It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what Proof would convince the entire world that Aliens are visiting this planet ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It would need to be a huge non life threatening event to make people believers.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JoeBarna

PEOPLE LISTEN
It is quite simple really. Me, well I never believed in UFO's until I saw a picture of one. THE MEDIA IS THE ANSWER. They need to cover this topic much more frequently. I mean if you think about it they could be covering one of the most important events in man kind.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Plain and Simple - What the heck is the big secret? If Aliens are visiting our planet then so what? I highly doubt an alien species would give a rats *** if we knew they were "watching" us. Why would they care? If they have the technology to get to us from other galaxies then they surely can't be afraid of being defeated by our less advanced technology. Like posted before there would have to be a global (visual) confirmation of aliens existing. Like a spaceship coming down and 5 aliens get out and go in front of the MSM and say something like "hello we are just passing through, good luck in your advancements, and good luck trying to cure cancer". Think about it, if they were hostile then we would already be wiped out. But that hasnt happened. Why? Because, either they dont exist or they are just simply passing by......

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by damagedoor

no there is no need to continue because you want to change the subject to Oranges when we were talking about Apples. it's not the same thing and you know it and i am not going to keep replying to that nonsense.

and no i have not worked out an equation to post, but if you believe that every single UFO/Alien report is a false alarm then there is definitely no reason to continue and that further proves my point about skeptics.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by easynow]

Again, this silly skeptic business. Forget the apples and oranges stuff - it's an elementary logical point that showed the particular argument you employed in that particular post was wrong. Which it was. I suspect you have no interest in understanding why, and it will only frustrate me to explain it. It doesn't really matter.

I never said "every single UFO/Alien report is a false alarm". This is you reading what you wish to see. It was you who claimed, bizarrely I thought, that it was mathematically impossible for that to be the case. Well, it obviously isn't, so I asked for clarification. Thank you for clarifying that it was just your opinion some must be real. If you use words like mathematically, don't be surprised if someone asks to see the maths.

For the last time, I'd like a similar level of evidence for aliens as I have for the other things I believe to exist. This isn't unreasonable. You say I might never have that, because of the nature of the phenomenon. Fair enough. Then I'll carry on with no belief whatsoever in the meantime, the same as I do for all the other alleged phenomena where there is no compelling evidence. Saying "the nature of the phenomenon makes evidence unlikely" is a license to believe almost anything. So I'll go by the simplest and most elegant explanation for there being no evidence.

Have a nice holiday, anyway.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hello and "Good Morning" thread.

After getting off line last night, I couldn't help but think about this topic of discussion. Then it started to dawn on me that , if there was a way too get people to "Accept" the mysticism of the UFO phenomenon, it would have to be something along the nature of evidences that are "Beyond" today's experiences, which by the way, have been looked into.
There is a gentleman by the name of Jim Hickmann who has adamantly dedicated his life to the UFO phenomena and has some very riveting insight to the UFO scenario being real and legitimate in our reality, check out his book, It is called "5000 years of UFOs" and it is quite amazing. I couldn't find any web printed excerpts of his book, I will post this website for your viewing, and because of the possibilities of plagiarism without his permissions, I will stay scant on explanation and finding's in his book.

pages.prodigy.net...

Now, "Back to my thoughts!!"

Lets say that the "Mythical" city of Atlantis was a civilization that was indeed factual and advanced beyond the technologies of even what we have today?
And lets say that the ancient city was from the era of the 12 to 13K BC theories. which theologists and philosophers seem to accept or perpetrate as being their time on this planet.
And during the evolution of technologies of their natures were handed down to them by their ancestors, which would then bring us even deeper into the time tables of the Atlantis existence theory.
Though we have no "Actual" evidence of the great cities existence, we do have the philosopher "Plato" which was the only thought to be person that had actually seen the city. For those of you interested, here is a website of his accounts:
www.schools.nsw.edu.au...

In his descriptions of the vastness and location of the city, he seems rather "Adamant" and "Sincere" with his telling of the great city, and little else is known.

Such theories such as Atlantis and Aliens are basically hand in hand with explanation of limited acceptance and personal thoughts, which by all means leads to "Possible" assumptions which allow others such as Archaeologist Sandy MacGillivray to take to heart the "Plato" descriptions from his literature, but yet puts it to a place where "He" thinks the true Atlantis is located, and there have been assumption all over the world for the city being a realistic and factual place, and yet no known evidence, other than the explorations being done, has ever produced more than "More questions" of it's where abouts.

wkar.org...

