It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DreamRebel Plagerized Me.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Nevermind. I cleared that up myself. Sorry for the edit.

Mr. M

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by StarChild]

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
Ladies and Gentlemen. Mission has been accomplished. I am now 10-7.

Please refer to the following link, and read for yourselves the information provided to the personnel of www.unexplained-mysteries.com.

I was more than polite, and did not bring discredit upon ATS in any way.

Hopefully, they will also punish this member for his actions. He deserves it.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Mr. M

So now we have members of ATS masquerading as staff of ATS on another board? And this is different than the supposed seal team member in what way?

So this person plagiarized. Feel flattered your thoughts were considered intelligent enough for duplication. Anyone who's used the internet for more than a few years would attest that we could certainly use more intelligence on it.

And please don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about or I don't know how it feels. I used to post on raging bull back when I played the stock market and I know all about your research being plagiarized.

Damm, nothing better to do?

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
He wasn't masquerading as staff. Thats our job

EDIT: Incidentally titian, its interesting to see you trying to defend DreamRebel, I'm curious if you've looked into the extent of this?

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by Kano]

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Kano, I've not looked into it and I don't plan to. I, like almost anyone else who posts to message boards, have been plagiarized in the past. I used to get pi$$ed off but realized in the end, the person doing the plagiarizing had to do so because their incompetence left them incapable of doing their own research or forming their own theories.

Hell no I'm not defending that person - he/she is scum.

My point is, we have over 100 messages here about scum and we are posting on other sites now, extending apologies etc. If this is our site then I don't appreciate how that makes us look. The more mature person or site would have raised their head, turned their shoulders and walked away. This is free advertising for the scum because now everyone wants to know what that person did or posted. And who says controversy doesn't sell?

However, I do wish I would have started this thread so I could rack the points up for the ATS store!

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by titianHowever, I do wish I would have started this thread so I could rack the points up for the ATS store!
Replies in this forum (Board Questions & Business) do not result in points for the author.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by titianHowever, I do wish I would have started this thread so I could rack the points up for the ATS store!

Replies in this forum (Board Questions & Business) do not result in points for the author.

It was a joke, relevant to an earlier post I made in this forum, about whether my posts were the death spell for threads. Apologies that that was not clearly alluded to.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm a little bit disapointed that UM haven't deleted the obviously plagerised topics that Dreamrebel started there.

They seemed to be helpful and eager to sort this out but do we all have to go over there and complain individually like Worldwatcher before this is done.

It took me three or four days(in my spare time) to write up the Al Qaeda history and origins and I did it because I wanted to supply a reference resource to members of this board.They could atleast change Dreamrebels name to abovetopsecret and credit the people that wrote them and supply a link to the original if they didn't want to delete them all.

If a Member or Mod of UM reads this can you please explain what's going on.

I'm confused because you closed the thread that Starchild started and yet another one because one of your members brings the topic up.

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
As sad as it may be to contemplate, all of the information this person stole is now probably stored in some manner by him. He most likely has a totally new internet persona to go by and all the posts and people's life experiences he ripped off are now going to cut up and disguised as his own.

My condolences to those who put hours/days/weeks into starting threads and then had them stolen.

Far as the troll remarks, i suppose i am considered a troll as well. It's not that i purposely stand in the shadows waiting to snatch information from others, more that everytime i do a search before starting a new topic somebody has beat me to it! Frustrating sometimes but at the same time it's nice to know that a lot of the topics that interest are shared by others.

Kudos to everybody who acted in a professional manner in this situation, i have seen quite a few "board wars" and this instance was a model of how such an issue should be handled.

Respect.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It seems DreamRebel may have been posting to yet another web site/forum....

Space Flight News . Com

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
He must spend a ridiculous amount of time on-line. I thought that he was an ok guy, but now I just feel dirty!

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What an a**-hole. How unoriginal.

Have no life ? Steal other's people ! Glad the thief was catched.

Hopefully I never said anything intelligent enough to be worth copying, so I can rest in peace knowing he haven't stole my thoughts lol...

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
It seems DreamRebel may have been posting to yet another web site/forum....

Space Flight News . Com

Intelgirl, are these your work? If so we may need to have staff notify the master of that website that he has illicit material on his forum...

m...

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The very first on the list is from me (pissweak as it is).
www.spaceflightnews.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The issue has already been raised with admin over there. No need to go post there.

PS, at least he copied one of my posts, I thought he didn't love me at all

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by Kano]

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
son of a bitch!

at least he added graphics and stuff this time

[Edited on 4-9-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
HEY! He used the word "turd" that I always use! SEE! SEE?!?!

Oh nevermind...

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Oh man, this is the first time I read this thread. This has to be one of the funniest things ever on the history of the internet.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
I never said anything intelligent enough to be worth copying, so I can rest in peace knowing he haven't stole my thoughts lol...

HAHHAHA....ME TOO! I was thinking that but didn't have the guts to post it! ROFL

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Illmatic67, i have to agree.I sat here pissin myself with laughter when i read about it.Imagine the time DR spent reposting stuff as his own and still most proberbly is.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Real Deal
Illmatic67, i have to agree.I sat here pissin myself with laughter when i read about it.Imagine the time DR spent reposting stuff as his own and still most proberbly is.

Actually, I find it very sad. Dream Rebel has self-worth issues, IMHO.
At another forum, the owner was the sicko. She would read private messages and take others experiences as her own. Eventually, we caught on and the forum imploded.
The Internet is rife with these trolls, on every level.

Originally posted by Disastro
Far as the troll remarks, i suppose i am considered a troll as well. It's not that i purposely stand in the shadows waiting to snatch information from others, more that everytime i do a search before starting a new topic somebody has beat me to it! Frustrating sometimes but at the same time it's nice to know that a lot of the topics that interest are shared by others.

You are not a troll: trolls are in no way nice creatures.
WIth experience and persistence, you will someday get that thread posted first.

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
DontTreadOnMe...I didn't say what they did was right or stick up for them in anyway,just that it was funny and how many people are getting their panties in a bunch over it...Nothing can be done about this sort of thing only that the owner's of other websites can be informed to what is happening.You know what crack's me up is the WE CAUGHT ON! what's everyone going to do about it , what can you do about it....NOTHING!!!!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join