It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't I Walk Around Naked?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
why cant i walk around naked? it feel comfortable and it keeps you cool in the summer. but you do it once and suddenly your a registered pedophile.

i just don't understand where these laws and social rules come from. whos the first guy to have said "okay if your not wearing pants you have to go to jail and spend a night with a bunch of inmates...alone...at night... with no pants"

i feel we were born to be nude. its natural. animals dont feel the need to wear clothes. why do we? we in essence are animals when it comes down to it. i just would like to know your thoughts on this.

is it a moral issue? a law issue? or was it really made for the benefit of us all?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Three words. Adam and Eve.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

(37) His disciples said, "When will you become revealed to us and when shall we see you?"
Jesus said, "When you disrobe without being ashamed and take up your garments and place them under your feet like little children and tread on them, then will you see the son of the living one, and you will not be afraid"

Just tell them Jesus told you to do it.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

That's not in the Bible!
That's the gospel of Thomas, if I remember right!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
According to Jerry Brown, whatever you're into baby, it's okay. To heck with the magority saying it ain't cool. We'll pretend the Constitution covers that also.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
While I have to agree with you that it is comfortable, its not very practical. Not only that but some people seriously shouldn't, for the sake of others!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Because it's cold out and women would laugh at you.

You don't want to sell yourself short, do you?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Exactly!
I've been meaning to call a nudist colony and ask them how they check the mail in the winter.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Definition:

Naked- To be without clothes.

Neeked- To be without clothes and up to no good.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Because people who would look good walking around naked don't, and those that should be covered want to stick their junk in our face.

I don't want to se you naked, EVER!

I don't want you to see me naked, EVER!

Just because you feel good being Au naturale does not mean I should have to suffer it.

Close the door to your home and you can walk around in all your gory, I mean glory.

Just keep it inside your home.

Thats all any polite society can ask.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
its a really interesting question, assuming we didn't learn to wear clothes because someone ate an apple why did we?

i would assume that people covered their bodies at first for protection, the genitals were obviously of the highest priority when men went hunting -you do NOT want to be clambering about in a swamp with all manor of things stinging your you know whats.

did they then get used to the idea of it and it became 'the done thing' and before long it was taboo not to be covered?

not sure how it came to pass that womens breasts have to be covered, seems kinda strange.

oh and there are plenty of nudist beaches, holiday resorts and the like - if people started to frequent them more then we would have more of them, thats just how it is.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

its a really interesting question, assuming we didn't learn to wear clothes because someone ate an apple why did we?

Who ate an apple so that clothes had to be worn?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Hey, if you want to walk around naked go for it. It's alright with me.

Personally where I live right now it's so friggin cold that I'm wearing long johns, sweat pants and a long thick heavy sweat shirt with my hunting socks (I'm not a hunter but these mothers are thick and warm).

Just make sure nothing gets caught cause body parts that hang out are usually sensitive.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Because if you walk around naked in the summer, things get burned that REEEEAAAALLLLLY shouldn't.
Do YOU want to be walking around with your *AHEM* burned?

And most people REALLY don't want to see underdeveloped teenagers walking around naked.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
All I'm going to say is that there are some people who should never in there life walk around naked. It's wrong and it's cruel and unusual punishment for to all of humanity.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

im willing to take that risk?

okay so i see the answer is mostly religion. so does that mean atheists get a walk naked free card?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
No.

The answer has to do with not wanting to see a 350lb person walking around with everything hanging out. Some people DO NOT need to be seen naked. Ever.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

we shall give them a little leaf to wear okay

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

other people in the thread were suggesting that eve eating the apple from the tree of knowledge is the reason for us being clothed now, i think they were probably joking though.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Not me.
I'm serious!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join