It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't I Walk Around Naked?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Maybe if it were an option some of us would drop the extra 10 pounds we have been carrying around and have a little more incentive to exercise.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
reply to post by Zaphod58

we shall give them a little leaf to wear okay

No leaf....clothes only!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

No.

It's not the parts that need covering. It's what's in between the parts. Do YOU want to see someone with 300 pounds of cellulite jiggling? Or rolls bouncing up and down while they walk?

Excuse me, I have to go throw up now.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
HA there are some people that shouldn't be seen in spandex but that doesn't stop them either.

Clearly it's practical to wear clothes - to protect the skin.

It's practical to wear clothes to protect the psyche. (of others)

Religious - well sheesh most religious fanatics don't like most clothes people wear anyway - too short, too tight, too spar, too bright....whatever

As far as being nekked - at home sure. In public? No ones need to see what gravity does to the average 40 year old buttocks - it generally isn't too pleasant LMAO.

The human is a sexual being and having our "sex" hanging out is more than some people can handle. the act of being nekked is sexual for many. Hard to seperate the two.

Personally I find the human body overall a rather beautiful thing male or female, however that's in an artistic sense. I sure as heck don't want to see the majority of folks in the buff lest I be traumatized for life.

I know from being raised in a "nakedness is beautiful" household,and an artsy fartsy mentality that really it has a lot to do with upbringing, values and personal preferences later on in life.

I have friends who are semi nudist and whatever floats their boats. Not for me personally.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinman67
Maybe if it were an option some of us would drop the extra 10 pounds we have been carrying around and have a little more incentive to exercise.

aha see being naked has health benefits.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Because people love clothes, fashion, shoes etc. Shoes keep our feet protected, clothes keep us warm or make us look nice.

Who wants to look at someones penis while trying to eat? There is a time an place for everything. Humans have adapted to this behaviour, because we feel it's practical and it's a social behaviour of respect and decency towards others.

It might seem natural to not wear clothes, but I disagree, our human behaviour is natural, and this is what most humans feel comfortable doing and actually enjoy doing(wearing clothes)

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Who wants to look at someones penis while trying to eat?

Ahem.... no ones twisting your arm to look at it _Phoenix_ !!! If you find yourself doing so, you need to seriously question that fixation!

.. and... are you suggesting all women close their eyes when... um .... you know !

IRM

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I live on the coast here in Florida.

There are women who should be locked away for life, just for showing up in a bikini.

You would not believe the sheer volume of cellulite and I guess you'd call it celluHEAVY, into a bikini. I mean, it's enough to make your gag reflex kick in.

Some will pack three hundred pound into a three-ounce collection of fabric. And those who wear a thong?

That's one strip that has disappeared into the twilight zone.

I personally don't want to look at a bunch of wrinkled, rippled, legs and asses, sitting comfortably underneath a belly that could cover a Vette.

As you the young hard-bodies? You want to see more, just work your magic.

I think many people see it like I do.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Who wants to look at someones penis while trying to eat?

Ahem.... no ones twisting your arm to look at it _Phoenix_ !!! If you find yourself doing so, you need to seriously question that fixation!

.. and... are you suggesting all women close their eyes when... um .... you know !

IRM

LOL of course not, like I said a time and a place. By the way I'm not trying to stop anyone wanting to walk around naked, but in my opinion most humans naturally feel more comfortable in clothes and with others in clothes, especially when trying to eat

[edit on 25-12-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I just had to give the OP a star for this.

You just made my night.

And just who says I need a little leaf???

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

well we ca offer you a larger leaf but don't over compensate

all im saying is that nudity is the way to go. join me in making a holiday nude day
well making it the same day as valentines day and save some couples the trouble of.... well nevermind

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I just had to give the OP a star for this.

You just made my night.

And just who says I need a little leaf???

I think someone on the first page said that.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Because if you walk around naked in the summer, things get burned that REEEEAAAALLLLLY shouldn't.
Do YOU want to be walking around with your *AHEM* burned?

This.

Been there, seen it, done it, bought the medicated lotion.

Other hazards: mosquitoes, black flies, and rocks that look smooth enough to sit on at a quick glance but turn out otherwise.

's nothing wrong with it. It's quite enjoyable, really. But there is a downside.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
join me in making a holiday nude day
well making it the same day as valentines day and save some couples the trouble of.... well nevermind

No way, there is no need for a nude national holiday. I really don't feel like seeing a bunch of naked people walk around while there goods are bouncing everywhere.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Sorry Rocketgirl, it's hard to read everything when you don't know whether to grin or blush.
You know the old adage, "People that live in glass houses should always keep their clothes on."
Or something like that.

[edit on 25-12-2008 by Tinman67]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

why not thats what im trying to get to the bottom of? when did people start seeing bodies as ugly without clothes?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Sorry, it's hard to read everything when you don't know whether to grin or blush.
You know the old adage, "People that live in glass houses should always keep their clothes on."
Or something like that.

Huh what....
!!! That made me laugh and feel dirty at the same time.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The laws are unjust when it comes to this issue.

I believe that if i really had rights, then i'd have the right to not wear silly clothes. There are times when clothes are appropriate, for protection, but i should be free to let my wang swing in the breeze.

And as far as ugly nekked peoples, who's to say who's ugly? My vision of beauty might be another's vision of grotesque, an usually is. I think these skinny malnourished "supermodel" looking types are ugly as a week old bear turd. For real, these anorexic, surgically disfigured people disgust me, i'd rather see the old fat saggy lady naked than the disgusting things that most people are brainwashed into thinking is the ideal of beauty. There's a lot more beauty in the individual uniqueness of all of us.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

If you are a hot chick, I encourage you to lead by example and just start walkin around naked.

If you are a guy: Follow the damn law and keep your clothes on!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

Just a quick fyi:

My goods dont bounce.

It drags

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join