It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Was Donald Rumsfeld Doing At A UFO Symposium?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
In other words, is the truth about aliens and UFOs being hidden from us?

“REPORTS THAT say something hasn’t happened are interesting to me, because as we know, there are known unknowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”
Rumsfeld, ex Secretary of Defense

Allen Hynek had told me a very interesting thing many years ago and he said he simply didn’t know what to make of this particular remark (From Donald Rumsfeld). He found it both intriguing that he could consider it a blowhard kind of remark.

Allen said that at some point when Rumsfeld was Secretary of Defense, he went to Washington, and he got an appointment with Rumsfeld. He had been for many many years a consultant for the Air Force on UFOs phenomena. He actually knew Rumsfeld. He said that they chatted about this and that in Rumsfeld’s office and then he turned to him and said, “Don, I have to ask you something. I have been in this for years looking at the UFO phenomena. I feel like at this point in my life I am in a position of ‘need to know’ what you know or what some agency might know that I don’t know. I have a ‘need to know’ I feel."

He said that Rumsfeld stood up and pointed a finger at him and said, "You have no ‘need to know’ and then sat down again. That was the end of it.

So was Rumsfeld, as Secretary of Defense, privy to the goings on regarding UFOs? Though that statement of his could be interpreted both ways, here’s something that points to evidence that he was fully in the know about the UFO phenomenon. If he considered it nonsense or a figment of one’s imagination, then what was he doing at:

The Symposium on Unidentified Flying Objects.
Hearings Before The Committee On Science And Astronautics, U.S. House of Representatives, Ninetieth Congress, Second Session, July 29, 1968.

The Introduction…

”Today the House Committee On Science And Astronautics conducts a very special session, a symposium on the subject of Unidentified Flying Objects; the name of which is a reminder to us of our ignorance on this subject and a challenge to acquire more knowledge thereof.”

Here are the first two pages of the symposium…(Take a look at the second half of page 2).

Well, it seems a lot is happening out there with the full knowledge of the likes of Donald Rumsfeld and Co, but who are in denial mode. How long more?

Here’s what the Secret Shadow Government is up to, with special reference to its Intelligence Branch:

The secret "shadow" government is the large organizational network which operates alongside the officially elected and appointed government of the United States of America. Just as with the official government, the secret government has functional branches. The Shadow Government is a creature of powerful elite, who need not fear being dominated by an instrument of their own creation.

I was going through ATS archives and came across this eye-popping article by Dr Richard Boylan, Ph.D. on The Secret Shadow Government in America. What really drew my attention was the Intelligence Branch which has a number of departments/organizations under it dealing in UFOs and ETs.

The ones that stood out were: NSA, NRO, CIA, FBI (CID), U.S. Navy Office of Naval Intelligence, U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations, NASA Intelligence, and Project Paperclip.

One of the directives/purposes of this Shadow Government is to:

Develop an armed capability to repel any threat to the status quo, (including the uncertain ontological, social, and economic impacts of any revelation of the reality of UFO and extraterrestrial presence) through the development of a Star Wars/BMDO ground and space-based surveillance and SDI weapons network.

Some of the important directives/tasks of these departments/organizations under the Intelligence Branch, related to UFOs/Aliens are:

National Reconnaissance Office(NRO).
Controls and collects information from global spy satellites, monitors UFO traffic entering and leaving Earth's atmosphere, coordinates firing of energy beam weapons from orbiting Star Wars satellites at selected human ground and airborne targets and selectively at extra-terrestrial craft. Loc: Pentagon basement and Dulles Airport area, VA.

National Security Agency
Orchestration of information-control and cover-up activities related to UFO secrecy and surveillance of extra-terrestrial operations.
Loc: Fort Meade, MD.

Central Intelligence Agency
Cooperates with NSA's UFO cover-up operations.
Loc: Langley, VA, and worldwide branches.

Federal Bureau of Investigation, Counter Intelligence Division
Cooperates with the National Reconnaissance Organization in the surveillance of those involved in close encounters with UFOs and extra-terrestrials.

U.S. Navy Office of Naval Intelligence
Has a compartmented unit involved in UFO and USO [Unidentified Submerged Objects] information gathering.

