It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undeniable 10 Evidence's of Global Warming

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Good
I agree the Earth reacts to such things and yes thousands of years agreed!

But.. This time we are a large part of this and we are seeing the result I think we are just giving mother nature a helping hand this time around and that is why in my opinion that we are seeing a faster result of warming or change or whatever the oceans are rising there are no two ways about it.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

Stop hurting those of us who really want to know what's happening and why so that you can pursue your political agenda, benevolent (awareness of an important issue) or otherwise (people who stand to make a great profit off of global warming taxes and subsidies).

Look, either you believe it or not, this is the truth and just denying wont make this lies, and I dont want to make any of this discussion political, understand that, I want to create a better awareness, better individual knowledge and measures, can go a long way than the government collecting taxes and implementing measures.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
reply to post by SLAYER69

Nature or man mad the loss of the coast line will not cause extiction, there is more to it than that.
It is infact a very deep and complicated rabbit hole that will get harder to dig out from without intervention.

I never said anything about extinction Good try though!

[edit on 29-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
All I have to say about the AGW theory is when the scientist start making the models, data, experiments, and details of how they ran the models, i.e. imputed the data in what order the level of forcing ect. Then I will believe it.

In other words when the science is independently verified from other scientist outside of the AGW alarmist circle, then I'll pay attention and listen to what they have to say.

As far as the 'evidence' that you listed 'proving' global warming is nothing more than natural changes in the climate. Egypt used to be a grassland where they could farm crops and sustain a civilization for a few thousand years. They used to farm crops in Greenland.

The ice core data is unreliable, and also changing a theory into law with only 100 years of sketchy data collection and saying that it is undeniable proof of AGW is very gullible.

Also it doesn't help that Hansen went on his right wing conspiracy tinge when the Bush Admin wouldn't let him present his findings, when in fact they would have let him present them if he would have submitted his data for independent review. Which he threw a temper tantrum like a little kid.

To me being an open mind and a former believer of AGW there is actually no evidence to support it there is more evidence supporting that it is a natural cycle than anything.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
To Slayer69-
I accept that the earth had undergone heating and cooling over the centuries, but what you must take into consideration is the time scale, the natural heating took thousands of years, while this is occuring in just 50 years, and also, the heating in those centuries was caused by the sudden eruption of volcanoes which release tonnes of gases into the atmosphere, but there is no recorded evidence of any huge volcanic activity over the years, except the mount St.Helens in Washington and Krakatoa in Indonesia, which do not come anywhere near the massive explosions to cause such change.

[edit on 29/12/08 by peacejet]

See that's the big problem. You're trying to use data from the last 50 years which is completely laughable. Lookup "midevil warming period" and you'll see that the earth was MUCH warmer than it is now. It must be those turbo-charged donkey carts responsible for that eh? (I stole that line from another source)

Scientific data shows warming and cooling periods of 110,000 years and you're being "duped into believing that the last few years are more than insignificant. The term Global Warming" isn't even being used as the fear phrase anymore, now it's "Climate Change".

You see "green" this and "green" that everywhere you look, it's BIG business right now. Federally funded "scientists" are getting paid for their "studies". If they don't have some life-ending, earth changing disaster that needs "more study" in the works, guess what? Their funding dries up and they have to go looking for work. It's all about money, and it's all lies so they can squeeze more out of us in the form of a "Carbon Tax".

My second point to your argument is the fact that volcanism on a large scale does the opposite of what you're trying to say. Large amounts of strata ejected into the atmosphere blocks out the sun. Some scientists think that if a super-volcano like Yellowstone erupts, the temperature of the entire earth would drop by about 17 degrees.

Point 3...Along with the earth, the temperature of the other planets in our solar system is also rising, look it up.

Water vapor alone holds in more of the suns heat, by comparison, than we could ever produce in the form of c02.

Again, I agree that we're having a detrimental effect on our planet, but the warming isn't one of them.

Peace

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
My second point to your argument is the fact that volcanism on a large scale does the opposite of what you're trying to say. Large amounts of strata ejected into the atmosphere blocks out the sun. Some scientists think that if a super-volcano like Yellowstone erupts, the temperature of the entire earth would drop by about 17 degrees.

Point 3...Along with the earth, the temperature of the other planets in our solar system is also rising, look it up.

Water vapor alone holds in more of the suns heat, by comparison, than we could ever produce in the form of c02.

As I had already mentioned in a previous post, i dont want to make this political with the discussion about the plan to collect more taxes from the people.

