 million in financial backing, and generous media spin control. Well that was most generous of them, but what they did not figure was that Butler would spill the beans in order to preserve his country from Facism.

The leaders of this coup had good reason that Butler would join them. Butler was promoting veterans at the time to go and ask for there money at the White House (Remember The Adjusted Service Cerificate Law), the veterans slept in tents and demanded there money. Butler encouraged this and Herbert Hoover having enough ordered all the veterans removed from infornt of the white house, led by MacArthur the troops removed the veterans. This angered Butler and Butler made his support known for FDR the next election. Seeing an open oppotunity the leaders of the coup to overthrow the president went to one of the most popular military figures at that time, Butler. But Butler was not the only one who was approcahed, Veteran Of Foreign Wars commander James E. Van Zandt stated that, "Less than two months (after General Butler warned him about a coup), I was approached by agents of wall street to lead a Facist dectatorship in the United States under the guise of the Veterans Organization." Another person contacted was Captain Samuel Glazier, who testified under oath that a plan to install a facist dicatorship was being acted upon.

But who were the leaders, who was it trying to overthrough the government? Lets examine what BBC news said:

The coup was aimed at toppling President Franklin D Roosevelt with the help of half-a-million war veterans. The plotters, who were alleged to involve some of the most famous families in America, (owners of Heinz, Birds Eye, Goodtea, Maxwell Hse & George Bush’s Grandfather, Prescott) believed that their country should adopt the policies of Hitler and Mussolini to beat the great depression.

Does that say what I think it says? Prescott Bush? Hmmmm, interesting. But if they were known leaders against a coup, why did nothing happen to them, lets examine what a traitor is:

Oran's Dictionary of the Law (1983) defines treason as: "...[a]...citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]." In many nations, it is also often considered treason to attempt or conspire to overthrow the government, even if no foreign country is aided or involved by such an endeavour.

So if it is treason, why were none prosectued for treason? And even worse, how could the son of a traitor and a grand son of a traitor become President of The United States. Seems far out there right, unfortunatley it is not. Apparently and According to the BBC, President Roosevelt cut a deal. He refrained from prosecuting some of the wealthiest men in America for treason. They agreed to end Wall Street’s opposition to the New Deal. No accountability? No Crimes? Nothing! What in the world? Wow with all those testimonies, why was it just swept under the table? Was it because FDR knew that they would succeed, so he cut a deal with them to stop there coup, in hope of future generations would be able to stop the NWO? If that was the case what did FDR have to give up in order to stop the coup.

Presdient Bush Senior hinted to a New World Order and his son added fuel to the presidents and governments power. The Patriot acts and other such acts so what is going on?

BBC Program The White House Coup

Thanks for Reading,
~TheMythLives

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Good thread.

I always knew Prescott Bush was a Nazi.

But, even today with all of th evidence of treason from members of Washington, what are we to do?

Most people would rather just pretend like everything is peachy.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Thanks for the thread MythLives. S&F!

I first heard of this a while back in an article titled "The White House Putsch" included in a conspiracy compilation book, 70 Greatest Conspiracies of All Time. (I think they're up to 80 now) Unfortunately, I haven't looked into it since.

Would you know if the coup was mentioned in any mainstream articles or publications at the time? Was there a media black-out as well?

It's obvious that if Wall Street was behind the coup, many papers wouldn't have covered it. However, press ownership was not as concentrated then as it is now.

[edit on 10/1/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Butler wrote this essay War is a Racket

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

If I remember correctly it was not mentioned at all. No one in the media dared to mentioned it and it was all hush hush.

Even more alarming, the elite-controlled media failed to pick up on the story, and even today the incident remains little known. The elite managed to spin the story as nothing more than the rumors and hearsay of Butler and French

Unfortunately these rumors have been found as true and the cover up, failed. Or perhaps it worked? Look at it all the high class names that were not convicted.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
S&F.

I do not have any information to add to the thread except that if this was true it certainly does make me feel a little bit more weary of the Bush administration.

The way I look at it is like this. If one secret plot to take over the government fails it might be heard about.

If a secret plot to take over the government succeeds...well, it was secret so of the people who would really *know*?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Good take on that, if there was a secret plan we would probably only hear if it fails, but if it were to succeed we would not know about it until it was too late. Nice thinking star for you.

