It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul ~ Inventing a new saviour

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I have tried more than once to read thru this thread but way too much mumbo jumbo going on here. I have to really hand it to Simplynoone and the others who have battled this spirit of confusion here. You guys really have some staying power, better be careful or God's going to use you to witness after all hell breaks loose!

Justamomma and cohorts:

1 John 4:2-3 2 "This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world."

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
I have tried more than once to read thru this thread but way too much mumbo jumbo going on here. I have to really hand it to Simplynoone and the others who have battled this spirit of confusion here. You guys really have some staying power, better be careful or God's going to use you to witness after all hell breaks loose!

Justamomma, badmedia, and cohorts:

1 John 4:2-3 2 "This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world."

lol, when did I ever say Jesus is not from God? I've specifically stated - I can see the father in Jesus. Your entire point isn't even a point at all.

The difference is, you don't believe you are from god, and you believe that Jesus is the only thing from god. And I know better. Even Jesus says the father is also inside you. I've quoted this I don't know how many times in this thread.

Geez.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
BADMEDIA WROTE >>>[[[Nope, the father/holy spirit taught me that death was not real and not to be worried. The bible itself was never mentioned either for our against. Instead, I was given the understandings that were given to Jesus. Again, this is how I recognize the father in Jesus.

I was shown that the idols/symbols themselves are not important, and not to follow them, but what they represent(if worth following, such as Jesus). But this was not concerning just the bible, but rather all things.]]]

I completely agree with what you said above..ALL THINGS including reading the written word ...........

BADMEDIA WROTE [[[Reincarnation just means you are back for another lesson/experience. People go to different places. Jesus lays it out for you. Would it make you more comfortable if I said it as the meek will inherit the earth?]]]]

This is where we have a problem ......we do not get to come back for any other lessons ..(This is the School ...in the here and now)....these are the lessons in this life now .......
Now if you can show me anywhere in the word where what you say is true and can be proven as a fact then I am all ears and would certainly admit that I was wrong about reincarnation............

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Malachi 4
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

Matthew 11

13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

14And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

Matthew 17

10And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?

11And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.

12But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

13Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Try Isaiah 8: 20
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

I do not have any way to know if a man named Jesus lived and I know without a doubt that I know my Father. I have already shown numerous mistakes in the New Testament and this, in my humble opinion, because it is requiring something based on blind faith IS one of them.

I do acknowledge the Word aka the Son of man having come into the world numerous times and that the Word is here even now; but I am so confident in the Truth, I do not buy anything that is based on blind faith as being a requirement of His. Period!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Okay... yes, now I am confident having just seen that it is I John and not the Word that said the above.

Hear is what the Word said:

John 15

25But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

27And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

This I concur with and *this* testifies to me the truth.... the one in I john does not. The reason this does is because whether it was spoken by a man or not, it is the Word and that is what I can testify to because I recognize that Word. I recognize it elsewhere to in the Tanakh.

So, remember, Jesus was not speaking these things.. the Son of man, aka the Word was. It has NOTHING TO DO with the flesh and that is why the one I John did not feel right to me.

Kind of thew me for a loop there for a minute until HE immediately took me to this one and I noticed then where the other was found.

The one that you are quoting, is blind faith... the one I quoted, is Truth.

Here are some others I was just given and pushed to share with you all:

JOhn 8: 44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

See.. I don't have to confess Jesus... the Word came to testify of the Father... not a man. der.

John 16: 13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Is this not what we keep saying. We are speaking for the Father. We are speaking in the same truth as the Word... and yet, you hear us not.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

I have answered your questions and I believe that I may call this my last post. Every question you asked I answered, ranging from Hitler to Mary being capable of being a virgin and giving birth to the son of God. But yet you call me and say that I what I believe is Pagan, awesome.

To put limitations on God and say that God will never change is wrong and yet again I showed you that God can do as he pleases. I understand that you may not agree with what I have presented and that fine.

If anything can be taken from this it is that while we have different views on the subject (extremely different..lol..), that we were able to discuss it in a rational way. Mind you, the few slips we may have made toward each other, it was over all a good discussion. I would be willing to debate you if you want on the subject (Does God change?), just arrange it and I will accept.

Thank you for not cursing me out..lol.. at least it was able to remain on a civil level!

Peace Justamomma,
~TheMythLives

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Son of Man is born of the parents, not a virgin.

Son of God is born of the virgin, and of the father.

These are 2 different states. There was a time when I was son of Man. Still today as I have flesh I am Son of Man.

Son of God and the virgin birth is a reference to being "born again", or "born anew". This is when you realize the father is in you, and that your consciousness/soul is born of god.

If I see myself as only son of man, then I will surely die, as my body will surly die. As I see the father within me, then I know death is not real. Because my consciousness/soul and the part of the father within me lives on.

Things should be in their proper context. Son of man dies. Son of god does not. Son of man comes from the line of Joseph. Son of god comes from god.

This should also explain why the Jewish people look for a person, and why they say it could be anyone, because it is actually just a matter of what the person knows and connects with. They are born into this world by the flesh, just as Jesus was. It is when they connect to the father and the father speaks through them that they see and become son of god.

There is no confusion when you understand. On the day you see the father inside you, that is the day when you will understand.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
To say that God will never change is wrong ~TheMythLives

Truly as you are known.. the myth lives on.