As regards to previous rise in temperatures, corresponding to high CO2 levels, take a look at this graph,

And tell, is the CO2 level now, close to anytime in the past?, you can see an almost exponential increase in the concentration.

For you stating of volcanic activity, what you said is correct, the earth will experience a nuclear winter for a year or so, causing temperatures to plummet across the globe. But, that is due to the ash alone.You didnt consider other gases such as methane and sulphur-di-oxide.

The ash will eventually settle down on earth, but the gases wont and in the long term, they heat the earth. Didnt you study that the first greenhouse gases in the atmosphere were due to volcanoes? And I would say that we are merely accelerating it.

And for your third point, I know that the other planets are warming up, and it is only due to the sun's natural cycle, but ours is not, look at the CO2 graph i posted above, that will explain it, our planet is becoming more like venus.

And if you dont care now, you are not going to pay the price anyway, it would be your children and grandchildren who will be paying the heavy toll for this, keep that in mind.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The earth will continue to do what it's been doing for millions of years. It will get warmer and it will get cooler. Is reducing the amount of c02 and pollutants a good thing? Yes it is. What was the argument again?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

"The London-based Christian Aid estimates that by 2050, floods, droughts and famine caused by climate change will have driven 250 million people from their homes--more than the 163 million people currently displaced by wars, famine or ecological disasters. "

I love these sort of posts they show exactly what is wrong with the implications of so called 'Global Warming'. Christian Aid were/are? Just the sort of organisation that goes into these very same African countries and declare AIDS epidemics based on visual diagnostics (well blood tests are costly and anyway which one of the 12+ patented tests would they use to prove a sham Virus?) such as running noses, secondary infections, and destined bellies. Then start children on immune attacking 'anti-aids' drugs and then are surprised when they die like files because there bodies can't fight the effects of the said drugs, thus the death is apportioned to AIDS, and the death toll rises. When all they needed was less Western interference, western aid not linked to arms sales, IMF to get the **** out of these countries economies and multi-nationals to stop raping their lands!

You know what poster, the earth has been around a long time and we have been here quite a few years less, so why not do us all a favour and let the earth deal with whatever the solar system throws at it and not add to the political (NWO) crap that I and everyone else has to endure without you adding to it!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

And have you ever bothered to check which happens first? The temperature goes up, THEN the CO2 goes up. And CO2 has been higher than it is now in the past.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

The CO2 level goes up which has a direct impact of increasing the temperatures.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Look, your graph clearly mentions that it is only for the solar activity, and does not add the CO2 induced warming, add both the graphs, and you will see the temperature changes and the worst climatic conditions we are seeing, and once the solar activity fades to minimum, the the temperature will not fall as you think, the greenhouse gases merely prevent the cooling.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mlmijyd

You know what poster, the earth has been around a long time and we have been here quite a few years less, so why not do us all a favour and let the earth deal with whatever the solar system throws at it and not add to the political (NWO) crap that I and everyone else has to endure without you adding to it!

First understand what I am saying, the earth has been there for a long time, dinosaurs lived and died because it cant do anything the meteor had in store for them, but we humans are blessed with good knowledge and the ability to confront situations and we are just killing ourselves with this runaway greenhouse effect now. And I am not telling anything about politics at all, please understand, I am not telling you to pay more taxes, I am just telling that awareness of people, will do more better to reduce the effects of global warming/climate change. Thats all.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet

Originally posted by mlmijyd

First understand what I am saying, the earth has been there for a long time, dinosaurs lived and died because it cant do anything the meteor had in store for them, but we humans are blessed with good knowledge and the ability to confront situations and we are just killing ourselves with this runaway greenhouse effect now. And I am not telling anything about politics at all, please understand, I am not telling you to pay more taxes, I am just telling that awareness of people, will do more better to reduce the effects of global warming/climate change. Thats all.

But you have bought into the whole “we humans are causing this and we can make it all better if we only act now……….blaw blaw blaw” This gives fuel to allow the control of us by the rulers of each of the GW scamming countries. Of course its political, that’s the point. We contribute virtually nothing to the CO2 mix. It’s the solar activity that affects each of the planets in its path. Why can you just sit back and for once actually nature do what it does best? If it makes you feel better certainly stop driving your car, or eating meat, or recycle or whatever else will stave your conscience? But, just stop trying to be part of the guilt driven GW scam.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
My opinion:

We just now (guessing the last 50 years) have been putting focus on climate.

