It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to the 2012'ers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
One thing I constantly hear about 2012 is there is going to be a galactic alignment with the center of the milkyway. Not so. the last time this happened was in 1998 (the world didnt end).

To read about this, and other NON events predicted during 2012,
check this out:
www.astunit.com...

However if you are a 2012'er of a different variety (IE: you dont necessarily subscribe to the whole glactic alignment thing) then this particular article doesnt apply to you, though your armageddons style predictions are still all the fallacious.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I will tell you the same thing I told another in the Yellowstone thread.

Listen up.

The Mayan's did not go by the Gregorian calander, which if you did the proper research, you will find that the Gregorian calander is not even close to being accurate to the Mayan calander, and that is why your 1998 alignment did not occur in 1998.

The Mayan's had their own calander, which was so precise, right down to a 10th of a second, beings its based on multiples of 10, that it is still the most precise calander to exsist. Never has the Mayan calander been required to have a leap year, or add or take away days out of a month, nor had it ever needed to be altered to make certian days fall in a certian season.

No Im not going to go chase after your homework for you, you can find all of that on your own...that is if you intend to find the facts and not just babble us with more BS.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Nicely said! I have had to present this exact point to many people: The Mayan Calendar is NOT relative to the Gregorian Calendar.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Since this week is Armageddon week on the History Channel, i've been hearing all this stuff about the end of the world and all that #, one of the shows mentioned the Mayan Calender ends on December 21, 2012.... What will happen if that ends?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Thank you.

I always am amazed at why some would want to compare the Mayan calander vs the Gregorian calander and just walk away not even realizing that the Mayan, Aztec, or Masoamerican calanders were in use for centuries before the Gregorian calander was even in exsistance.

Its quite funny that some would say that ancient humans were smart enough and talented enough to make the pyramids of Giza and the Aztec pyramids, but yet do not hold to them the same level of experience and ability to be able to keep track of time. Isnt that a bit rediculous!!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 6-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The question I would ask is, if the Mayan are wrong about alignment, then why is the entire solar system heating up, and the changes that are occuring, in entire solar system.
And we have only had a calander for about 1500 years, and like was aready said it was wrong.
I also think you needed a better link than what was provived, was kind of crude.
Around 2012 is going to be peak solar flare season , with the two largest planets opposing each other on opposite sides of sun. This is one of worst case for solar flare season. Why are all the scientist worried about what might happen with all this electroic things, when we get a massive solar flare. And how much gravity is to much, do you need just a little or a lot, to push thing over edge? You could get a delineator program and see where all the planets will be on 12/21/2012. And I can't remember off hand if it is 300,000 year for sun to go around milky way or more, but we are in out perimeter, are not bobbing up and down every hundred or so years. I think what is it 26,000 year cycle.
Gravity is playing a constant role in effects on earth, the moon pulls the oceans around the earth as it also pulls the molten mass beneath the earth crust.
Don't worry though just be prepared, like I'm praticing hatha yoga, so I will be able to bend over and kiss my rear goodbye.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Who ever said that 2012 was the end of the world?

Thats what I would like to know.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I don't think it is end my self but, it always pays to be prepared, really I heard it would be beginning of new era, better. Maybe some hard times before this happens, the way things are headed now with who is running things this joke 2009 and these #$%$#%%% have gotten things this messed up.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I can't wait until 2012 to prove all those who believed were wrong. They'll just say its 2020 and then when 2020 comes and goes it’ll be 2050 or something

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
2012 - Alien invasion = we're doomed
2012 - Yellowstone eruption = we're doomed
2012 - galactic alignment = we're doomed

Oh hang on a sec didn't we say all this back in 1999?
2000 = we're doomed

Scuse me while I run around in circle waving my hands in the air shouting , " God help us , we're DOOOOMED"..

Hang on a second before I run out of breath, we always have something on the doom and gloom horizon, either its war, climate change, a president falling over his chair and his finger hitting the big red nuke button..

It doesn't matter if we have a paradigm shift ( whatever that is) , a revolution against the tyrannical governments or NWO that are running our lives, the world will still turn ( unless a huge comet SMASHES into the Earth and it shatters us all into molecules in which case - we're doomed)

Not one to put a too finer point on the matter but just for all your information whether you have an opinion on how the world will end or when it will end here's a little spouted fact for your delectation ....

WE'RE ALL DOOMED...

From the moment we're born we're dying and doomed to die when our bodies can't support our souls anymore...

right back to running around in a circle

We're DOOOMED

[edit on 6/1/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Did you bother reading my post at all RFburns? i think not.
It was specifically addressed to those who believe the 2012 date is when a glactic alignment will occur. It doesnt matter what calendar or what have you. the fact is some 2012 folks believes a galactic alignment will occur in 2012, and this is NOT THE CASE.
PAY ATTENTION.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Sahabi as I told RFBurns that ISNT THE POINT.
The Point is regardless, that SOME 2012'ers believe that a galactic alignment will happen in 2012. Some of them believe it. But this is NOT THE CASE as the galactic alignment is past.
I wish you guys would pay attention.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
reply to post by Sahabi

Thank you.

