It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Whitehouse Coup - Prescott Bush

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

A BBC Radio 4 investigation sheds new light on a major subject that has received little historical attention, the conspiracy on behalf of a group of influential powerbrokers, led by Prescott Bush, to overthrow FDR and implement a fascist dictatorship in the U.S. based around the ideology of Mussolini and Hitler.

In 1933, Marine Corps Maj.-Gen. Smedley Butler was approached by a wealthy and secretive group of industrialists and bankers, including Prescott Bush the current President's grandfather, who asked him to command a 500,000 strong rogue army of veterans that would help stage a coup to topple then President Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

src prisonplanet.com...

src www.bbc.co.uk...

Like father like son. Many here are aware of Prescotts loose 'affiliation' with the Nazis but this is news that is very close to treason I would presume. What do you suppose ol Prescott might have had on the agenda? Perhaps the acorn didn't fall too far from the tree given what his grandson has managed so far.

brill

[edit on 24-7-2007 by brill]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This information needs to get spread around in the U.S. media, not just the BBC. But then again so does 75% of information on this site which will never see the light of day in mainstream media anywhere. Great find!

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Great story, OP! I read about this awhile back ago in a book entitled," 70 Greatest Conspiracies of all Time." Alot of people haven't heard of it but I do believe it's mostly true. It was certainly a different time in 1933.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Here's some additional info on the coup and other major players. Even though a congressional investigation validated Butlers testimony, this entire issue was wiped clean. This was a major conspiracy involving some of the wealthiest and most influential people of that time. Butler is now was considered a true patriot and a hero for bringing this to light. Although this was Bush's grandfather does it stand to to reason that by association alone he is not a true American and should not if anything be president. How can the current US president hold office with such a tainted past. Unbelievable.

www.larouchepub.com...

brill

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
When you read back into the family you will be amazed.

It seems that the two Grandpa and his Rockerfeller buddy used there railroad/shipping to transport weapons to the Nazi's.

I don't know either how they were allowed to continue there DYNASTY, (DIE-NASTY)

Does that tell you how asleep you have been. I wrote all about these guys here somewhere but there seemed to be no interest.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Wow, I had never heard of this. I'm surprised and I'm not surprised, if that makes sense.

brill, thanks for the link. Looks like alot of information.

Good stuff

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Here's some additional info on the coup and other major players. Even though a congressional investigation validated Butlers testimony, this entire issue was wiped clean. This was a major conspiracy involving some of the wealthiest and most influential people of that time. Butler is now was considered a true patriot and a hero for bringing this to light. Although this was Bush's grandfather does it stand to to reason that by association alone he is not a true American and should not if anything be president. How can the current US president hold office with such a tainted past. Unbelievable.

www.larouchepub.com...

brill

I am definately not defending George Bush but to say he shouldn't be eligable to hold office based on something his grandfather is alledged to have done is absurd.

If you feel it necessary to attack George Bush then attack his policies and actions. There is plenty of ammunition out there. I think a direct attack would certainly have much more creditability than a guilt by association, two generations removed, rant.

Surely you can do better than that.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by duster]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
How much better does he need to do? The roots of the entire Bush family fortune is made on the backs of betrayed WWII soldiers.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Much the same as the Kennedy family I guess

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I am definately not defending George Bush but to say he shouldn't be eligable to hold office based on something his grandfather is alledged to have done is absurd.

Seriously? How could anyone really come to this conclusion?

But lets break it down here, first its not twice removed. You do remember that bush sr. was also a president and also a vice president? You would be a fool to think that they wouldnt have the same 'motive' or the same friends or the same circle of people who would be capeable of doing the same stuff.

Just look into the history how hitler was able to manipulate his country into the state it was when we think of nazi germany. Remember hitler was an elected offical, he was loved by his people. It might shock you how simliar it was to the sitution that is going on now.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I just searched Wiki for BrownBrothers Harriman, because i thought it was vital to this topic that presscot was also affiliated with a merchant bank that was funding hitler from the US.

The wiki artical that i read in the past explained how presscot was investigated heavily by the justice department, but no charges materialised. Now that artical has been trimmed down drastically, it says nothing about what the bank was into during ww2.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
So by that same logic we should never consider decendents of the Heinz family, Colgate family, or family members of any of the General Motors founders. How many generation should we wait before we can consider the man and not his ancestors.

If you recall I did say I wasn't defending Bush but that I felt the person should be considered for his own attributes not those of his ancestors.
Bush should have been eliminated for his own shortcomings not someone elses.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It is completely relevant to all the issues at hand in the Bush administration now. It sheds light on why he has done what he has, why he thinks of himself as a dictator, why he thinks he can get away with anything, etc. I find this article and evidence to be a damning piece of evidence to the Bush family. I also hope Dubya gets tried, convicted and hung for treason (and genocide). I only wish I could be the executor to carry it out.

Let it also be mentioned, and I'm not sure where I had read this, but maybe someone can confirm the source (I've read thousands of articles and watched hundreds if not thousands of videos, so I just honestly don't remember): George Bush Sr. said to someone (I think a lady), "If the American people knew what we've done, they would drag us into the streets and lynch us." I could only imagine how many horrible things he was referring to.

