It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: U.S. Bombs Mosque in Fallujah

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
What makes you say that they declared the war ?

www.fas.org...

That sounds like Jihad to me, and it specifically says to attack us wherever they find us. Then two years later they find us in New York on 9-11 and most of them are from Saudi Arabia.

Yes, Iraq was pretty secular but the Center of Islam is Saudi Arabia. It is 100% Muslim and it is against the law to practice any other religion. Islam is state supported in Saudi Arabia and that is where the money is coming from.

www.state.gov...

[from my eariler post in a similar topic]
I've said this before, but their hatred is toward Western Culture and what it represents. The US just happens to be the biggest and most extreme example of it.

What are the biggest differences between Western Culture and their Theocratic States?

1. Freedom to Worship how you want.
2. Increased Freedom for Women

Both of these things undermine their powerbase to the point that they know that our Culture spells the eventual end of their current way of life. They will band together to fight us rather than give up their religious excuses to pillage and plunder their people and enslave 50% of their population.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

If you are talking about the wider war then 9/11 was not the start.

Always we in the west like to portray ourselves as victims of unprovoked attacks.

Lockerbie is a good example.Everyone in the west remembers Lockerbie.No one remembers the Arabic passenger plane shot down by the US navy a few months before with all hands lost.

Everyone in the US knows of the 4 construction workers killed in Faluja.No one knows of the 8 iraqi civilians killed in that same city only 2 days earlier.

Cause and Effect. Action and Consequence.

Often there is no discernable beginning.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
JB, don't you mean the Iranian jet shotdown, on accident, in the Persian Gulf? As opposed to the Lockerbie, which was certainly not accident?

(or, do you think the US shot down that plane on purpose)

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
My apologies you are right Bob. Iranians are Persian not Arabs.

No apology for that accident ,nor compensation,nor propper explanation.

The Muslim view was that the US navy shouldn't have been there let alone opened live fire.Look at it from their standpoint.

I can't remember weren't they pilgrims travelling to Mecca?

Cause and effect!

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I hope you didn't perceive my correction as a cheap shot, Jb, but it is so hard to one-up you, I just could not resist.

The Navy was there in the Gulf protecting Arab, Muslim allies against Iran.

To put this in perspective, I am certain Nazis would have preferred the US not be in the Atlantic at all during WW II, providing the UK a lifeline of supplies, and protecting it along the way.

I can however see your point about the Muslim view. I just can't see why some of them can not distinguish between an awful accident, and an act of terrorism.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
"The Navy was there in the Gulf protecting Arab, Muslim allies against Iran."

You mean protecting Saddam Hussein's Iraq. Don't you?

Cheap shot? No, a wound from you is an honorable scar.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is just what the freedom hating iraqis need is a nice blow to one of there supposed temples of a wacky religion...maybe that will teach those horders of weapons of mass destruction and resposible for 9/11 terrorists a little lesson

why not nuke the whole lot of them and turn it into a blacktopped playground of safety for israeli children...they can play and frolic on the tarmac of charred iraqis.....
wouldnt this be a nice lesson to all those freedom hating american bashing dirt bags from korea to iran and back to france and there damn french fries ...HAH

and for those of you who are low on the intelligence levels i was being sarcastic

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
JB: Kuwait was the 'official' ally we were there to protect.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Bob,I'll take your word for it.

Q

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I see a lot of questioning here along the lines of "but this makes churches fair game". That's just not correct. People in churches, mosques, whatever here don't hole up in them as shelter and HQ while fighting a war. If a bunch of extremist Christians, or any other group, did the same thing I would feel the same.

It always irked me that because of the terrorist's religion, they always know they can hide inside the mosque and be more or less untouchable. To me, this represents a most heinous defilement of holy ground. At the moment a holy building is comandeered for military purposes, it is in my eyes no longer holy ground, but just more brick and mortar we need to send crashing down on them.

"But it will only inspire hatred!" is the outcry. If killing the bad guys who want to kill ALL of us is going to inspire hatred, then I don't care! Kill them wherever they stand! If people are going to be so irrational as to follow or support such individuals, then they're so dense that no matter what we do they're going to hate us anyway--sucking up to them isn't going to work. (That's how we got in this mess in the first place!)

TPL

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
people.howstuffworks.com...

This maybe of some use.

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by TPL]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join