But to no avail, people take this place as a "Relevant" and "Acceptable" place of existence? Just on a text written eons ago? Don't' get me wrong, the stories of Atlantis have intrigued me, both as an adult and as a child when first hearing of it, and which is when most of us , as children found out about it's "Magical and Mystical" effects on the human consciousness and the effects it holds on our minds. Not too many people that you couldn't walk up to and say "Ever here of the 'Lost City of Atlantis' ?" There is almost definitely going to be a resounding "YES" every time.

Now, do the same question using UFOs, bet the same answer will prevail, there are not many people that don't know anything at all about such topics, but isn't it ironic that there are so many aware of the phenomena, of both incidental mythical and unexplained things, but yet , to have one choose, they would be more apt to choose Atlantis over the UFO, and that makes no sense, People have reported UFOs since the days of pictographs and hieroglyphs, and yet the only person to even come close to the city of Atlantis was a one man scenario? Plato's Atlantis and Plato's telling of the city actually has more clout than the UFO phenomena taking place for us to see until this very day?

There has been something lost in our past, I personally think it is with in our subconscious mind, but can't prove that. As theory and nothing more, and as one tries to piece the personal experiences, known reports, photos, videos, testimonies and current validations, the Atlantis theory is nothing close to the UFO existence practicalities but yet are ridiculed and shunned far more frequently than , lets say "Atlantis Theories".

We as a species are bound, somehow, by the laws of our realty and nature, we do thing's we regret and we achieve great things as well, and yet, when the time comes (And it will) when we are no longer on this planet, the only legacy we will leave behind is that we were a race never reaching full "Mental Potential" and that we were a race of confused and lost in our own interpretations for the better of each other.

So, as far as I can tell, "We have to figure out time travel, administer it to with in Ml Secs and go back to the place where it was all lost, and evidently forgotten, write down all higher enlightened findings, take pictures and videos, oh, and bring every skeptic to the exact time at the moment when the fine line got blurred between 'Who we are' and 'What we have become' on acceptance of such thing's as UFOs truly existing."

Though I don't feel alone on this planet, I do however feel secluded and rather insignificant for the knowledge I have to share and the ridicule that I have endured for sharing, not necessarily here at the forums, bu tin life as I know it.

The 2012 thing that is being talked about, and coincidentally written about from all types of cultures and eras of time, might very well be the proverbial "Enlightenment" of these so called events being revealed as a "Reality" and not so much "Unacceptable/Pseudoscience" as the skeptics and the naysayers had once thought.

So, "What will it take esaynow?"
Time, and a bunch of it coupled with open mindedness and hopeful experiences for themselves of such conclusions of these events being "REALITIES" for others.

Our contribution easynow? Well, "We're doing it right now. For control isn't a good thing, but out of control is much worst."

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

well thanks Allred5923 for your interesting take on more people believing in the Atlantis story than in UFO's and like you say there is more evidence for the UFO phenomena. so yes that is very interesting

personally i believe there was a city of Atlantis or something like we would imagine and it certainly is possible that these occupants of these UFO's could be connected in some way.

a troubling similarity that i find in the two subjects is the goverment doesn't want you to know about either. i have read many stories about research dig sites that were shut down because they were finding what i call ooparts and even though some of these artifacts have surfaced ...many have been censored in my opinion.

TPTB don't want you to know about these things so you will remain a sheep on a farm and stay under their control. it is very possible this Alien secret is being kept from us because it could unlock secrets from past civilization and since they may have been visiting this planet when these other ancestors of ours were alive there most certainly could be a connection there. speculation of course but it makes sense to me.

thanks for the links Allred5923 i will check them out

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by damagedoor I mean, very few people are skeptical about elephants existing, are they? Even the people who've not been kicked by one...

But all those who have never seen an elephant, nor been kicked by one, believe that elephants are real simple because they were shown pictures and told by the media that elephants are real

Where is the difference? Those that have seen aliens, been probed by aliens, been abducted by aliens have felt the elephant... so why don't the rest believe when they are shown pictures and told stories? Because the skeptics don't want to believe

I bet if I go look back in history there was a time when many around the world did not believe elephants existed either

[edit on 24-12-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by Nohup

thanks Nohup for your input but i am afraid taking pictures of the Eiffel Tower and catching a car accident on camera are two different things.