We have a tendancy to screw up our facts and then want everyone to believe what we are saying is truth based on facts that may or may not be screwed up.

We cannot pretend to know what the earth was like 5000, 10000 or 100000 years ago. We can give it a best guess though. My best guess is that our best guess will be flawed.

My opinion, in the scope of things, Global warming is a new cash cow. We have scientists on both sides arguing this one. Al Gore is not a scientist nor an authority on the matter. Neither am I and I doubt we have anyone that can say with 100% (let alone 80%) certainty that they know exactly what they are talking about on this subject.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
While I freeze my sack off because we are experiencing colder weather than usual over the past 5 years in the Midwest. Hmmmmm...

I'm sorry, but I listened to what the 'experts' were saying and I started to believe them. I don't want to harm this planet any. But, after really looking into things I do not believe the 'global warming' being caused by man anymore. There are simply too many main stream REAL EXPERTS that say it is a natural cycle. Especially when a single cow puts out more methane and such in a single year than 10+ households.

I know it is a conspiracy site but I am starting to believe that the conspiracy for this subject may in fact be that people are trying to SELL the global warming theory to the people. Kind of like they did about 5 decades ago when we went through a similar warming then cooling trend.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
The earth will continue to do what it's been doing for millions of years. It will get warmer and it will get cooler. Is reducing the amount of c02 and pollutants a good thing? Yes it is. What was the argument again?

Some great cherrypicking there.

Firstly, why compare solar activity to just arctic temps? There are several research articles demonstrating that solar activity and global temperatures are minimally correlated over the last 30 years.

Krivova & Solanki, 2003

Indeed, if we buy the ideas of someone like Leif Svalgaard, then solar activity is possibly minimally related since about 1750 - but I've yet to see him support his claims. Even the arctic temp data doesn't look right. But it would depend on the data source, I suppose.

linky

Secondly, the Baliunus & Soon data is tripe, nice to see they didn't bother with post ca. 1975 data. See above.

Thirdly, why use such a crap selective sample of data for Europe for data over the longer period? There are over a dozen studies showing NH temperatures over the last 1000 years and more. None show such a profile. That looks a bit like the naff data from the very first IPCC report, which was very poor.

IPCC

[edit on 30-12-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Erm, there is no global warming, only climate change.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Man made global warming? sure! There all all sorts of chemicals being pumped into the air every day via chemtrails. According to the Kyoto Protocol SF6 is one of the worst greenhouse gasses out there, and there dumping it out in the atmosphere all the time. So man made climate change.....yes indeed. but not from fossil fuels.

Global Warming Engineered By Chemtrails?

[edit on 30-12-2008 by ThEdOnKeYpUnCh]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

you should know al gores "hockey stick" graph has been thoroughly debunked, any figures used will result in the same trend shown in the graph. It should also be noted that al gores own results when displayed properly show increased carbon levels follow a warming trend not preceding it. Ask a first grader sometime what heats our planet.....hmmm the sun maybe? Another natural cause of climate change often overlooked in the debate is the oceanic oscillation cycles, you know el nino, la nina, these cycles are not yet fully understood, but its natural cycle and the natural cycles of the sun are the cause of these changes. Look into history a little and you will find that both the coldest and warmest periods of our recorded history occured without the help of man, so what has changed. The largest emmiter of carbon to the atmosphere is the ocean, (decaying algea) maybe we should pass some laws and waste a bunch of money trying to regulate the emmissions of the ocean, or outlaw volcanic eruptions, I can't wait for the tax on pig and cow farts. How many years does the earth have to cool before we stop the warming jargon, oh wait its winter i forgot climate change, we'll talk more about warming when it gets warmer. 30,000 scientists 9000 phd's say man made global warming is a hoax, but lets ignore them because the few hundred making a killing off of government grants to be the final word on the subject, must be telling the truth, right?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

You say I'm cherry picking, then you choose IPCC data? HoHo HeHe
Can you say "hockey stick"?
Who do you think is trying to sell us this garbage?

I simply grabbed the first couple graphs resembling the real data. I didn't want to spend
hours re-finding the others from many more reputable sources. I'm not near my other computers.

Even former members of the IPCC will tell you they're full of it.

www.colo-earthfriends.org...

www.canadafreepress.com...

www.globalresearch.ca...

paulmacrae.com...

Again, these are the first links on google, but the story is the same...over and over and over again. Keep digging!

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join