It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 448
<< 445  446  447    449  450  451 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Nobody erased anything.
The 6.2 Panama Earthquake appeared on all Yellowstone webicorders at about 23:32 UTC.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
It's nothing, there's seismic activity there all the time. Especially since the are geysers and thermal conditions that would cause that to happen around the clock. Anyone who's been there would know.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
Come on a 6.2 hits near Panama City and nothing is on the maps?! I know they like to quickly clear some off their maps, did anyone see this one though earlier on Thursday before they did?

yeah i saw it on gee and everywhere else .

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Some activity today on all the monitors, this is one of them:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ad9007d168b.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Some activity today on all the monitors, this is one of them:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ad9007d168b.gif[/atsimg]

on a few others yes but not all of them

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

I didn't say they were ALL like this one............. I said there was "activity" on the monitors.....................

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by alysha.angel

I didn't say they were ALL like this one............. I said there was "activity" on the monitors.....................

ok my mistake

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
ROFL So, I was looking at the seismographs today and was like HOLY HECK!! Wtf is going on? Then I checked the weather for that area. O_O

Humidity: 82 %
Wind Speed: W 8 G 26 MPH
Barometer: 29.93" (1013.0 mb)
Dewpoint: 28 °F (-2 °C)
Wind Chill: 26 °F (-3 °C)
Visibility: NA

26 MPH winds. lol Dang.. That's enough to make it interesting.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This thread is STILL kicking? Nice! I was here when it was first posted haha, really thought it was going to blow a few months back.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hello all,
I am not so sure that nothing is being withheld. I have been following this thread since I first noticed the increase in activity in December. Have been watching seismos for years, and the Yellowstone area has been of interest. I first learned about this area and it's history while taking multiple geology courses in college during the mid 70's.
The "pipe cleaners", and occasional "what looks like calibration" curves that appear on the LKWY seismo have a tendancy to make me believe that this important siesmograph is being detuned.
Yes, from time to time, a quake that is displaced by a few hundred miles shows up on the Yellowstone, Utah, and Montana seismos (and then some of these do not register on the Yellowstone seismos...there is a reason for this), but, when you look at the activity that appears on the seismos that surround LKWY...YTP,YLT,YML,YMR,YPK,YMP,MCID, to name a few, you can see that there appears to be a lot more activity that is NOT being reported by USGS (and other agencies).
Look at the traces for the past few days and specially for the past 24hrs.
Look, and educate yourselves. There is a lot of very good information early on in this thead...check it out. Then come to a decision.
Mutt

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muttster
Hello all,
I am not so sure that nothing is being withheld. I have been following this thread since I first noticed the increase in activity in December. Have been watching seismos for years, and the Yellowstone area has been of interest. I first learned about this area and it's history while taking multiple geology courses in college during the mid 70's.
The "pipe cleaners", and occasional "what looks like calibration" curves that appear on the LKWY seismo have a tendancy to make me believe that this important siesmograph is being detuned.
Yes, from time to time, a quake that is displaced by a few hundred miles shows up on the Yellowstone, Utah, and Montana seismos (and then some of these do not register on the Yellowstone seismos...there is a reason for this), but, when you look at the activity that appears on the seismos that surround LKWY...YTP,YLT,YML,YMR,YPK,YMP,MCID, to name a few, you can see that there appears to be a lot more activity that is NOT being reported by USGS (and other agencies).
Look at the traces for the past few days and specially for the past 24hrs.
Look, and educate yourselves. There is a lot of very good information early on in this thead...check it out. Then come to a decision.
Mutt

That is definitely a possibility and it provides an interesting though. But, at the same time, there's been LOTS of great info through the entire thread and not just the early thread. Info that has been thought out, understood, discussed, etc. I would be one of the first to say "There is something being hidden." But common sense shows that there are various methods of finding out aside from USGS and it's not like they're all workin together to destroy our knowledge. I dunno. Maybe that's where I finally learn that being skeptic makes sense. Or at least thinking makes sense. heheh Good post though.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
At 20:30 local time, the outflow in Yellowstone Lake was measured at 738 cfs. This is a record. The previous max for this day was in 1986 (five months after the '85 swarm) at 727 cfs. Yellowstone's reservoir, it's bathtub, is overflowing at a historic rate. Based on 79 years of records.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by Robin Marks]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hey everyone, i have been following this thread since it all started back in december and still am!! i remember there being a link to the water outflow at yellowstone lake, does anyone have that link for me??

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

The lake discharge rate has been much higher than normal (>80%) since the start of this year. There's very bad weather at this time at Yellowstone that may be one of the main causes of the recent abnormally high levels, but somehow I think that the 2008-2009 earthquake swarm activity may have changed something in the lake bathymetry.

This page shows for example that since the start of 2009/end of 2008, LKWY GPS station (not seismic, which is a separate thing) experienced a rise in upward ground motion:

quake.wr.usgs.gov...

[edit on 2009/3/17 by Shirakawa]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirakawa

I was just mulling over the outflow levels, and then the provisional data disappeared. All the way back 60 days, the data now respresented by a blue line to show station is affected by ice. So I cannot comment if there is nothing to show an accurate. Last week, the station was showing a flatline because of some reason. So I guess I'll have to wait until they sort it out.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Robin Marks]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
reply to post by Shirakawa

I was just mulling over the outflow levels, and then the provisional data disappeared.

OK, something funny is going on! No data back to 17/01/09 (British) 01/17/09 (American) or 09/01/17 (Japanese) - that should cover everyone!!

I have data I gathered up to 02/02/09 (British or American!) Now all of a sudden the tabulated data shows 'Ice'. I wish now that I had continued collecting. So, no flow because of ice, yet the gauge height did not apparently get stuck until 11th Feb - now does that strike you as odd?

Methinks I smell a conspiracy!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think there's a problem with the database or the website, since if the page is set to show "Time series: daily data" instead of real-time data (this option can be selected on the top of the page with the scrollbox near the "GO" button and can be used to check periods of time longer than the past 60 days), the loading process appears to stop without completing.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
HI Guys! Did I hear conspiracy?

We came full circle, back to the lake output levels! Kewl!
www.billingsgazette.net...
Thought I would throw this up, it is a news feed of yellowstone.
I guess so we can "officially" hear when the surf's up!

Thanks for all your input!

[edit on 17-3-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Well, I guess I can see that.
There's GOTTA be a conspiracy somewhere.
Interesting info guys.

top topics

<< 445  446  447    449  450  451 >>

join