But both car accidents and UFOs are occasionally caught on camera. And we're all pretty much in agreement that cars exist. Why? Because of all the other stuff. All I'm looking for is the same thing that would convince me that cars exist.

from what we know so far UFO's don't usually stick around for celebrity pictures so you may be disappointed in the long run, sorry

Well, I never said it would be easy. But if such things actually exist, then isn't it possible, even though it might be improbable?

Alien artifacts will not convince the entire world no matter who confirms it or announces it. sorry
[/quote]

Okay, no who's being skeptical? There is a point at which all but the Flat Earthers would have to agree that the thing is alien. If James Randi and Alan Shermer and all the hardcore skeptics agreed, that would be a pretty good endorsement. Of course, there will always be those who would refuse to believe. I'm talking about reasonable people. Like ME!

[quote]on a brighter side...the Aliens could land and you would be able to touch one ? or at least have the opportunity ?

That certainly would help. Although, like I said, it wouldn't be strictly necessary for me to touch one, as long as I was reasonably sure that I could, if I wanted to.

The fact that this very simple amount of evidence seems so elusive suggests to me that something else, very odd, might be going on.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

All I'm looking for is the same thing that would convince me that cars exist.

it's Alien...how do you know the same thing will be as convincing ?

But if such things actually exist, then isn't it possible, even though it might be improbable?

sure it's possible but what good is a photo ? i have only seen photos of the eiffel tower so i do not really know for sure if it's real.

That certainly would help. Although, like I said, it wouldn't be strictly necessary for me to touch one, as long as I was reasonably sure that I could, if I wanted to.

ok if that works for you then great , maybe someday that chance will present itself, who knows ?

The fact that this very simple amount of evidence seems so elusive suggests to me that something else, very odd, might be going on

if the goverment did recover a crashed Alien craft and bodies at Roswell, that simple evidence may actually exist but we are not allowed to see it........certainly possible right ?

imo anything to do with something Alien is going to seem very very odd.

i think everyone has a different perception of what proof is and that's why some people already believe and some don't.

thanks Nohup and you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

[edit on 24-12-2008 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

imo anything to do with something Alien is going to seem very very odd.

With out a "DOUBT" that is what has taken place. The UFO enthusiasts have been shunned from the skeptics points of views because it is not the frame of their "Mainstream" perception's, could also be the fact they have had no personal experiences as well, but spot on easynow.

i think everyone has a different perception of what proof is and that's why some people already believe and some don't.

Not saying that "All" people of disbelief are religious, but the majority of the societal none acceptance does come from people of the religious categories, with so many, there is no way to designate the entire field of the ratios of this skepticism. If it were to be proven (And I think that is a big part of the Governments cover up for this being factual.) it would be a circumstance of literally re-evaluating their thoughts of there actually being a God by their standards and perceptions of it being nothing more than a ploy to destroy the relevant religions. The arguments you usually hear of this topic of "Pan Spermia v.s. God" leaves the 95% or 98% of the religious up in arms and very discontent in the thought that they have misinterpreted the whole meaning of life, because of their "Personal" acceptance to what has been fed to them since their first initiation to the world. Not saying all people are raised in a religious family or born that way, just that they had stumbled into the religions at one point or another, and thus creates a "hole" in their personal interpretations of the whole "Holy Bible" thing, when using such evidences such as UFOs being a factual and a "True" reality. A good example is, when I misspell a word using the computer, and I want to be literarily correct, and the word Bible or holy is misspelled, the spell checker is at the ready for the correction with capitols where the beginning of the word is at. Kind of strange, but true. And for what reason, "Humans exceptions to it's importance and domination of the planet." I am not saying it is "Incorrect" for that to be in place, But what I am saying is that God lives in the minds of those who choose the belief system, and as Atlantis exists, so does an omnipotent creator, "Philosophically and theoretically with Metaphysics with no physical evidences or with "Tangible" proofs."
Ever since Gutenberg invented the printing press, the one thing has to remain as "Why?" has the bible been the "Most" recopied and sought after book of man kind? Simple, "It was the first book of of invention."

en.wikipedia.org...

Gutenberg’s invention sparked many religious revolutions with his invention that allowed the common man to posses a Bible for his own interpretation. The printing press allowed knowledge and ideas to be passed from one man to the other and paved the way for schools and media.

www.fecha.org...