U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations
(AFOSI) has a compartmented unit involved in investigating UFO sightings, extra-terrestrial contact reports, as well as IAC [Identified Alien Craft] surveillance.
Loc: Bolling Air Force Base, MD.

NASA Intelligence
Intelligence on astronaut and reconnaissance satellite encounters with UFOs and ETs, and coordinates the transfer of alien technology to U.S. and allies' aerospace operations.

Would all this have been unknown to Rumsfeld as the secretary of Defense? Either all this is a bunch of nonsense or the powers that be, are clearly hiding the reality of the existence of aliens and UFOs as they fear the consequences of disclosure.

So then, what do we make of his riposte to Allen Hynek when Rumsfeld stood up and pointed a finger at him and said, "You have no ‘need to know’?

Cheers!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.presidentialufo.com...
dbarkertv.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Good thread Mike.

We really cannot be sure if Rumsfeld is in the know or not.

The recently released Alien Interview DVD has an additional interview with "Victor" and he specificly names Rumsfeld as being in on the ET coverup.

The SPECIAL EDITION features a new interview, taped in early June of this year, with the mysterious informant "Victor", who implicates former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld in an extraterrestrial cover-up. According to "Victor", Rumsfeld has been involved in the cover-up since 1973, during the Nixon Administration.

naturalplane.blogspot.com...

Of course there is no proof that the Alien Interview footage is authentic nor that Victor is telling the truth, but there is also no proof to the contrary.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Your threads are always a blast to read.

I would be willing to bet Rumsfeld is in on UFO's, he was NSA after all. Too bad they don't press him on the subject, Rumsfeld is the kind of guy to let something slip. We all remember his little remark about flight 93 being "shot down".

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Good thread Mike, I really enjoyed reading it but I must admit that I found this part somewhat melodramatic/theatrical.

He said that Rumsfeld stood up and pointed a finger at him and said, "You have no ‘need to know’ and then sat down again. That was the end of it.

Also I wouldn't put much stock in Dr Richard Boylan... he's a bit of a nutter, not to mention sexual offender.

Dr. Richard Boylan is a former California psychologist who had his state psychology license revoked back in 1995 over allegations of improper sexual interaction with female patients in his hot tub (hydro 'therapy'?). He still uses the title doctor, even though he is not legally licensed for mental therapy anymore.

Source: psychwatch.blogspot.com...

IRM

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Also I wouldn't put much stock in Dr Richard Boylan... he's a bit of a nutter, not to mention sexual offender.

Dr. Richard Boylan is a former California psychologist who had his state psychology license revoked back in 1995 over allegations of improper sexual interaction with female patients in his hot tub (hydro 'therapy'?).

IRM

Wow! I'm curious what type of interaction he had with female patients in his hot tub??
Sexy guy, eh?

But I wonder if we can hold that against him where his writings about cover-ups are concerned? There could be an element of truth in what he says!

He (Dr Boylan) believes that this (Revoking of his license) occurred because of his public stance to sharing information about UFOs. Although we do not know the circumstances of the trial which resulted in Dr. Boylan losing his license, we have found him to be an honest and forthright purpose in personal communications with others. I felt that Dr. Boylan is very dedicated in helping others to understand this puzzle we call the UFO phenomena (or Coverup, depending on which side of the fence one is on).

Not batting for him but we can give him the benefit of doubt!

Cheers!

[edit on 9-1-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
"The Shadow (govt) knows."

Former President, then CIA Director, G.H.W. Bush essentially told the same thing to then President Jimmy Carter. What more evidence of a "shadow government" do you need. Bill Clinton even said as much.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

REPORTS THAT say something hasn’t happened are interesting to me, because as we know, there are known unknowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don’t know we don’t know.

That quote is priceless.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Nice catch finding Ol' Rummie there. I doubt you would find him dead at one of these things nowdays. Things were a lot different back then, back then they thought these things were the Russians I guess, or really didn't know what to make of it. They treated the subject semi-seriously, serious enough to run bluebook, and send people like Rumsfeld to these sorts of get-togethers. Though he wasn't quite so important guy back in the 60s.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Now these are the types of threads ATS has been lacking lately

Rumsfeld involved in cover up? .. Does it really come as a shock that this guy in particular would be hiding something? .. Not to me anyways.

