It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Bible and Qur'an suppose to coexist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hey all ATS!

Im a new member to the website so this is my first thread. I havent seen any threads about whether or not the Bible and Qur'an coincide with each other. I would like to note that my intention for this thread is pure scripture out of each book. Please try to set your own religion and beliefs aside when replying to posts. Also, be sure to quote the specific book, chapter, and line to back up your statements.

Here is two statements that piqued my interest and thus starting this thread:

KJV Bible -Ezekiel 17:2 Son of man, put forth a riddle, and speak a parable unto the house of Israel;
Ezekiel 17:3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; A great eagle with great wings, longwinged, full of feathers, which had divers colours, came unto Lebanon, and took the highest branch of the cedar

Qur'an (9:11 ) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

I find it kind of ironic how the U.S. is associated with the eagle.
Just curious as to what someone else can come up with.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by ps1klon3]

[edit on 6-1-2009 by ps1klon3]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
if its gonna happen its gonna happen. But Peace aint gonna happen soon until they really want it.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ps1klon3

Quran 9:11 does not say that, but the funny thing is that the real verse answers your question.

Here is the real verse:

Surah 9:11 - But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor due, then are they your brethren in religion. We detail Our revelations for a people who have knowledge.

"They" meaning Christians and Jews. The last line "We detail Our revelations for a people who have knowledge," means detailing the Torah (OT), Bible, and Quran.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS hope you enjoy it!

The Bible and the Koran are two different books and are not meant to coincide nor do they. The Koran is almost the exact opposite of the of the Bible and the best verse in the Koran/Hadith to tell you how good Muslims feel about Christians and Jews is the when to Kill them Order. They are told to kill the Saturday People (Jews) on Saturday and the Sunday People (Christians) on Sunday. So while the Koran does distinguish us from the Pagan groups and call us people of the book they have a death day for us as well as anyone else...

Hope this helps ya!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The Bible and Q'uran are two different books, but they happen to very much coincide. You can find Adam, Eve, Moses and others all in the Q'uran and Bible. I have not studied them extensively but I have noted the similarities in the past. I believe that Allah and God are one and the same.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Muslims believe the bible was a corrupted version of the word of God (i.e. different writers messed up the message).

They believe God chose Mohammed as his LAST prophet (after Jesus, Moses, etc...). God had the ArchAngle Gabriel appear to Mohammed and dictated the message to Mohammed with the intent being it is the final word of God.

The Quran is supposed to be the TRUE version of the stories in the Bible. The stories are about the same but with some significant differences (i.e. the Bible blames Eve for the fall of man, the Quran says both were deceived, and does not place the major blame on the woman).

And I don't think it is all that amazing that the U.S. chose the Eagle as its national bird. Have you ever seen one fly? They are incredibly impressive.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
ive read most of the koran about a year ago.
i was raised a christian so im fully aware of what the bible says.

from what i rember the koran starts off saying that the christians had been decieved because there scriptures were altered. that is why it is a big thing in the muslim schools for the children to memorize the entire koran, so no one can alter it.

when i was in egypt my muslim freind told me that my scriptures had been altered and i thought she was crazy spewing propaganda. then when i got home i did some research and found out she was right!

so ive had enough of religion now. i think ill just do what is right and love everyone.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

oh good post looks like you beat me to it.

also to everone talking about the eagle.
the eagle is the ancient roman astrological sign for scorpio. it had 3 versions showing diffrent atributes of the sign.

one was the scorpion showing the negative aspects.
one was the eagle showing the noble aspects
one was the phoenix showing the divine aspects.

i think some of the founding fathers wanted a phoenix on our nations seal instead of an eagle.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

"But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor due, then are they your brethren in religion..."
If "They" means Chritians and Jews, and Christians and Jews repent, worship, and pay the poor due, then why does it seem like Muslims (im speaking strictly of the extremists) want to eradicate the Chritians and Jews? And if we are seen as their "brethren in religion" why do they insist (again, the extremists) on killing others? Just to point out, ive never heard of a Christian suicide bomber.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

You say that the Qur'an is "almost the exact opposite" of the Bible. Would that happen to mean one is good and one is bad? Or does it simply refer to the teachings in the books?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by secretstash

Can you prove, or show evidence of God and Allah being one and the same outside of Allah mean The God or The One God, however it translates?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Hey dood, let's stick the uncle monkey up to the books? Yes let's say you books are a complete vanity? What would happen to those books if every (and I mean every) human being looked up to the sky, held out their arms (pointing skywards) and said "We love you, we are are your friend, we come in peace, we love you, come on down."

