It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to the 2012'ers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

I think you need to look up how this date was decided and maybe just maybe you wil change your words. Because comparison of the Mayan and Gregorian is how this date has come up. However when the two calenders were compared to try and use the mayan calander to predict future events many grave errors were made and the grgorian calender is to keep the illusion of reality going. Human beings as a race have no idea what time is.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Nothing will happen on 2012. When nothing happpens all the 2012ers will agree that there was a mistake and it was really -insert later date here-. Everyone remembers the crazy predictions for 2000 you know world will end jesus will return and computers will stop working. But if anything happens on 2012 ie earthquake,flood, war it will be seen as a "sign of the end". Think about it if you really thought the world would be ending in 3 years or if a doctor told you you only had 3 years left to live would you continue to work and go to school or try to enjoy the time you had left? Would you make long posts about how the world is ending in 2012 on ATS?
Im interested on what will happen on 2012 on ATS an entire portion of it will be empty and i wonder what all these people with all their 2012 avatars will do if nothing happens.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Apocalypse='end of the age'
en.wikipedia.org...

We are currently in the age of Pisces, hence all the fish references in things like the bible.
en.wikipedia.org...

We are going into Aquarius starting Dec. 22, 2012, supposedly. Ever heard the song Age of Aquarius from the musical Hair? The song itself says the planets will align.
www.youtube.com...

NOT end of the world, although it might be pretty rough.

If we collectively think we are going to be wiped out, then we are not helping the situation.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Naval thank you for ripping the 2012ers a new one.

that RFBurns guy, ignorant!

i dont care if i count my time with peas or with animals, if you say something is gunna happen on the year of the giant leapfrog and it already happened fourteen rotations around the sun before that on the year of the tiny leapfrog and its not supposed to happen again for say, like 26000 more rotations - well id say its safe to say youve miscalculated something. regardless of what calender or timekeeping device you use.

wake up burns! the only thing 2012 will be is the year that the gregorian calender turns 431...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns
Sorry for NavelFC but I have to agree with RFBurns. The Mayans did have their own calander.

I have some information from wikipedia about the Mayan calender
"The Maya calendar is a system of distinct calendars and almanacs used by the Maya civilization of pre-Columbian Mesoamerica, and by some modern Maya communities in highland Guatemala." This means that the Mayans had their own calender.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

you know we could just skip 2012 and go right to 2013, ya know then we wont have to worry about anything. i know, i shock myself too!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Navalfc went to site Redupo link and they seem to think something will happen not that I believe all.
I used one of programs you gave me, still looking, but went to like 2023 could not find scorp where thought should be. This is why Mayan calander ends it will no longer work?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
How about the Mayan calander ran out because there were no myans left to write it. Think about it no matter how far ahead they made a calander it would run out at some point. Mayber it like the odometer on your car once it reaches 99999999 the car does not blow up all the 9s become aligned then it starts over

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is like Y2K right?
Sounds like it.
Yeah, tell it to the Zuners.
The Mayan calender calender continues, only the Spanish have it.
It went back in a Spanish galleon and I would imagine is being sought
by many agents.

ED: 3 or 4 more years and this will be over. TYJ

[edit on 1/8/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Pretty much. 2012 will just be the end for 2012 threads, books, and believers. But it is okay they will somehow decipher a later date out some code hidden in the bible or nostradamus. here is a code for ya 2009 and 3 if you add those you get 2012 wich is when i predict the NEW date for the end of the world will revealed to us through the most unconventional means.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I read that 2012 is the year our parent galaxy, the sagittarius dwarf galaxy joins with the milky way. Has anyone read about this also?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yeah but i have also read that shape shifting reptilians live in caves and secretly rule the world with the Illuminati or NWO whatever they are this week. Every once in a while one will come out from his cave and post on ATS. The planet comming back is the 12th planet theory an interesting thing to read but like all the 2012 theories it had no proof behind it to back it up.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungStalin

They did not need to make a new calander till pasing over rife in 2012, thier calander was a gear turn gear. You could make gear for our calander very easy. And you can buy permant calander because it repeats itself on I think twenty years can't remember.
Also there is math formula that can be remembered, that if given any date, relative , I can tell you if it was Monday Tuesday, ect. in matter of seconds like those savants.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I read that 2012 is the year our parent galaxy, the sagittarius dwarf galaxy joins with the milky way. Has anyone read about this also?

It smashed into it along time ago.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

reply to post by NavalFC

you know we could just skip 2012 and go right to 2013, ya know then we wont have to worry about anything. i know, i shock myself too!

