It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exopolitics Journal is 'light years' beyond UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The scholarly Exopolitics Journal is emerging as a vital force in expanding our understanding of UFOs and extraterrestrial civilizations. This will help feed a humanity starved of information by fearful government leaders and a complicit media in the UFO truth embargo.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

No the exopolitics crowd is becoming more of a crap mill then your digestive system. So much of what they write is either false, as one of my earliest threads debunked them, OR its extrapolations and things written about PRE concieved notions they have rgarding alien life without any proof that there notions of reality are even correct.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The piece at the Examiner seems to be nothing more than a press-release or long-winded advertisement disguised as actual reporting.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
So much of what they write is either false, as one of my earliest threads debunked them

Naval you seem to have the idea that you have debunked many claims on these boards.

The problem is that debunking is nothing more then proving a theory or proposal to be false.

Debunking is the act of disproving a proposal or hypothesis.

So this requires PROOF, the same proof that you always like to demand from others. The last debunking effort I saw you undertake was suggesting that there could not be structures on the moon because we have (amature) telescopes that would have long since detected them.

Now if that is your definition of debunking then I understand that you think you have debunked many claims on these boards...

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
The piece at the Examiner seems to be nothing more than a press-release or long-winded advertisement disguised as actual reporting.

I agree Savior that judging by the article it would seem that way. I haven't looked into it enough to be sure though. The actual site is blocked at my work (maybe my boss expects me to actually work when I'm at the office
).

Edit: After reading your post again I'm somewhat confused. Do you mean that this is an advertisement from Examiner or from Exopolitics?

[edit on 8/1/09 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fastwalker81
Edit: After reading your post again I'm somewhat confused. Do you mean that this is an advertisement from Examiner or from Exopolitics?

As in an advertisement for, or a press-release from, the Exopolitics journal. That is all the link is, it is trying to sell you the latest issue of the journal.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
As in an advertisement for, or a press-release from, the Exopolitics journal. That is all the link is, it is trying to sell you the latest issue of the journal.

Ok thanks for clearing that up it is the end of the day for me and I apparently experienced some sort of brain malfunction.

The error seems to have gone away now..

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

ummm. I do agree it appears to be more or less a plug for this magazine but it does link to the most current issue that it is referring to for free. How is it trying to sell me the latest issue of the journal when it offers a link to the latest issue of the journal for free?? Or did you just read the first sentence or two to form an opinion. I guess you are saying book reviews and other editorials are just advertisements too? To me it seems like a UFO buff author has a high opinion of this magazine and is trying to get it more widely distributed by informing people of the merits and authors he finds compelling in it.

but hey some people see a UFO and other people claim it was a bird.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Seems rather new agish in a Goodchild sort of way... and sorry... but I can't bring myself to take the stuff seriously.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I do agree it appears to be more or less a plug for this magazine but it does link to the most current issue that it is referring to for free. How is it trying to sell me the latest issue of the journal when it offers a link to the latest issue of the journal for free?

The word "sell" does not always mean an exchange of money for goods or services. I use it here in the more figurative sense.

I guess you are saying book reviews and other editorials are just advertisements too?

Not in the least. No where did I even make that inference. This is obviously neither a review or editorial, because there is no discussion of the journal, the quality, strengths, weaknesses of the articles and so forth. It is just a brief run down of what the articles are about. The article in question is not a review.

but hey some people see a UFO and other people claim it was a bird.

Weneedtoknow, is that you, you cheeky little devil?

[edit on 8-1-2009 by SaviorComplex]

top topics

join