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Im not sure what kind of point your trying to prove. If there is a legitimate meaning behind your post, please elaborate, otherwise try and stick to the topic of discussion. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I strongly believe that those books should be read only as history-books.

Events take place with lots of witnesses, all taking their own way into the world sharing their view. The story evolves, starts to live its own life, gets altered by people desperatly wanting to add moral and laws.
Stories start to collide when they finally meet troughout the world, and then add some more lines on how to deal with those who believe the other versions.

Now we have to deal with people who believe in a fanatic way, we have people that read between lines looking for more truth, and all that remains is indeed some parallels that survived time and interpretation of many generations and many cultures.

Some unique finds of very old scripts only confirm that holy books as we know them today, are merely altered/mistranslated/adapted/cleaned copies of whatever actually was the true story.

Happens still every day, events take place, stories are told, rumours arise and end up in all kinds of crazy gossip.

I considder the holy books as good fiction, a source of inspiration, but not as 'the true story'.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I have no 'proof' of anything. That is why I said 'I believe'. It is strictly my own opinion. Now if you have definitive proof that they are not the same, I am willing to listen.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Emipie

I agree with you that yes, there are things lost in translation and throughout time the "original" text has been changed. I do question, however, why you say they are "fictional" when the New Testament of the Bible alone has almost 25,000 different manuscripts. Each one of those original manuscripts differ slightly because of grammatical errors and cultural differences.

www.allaboutthejourney.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by secretstash

I will refer you to this website:
www.answering-islam.org...
Under the "Author Of Evil" section it states the main difference between God and Allah. I am casting aside my own beliefs and not saying anything anyone finds on the internet is the "absolute truth." So please dont be offended!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Point taken, i admit fiction was not the correct choice of words.
My meaning was to refer to them as a good read, not to be taken word by word.
A history-book, without 'higher purpose'.

A bad choice of words with no bad intentions involved, my apologies for that.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I think that the author of that page may have slanted a few things to favor his opinion. I did a few comparisons and I think here is where we also get into the problem with perfect translations. If you refer to the site below you will find that scheme is translated as planned. I was an Arabic linguist while in the Air Force and am familiar with the Arabic language. Just like in English, sometimes words can have multiple translations despite what the author says.

etext.virginia.edu...

I don't think that some people are willing to admit there is a chance that they could be the same. Every religion likes to believe that theirs is the only correct religion. I am a Christian, but I also happen to believe that there are more pieces to the puzzle.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emipie

Point taken, i admit fiction was not the correct choice of words.
My meaning was to refer to them as a good read, not to be taken word by word.
A history-book, without 'higher purpose'.

A bad choice of words with no bad intentions involved, my apologies for that.

Apologie accepted. I dont think a lot of people realize how many manuscripts were actually written.

Originally posted by secretstash

I think that the author of that page may have slanted a few things to favor his opinion. I did a few comparisons and I think here is where we also get into the problem with perfect translations. If you refer to the site below you will find that scheme is translated as planned. I was an Arabic linguist while in the Air Force and am familiar with the Arabic language. Just like in English, sometimes words can have multiple translations despite what the author says.

etext.virginia.edu...

I don't think that some people are willing to admit there is a chance that they could be the same. Every religion likes to believe that theirs is the only correct religion. I am a Christian, but I also happen to believe that there are more pieces to the puzzle.

Ah glad you mentioned the meanings of words. I failed to take into account all the translations involved especially when the base-languages are taken into account (i.e. English base language being Latin, Arabic base language being Semitic

top topics

<<   2 >>

join