It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DreamRebel Plagerized Me.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
DreamRebel, I am very angry with you right now. You copied and pasted my post on ATS from the "List of Security Clearances"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

onto the following forum, word for word.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

One thing that I do not appreciate is people who claim credit for other people's work. That is the case here. I expect an apology by the end of the day.

Mr. M

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by StarChild]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
From the other site by DreamRebel:

At first glance I thought the Disney animators had to head up this project. The European bankers behind the Euro seem to be a bit upset about the fact that Norway and Sweden are not using the Euro along with most of the rest of Europe. The coins actually leave off the top of Finland, who uses the Euro, in order to include all of Sweden. Then they leave Norway out completely, even though it is connected to Sweden. By leaving out Norway and the top of Finland, they were able to portray Sweden as a weenus with nuts. I can't help but wonder how intentional this really was. It is funny though!!

This post has been edited by DreamRebel on Apr 7 2004, 07:27 PM

From BTS by Jezebel.

The European bankers behind the Euro seem to be a bit upset about the fact that Norway and Sweden are not using the Euro along with most of the rest of Europe. The coins actually leave off the top of Finland, who uses the Euro, in order to include all of Sweden. Then they leave Norway out completely, even though it is connected to Sweden. By leaving out Norway and the top of Finland, they were able to portray Sweden as a dick with balls. I can't help but wonder how intentional this really was. It is funny though!!

You might think the first sentence was original but it's not.

First reply from Meddled:

Did the Disney animators head up this project?

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Dreamrebel has over 1000 posts on that site and you can basically guess what he is doing.

No link! No credit to our members who did the leg work so you could look good elsewhere!

Why don't you go stay at the other site and stay away from here.

I've a feeling that that decision may not be yours to take DreamRebel though !

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I am absolutely furious about this.
You have
no
freaking
idea
how angry I am right now.
There had BEST be a good explanation.

-B.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
HAHAHA! How incredibly lame of DR...

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I, on the other hand, am amused.

When I post things on the net, I expect it to be copied.
Thats why I don't post 'copyright' stuff on the net.

As for ATS, Simon has the right to use the things I write as and when he wishes - which is fine by me.

I've had other things copied (usually from Pixy Folk) and am pleased that other people think that my work is good enough to replicate.

If I wanted to copyright something, I wouldnt put it on the net in the first place.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Note to all members:

By all means link to ATS stories.Just write an original sentence and add the link but wholesale and systematic plagerism is looked on extremely badly by staff and as you see it's you the members who are the ones who don't get the credit you deserve.

This is also against our Terms and Conditions.

On the other foot we don't want anyone to plagerise work from others sites that is why you see so many links to other sites in posts here.

If another site or individual complains to ATS staff that their work has been plagerised it will be taken very seriously.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

As for ATS, Simon has the right to use the things I write as and when he wishes - which is fine by me.

I've had other things copied (usually from Pixy Folk) and am pleased that other people think that my work is good enough to replicate.

If I wanted to copyright something, I wouldnt put it on the net in the first place.

We are talking about a case of systematic parasitic feeding not a one off cut and paste.

And it is copyrighted.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Yeah, but word for word? That's stealing someone elses thoughts. He should have atleast given credit to the sources. It's stealing, plain and simple. I personally don't care a whole lot about my stuff here, but some of these people spend hours apon hours researching stuff so someone can post it elsewhere and take the credit.

Boy, I wouldn't want to face this angry mob after doing something like that. Just curious, are we sure it's the same person? I know probability says it is him but there is that chance it's someone posing as him. Either way its wrong and messed up.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
In my opinion, it is wrong to do this. The reason being, that you are not thinking for yourself. You are taking other people's ideas, information, and theories, and using them to your advantage elsewhere.

DreamRebel, you are pathetic.

By the way, it doesn't have to be copyrighted to be considered plagerism. It is the principle of the matter.

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Well, I'm pretty pissed as well. He stole from me too. And that's what it is. Little pussy-boy is taking credit for people's thoughts as his own. Now, I haven't looked at other people's claims, but for instance, this one:

Is verbatim and states that "Back on January 4 of this year, I spoke with some people about a trend that I had found..." which would be a great big farking lie, now wouldn't it? Seeing as **I** was the one that spoke with some one on the 4th about **my** thoughts on this subject.

Here's what he's stole from me so far (and I probably missed some):

Long story short, when you do a search of his posts, you'll see it's like being back home at ATS...

he basically hasn't had an original thought on that board yet.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Oh, I never really liked that little assface.

If anyone ever sees him post anything of mine, be sure to let me know, so I can jump through the computer and lay a little bit of vengeance on that little wanker.

I'm a bit steamed right about now. IDK how somebody could do this to someone they hang with. It's just not done, IMO.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
At the bottom of every page:

All content copyright 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Above Top Secret,
no material may be duplicated elsewhere without the expressed permission of the website owner

Except of course by the original author, which DreamRebel is not for any of those posts.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Has anyone checked to see if he also took information from that site and brought it over here under to use as his own idea?

Mr M. are you going to out him I that site as well? I think you should.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
What do you mean, LT? Subscribe just to discredit him, and then leave?

That's funny as hell. I should do it, huh?

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The actions of dreamrebel have resulted in his banning. Also, he will have difficulty accessing ATS in the future.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Rgr that, man.

I'm sure everyone at that site has as much respect for him as say, we do for Valhall at this one (go figure)

So, I'd say that if you go ahead and lift the veil, it would ruin his cred for both sites, eh?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
What do you mean, LT? Subscribe just to discredit him, and then leave?

That's funny as hell. I should do it, huh?

Mr. M

Hell yes, it would be more than easy enough to show the places that he stole those ideas from and who he took them from. A quick check of the dates posted should allow people to see which site it was posted on first and who posted it.

You should either support someones ideas or try to disprove them, not steal them outright.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
What do you guys think? Should I go over there and reveal the truth to those people?

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
HELL YEA!

Out that little rat, and make them over there hate him as much as we do now.

Little bastage.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
What do you guys think? Should I go over there and reveal the truth to those people?

Mr. M

You know where I stand

BREAK

Email coming to the other account later today.

LT

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join