It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuation Warning! - Yellowstone National Park (Non Official)

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Could you please insert the address of website if you have one for the 3D imagery of the Volcano Caldera please would be very grateful as i am very interested as I do believe reading threw articles and research that it is quite possible for the Volcano Caldera to errupt in our generation or the next.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Everyone is freaking out about a very natural process that happens in Yellowstone. It is not unusual for a series of earthquakes to happen. While there is some (and I emphasize some) potential for more earthquakes in the area (around Yellowstone Lake-a historical site for earthquakes), potential volcano activity related to these earthquakes is small. Geologists are studying these earthquakes to find out the cause, but most are too small to even really be felt (the biggest are around 4.0). I am not an expert, I just looked at yellowstone's official website(volcanoes.usgs.gov...).

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
USGS finally updated their Yellowstone quake data. Looks like the 4th, and so far today (the fifth) the quakes have slowed in both number and intensity.

USGS

[edit on 1/5/2009 by NoArmsJames]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Well, I guess the warning he gave was not to important. Maybe over reacting just a little huh? If the news was that important I am sure the press would have told people a long time ago.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The attached has some great info on Yellowstone Lake and some great imagery.

Yellowstone Lake Anything but Quite

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Might be an idea to rig your self a generator fixed to a bike so your able to power stuff

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

WOW i live in MONTANA when is it gonna happin iv been to yellowstone park 1 time there are boiling holes it cazy THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP MAN

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The only people that need to dear are, those living between the 200 - 300 mile radius, everyne in the jet stream behind the park for a few hundred ti a few thousand mile, and maybe (by eveything the Discovery Channel says )the rest of the plant during a miniture iceage. Look on the bright side it would help global warming.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
We seem to have a volcanic alert for Yellowstone area. I believe this is not the only alert service showing the 3.2.

Can anyone provide more info? Thanks

hisz.rsoe.hu...

EDIS Number VA-20081229-19822-USA
Event type Volcano Activity Date / time [UTC] 29/12/2008 - 22:48:18
Country USA Area Yellowstone National Park
County / State States of Montana, Wyoming City -
Cause of event Unknown Log date [UTC] 29/12/2008 - 22:48:18
Damage level Not or Not data Time left -
Latitude: N 44° 30.996 Longitude: W 110° 20.370
Number of deads: Not or Not data Number of injured persons: Not or Not data
Number of missing persons: Not or Not data Number of infected persons -
Number of evacuated persons: Not or Not data Population

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Looking at the bible codes it seems to suggest it will happen in September. It could be getting ready.

www.exodus2006.com...

exodus2006.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
has anyone heard any thing new on this topic today?fox was supposed to have a scientist on to talk about it but its running late due to the burris thing.the teaser seemed kinda doom and gloom but its probably for hype

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

I heard this too actually that Yellowstone has recently moved into the Red zone for volcanic eruption. Which means that volcanic eruption is probable.

I am banging my head trying to remember where I heard that, it was only a few nights ago. It was during an interview I think.

They said all this time it stayed yellow or green but a lot of recent activity put it into the red.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here are other scientists reporting that the activity is unusual. Though I don't know a thing about this website:

scientists eye unusual swarm of quakes

"They're certainly not normal," Smith said. "We haven't had earthquakes in this energy or extent in many years."

Smith directs the Yellowstone Seismic Network, which operates seismic stations around the park. He said the quakes have ranged in strength from barely detectable to one of magnitude 3.8 that happened Saturday. A magnitude 4 quake is capable of producing moderate damage.

Though I can't find any other evidence of any alarm. The USGS still has the status of Green, for what that is worth.
"This is an active volcanic and tectonic area, and these are the kinds of things we have to pay attention to," Smith said. "We might be seeing something precursory.

"Could it develop into a bigger fault or something related to hydrothermal activity? We don't know. That's what we're there to do, to monitor it for public safety."