I found it interesting that one of the alleged branches of the shadow government was NASA intelligence. I can't remember the source but I distinctly remember Bill Clinton confirming the existence of this shadow government when he told that journalist that there is a government within the government of the U.S. and that they don't answer to anyone(even the pres).

IRM.. you're right about the melodramatic nature of "you don't need to know". But even so, what was Rumsfeld doing at a UFO symposium? .. perhaps attempting to determine how much people knew of the subject matter at that time?

Maj

[edit on 9/1/09 by Majorion]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The title of this thread is very misleading. It suggests Rumsfeld was going to a UFO meeting or something. This is not the case.

Originally posted by mikesingh
Allen said that at some point when Rumsfeld was Secretary of Defense, he went to Washington, and he got an appointment with Rumsfeld...

The problem with this story is that it a second-hand story in which one of the principles is deceased and to-the-best-of-my-knowledge, no one has bothered asking the other principle.

If he considered it nonsense or a figment of one’s imagination, then what was he doing at:

The Symposium on Unidentified Flying Objects.
Hearings Before The Committee On Science And Astronautics, U.S. House of Representatives, Ninetieth Congress, Second Session, July 29, 1968.

A very simple explanation -- it was part of his duties as a member of the House, serving on the Committee On Science And Astronautics.

There were also skeptics at the hearing; notice Dr. Sagan was also a speaker. You will also notice, on page 16 and 17, Rumsfeld announces he is leaving the hearing (due to commitments on the floor), but not before questioning how much of a priority this issue really is.

Well, it seems a lot is happening out there with the full knowledge of the likes of Donald Rumsfeld and Co, but who are in denial mode. How long more?

You base this claim on a Congressional hearing from four decades ago that he walked out of and questioned the importance of the subject, as well as a second-hand story. That is very shakey ground, Mike.

I was going through ATS archives and came across this eye-popping article by Dr Richard Boylan, Ph.D. on The Secret Shadow Government in America. What really drew my attention was the Intelligence Branch which has a number of departments/organizations under it dealing in UFOs and ETs.

Remember when we were in school, and the math teacher would tell us to "show our work?" We find the same story here. Boylan has not shown his work. The article you cite is short on hard-facts and heavy with speculation; he just gives a run-down of how he believes these agencies operate in relation to UFOs. He provides nothing to back it up.

And as IRM pointed out, Boylan is not an trustworthy actor. It seems he betrayed the trust of his patients; even if the hot-tub story is not true, he does betray their trust in his portrayal of them ("homely, grossly obese, lesbian, poor or welfare-dependent substance-abusers."). He continues to use the title "Doctor" and attach PhD to his name, even though he his license revoke. He uses it to give himself an aura of authority ("Trust me! I'm a doctor!"), but it is in fact a lie. Given that we know he is a liar, how can we trust anything he says? Should we just ignore the fact he is a liar simply because he is saying something we want to hear?

Here is UFO Watchdog's rundown of Boylan...

Former California psychologist who had his state psychology license revoked over allegations of improper sexual interaction with female patients in his hot tub (hydro 'therapy'?). Claims to have been the confidant of the late 'government MJ-12 insider' Michael Wolf (another proven fraud). Boylan now conveniently claims to have been gifted with a brand new and, no surprise, anonymous 'inside source.' Also rode the American Indian 'Star People' mythos for several years and claims to know of secret government/UFO testing spots in Nevada desert. Has engaged in countless character assassinations against UFO researchers who disagree with him. Is now planning to hold a summer camp for "star kids" - children who are alleged to have been genetically-altered by aliens (aka: money-in-my-pocket). Parents everywhere should beware...

The "Virtual Library" has its own Richard Boylan Hall of Shame Page.

