It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paid disinfo agents... we have your proof right here!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

So good, i'll say it again...

"You posted NO. 17 and said J65 was changing the subject.... yet you said "yap yap yap, that's all i ever hear from you"... is that not pot>kettle????"

please answer.

I am not on any "side" but i find your accusations extremely silly...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
Well you may not believe me, but I am in the Air Force, and I have never seen anything like that.....ive been posting here for years.

ahhh with only 1,500 ATS points ?? hmmmm..

OK >> for years. ??

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Geesh! He's been a member since 2006. Obviously he's just not a point wh*re.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by Komodo

Geesh! He's been a member since 2006. Obviously he's just not a point wh*re.

granted, but just the way he put it was as if he's been posting ALOT, in comparison to others that have been post as long as he has.

anyways.....Yea, I don't see any official AF nomenclature on the flow chart.. :=/ Anyone can do the same with PP

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
granted, but just the way he put it was as if he's been posting ALOT, in comparison to others that have been post as long as he has.

anyways.....Yea, I don't see any official AF nomenclature on the flow chart.. :=/ Anyone can do the same with PP

I'm thinking GEL hit the nail on the head when she said it looks like a guide for military members who might be posting or writing blogs.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Sorry but if you want to talk trash about alien wars, concentration camps, fake "shoot to kill" orders, "reptilians" and other libelous garbage, expect the garbageman to come knocking, especially when your "sources" are kooks who clearly missed their meds. Do any of you realize how easily you would be sued if you were posting about private individuals? If you love your Constitutional right to free speech don't trash it, the Internet is not a SciFi-nerd stroke mag.

Another thought: lots of private employers also troll the Net so don't be surprised if you apply for a job and they match your posts to your isp. That tactic was used by a court-appointed arbiter last year to eliminate several hundred employees at my company. I just interviewed with a firm half a continent away and the interviewer not only had found another obscure "blog," he had matched names and descriptions with pseudonyms while checking references and through reader response boards on the company's site. And no, he was not with FEMA or the military! Another one I interviewed with yesterday clearly had read the blog and paraphrased info from it in his questions, very upsetting because a former "friend" who also reads this site passed himself off as me on some sites trying to stir up controversy the way some of you do. Nice!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Exactly what I was thinking. Daddy told me to go in the Air Force long ago, but did I listen? No. Now, I could be sitting on my duff monitoring ATS and getting PAID for it!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

This guide actually gives me comfort in seeing that our Air Force (assuming it is the US Air Force) is actively combats disinformation in the proper way. And notice how "PokeyJoe" in his response basically follows the guidelines properly by first mentioning that he is in the Air Force and then mentioning that they don't engage in that kind disinformation that he knows of. If he was actually a paid responder he likely would have included some additional information, such as links to other officers, and probably would have spent a minute or two more sprucing it up with capitalization and such.

This kind of thing is probably standard for all military organizations. It may seem like they are breaching privacy but in fact these forums are public and they are well within their rights, if not duties to be monitoring them. Most importantly they are instructed to be transparent and mention that they are in fact military workers.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

I think this is a tactic to draw away from the initial post, which is how the airforce (in this case) tell their disinfo agents how to operate on boards such as ATS.

To lump the whole of the military under one banner is wrong. To say "all Americans are evil because of their "elected leaders"" is also wrong. A tactic I quite often see by the disinformationists is to do this. They generalize so the initial post is discredited. I merely posted this as a discussion to the topic of how there are paid disinformationists (in this case one example from the air force). Do the army have these teams? Do the NSA? Do the CIA? Do NASA? --- well if you look at the shady dealings all of these factions have been a part of in the past, I conclude there is no way they would stop ordinary people exposing these crimes.

After all we all want the 'bad guys' exposed yeah? I know I do. As other posters on here have linked to other material of the same, i find it very hard to understand the viciousness of attacking the messenger. Perhaps you'd rather all these conspiracy type discussions not spoken about at all? But then again that's exactly what disinformationists are paid for.

wZn

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
... it looks like its purpose is NOT for disinfo but to help those in the military who may be posting online and how to handle situations: trolling, lies, etc. and how to properly post for example, providing links to anything you claim.

I dont see the disinfo connection. We KNOW people of the military post here. But there is NO proof they are being paid to spread disinfo.

If ATS had a similar flow chart, even if the subject one is fake, we wouldn't have to put up with half the baloney that gets posted as "fact" or "proof" and might have civil and productive discussions and real fact-finding.

I challenge everyone who posts a new thread or response asserting a factual basis for any conclusion to print and follow this document. The OP obviously did not, or he would have offered proper attribution and a deeper consideration of his source before jumping to an unsupported, sensationalist conclusion. What a waste of a thread!

G.E.L., you are correct that nothing in the document supports a claim of "disinformation!" It is benign at best and banal at worst. Star for you.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ServantPublic

That's how I see it. Not to mention the amount of training and time given to these guys, they should be bloody excellent at their jobs. And most are. I know who some are on ATS (as do others). I think these 'people' should be exposed... but then ATS would be a pretty good place to be if they were gone, and if everyone was on the same page, there would be no way these spooks could survive.

wZn

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

...and again another attempt to discredit the information. Will it ever stop?

wZn

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
lol I hope this wasn't meant to be a real flow chart produced by the "AirForce" because if it was it's a blatant fake lol.