[edit on 7/25/2007 by pjslug]

[removed quote of entire previous post]
Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by aquarius3733

Seriously? How could anyone really come to this conclusion?

But lets break it down here, first its not twice removed. You do remember that bush sr. was also a president and also a vice president? You would be a fool to think that they wouldnt have the same 'motive' or the same friends or the same circle of people who would be capeable of doing the same stuff.

Just look into the history how hitler was able to manipulate his country into the state it was when we think of nazi germany. Remember hitler was an elected offical, he was loved by his people. It might shock you how simliar it was to the sitution that is going on now.

True, even the financial crisis is similar...

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by duster
So by that same logic we should never consider decendents of the Heinz family, Colgate family, or family members of any of the General Motors founders. How many generation should we wait before we can consider the man and not his ancestors.

How about we just execute all of the criminals in every family, allow the good ones a chance, and if they go bad, execute them too?

I like my idea

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I think the documentary JFK II sheds a lot of light on the Bush family.

It goes into depth about the Harriman and Prescott Bush Nazi connection, as well.

JFK II and Deep History

total 1 hour 30 minutes

I think it's well worth it

There might be a better quality video on google. You can get it via torrents, as well.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I saw a show about this on the History channel...about Maj.-Gen. Smedley Butler and this very topic of toppling the democratic government and installing a Dictator. It was on only once that i know of...i really wanted to see it again and get all the info i could get.

Excellent post...ive researched it for a long time but looked in all the wrong places i suppose because i found very little. (nothing actually about it) The main hinderance of my search was not remembering the name. (Smedley)

This has been stuck in my head for a long time and i have been frustrated a lot because of it...now i feel much better.

[edit on 25/7/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by duster
Much the same as the Kennedy family I guess

well you don't have to look far back in history to see that the coup DID take place - on the day of the kennedy assassination.

and what was bush snr doing for a job at that time and what jobs did he go on to do afterwards? you just don't go from being a nobody straight into being the cia director. just look around the circle of friends then and now.

besides, do you think his father wouldn't have included him and the rest of his family in their plans? these people don't plan what they're going to do the next day - they plan what they're going to do for the next couple of centuries! taking control of america was just their opening move in their game of global chess. and the worst part is that they are going to win it for lack of any opposing player because they bought/killed off all their oppositions pawns a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
signature
This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

That up there is Pfeil's signature, now if that was said by Abe Lincoln then you could say that Prescott Bush and his mates were using their constitutional right to " exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it"

Just thought I would throw that into the mix as it was glaring out at me from the page as I read through this here thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I started researching for one heck of a post here, but it's amazing how deep some of this stuff goes.

Smedley Butler's personal history is very relevant to the matter.

He was an obvious choice for the American Legion powered putsch, as he had successfully raised and lead an significant force of Veterans on Washington before, peacefully, only to be put down violently.

But on further inspection it doesn't all make sense. He had a history with both presidents Roosevelt- they loved him. Teddy called him the model American soldier, and FDR was behind his second Medal of Honor as Secretary of the Navy. I'm still looking for further connection, either through Butler's father, Congressman Thomas Stalker Butler. There was another Butler, namely Dr. Nicholas Butler, who was a friend of Teddy Roosevelt up until they differed over trust busting, and that might lead to some kind of family involvement even.

Not only that, but Butler had a long-standing beef with conservative republicans. He was a personal enemy of President Hoover, who presided over the scandalous business of cheating Butler out of assignment as Commandant of the Marine Corps, and who had Butler arrested for insulting Mussolini in a speech (he tried to have Butler court martialed for it, but Butler got off with a reprimand and retired shortly thereafter). In that regard, Butler had already shown his colors in regards to facism and had ample reason to distrust the right wing in general, especially considering that Hoover was also behind Eisenhow and Patton attacking the unarmed veterans of the Bonus Army.

So it puzzles me. How stupid would they have had to think Butler was to even ask him of all people? They should have expected the answer they got, which was, "If you raise your 500,000, I'll raise 500,000 more and lick the hell out of you!"

And yet congress determined that Butler's testimony on the matter was probably accurate. (There is a chance that the answer will become clear if there does prove to be a family tie between the Butlers and Roosevelts which might have been weakened by the rift between Nicholas and Teddy)

As for Prescott Bush, I'd be surprised if he was too big of a fish in the affair. The Bush family only got their real big break when Samuel Prescott Bush went to work for Rockerfeller at the Buckeye Steel Castings Company, and eventually was given control of the company, which meant doing business with Harriman, and eventually got him into Remmington arms and the War Industries Board. His new friends got his son Prescott into Yale and Skull and Bones.

As only a second generation member of the cabal, Prescott would have been pretty much along for the ride. He also would have been expendable.

That creates some room for one of several theories I entertain, which is that perhaps the entire affair was intended not to be carried out, but to bring down trouble makers like Butler who were stupid enough to get involved in such a plot.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join