It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 451
<< 448  449  450    452  453  454 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by huntergatherer
This afternoon and evening there has been 14 quakes at the park. While this may somewhat normal, I dont understand as to why all of these quakes are centered in Yellowstone Lake. Alot of red squares from USGS. Any seismic activity there raises red flags, but this seems to weird.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
DOH! cat walked on key board.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

I dont know maybe someone should ask Yogi Bear

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Alysha, I've seen the update. I don't see why that got replied to me though.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hagalaz

lol Maybe Yogi is in on it!! He's like, altering information and stuff and is getting ready to make YS go crazy. o_O RUN!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Sorry to be so mundane amongst all the excitement!

Version 2.0.4 of QuakeData is available and you also need to download the getting started document as the way it is first started has changed.

See link in my signature.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

lol That's ok Puter, Yogi isn't very exciting unless he finds a pic-a-nic basket. Your software is actually much cooler. Keep up the awesome work.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Despite my best efforts, I'm finally becoming spooked by the quiet in the park. And I agree with whoever said the world wide activity has been largely uneventful recently. But the once reluctant volcano, known as Redoubt, has been very demonstrative of late. At this very moment there are 2 or three microquakes every minute. There could be an explosion tonight.
As for Yellowstone, I'm sure they'll be a couple of quakes here and there to resume normality and routine very soon. Least I hope so. But for now, it's the old war movie cliche', "It's too quiet." And I agree.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Maybe this will stir "The Pot"...
Along with the Nevada, Montana, Idaho and Utah activity lately...
Still don't like all the Salton Sea activity...creeping up the S-A fault...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Earthquake Details
Magnitude 6.3
Date-Time

* Saturday, April 04, 2009 at 05:31:57 UTC
* Saturday, April 04, 2009 at 01:31:57 PM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 5.107°N, 127.211°E
Depth 67.9 km (42.2 miles)
Region PHILIPPINE ISLANDS REGION
Distances 250 km (155 miles) ESE of General Santos, Mindanao, Philippines
280 km (175 miles) SE of Davao, Mindanao, Philippines
1260 km (780 miles) SSE of MANILA, Philippines
2595 km (1610 miles) ENE of JAKARTA, Java, Indonesia
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 8.5 km (5.3 miles); depth +/- 22.6 km (14.0 miles)
Parameters NST= 55, Nph= 55, Dmin=>999 km, Rmss=1.17 sec, Gp= 50°,
M-type=teleseismic moment magnitude (Mw), Version=7
Source

* USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID us2009faag

[edit on 4/4/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

There are some strange things going on. A 6.3 in Italy a few hours ago. I am not sure if this unexpected actvity is indicative of anything but you never know.

I can't see 14 earthqukes in the park, but maybe because the USGS data does not show anything under 1.0. My feeling is still that things are possibly too quiet, and sudden unexpected blasts like the Italian one give ris to uneasy feelings. Whilst 6.3 is not considered a major quake by the geologists - but look at the deaths even so - what would the effect of a 6.3 be in the park?

Edit:

'I woke up hearing what sounded like a bomb,' said Angela Palumbo, 87, as she walked on a street of L'Aquila.
'We managed to escape with things falling all around us. Everything was shaking, furniture falling. I don't remember ever seeing anything like this in my life,' she said.

(Exerpt from the Daily Mail article)

This is what I mean by unexpected, and she is 87!

[edit on 6/4/2009 by PuterMan]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

This was a strange quake indeed. Note that it was 6.2 miles, this has become a common depth for most quakes, makes me wonder if the earth's crust isn't breaking at that depth, getting ready to slide around on the next layer as the poles shift. They have been slowly shifting since 1998, as predicted by Edgar Cayce, he had said that if we see activity around Vesuvius ( in Italy) or Pelee we are facing some terrible earth changes.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
yeah iv spent the last hour or so getting news info on that 6.3 in italy , and its not uncommen.

Italys prone to quakes , thoughtout history and i went to check the webicorders at YS , here what i find strange ...

it should have come up on YS s stations but i could not findit anyhwere on the yvo site.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
All I'd like to say about the Italian earthquake, is that I hope Shirakawa is safe and sound. I noticed Shirakawa's location was Italy, and I have really enjoyed Shirakawa's multi-media demonstrations of Yellowstone's activity. Shirakawa has been as quiet as our giant motlen quarry. Give us a shout Shirakawa if all's well. And give us your perspective if you could.

Sincerely,
Robin

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

he/she is fine just is trying to follow three important threads, spoke with him/her on the quakewatch 2009 thread.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Thanks, I've tried to limit myself on this thread and don't want to start on any others. The following article is about a scientist who was warning the L'Aquila region that a big one was immenient.

www.timesonline.co.uk...=OTC-RSS&attr=797093

news.sky.com... s_First_World_News_Feature_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15256828_Italy_Dismissed_Scientist_Who_Predicted_Earthquake_As_A_Scaremonger

And one more thing since I'm in gear, it would appear that there has been three small quakes registered on YMR SHZ WY. This is still not within the Yellowstone Caldera proper, but it's enough activity to make me think things may be returning to a more usual regime. Least I think so.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Robin Marks]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

that is amazing , thanks for the read . and i to believe if they can predict a volcano going off then why not a major quake as well. im sure they got the tec for it these days ,but well you know.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

that is amazing , thanks for the read . and i to believe if they can predict a volcano going off then why not a major quake as well. im sure they got the tec for it these days ,but well you know.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Looks like activity is picking up around YS...

keep a eye out???

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Doh should read a lot of the thread before posting sorry

[edit on 6-4-2009 by puzzled2]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Feeding off of the Edgar Cayce note above, even Arthur Conan Doyle (the creator of Sherlock Holmes) got into the act, uttering these dire words of prophecy in 1915:

A period of natural convulsions during which a large portion of the human race will perish. Earthquakes of great severity, enormous tidal waves would seem to be the agents. War appears only in the early stages, and appears to be a signal for the crisis to follow.The crisis will come in an instant. The destruction and dislocation of civilized life will be beyond belief.

There will be a short period of chaos followed by some reconstruction; the total period of upheavals will be roughly three years. The chief centers of disturbance will be the Eastern Mediterranean basin, where not less than five countries will entirely disappear. Also in the Atlantic there will be a rise of land which will be a cause of those waves which will bring about great disasters upon the Americans, the Irish and Western European shore, involving all of the low-lying British coasts.

There are indicated further great upheavals in the southern Pacific and in the Japanese region. Mankind can be saved by returning to its spiritual values.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
There appears to have been some sort of quake in the western or northern park of the park. 00:02 UTC.

new topics

top topics

<< 448  449  450    452  453  454 >>

join