It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to the 2012'ers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Once again how do you know nothing will happen in the year 2012? I will state this to you as well, are you god? Regardless of the fact, there are many theories regarding any aspect of a human’s life. There is much that we do not know and to state something as bold as this is stating you know the answer.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Can you re-phrase your question? I don't understand what you are asking. What do you mean "How the heck did they know this? I have a hard time with the moon thing and milky way" From what I understand, your stating the Mayan civilization were sky worshipers. This is partially true, also your asking how did they know this but you’re not referencing this to anything.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Maban

First of all, define your definition of other-worldly means. Also, your statement regarding things will happen, because people deem them to happen is just preposterous. How can you go from expressing your logic regarding the “the galactic plane”, to such an absurd theory yourself. I missed part of the conversation regarding the alignment of planets. But, I agree with your statement that CME’s (In our galaxy) do not reflect or confine energetic releases at us. What this statement is being implied too is beyond me. Lastly, I will make a note that you stated, “Unless people intend to rewrite the laws of psychics” let me remind you it has already happened and will probably be re-written multiple times over.

I will say this to you, like I say to most people. Who are you to say something as bold as crossing the galactic disc will bare no effect on our solar system? Ever heard of the Shiva Hypothesis? Can you prove it wrong? You can debate the possibilities of it being unlikely, but once again can you prove it wrong? It is suggested, that the earth crossed the galactic plane within the past 3 million years depending on which model or measurements are used. So how does the year 2012 come into the equation? Most establish this date comes from a theory that the Mayans calendar was due for renewal in 2012. Where they got this information is all based upon non-facts and already disproven theories. Pretty much, as you stated, people molded this data to fit the theory. There are some like Rampino who makes notes that the last crossing of the galactic plane occurred a few million years ago and it has been suggested that this led to a disturbance of comets in the Oort Cloud, some of which could now be approaching the inner solar system. (Once again this is based upon a presumption. A theory with-in a theory)

Theory by Rampino: “The mass extinction record shows evidence for a periodic component of about 26 to 30 Myr, and an ~30 Myr periodic component has been detected in impact craters by some workers, with recent pulses of impacts in the last 2-3 million years, and at ~35, 65, and 95 million years ago. A cyclical astronomical pacemaker for such pulses of impacts may involve the motions of the Earth through the Milky Way Galaxy. As the Solar System revolves around the galactic center, it also oscillates up and down through the plane of the disk-shaped galaxy with a half-cycle ~30 3 Myr. This cycle should lead to quasi-periodic encounters with interstellar clouds, and periodic rotations in the galactic tidal force with maxima at times of plane crossing. This "galactic carousel" effect may provide a viable perturbed of the Oort Cloud comets, producing showers of comets in the inner Solar System. These impact pulses, along with stochastic impactors, may represent the major punctuations in earth history.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is simple one of the many theories that were merged and created to form the 2012 theory. All of it based around theories with no evidence supporting any of it. A WRITER named JMJ was one of the original authors of 2012 who formed all of this. I could start going into a lot more regarding how 2012 was formed and created, but that isn’t my point. All of these were independent theories that somehow got mixed up with the whole 2012 Mayan calendar date. The truth is one of the theories could be correct, will it happen on that exact date? Most unlikely, but there is a possibility for anything. Do we have any accurate information to base it off of? The oldest civilization to record is the Mesopotamian writing system was derived from this method of keeping accounts, and were gone by the 4th millennium. So in truth we have NOTHING to base our planet off of regarding accurate historic documents. All we can do is go to Geologist’s and measure things like when a crater was formed. Current civilizations past and present, in truth have been well on this planet for thousands of years. This is but a small fraction of the Earth’s actual existence. Many forces are at work, which we do not know about. Lastly, we already know we will get hit by an asteroid or comet again. It’s not a matter of if or why, but when.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnathanrs

How did they know how to make calander this precice. How did they know we were crossing over to other side of MilkyWay.
And I ran program the astrological signs will all be different after 2012.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well the Mesoamerican calanders were accurate for thousands of years. I would trust their calander and ancient texts more than I would trust any modern assumption of interpretation.

They were around far longer than modern man, so I put far more credibility in their accounts of time.

As to how they were so darned accurate, perhaps it was the hundreds of years of observing the movements of the planets and stars..learning from scratch till they got it right. Ancients were able to learn too you know. After all, they built great pyramids we cant even come close to duplicating today.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well at least we have their calendar.
Will this be the last chance for Mayan calendar talk, or will it
continue past 2012.
Conspiracy talk forever.

The Mayas and Egyptians never disclosed the technology to
build their pyramids.
We could use it now.
Rubbing two sticks together or wool for static electricity.
What else could be more powerful.

One thing the Mayans didn't know, the Spanish were coming
to take away their civilization. Abduction of the 3rd kind.
Well the gold mines needed miners.

Gold always helps to wipe out the holder at some time.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
In all honesty I could care less about the predictions that are speculation and can't be really proven or not, i.e. galactic equator, nibiru. I do believe however in wisdom that Western Society completely ignores. A tradition of shamanism and mysticism which is practiced in almost every non westernized culture.