The strongest of dozens of tremors Monday was a magnitude 3.3 quake shortly after noon. All the quakes were centered beneath the northwest end of Yellowstone Lake

I am certianly not an alarmist, or one to drop on the band wagon. But the fact that it got quiest suddenly makes me nervous.LOL

When somethign makes noise and gets quiet suddenly, it always makes me nervous.

Like the calm before the storm.

didn't Mt. St. Helens get real quiet a day or two before it blew?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jaman

I too heard on the Fox radio network that they were going to be talking about Yellowstone Quakes. However, I missed the story and the website does not have anything listed in regard to this.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Apparently, this "activity" has slowed. See Updated #6 "copied below".

Situation Update No. 6
On 05.01.2009 at 21:13 GMT+2

The recent earthquake swarm underneath Yellowstone National Park appears to be slowing down considerably. It's good news for the people at the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory who monitored close to 500 small earthquakes in the area during a six-day stretch. It had been the most intense swarm of earthquakes in Yellowstone since 1985. "Everybody was mobilized," said Jacob Lowenstern on Monday. Yellowstone National Park normally sees at least 1,000 earthquakes every year. "We saw half of a year's earthquakes in less than a week," Lowenstern added. The vast majority of the earthquakes were small and never felt by people within the park, but a few were strong enough to be felt by visitors and park staff. The strongest earthquake was a magnitude 3.9 on the Richter scale. Yellowstone National Park sits on top of a geologic "hot spot" and has historically been a very active area for earthquakes and the occasional volcanic eruption. The last massive eruption took place 640,000 years ago. Lowenstern said the Volcano Observatory staff does continually assess the risk for another volcanic eruption, but it's his belief this latest swarm was not indicative of anything more than just a series of relatively normal earthquakes. "We didn't see any other indicators that told us we needed to be overly concerned," he said.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Thank the heavens...

I had a horrible dream about Yellowstone erupting the other night...

I live in Casper, pretty much central Wyoming, and I believe my world would get turned upside down should the sleeping giant ever choose to wake up...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Just in case anyone cares, Discovery Science Channel well be airing " When Yellowstone Erupts" on Thursday night.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
if it blows we're all screwed. worldwide screwed. unless ET comes and gives everyone a ride on his gigantic spaceship.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!!

Another warning by C.C. Sanders

here is the link.
worldwidewaterplan.com

little snippet bellow :

Update time = Thu Jan 5, 2009 at 3:29 a.m.

Posted by geologist C.C. Sanders on January 5, 2009.

"I am informing all State officials around Yellowstone National Park for a potential State of Emergency. In the last week over 252 earthquakes have been observed by the USGS. All of the pre warning signs for poisonous gasses to escape from underneath the parks lakes are present. - I want everyone to leave Yellowstone National Park for 100 miles around the volcano caldera because of the danger in poisonous gasses that can escape from the hundreds of recent earthquakes. These poisonous gasses that can escape from underneath the lake present even more of a potential problem because of the super volcano."

Code - Yellow

[edit on 6-1-2009 by j2000]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!!

Another warning by C.C. Sanders

here is the link.
worldwidewaterplan.com

little snippet bellow :

Update time = Thu Jan 5, 2009 at 3:29 a.m.

Posted by geologist C.C. Sanders on January 5, 2009.

"I am informing all State officials around Yellowstone National Park for a potential State of Emergency. In the last week over 252 earthquakes have been observed by the USGS. All of the pre warning signs for poisonous gasses to escape from underneath the parks lakes are present. - I want everyone to leave Yellowstone National Park for 100 miles around the volcano caldera because of the danger in poisonous gasses that can escape from the hundreds of recent earthquakes. These poisonous gasses that can escape from underneath the lake present even more of a potential problem because of the super volcano."

Code - Yellow

[edit on 6-1-2009 by j2000]

I talked to Kevin Sanders for a little bit, great guy, however, I came to the conclusion that he does know what he is talking about, but isn't a professional. He is a private geologist, he doesn't work for any company that has to do with this.

It's more like a hobby for him.. which is fine. But when you take his word over the experts that's a little wrong.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join