It has a gmail email address aso it was created by some joe blow and dispersed if it was real military it would have an af.gov email address lol

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

So when a whistle blower or insider brings out information at their peril... you'd only accept it if it had a military ISP? Im sorry but to me this kind of thinking is unbelievable.

wZn

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Actually I will also add the link to the original article that was distributed via infowars.com.

blog.wired.com...

and the infowars article:

www.infowars.com...

please read both before jumping on the messenger...

wZn

[edit on 7-1-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Here is an official AF website:
www.af.mil...
and here is what is posted about the topic:

Airmen share information via new blog

9/12/2008 - WASHINGTON (AFPN) -- In an effort to open up online conversations with Airmen, families and the public, officials in the Secretary of the Air Force's Office of Public Affairs are launching a new blog called Air Force Live Sept. 14.

"Air Force Live allows us to reach a vast online community who may not necessarily know where to find Air Force information," said Capt. David Faggard, chief of Air Force new and emerging media. "Although in its infancy, we're building up to provide more information faster."

Air Force Live is an official presence in the blogosphere which will offer perspectives and news products different that those currently offered on the Air Force's public Web site. However, due to local firewall restrictions, some Airmen may not be able to access the blog from on base.

"We intend to empower every Airman to share his or her stories and experiences, while remaining smart and not endangering the mission or fellow warfighters," Capt. Faggard said. "Education is critical."

Additional phases include educating Airmen worldwide on the capabilities of Web 2.0 applications, empowering them to share their experiences online, while also providing support to warfighters. Maintaining vigilance, while adhering to rigorous operational and communication security online, is critical to communicating online, according to Capt. Faggard.

Other new and emerging media programs include an Air Force blog contest planned for Spring 2009 called, "For Airmen, by Airmen," where Air Force officials will solicit Airmen from different career fields and ranks to blog about their experiences in the Air Force, Capt. Faggard said.

Other ventures include a re-design of the public Web presence that incorporates new and evolving technologies, blogger engagement, an Air Force presence on YouTube which will allow Airmen to submit videos online at www.youtube.com/afbluetube.

Airmen have the ability to "share" information on Air Force Link, allowing worldwide users to share Air Force content with hundreds of social networking Web sites via a few simple clicks.

"New communication techniques are geared to communicating in the 21st century and beyond," said Capt. Faggard. "We're only scratching the surface, but Airmen should expect much, much more in the future."

The blog is located at www.airforcelive.blogspot.com.

Although the article doesn't reference the flowchart in question, it does talk about Capt. Faggard and his position as head of the Emerging Technologies Division.
As to the flowchart, there is nothing in the flowchart that indicates anything other than common sense, and the obvious intent of the flowchart is to aid AF personnel in making sure that information posted on sites is CORRECT, not incorrect.
At the bottom of the external link is the url for the airforce blog, if anyone is interested.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

So when a whistle blower or insider brings out information at their peril... you'd only accept it if it had a military ISP? Im sorry but to me this kind of thinking is unbelievable.

wZn

It's meant for military to use then they need a military contact as they would not be able to confirm the source was a legitimate source for dispearsing the information.

The phone number is some dudes cell phone number in Virgina (Washington region 8) not sure if just a random number placed on there but it's not a DSN line or lan line so again can not confirm it was military there for the information disseminated would then be considered a hoax and stuffed in the shredder by any military personnel who received it.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I see your slant is that of a harmless educational manner, and I too could see it that way... however ... the one that gets me is the little green box on the top right "Monitor Only... Notify HQ" , so I guess my angle is a big brother type scenario.

Why monitor a blog that speaks against say carpet bombing of peasants in Vietnam for example? Or Iraq? Or Gaza? That's my angle. Why monitor anything that exposes these acts? what do they have to learn or fear from these blogs?

wZn

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Here is another url that discusses the flowchart:

mediamemo.allthingsd.com...

by Peter Kafka
All posts tagged ‘David Faggard’ Wednesday, December 31, 2008 How to Comment on a Blog: The Air Force’s Flowchart I know there are lots of people out there who are employed as “social media” experts or consultants or professionals. (A lot of them, oddly, seem to follow me on Twitter.) But until today, I’ve been unclear about what they actually do. Now I think I get it: They help people at big, hidebound organizations wrap their heads around the Web. Depending on your perspective, this is either a ridiculous boondoggle of a profession or a worthwhile pursuit, given the right parameters. Here’s a good ink blot test–what do you think of this chart (click twice to enlarge), designed by Capt. David Faggard, Chief of Emerging Technology at the Air Force Public Affairs Agency? My gut reaction was to assume this was a parody. And the next was to deride it as some sort of post-Yossarian artifact that ought to be a parody. Then I read it. It’s actually quite reasonable. I operate in a hothouse world of bloggers who tend to type first and think later. And none of that tends to matter much, because, well it’s just bloggers typing. But for people with real jobs–and real bosses, some of whom may handle weapons–weighing in on the Web isn’t a natural act. And so a guide like this may not be the worst thing. Perhaps some people I know ought to read it, too.

The same flowchart is embedded in the article.

Peter Kafka has been covering media and technology since 1997, when he joined the staff of Forbes magazine. Most recently, he has been the managing editor of the tech and media Web site, Silicon Alley Insider.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Hey come on now. You do know about PSYOPS , black ops, "mind wars" and the like? This site exposes a hell of a lot of that stuff. Why would any secret organization divulge any of there ideas and plans to the public? Have they ever?

I think this is a very basic form of mind control at the least, and on another level I see it as a way to police free thinking blogs, especially any that oppose the agency/ies in question. Moral must be kept high, for if the people inside these organizations knew real public sentiment, well they probably wouldn't be there to implement such 'flow charts'.

I guess you can now call me paranoid (even though I don't believe I am). I am simply exposing as much as "I" see that doesn't seem right for a free society, that prides itself on a free way of thinking and living (and i'm not saying you or anyone else here is against this free way of thinking).

wZn

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join