A simple google or yahoo search will reveal other outlandish and inane claims by Boylan.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

He said that they chatted about this and that in Rumsfeld’s office and then he turned to him and said, “Don, I have to ask you something. I have been in this for years looking at the UFO phenomena. I feel like at this point in my life I am in a position of ‘need to know’ what you know or what some agency might know that I don’t know. I have a ‘need to know’ I feel."

I like that quote. I am willing to bet that if most of the researchers knew what there is to know, they would also respond as Rumsfeld did to their colleagues and fellow enthusiasts.

Virtually everyone in here wants to know, but no one in here needs to know.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

In other words, is the truth about aliens and UFOs being hidden from us?

“REPORTS THAT say something hasn’t happened are interesting to me, because as we know, there are known unknowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”

Did Georgey W. come out from under his rock and answer a questions about having KNOWLEDGE about something??
Is it just me or is that the worst statement ever???

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
That quote is priceless.

Yes, the quote is indeed priceless and even won him a Footh in Mouth award, but it has absolutely nothing to do with UFOs. He said it in a February 12 2002 DoD Briefing about WMDs.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by converge]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

i think i am with you, after all isn't that the way that they discredit people who are getting to close to some truths, they make the person an unworthy source so that people will think they are full of poop, i think its all worth considering, probably more so with what has happened to him, might be worth investigating the ins and outs of his convictions to assertain the truth of what he has claimed

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by THELONIO
i think i am with you, after all isn't that the way that they discredit people who are getting to close to some truths...

Do you have any evidence that he his license was revoked because of his beliefs and not because of his behavior towards female patients?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

none at all, thats why i said it might be worth looking into his conviction, if it sounds shakey and full of holes it could suggest that he was getting close to the truth, none of it will be fact though and whatever happened will marr his reputation for life, regardless of his innocence or guilt, thats how tptb play the game

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
ireply to post by SaviorComplex

I could not agree more with your views and the points you make here.

Still, in respect of our deepthroaty Doc, i think that if the guy ever got a PhD, intellectual honesty commands to consider him as a rather credible, if not merely efficient, mind. I mean, producing a doctoral thesis is not something that any revocation of some sort done upon some said moral values might neutralize so easily.

From there, the fact that the guy might be totally lying just in order to make money or some sort of fame is a completely OTHER story...

I'd suggest for those interested in spending time on this case to double-check -as suggested above- the timing of the Revocation and these of the first "disclosures" the man has been spilling out.

*FrenchTouch*

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Another good thread!

I find it strange that when Richard Boylan is quoted, people attack him for his character. Maybe one should read what he says with an open mind and not attack his personal life.

People believe Bill Clinton was the greatest President we have ever had,but it is rarely brought up now that he was and is a sexual predator.

Also,DR.Boylan has a Phd. which is a ACADEMIC degree. He does not need a license to use the title. Neither does DR.Condoleeza Rice.

In other news.

On Sept 10, 2001, Rumsfield had a news conference saying that trillions of dollars from the Department of Defense could not be accounted for. The man responsible for keeping track of the DOD's monies in the previous Clinton administration(and could not)was a man named William Lynn.

Under the Clinton administration, Lynn was Pentagon comptroller from 1997 until 2001 and director of the Defense Department’s powerful Program Analysis and Evaluation (PA&E) directorate from 1993 until 1997. He is Raytheon’s senior vice president for government operations and strategy.

President-select Obama has nominated him for a higher position in the DOD.

President-elect Barack Obama has named several more of his intended appointees for top Pentagon jobs. Pentagon veterans William Lynn and Michèle Flournoy will fill the deputy defense secretary and defense undersecretary for policy posts, the presidential transition office said in a Jan. 8 statement.

Some things NEVER change.
Full story

[edit on 9-1-2009 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I truly believe that disclosure / UFO's are in fact secret military crafts . I believe the UFO card will be played one day as the single largest con job in human history with the intent to manipulate the people into buying whatever the government wants us to .

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Of interest:

web.archive.org...://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/updates/1996/nov/m03-001.shtml

I can't do much with the link. It's there, you just need to do some copy/pasting to get to it.

Try this
web.archive.org...

(Thanks, Ian)

[edit on 1/9/2009 by Phage]

[edit on 1/9/2009 by Phage]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join