The information above is no "Secret" and I would hope that the readers of this "Example" I put to this thread, don't take it as a bash or condemnation of religion, it is an example of how thing's were conceived until this very day by all who have investigated by any media of any nature, as you can see, the advent was quite "Impressionable" upon all walks of life. Though we have advanced to the computer age, it still remains as a source of information, whether it be the right or the wrong answers, you will find something that supports your points of views and beliefs, and to me, that is why it is so important to "Question" myself and "My" way of thinking before making it a either "Botched" or Accepted" reality. It truly is the power of ones mind that procures it's eventual reality by action of thought and perception.

I haven't a clue of the possibilities of how or what it would take "At this very moment" anyway , to change the skeptics or the naysayers views, but I do know that , with the critical and circumstantial "Now" is not relevant to such individuals of things such as this.

I truly hope that something does happen to validate the UFO phenomenon for the multitudes, but, as I have been trying to get across with my discussions with you, "I think it is a Pipe-Dream" at this time and moment of it becoming a reality for the planet."

Even the discovery of "Ancient Egypt" didn't come without the "Evidence" of the actual existence of its cultural findings and slowly but surely unveiling of how their culture and the heritage would effect our current thoughts and respects as we do today.

[ext]http://www.egyptologyonline.com/great_discoveries.htm[/ext]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Even if aliens did land en masse, I'd still be on the internet forums denying it.

I'd deny to the bitter end something that is Obviously a Government conspiracy to implement a New World Order.

Aliens won't be landing anytime soon - they are happy to zip around at low altitudes and victimize us with technology from a distance. Who wants to bothered with the 'monkey with nukes' out on the lip of the galaxy....

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hello,

A visual multi-witnessed landing. Followed by a their exiting from the ship, ..something like that..

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by thetruthhurts78

What if they took photos themselves with cameras donated by us of things that no human could possibly take photos of?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I am seriously amazed and annoyed at the fantastic narrow-mindedness and general imagination limits here....

Independance day here, independance day there, TV here, TV there, etc.

Now, seriously... Independance day?
LOL ROFLMAO
What a stupid movie! What a really stupid movie!! And everybody thinks "oh yeah if it were like in that movie, i'd believe"...
Those ships are huge because they HAVE to be huge! Anything else would not make a good movie! Come on, it's only a desire for fantastic things! If alien intelligent life exists, it may just as well be "modest" and simple, even though technologically far beyond what we imagine. Why does it have to be big? Because THAT is scary... Nobody would go watch a movie about small aliens that are totally harmless. Just kids. But maybe indeed kids are righter than we are!

Let me state a few things:
1. Life is NOT movies or TV. 99% or people who watch TV are not just enjoying a show: they are being brainwashed, hypnotized. They are letting themselves fall into the sheepy spectator state. You are not an actor, even less a role in a success movie! Open your eyes, and decide for yourself.
2. 100% of what is shown on TV is filtered. What do you think? And you think that, because some major event, whatever it is, linked to ET's, will be shown on TV that people will believe? Seriously...
3. It is NOT a matter of believing anyway: it is a matter of accepting.

There will never be an absolute proof. Why?
Because a first part of the population believes that ET, Independance Day, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, ..., are movies that are "based on facts", i.e. part of a plan to let the world know. And then indeed, when the world will really know, those people will realize that reality is not on the bloody screen of a theater! Those blinded persons will need a movie show to "prove them", not even reality! It's easier to live in a dream...
And because another part of the population refuses to believe anything that's linked to ET's. It's impossible, ridicule, etc. And those ones will shout "hoax, staged, faked, CGI, etc.". And there is no way to make those persons change their narrow mind.
And also, because a huge part of the population of this earth does not even know that we are on a planet that's (almost) spherical, called Earth (in english) and that we're just one small, very very tiny, grain of matter in a universe that's vast beyond human comprehension. They don't even know why it's day or night, let alone they'll accept an ET life as a common fact!

The proof is here already. There are millions of absolute proof. They just cannot be proof for everybody, because the humans are tainting their own mind with stupidity when they are in a position to be able to gain knowledge. Those who cannot have access to education are quite obviously let apart of the world.