You know in those high rise buildings the 13th floor is missing. I think they get messed up, and no one wants to work on 13th so they just skip and go to 14th.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
2012 would have been very important to the Mayans, because all of the celestial body will change the sky will be differnt from what has been for 26,000 years. This would have been very important to a people of sky worshippers like Mayan. Only thing is how the heck did they know this, I have hard time with the moon thing, and Milky Way candy bars I get that.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I have no doubt that bad things will happen in 2012, but it will happen regardless of supernatural or "other-worldly" means. These events will occur because people deem them to happen. The devout and easily deceived will undoubtedly decree that the world will end. However, tribulations in our world will occur because these people will cause them to occur, because they deem that they must.

I must say that I am dumbstruck how so many can "assume," an alignment with either the planets or galactic nucleus will "destroy us all." It is simply preposterous. I have heard plenty of unusual and unconventional theories, but this ranks well up there besides air is bad for you. Unless these people intend to rewrite the laws of physics, or create bubble universes of their own where certain laws of physics do not apply, no such thing will occur. Certainly our sun may or may not produce more CME's, however planets to not "confine," nor "reflect" such energetic releases "back at us." Certainly if we got hit by one with a high "X" rating, it woudl definitely cause problems, however these could happen at any time, and several already have.

Conversely, crossing the center of the galactic disk will bare no effect on our solar system (sol). Looking at Einstein's space-time model we see that as you move out from any given gravitational source, gravity exponentially decreases. This is why spacecraft can orbit relatively closely to earth rather then having to leave the solar system to do so. Gravity is in all actuality a very weak force. Bare in mind that gravity is also directional when associated with an object at distance. This "transition" would be unable to alter the sun's gravameteric-fusion balance, nor the molten mantle and/or core of earth. Simply put, the gravitational effect from Sagittarius A (Milky Way AGN) just barely possess enough gravity to keep us from flying off into deep space.

The theories describing a "bolt" of energy emanating from our Galaxy's AGN is ridiculous. If we were a satellite system well above the galactic plane (virtually perpendicular) we might then have to worry about galactic "jets" of X-Ray or Gamma radiation because of the AGN's field lines propelling quasar material into deep space (galaxy's version of a Gamma Ray Burst although still quite different). Astrophysicaly speaking many of the 2012 astrometry theories have "molded" the data to fit the theory, rather then the theory molded to the data. If anything is going to occur in 2012, is will be human caused, not supernatural in nature.

- Maban

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maban

Unless these people intend to rewrite the laws of physics, or create bubble universes of their own where certain laws of physics do not apply, no such thing will occur.

Thank you Maban. People need to realize how their thinking can influence reality. 2012 could be a very good thing for many if they stop thinking negatively and shift their thinking toward the positive.

It would take some serious manipulations of physics to send the world into a negative cycle. 2012 is not the end of the world but perhaps the birth of a new one.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Part of Sag DEG has already merged with the Milky Way.

Based on its current trajectory, the Sag DEG main cluster is poised to pass through the galactic disc of the Milky Way within the next hundred million years, while the extended looped shaped ellipse is actually even now extended around and through our local space and on through the Milky Way galactic disc in process of slowly being absorbed into the larger galaxy, calculated at 10,000 times the mass of Sag DEG.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 1/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungStalin

YoungStalin: Who are you to state something as bold as nothing will happen on 2012? Are you god in disguise? Why would you make an accusation so bold and deliberately state something that you yourself couldn’t know? Unless your stating you have psychic powers and can see into the future? Obviously, I will presume that your post was in reference towards your beliefs regarding the year 2012 and you were making an irrational statement towards your rational way of thinking? Let me remind you by making a prediction yourself that nothing will happen in 2012; you become no different from anyone stating something will happen in 2012. Here is some wisdom I will give to you.

Person A told Person B the end of the world is tomorrow. Person B told Person A he is wrong. Person A told Person B he is right. Person B states that if he is wrong he will end his life. But, if he is right he gets all of Person A’s money. What did this prove? Why would Person B make such a statement? In reality he has nothing to lose if he is wrong. If he is wrong it’s the end of the world he dies. If he is right then he get’s all of Person’s A money. So what does Person A have to gain out of this? That is exactly the point of this. Nothing, there is nothing to gain out of a scenario like this. Just like making an accusation regarding the end of the world. So in truth regarding this logic, there has to be some basis for Person A who has nothing to gain to make such an accusation. Just like people who make a prediction regarding a topic under this situation. They have nothing to gain so at least hear them out. Then after hearing all facts use your judgment to accurately find your own conclusion. There is a story you should read about, it is called the boy who cried wolf. Just remember the boy was telling the truth in the end.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join