Unfortunately not a lot of people would know a lot about this, I did not know about this until yesterday. Its all interesting and makes one wonder will it happen again?

[edit on -06002009-01-10T16:07:43-06:00312009bAmerica/ChicagoSat, 10 Jan 2009 16:07:43 -0600, 1 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Star/Flag..
The US Gov has generally been corrupt throughout it's history. One can say that the USA as a whole put the indigenous population (Indians) in a similar situation that the Palestinians face today and he would be correct. Once we or our predecessors violate our own governing document by stating that all men are created equal with the exception of those bloody savages over there.... HUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Mr. Maxwell's grandson owns land near me. Next time I see him, ill have to ask him about his grandfather! He came over for a visit one day with his lab and let him play in the pond, but he didn't seem to be the real talkative type.
This has me wondering if any fellow members or anyone else for that matter has done the geneology of our politicians. a spreadsheet would be nice. Actually this would be nice to have prior to elections. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread with my thought. Have a great day

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha_Magnum

Yeah, I never understood how a being could be considered "property" or "Primitive" or "Savage" or "less evolved". Things like that just give people excuses to kill and cause suffering. The United States made an exception and did not even attempt to convict the masterminds behind the business plot. And that does not sound fishy?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

I would actually be interested to here what Mr. Maxwells grandson has to say, maybe he doesn't even know about it, I mean it was not that well known back then and not a lot of people know about it today. You should interview him, with a camera and post it on here and this thread would be interesting to see what he has to say. And don't be sorry you were just adding some great ideas.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
There are a number of threads on this floating around here, but good on you for bringing it up again.

Anyway, I would like to link to one of the other threads as The Vagabond had done some pretty comprehensive research about this topic and made a thorough post in one of the earlier threads.

It is well worth the read, about 1/2 down the page.

I will look at some of the other threads and if they have more info than you do here. I will post them too.

EDIT TO ADD:

A lengthy article by Jules Arthur

The Business Plot

Smedley Butler

The Bonus Army

[edit on 10-1-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Thanks for adding more info to this thread. I think it is important for everyone to know about this and lets be honest we deserve to know. Butler should be considered an American Hero for preventing and saving the United States.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
i dont have much to add but reading this part reminded me of something..

The plotters, who were alleged to involve some of the most famous families in America, (owners of Heinz, Birds Eye, Goodtea, Maxwell Hse & George Bush’s Grandfather, Prescott)

wasnt presidential hopeful John Kerry connected to the Heinz family?

its probably nothing but i remember that. seems the same few families are still in the big leagues.

a little digging got me this..

In 1929, Birdseye sold his company and patents for $22 million to Goldman Sachs and the Postum Company, which eventually became General Foods Corporation

and the general food corporation eventually bought maxwell house

Three more acquisitions followed in 1928. The most important was that of the Cheek-Neel Coffee Company. Its product, Maxwell House, dating from 1892, was a well-known brand in what was still a fragmented U.S. coffee market. Within a few years, however, it was to become the number one brand in America and would retain that position well into the 1980s

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Star and Flag.

This is something I hadn't heard about before, but I'm definitely going to be looking into it later tonight. It seems to fit in place with some other random pieces of thought that have been poking at my mind. Thanks for sending it to me! I'll post my research later if it's relevant.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

Very interesting your on to something mate. I think Kerry is related to them, lets keep digging and see where the rabbit hole goes...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

I look forward to your thoughts. I am sure it will be relevant.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, John Kerry is married to a member of the Heinz family.

This link has a great collection of interesting snippets on this and other topics from the 1920's to the 1940's and makes very interesting reading.

www.mtwsfh.blogspot.com...

A lot of reading but quite absorbing so go get a coffee before diving in.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Wow I cannot wait to dive into reading that. It really looks interesting. I appreciate everyone's contribution to this thread and let keep it growing.

Teresa Heinz Kerry is married to John Kerry, who ran against President Bush. Now here's the wierd thing: John Kerry and Bush are both apart of the Skull and Bones society and Bush's Grandpa (Prescott) worked with the owners of Heinz to overthrow FDR (as stated above), but here's something wierd: Kerry and Bush are both connected through the skull and bones and connected by family to the Business Plot. Coincidence?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

John Kery is married to Teresa Heinz, heiress to the Heinz Ketchup forutne!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join