It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuation Warning! - Yellowstone National Park (Non Official)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Aren't we glad you don't make the decisions then....

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I say: let's stop talking about it so it will erupt. Wait, no, let's do keep talking about this...give it a good ol' Blossum Goodchild fervor that will keep everyone interested.

I'm gonna go make some popcorn...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
There has been serious talk in the "scientific community" for years concerning the Yellowstone Caldera. It's all bad! This is not a matter of "if", but "when". The current indicators are not much different then what has been observed over the past 8-10 years. This hardly indicates that Yellowstone will Not blow anymore then that it Will blow. It Will Blow! When is the question. It is looking more and more like it will be sooner then later.

About time the Earth shook off this pesky human blight!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
people need to remember that seismic activity does NOT EQUAL potential eruption.

An eruption can potentially come from anywhere - and with Yellowstone, the bulging is the thing to watch. It's so huge that we will see the bulge start rising rapidly if something is going to happen.

Anyone know what the last weeks bulge readings are - where are the resources for this.

BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM - LAVA LAVA LAVA - AAHHHHHH - DEAD MOTHER IN LAW AND EX WIFE (RUBS HANDS)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yes, if only Blossom, the web bot, and that guy that said army personnel were sent letters to report back to duty would all chime in and say there is a chance this could happen. Then we would know it is the pile of dung that it is. Personally, I wouldn't live anywhere near that place, because there is absolutely NO DOUBT that it is going to blow at some point but I don't think anyone is going to know exactly when until it's really too late. This is silly, people should just move on until it really starts acting weird and giving off something definite. There have been earthquake swarms very often over the past few years alone that I've been watching these things.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hmmm, seem to keep stepping on something crunchy in this thread...oh, thats it, its all the nutshells laying around. Man, some nutty people in this world. I'm outta here, have fun with this fantasy thread.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I am not going to credit this guy with anything by saying I believe or disbelieve him.

I want to add though how funny it is that on ATS hardly anyone trusts the government until something like this is mentioned. Then it is “well if it were real the government or someone connected to them would warn us”.

Seriously though with the economy in the trash like it is and everything else going on I think the government would more likely just keep their mouths shut and let a lot of people die saying they had no warning (sounds familiar). Less people to contend with when or if things get really bad and an easy way to drop in a military police state if they chose to do so.

I am not even a doom and gloomer and find most thread about it entertaining, but I could see a huge conspiracy revolving around this if true. Think about all the other topics on here and the plans needed to implement them. This would be a perfect way to do so.

Again I am not saying the guy is right or wrong, I am just pointing to the way people on here are reacting. One day they trust the government the next day they do not, seems sort of strange to me.

Regardless RSOE is showing both volcano and earth quakes in Yellowstone.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Yesterday and the day before they were only showing quakes.

Raist

Edit: unable to spell tonight.

[edit on 1/2/09 by Raist]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Credible credentials. WAIT... IT HAS TO BE ON PAPER AND CERTIFIED BY SOMEONE WHO WAS RAISED TO GIVE CREDENTIALS ACCORDING TO THE SETUP SYSTEM OF WAREHOUSE, POLITICALLY TWEAKED SCHOOLING RIGHT???!??!? It cant be true, of course not! Because if it were it would violate our comfort and set plans for the distant future so we just refuse to heed any warnings because it doesn't coincide with our viewpoint and life. What makes you think that we can trust the news. A lot of it is government regulated and if not tweaked none the less. YEAH WAIT UNTIL OUR GOVERNMENT TELLS US ABOUT IT FIRST!!! WE CAN TRUST THEM RIGHT!!!! To hell with that. I'll make my own move and let the disbelievers become cannon fodder. So many times sheep fall victim to disbelief and pay the price. You want a warning? this is it and don't expect much more or a warning from our scattered and controlled media. If it doesn't happen well so what, BUT, if it does someone that was crazy and had no credentials lived. Whats more important..... remember, like a thief in the night.....
Thats how it usually happens....

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3krostatic

Credible credentials. WAIT... IT HAS TO BE ON PAPER AND CERTIFIED BY SOMEONE WHO WAS RAISED TO GIVE CREDENTIALS ACCORDING TO THE SETUP SYSTEM OF WAREHOUSE, POLITICALLY TWEAKED SCHOOLING RIGHT???!??!?

No, but it does have to be better than a youtube video with his cat.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Is there a link to the 3D magma flow? If the magma is indeed rising, then are we privvy to that information? I would find this so much more credible if we could see this for ourselves.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well whether this is going to happen or not, everyone should be prepared for the worst. Stock up on Canned & Dryed foods, lots of bottled and/or gallons of fresh water, have plants in your house to create oxygen from CO2 and have the ability to seal your house from ash and noxious gas. I would say that you need enough food and water for 3 months. As far as heat, maunual light your stove or furnance or use wood with fireplace only after ash has settled.

Good Luck and Good Evening!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I just talked to a relative who is a Geologist who did confirm that since there is nothing listed on the usgs site about an evacuation that the page this warning is on is bogus.
This thread should be closed.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If this does erupt, how will Seattle area fair?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I watched part of the video starring Christopher C. Sanders that he posted on YouTube.

I doubt he's a Geologist. He doesn't even know the history of the Yellowstone Caldera. He lost TOTAL credibility with me when he said that he theorized that the caldera had been created by a meteor. Yellowstone is just the current volcano in a chain of volcanoes that span 17 milling years and several thousand miles.

Sure, this thing may blow but this guy's prediction isn't worth paying any attention to.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
This is no where near an official announcement, dunno who this fella is, but he is talking out of the wrong hole.

Those who are worried, here is the official home page for USGS

USGS
You will find nothing about any concerns over Yellowstone, nothing out of the ordinary to worry about at all.

Except for the fact that there really is a lot of seismic activity lately?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

Say Mainer,
Are you a true Mainiac? You know: Jus' 'cause a cat has kittens in the oven, don't make 'm muffins.

I've always enjoyed your interjections, being a native New Hampsterite myself. I have to believe from your posts that you are a Mainiac. God Luv Ya!

LIVE FREE OR DIE!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
I am not going to credit this guy with anything by saying I believe or disbelieve him.

I am in the same category I will have to sit on the fence with this claim, but his statements are very bold. And to tell people to clear out is frighting.

I hope this geologist is not just looking for recognition because a lot of people are worried about this situation. And crying wolf here is not the thing to do in this situation.

I think many of us here on ATS are sick of people crying wolf, but on the other hand we are tired of governmental cover ups, and incompetence.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
A person of questionable qualifications makes a sensationalistic statement (on youtube no less), and suddenly the end is nigh and the sky is falling. Typical.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Remember the movie "Independence Day", no one officially sounded the alarm, it was a nobody, like this guy!

Oh well, just trying to play on the ATS paranoia, sorry!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join