It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DreamRebel Plagerized Me.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I can see the funny side awful as it is.

The audacity and sheer scale!

Posting Worldwatcher's experiences as his own!

Even suggesting to forum staff that a debate forum could be set up so that he could use the same titles as past ones here and use the winning arguments.

He took the work of 50 people and passed it off as his own.They must of thought he was a genius!

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
some posts he put up in under an hour after they were posted here. I recently saw that their was going to be software to detect this sort of thing, anyone else hear about it?

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
some posts he put up in under an hour after they were posted here. I recently saw that their was going to be software to detect this sort of thing, anyone else hear about it?

There is software that scans for similar articles:

New software detects plagiarized passages -
msnbc.msn.com...

Glatt Plagiarism Services - www.plagiarism.com...

Berkeley University - www.cs.berkeley.edu/~aiken/moss.html

A solution has been around since about the time the media first started reporting about the difficulty of tracking plagiaristic students and the ease of online plagiarism.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl It seems DreamRebel may have been posting to yet another web site/forum.... Space Flight News . Com
Interesting. I posted a link back to the original ATS posts in the case of all of DreamRebel's posts on that site... a few hours later, my account was banned, and my posts were removed.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord - Did you contact the owner of that space board first? That might've set them off.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Your on the board here still

www.spaceflightnews.com...

Maybe if you referenced this thread, and the one of the onther board, in your post it would excite some attention. However the board looks very small...

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hmm here is something he plagirized, which i am not sure who this belongs but,-

"I think these are camel spiders. Solgiers are reporting "theses things are crazy, not only are they really that big, but they can run like 30 mph, and they scream at you when they are running. And I wouldnt say that they are harmless either, not that they can kill you, but their venom is a numbing agent, so they can literally be eating you and you wouldnt even feel it...remember, always shake your boots out before you put em on......"- Claimed to be by D/R.

That is not a camel spider, it is a sun spider, or a scorpion, it is one of the phew tailess scorpions, notice how it has 10 legs, not 8, that is cause the main big ones are the chlemiro or whosa whasa, i am not really sure, i did a project on it a while back and forgot what it was called, but i do know the two bigger legs would be considered the large pincers on the scorpion.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Interesting.

I posted a link back to the original ATS posts in the case of all of DreamRebel's posts on that site... a few hours later, my account was banned, and my posts were removed.

They have only 32 members, you'd think they would at least not ban you

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
has anyone heard from DreamRebel?
Obviously there really isn't an excusable reason for this, but I'd love to know what if anything he has to say in his defense...

Also, I note he is banned here, but is he likewise banned from the Unsolved Mysteries website?

(I can't believe they banned Skeptic)

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I posted a link back to the original ATS posts in the case of all of DreamRebel's posts on that site... a few hours later, my account was banned, and my posts were removed.

I see you signed up again. As of this past minute, they have not responded to your second post. I wonder if they ever will?

I see a "Kano" is online there. Is that our own Kano??

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
but I'd love to know what if anything he has to say in his defense...

His credability is now,...Shot.

There is nothing that could be said, that could honestly be considered factual.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMeI see a "Kano" is online there. Is that our own Kano??

Affirmative.

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by Kano]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
First off i'd like to thank the members of ATS for bringing the activities of DreamRebel to our attention. We have been working to remove as much of the plagiarised content as possible, however given the sheer number of posts this individual has made to the board, this is by no means an easy task.

A few of you have tried to help by posting in some of the threads to point out plagiarised content where possible, which has helped to identify some of the material to be removed.

In order to help speed up the process, and to ensure that as much plagiarised content is removed as possible, I have set up a temporary report thread to give ATS members the opportunity to post links to any posts or threads on the UM forums that contain material that Dreamrebel has copied from here.

I'd like to invite anyone who's posts have been copied or who know of posts that have been copied to post links to such material so that we can remove it.

To report plagiarised content, click on this link :

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

-Edit, Fixed Link

We will do our best to remove or edit out this material as soon as we can.

Thank you.

SaRuMaN

-Webmaster
-unexplained-mysteries.com

[Edited on 11-4-2004 by UM-SaRuMaN]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
UM-SaRuMaN, many thanks for your cooperation on this matter.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I�m impressed. You are a �class act� UM-SaRuMan.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
UM-SaRuMaN,
As Zzub has mentioned, your efforts are greatly appreciated and noticed.

The ATS community and staff thank you much for the cooperation shown between the two boards and in the efforts of the admin. and moderation staff of UM.

Thank you.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
that link doesn't work

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
No it doesn't ww. I went over to post my links but I couldn't find it anywhere.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I assure you, we will have this link fixed as soon as SaRuMaN gets back online. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
DR's going to fit in well over at darkgov. I think ATS needs a lawyer. Might be time for me to hit up that paypal and make a donation.

*EDIT: No more paypal, if you need me I'll be hitting google ad's.

[Edited on 4-11-2004 by insite]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join