I always am amazed at why some would want to compare the Mayan calander vs the Gregorian calander and just walk away not even realizing that the Mayan, Aztec, or Masoamerican calanders were in use for centuries before the Gregorian calander was even in exsistance.

Its quite funny that some would say that ancient humans were smart enough and talented enough to make the pyramids of Giza and the Aztec pyramids, but yet do not hold to them the same level of experience and ability to be able to keep track of time. Isnt that a bit rediculous!!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 6-1-2009 by RFBurns]

Damn RFburns you dont pay attention. my post has nothing to do with gregorian vs Mayan calendar. I was illustrating the fact that SOME 2012ers believe a galactic alignment is predicted in 2012 by the mayan calendar.

It doesnt matter wether we are talking gregorian or mayan, the fact is because you dont like to pay attention THAT SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE 2012 = YEAR OF GALACTIC ALIGNMENT and the fact that the alignment already passed shows those people are wrong? *sigh* PAY ATTENTION BURNS
what the heck does gregorian vs mayan calendar have to do with the fact that SOME 2012'ers believe a galactic alignment will occur in 2012?

you can say the mayan and greogrian calendars arent related all you want but the fact is you and others have assigned a event on the mayan calendar a gregorian date: 2012!!!
and some of you believe a galactic alignment will occur then, but as show, no it wont, the last one was in 1998!

[edit on 6-1-2009 by NavalFC]

[edit on 6-1-2009 by NavalFC]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Indeed. RFburns and the other 2012'ers will be subject to much ridicule.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
and to the rest of you 2012'ers the same thing just told burns

You cant say "Well the gregorian and mayan calendars dont match!"
as an excuse, when the fact is you have assigned a date in the gregorian calendar, with an event from the Mayan calendar!
Thats just hypocritical! your going to sit here and tell people
"DEC 21, 2012" a gregorian date but when someone calls you on it your going to say the 2 calendars dont mesh? give me a break!
Dec 21 2012 is a gregorian date! a date which you have assigned with an event from the mayan calendar. And now all of a sudden you want to say the two dont mesh when someon calls you on it? When the whole time you have been using a gregorian date - dec 2012, as the date to pin it all on?
the fact is a galactic alignment happened in 1998 and wont be due for awhile again.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
NavalFC - You have me completly confused!!!

I have read your posts and the links you provided and i, with all honesty, can not work out your point!

Simply put - the Georgian Calendar has no reverence on 2012 at all, none. The Mayan Calandar however, pintoints this date with great accuracy! The Planetary alignment never happened when you said it did because it was not predicted in the Mayan Calandar.

Was it predicted in the Georgian Calendar?

The coming of the end of the Mayan Calandar, and Astrology and others have predicted this is the time for Planetary alignment of our Galaxy.

It will happen, wheather or not you believe it already has.

Respect all!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
A mod should move this thread because galactic alignment and 2012 predictions or lack there of have nothing to do with Aliens & UFO's or at least not presented to be related in the OP.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
and to the rest of you 2012'ers the same thing just told burns

You cant say "Well the gregorian and mayan calendars dont match!"
as an excuse, when the fact is you have assigned a date in the gregorian calendar, with an event from the Mayan calendar!
Thats just hypocritical! your going to sit here and tell people
"DEC 21, 2012" a gregorian date but when someone calls you on it your going to say the 2 calendars dont mesh? give me a break!
Dec 21 2012 is a gregorian date! a date which you have assigned with an event from the mayan calendar. And now all of a sudden you want to say the two dont mesh when someon calls you on it? When the whole time you have been using a gregorian date - dec 2012, as the date to pin it all on?
the fact is a galactic alignment happened in 1998 and wont be due for awhile again.

I guess it depends on what is defined as a galactic alignment. There will actually be an alignment that was significant "to the Mayan's" on Dec. 21, 2012 that is true but if you mean by galactic every planet lined up with the sun and the center of the galaxy then ya that is false.

I have a friend that's huge into numerology who claims no destruction over and over again enlightenment maybe but the numbers don't add up for destruction.

Another who claims to be psychic that say the world will not end either.

Don't put much belief into anything they say because their normally off, but this I have to agree with.

Mass suicide doesn't count lol

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The galactic alignment happens almost every year! What is significant about the 2012 alignment is that its exactly during winter solstice, which was a holy day to most of the ancient civilizations.

The galactic alignment is when the rising sun is in direct alignment with the center of the milky way equator as viewed from earth. Its similar to a solar eclypse where the moon crosses in front of the sun but this time it is the sun that crosses in front of the galactic center.

Might be cool to view but nothing will happen as a result of it.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
hey :-)

as i said in another thread:

THE WORLD WILL NOT END:::
ITS CALLED A
TIMECHANGE

so.. why are you posting such *** side.. do you think that 1 side into the web, what somebody wrote (dont care who), is the answer to the question about 2012?
post the maya-calendar
or
the gregorian-calendar
or
etc..etc

then you will know, that they dont mean "the end of the world",
the mean
THE TIME AS WE KNOW IT, WILL CHANGE

nothing else..

friendly

Nia Wind

top topics