That was my rant for the day

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by plainmike

I like your idea, like for instance, photographing the solar system from far away, or simply a view of the stars from a different point in the galaxy: that would show us another perspective! Imagine that we would see, say, Orion stars, but in a completely different shape in the panorama? That would have to be made from another place, some place that we cannot reach indeed...

However... There will still be people to shout "fake"... Thanking a lot the Photoshop era!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst
i consider myself to be rather skeptical when it comes to the unknown. raised catholic and attending catholic school i questioned catholicism vigorously and never found the answers i needed to believe. my education on alien life proved equally mysterious with equally fruitless validation. that is until crop circles.

once i looked into crop circles, any doubt of alien existence that i had was gone. crop circles tell me that aliens exist. i don't know how else they can possibly be explained? hearing so called respectable scientists try to explain their doubts only further solidifies my belief.

so, if crop circles don't do it, anything short of aliens going door to door introducing themselves, hasn't got a chance.

jz

That's a good point. I think only 5% of crop circles are ever explained or claimed. There are definitely some circles that seem legitimate out there.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
I am seriously amazed and annoyed at the fantastic narrow-mindedness and general imagination limits here....

Independance day here, independance day there, TV here, TV there, etc.

Now, seriously... Independance day?
LOL ROFLMAO
What a stupid movie! What a really stupid movie!! And everybody thinks "oh yeah if it were like in that movie, i'd believe"...
Those ships are huge because they HAVE to be huge! Anything else would not make a good movie! Come on, it's only a desire for fantastic things! If alien intelligent life exists, it may just as well be "modest" and simple, even though technologically far beyond what we imagine. Why does it have to be big? Because THAT is scary... Nobody would go watch a movie about small aliens that are totally harmless. Just kids. But maybe indeed kids are righter than we are!

Well, I guess they have to make them the 'bad guys' now. Hollywood seems to be caught up in that now. Aliens always seem bad nowadays. Of course, I just watched The Day The Earth Stood Still which is more of a good alien/ bad alien thing. Maybe ET will phone us again, hopefully using Verizon to avoid those dead zones. Of course Sprint has the Now Network which is pretty sweet and gives AT&T a run for the money...

[edit on 26-12-2008 by Graphix10]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Graphix10

for me, the physical evidence is impossible to ignore. the nodes, soil differentials, growth differences, as well as intricate details. people dismiss this phenomenon way too easily and fail to look close enough. this is the result of an extremely effective effort by those benefiting from circles being a hoax.

boards with ropes, flashlights and other objects found near sites are at the forefront of hoax conspiracy when, if you think for a second, this confounding evidence may very well be planted? it would be much easier for pro-hoaxers to contaminate legitimate crop circles than to recreate them. especially since modern circles, including all their intricacies, cannot be mimicked. this is a fact! of the several recreation studies none i have seen can show this to be possible.

for anyone to deny them, THIS MUST BE EXPLAINED! those who believe it a hoax, WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THIS? please don't take this the wrong way. i'm not preaching, i sincerely want to understand this.

jz

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
There are only two forms of evidence would qualify as proof undeniable of UFO/ET reality. First, is a piece or a component of an alien craft that displays exotic properties such as unknown elements or technologies that demonstrably could not have been developed by human beings. Second, is an alien body living or dead displaying unique biological properties. Even an official presidential disclosure would not satisfy many aspects of society without either of these two forms of physical evidence to supply appropriate credence.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

I'm not often on ATS nor any forum for that matter and have dipped in and out a bit with this thread but just want to inform everyone that solid, incontravertible PROOF of alien life on this planet ALREADY EXISTS and not just in secret underground government bunkers, it's already in the public domain.

So why are relatively so few people as yet aware of this, q.e.d.?? Well what hasn't happened as yet is that this discovery/information which dates back a number of years has not been given any serious coverage in the MSM (mainstream press & media) although all the details are readily available on line. And another factor is that a programme of laboratory testing needs completing in order to finally persuade the scientific community.

This will happen in 2009 and the genie will then be well and truly out of the bottle. The proof of alien life to which I'm referring is to be the subject of a mainstream TV documentary programme, in the context of possibly all kinds of other classified info being released into the public domain as of Obama's inauguration, as Stephen Bassett has predicted.

In other words yes, 2009 WILL be the year of Disclosure and things from that point will never be the same on this planet, fasten your seatbelts everyone!

So get ahead of the action and visit www.starchildproject.com.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join