We all know that there is a time of a great change for mankind. The point where we will have to make a decision to either change our ways, or suffer our end. Not by a comet, but by our own hand. Maybe it is not for another thousand years, maybe it is not for a hundred. But our ignorant and violent and disrespectful ways are becoming more and more dangerous as our technology and reach increase. Soon there will be a point. The wisdom of the mystics saw a time like this and recorded. Who knows if the date was translated correctly, but historians seem to agree that the baktun ends 2012 or 2011. Maybe it will be a climax of sorts, with nuclear or environmental or political or emotional or personal state of the world and it's people being the catalyst. Maybe that time will not come for a while. But we've come to a time where our world is failing because of the stupid ways in which we run it. The time for a dire change is coming soon enough, give or take a century it doesnt matter - it's in our or our children's generation.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Having an accurate calendar doesnt mean their dire predictions about the earth were any more so.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Good point about observing the stars and the environment for thousands of years, we don't do that now, we're told whats up there, and if we want to look at the stars we can't ( not directly as theres too much light pollution or smog in the atmosphere) , and if we wanted to look up , thats what we do, but we 'look it up on google' and see pictures.
Mankind stopped learning centuries ago when it thought it was at the pinnacle of civilisation. Sure technology increases but man's wisdom has declined.
I had a thought a few days ago, and mankind never looks up anymore, we're all too busy watching TV or too busy looking down at the floor ( after all when theres nothing to aspire to , whats the point of looking forward?)

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I just found this as i woke up on a news website frontpage.....

www.foxnews.com...

this is creepy...

btw if that were to happen would this cause instant mass death?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
One thing that I have seen no one address is that if nothing is going to happen, or nothing is happening. Why is our solr system heating up why are the planets changing, clouls where there were no clouds before, the color of planets changing?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The only thing that scares me about 2012 is the ammount of people crossing their fingers hoping that the world will end so they can hop on ATS and tell everyone I WAS RIGHT!! 2012 will only be the end for 2012 threads

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungStalin
The only thing that scares me about 2012 is the ammount of people crossing their fingers hoping that the world will end so they can hop on ATS and tell everyone I WAS RIGHT!! 2012 will only be the end for 2012 threads

I think a lot of people are hoping for "great" things to happen in 2012. Change etc.

If anything does happen that's what I would want haha, who wants to die?

By the way just imagine how busy this forum will be close to the time, it will be insane! lol

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
If anything does happen it most likely will be related to astronomy. Because of the fact that it is very accurate in that area, I would assume that the end of the calendar is related to it aswell.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
before 2012,

we should make a thread

and if you are a 2012 person

you put your username on it and sign a thread, stating you believe in that garbage

and once nothing happens

your name will forever be tarnished as a joke

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I just found this as i woke up on a news website frontpage.....

www.foxnews.com...

this is creepy...

btw if that were to happen would this cause instant mass death?

Oh man how ironic would that be, a unpredictable, predicted solar flare(s) in 2012 like that. One question would a car still run this day in age if that happened? There's your bailout bill GM.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
before 2012,

we should make a thread

and if you are a 2012 person

you put your username on it and sign a thread, stating you believe in that garbage

and once nothing happens

your name will forever be tarnished as a joke

Yes, and the same goes for those who don`t believe something will happen. May as well be fair about it, right?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well it is sure great to see such a high profile alternative thought community as ATS delve into the whole Maya Calendar and year 2012 subject. With so many great minds regarding the topic I am sure some interesting new pieces of data will surface.

That said it does seem that minds well versed in conspiracy lore are not so well versed in accurate 2012 information. I do not mean to sound unkind but having sat and read through every single post in this thread I found myself wanting to sigh loudly. Even worse I can't even say that my fellow 2012 enthusioasts were any better informed than their opposition.

Then I remembered that we are all on a learning curve. I was not born knowing incredible amounts about the supernatural or 2012 data. To be able to hold sensible conversations with the greatest minds in those fields took some 15 years of manic study and metaphysical practice. Of course most important was having contacts more knowledgeable than myself willing to share with an interested novice.

Well if anyone is interested I would like to try and step into their shoes and share what little my cup holds.

First off let me introduce myself. My name is Bruce and I run the UK's most popular 2012 Blog and am fortunate to be in contact with numerous 'experts' on that subject as well as on many other interesting matters.

I believe ATS has members extremely well informed, particularly on conspiracy material. That said thus far it seems that few of the 2012 main players are here to bring their years of research to bear. For the moment I will try to plug the breach with my own learnings.

Let me start by tackling the issue of the galactic alignment.

Bruce @ 2012rising.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
I can't wait until 2012 to prove all those who believed were wrong. They'll just say its 2020 and then when 2020 comes and goes it’ll be 2050 or something

I hope you're right, because that means nothing will happen and we can all be happy. But let's face it. Something is bound to happen whether we like it or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join