By the way, I did not say that the LORD does not change... HE DID!! Malachi 3.. you should read it. To say that I am wrong is to call Him a liar since He said it.. not me!
And you say you know G.d.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Perhaps I was mistaken when I said that the previous was my last post... I never claimed to know God. I said that I have an idea of who he is, but I do not know him. Also I never said God was a liar and I never said you were a lier, you called us liers. Do not say that I call God a lier, I take offense in that... Also you also said that he does not change:

Justamomma:
My security rests in my knowledge of Him and that He meant it when He said that He does not change. Now I know how to distinguish lies from the truth and it isn't bound to the knowledge in a book.. The Truth is bound in Him... He is Truth.. He is True to what He says!

There you say he cannot change, but then you say he did change. Which one is it an dthe offer to debate is still up for ya, pick any topic relating to this: God does not change (he does), God does breaks laws (he does), or anything you want. The offer still stands...

[edit on -06002009-01-23T17:06:23-06:00312009bAmerica/ChicagoFri, 23 Jan 2009 17:06:23 -0600, 1 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Perhaps I was mistaken when I said that the previous was my last post... I never claimed to know God. I said that I have an idea of who he is, but I do not know him. Also I never said God was a liar and I never said you were a lier, you called us liers. Do not say that I call God a lier, I take offense in that... Also you also said that he does not change:

Justamomma:
My security rests in my knowledge of Him and that He meant it when He said that He does not change. Now I know how to distinguish lies from the truth and it isn't bound to the knowledge in a book.. The Truth is bound in Him... He is Truth.. He is True to what He says!

There you say he cannot change, but then you say he did change. Which one is it an dthe offer to debate is still up for ya, pick any topic relating to this: God does not change (he does), God does breaks laws (he does), or anything you want. The offer still stands...

[edit on -06002009-01-23T17:06:23-06:00312009bAmerica/ChicagoFri, 23 Jan 2009 17:06:23 -0600, 1 by TheMythLives]

I am not sure when you saw that I said He changes. His character is always the same by His own declaration. His laws were declared perfect, eternal, and perfect for converting the soul.
How do you make something perfect... well, better?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Do you believe the father is all knowing?

If he is all knowing, then every possible thing that could happen has already happened, and is already known. This is like looking at all of reality and your entire life as a movie film. The entire film at once, all stretched out. In this way, the father does not move or change. There is no time in the film, it is just a bit long picture.

Take the same movie film, and only show it 1 frame at a time. Suddenly you have change, there is movement in the pictures shown and so on. Each new frame is a new instance of "time". Only by taking on a limited perception of the film do you get change and time.

The father sees the film at once. The son sees the "movie". The son has the limited perception. So, it appears NEW to the sons and daughters. It is not new to the father, and the father didn't change. It is your perception and understanding changes. This is the father/son relationship.

Only the film is many films, and it only appears to us as linear, or as linear "time" because of our individual journey/path across it. This is a part of and a requirement of free will, which I can explain if you want me too.

Anyway, Gods laws have never changed. They have been the same the entire time. What has changed is how they are understood. Again, the reason Jesus is said to "fulfill" the laws, aka bring understanding to them. That is why he is the example, and why he was sin free - because he followed the laws. He did however pay no attention to mans laws, only gods laws. Man's laws don't mean anything. God isn't going to be standing there waiting with all the speeding tickets you never got caught for etc.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Justamomma:

I am not sure when you saw that I said He changes. His character is always the same by His own declaration. His laws were declared perfect, eternal, and perfect for converting the soul.
How do you make something perfect... well, better?

By the way, I did not say that the LORD does not change... HE DID!! Malachi 3.. you should read it. To say that I am wrong is to call Him a liar since He said it.. not me! And you say you know G.d.

Are you serious! read it its all there.... You clearly said he never changes and then you said he did and now you said he doesn't... Are you reading what I am reading?

(((((I am not sure when you saw that I said He changes.))))
(((((By the way, I did not say that the LORD does not change... HE DID!!)))

Do you see now...??

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

You should describe it the way you described it to me last weekend (please) .. about walking across a room! I think that was the *most* clear understanding that I have ever received for what *this* is like.
I would do it, but I would most likely butcher the whole idea that you so beautifully worded. haha

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Of course you took the time to find the quote prior to your last post... why not do the same so I can see the context of what I was saying... You all do the same thing to the Word.. you take things and errrgghh.. nvm just point me to direction of where I said that please. Don't just post up the words that suit your purpose.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Its page 80, I think:

This quote stands alone, thats why I took it, if there were other contexts to go with it I would have added those. As it is an opinion of what you feel that God is. There clear as day.. The other one is a few posts up not that many...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Oh.. okay.. haha. I see what you are saying... I thought you were trying to say I was contradicting myself. gotcha

I am just repeating Him.. .He said it.. I am just confirming that I believe what He already said. Is that hard for you to grasp?

Example. Me: I have blue eyes.

You: You have blue eyes.

You saying it does not make it the truth or not truth just because you are repeating me. My stating something I know about myself is the truth.

I restated what He already declared about Himself. That is what I meant by that... it is not a hard concept.. seriously.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Malachi 3
6 For I am the LORD, I change not.

See... He declared it first. You say He does change.. therefore you are calling Him a liar.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
reply to post by badmedia

You should describe it the way you described it to me last weekend (please) .. about walking across a room! I think that was the *most* clear understanding that I have ever received for what *this* is like.
I would do it, but I would most likely butcher the whole idea that you so beautifully worded. haha

Yes, that is part of the free will stuff, and why you have to actually walk the path of Jesus(follow the laws), not just believe or have faith. Jesus says those who believe will walk the path, and there is a specific reason for it, and why it is called a path.

I'll be happy to explain it if he asks, but it seems to go over most peoples heads, and it's a bit long so I don't want to waste the time of typing it all out if it's going to be looked over as usual.

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join