It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levi Johnston's mom arrested on drug charges

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Levi Johnston's mom arrested on drug charges

www.msnbc.msn.com

Johnston is the father of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's future grandson

The mother of Levi Johnston, the 18-year-old boyfriend of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's teenage daughter, has been arrested on drug charges, the Anchorage Daily News reported Friday.

Sherry L. Johnston, 42, has been charged with six felony counts of misconduct, the newspaper reported.

Palin's spokesman, Bill McAllister, issued this statement: "This is not a state government matter...."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I bet the Governor's office doesn't want to comment. They probably just wish the whole thing would go away. I doubt it will.

Thank God Sarah Palin was not elected to national office. Alaska politics may be even more corrupt than DC politics.

I remember watching the Colbert show a couple months back and they were interviewing the current mayor of Wasilla. She was asked what was notable about Wasilla. She answered that it was "the meth capitol of Alaska." What drug would be more in demand in the "Land of the Midnight Sun?"

Like Robert Service wrote in "the Cremation of Sam Magee", "There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold. The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold. The northern lights have seen queer sights, but the strangest they ever did see...."

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Frankly I don't really see how this is pertinent.

Some kid who knocked up the Gov's daughter has a Mother who apparently has some drug problems?

Yeah? And?

As much as I don't like Palin, this has nothing to do with her. Unless of course mommy gets a gov pardon or something.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Unfortunately the article did not mention the substance she was arrested for possessing. Anybody have any further info?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm not implying guilt by association, or that Sarah Palin is a meth head. I am sure that the two women know each other, though.

Pertinent to what? The woman in question is soon to be Governor Palin's daughter's mother-in-law. That is a close family association, and it doesn't look good to have her busted for drugs two days before the baby is due.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I'm not implying guilt by association, or that Sarah Palin is a meth head. I am sure that the two women know each other, though.

Pertinent to what? The woman in question is soon to be Governor Palin's daughter's mother-in-law. That is a close family association, and it doesn't look good to have her busted for drugs two days before the baby is due.

No it doesn't look good... for the mother.

So the boys mother has a disease.... and?

I'm sorry but this just doesn't have any reflection on the GOV. I mean seriously.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Troopers served the warrant at Johnston's home at the "conclusion of an undercover narcotics investigation," said a statement issued Thursday by the troopers as part of the normal daily summary of activity around the state.

Troopers charged Johnston with second-degree misconduct involving a controlled substance -- generally manufacturing or delivering drugs -- as well as fourth-degree misconduct involving controlled substances, or possession.

Troopers released no other information, including the kind or amount of drugs, because details could jeopardize an ongoing investigation, spokeswoman Megan Peters said.

source

No info on what kind of narcotics in this story from the Anchorage Daily news.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I agree that drug addiction is a disease. You can't deny that the two women are closely connected through their children, either. No matter how you slice it, it doesn't reflect well on Sarah Palin or the Alaska Governor's office.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think the ONLY conspiracy here would be if Palin was trying to cover this up and get the charges dropped or interfere with investigations, etc.

I dont see how this would have ANY negative affect on Palin. Just because it is her future son-n-law's mother, doesnt mean they have any relationship.

Regardless this is very sad for Levi. Having a mother involved in this is NOT an easy thing to live with. I feel bad for him.

I guess we will have to see how this pans out. Wish I was still in Alaska, I could maybe get some more local info.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This has absolutely nothing to do with anything. This is yet another cheap attempt to smear a woman who has nothing to do with national politics anymore.

And of course the governor's office doesn't want to comment, because it really does have nothing to do with the office.

Geeze.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Troopers released no other information, including the kind or amount of drugs, because details could jeopardize an ongoing investigation, spokeswoman Megan Peters said.

You might want to wait and see what the ongoing investigation turns up before you close the book on the conspiracy angle.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Oh, please. This is news, and it involves Gov. Palin's extended family. Sherry Johnston stood on the stage with Mrs. Palin after her speech at the GOP Convention.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Risingand it involves Gov. Palin's extended family.

Yes, but not governor Palin herself.

This is almost as bad as the smears against Obama for his pastor, his friends, his real estate buddy, his brother. etc..

It's guilt by association, whether you admit it or not, that's what the angle is.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

You are entitled to your opinion. This is a news story about criminal activity involving a person who has a close personal connection to a public figure who has recently been in the public spotlight. Sarah Palin isn't guilty of anything Sherry Johnston has done.

I'm not trying to smear Sarah Palin. I am very glad she wasn't elected Vice President of the United States. I don't think she is fit for the office. I have my doubts she is fit to be Governor of Alaska, too. It makes me wonder what kind of political leverage she has. That's all.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Did you have any doubts before her selection as a VP candidate? Back when nobody knew who she was and Alaska was chugging right along very efficiently?

Somehow I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Oh, Alaska was chugging along very efficiently, was it? I don't think so. When someone steps into the national spotlight, they are subject to scrutiny. That is a given. Its called vetting.

This is another interesting tidbit.

Palin’s Pipeline Problem

— Instead of creating a process that would attract many potential builders, Palin slanted the terms away from an important group - the global energy giants that own the rights to the gas.

— Despite promises and legal guidance not to talk directly with potential bidders, Palin had meetings or phone calls with nearly every major candidate, including TransCanada.

— The leader of Palin's pipeline team had been a partner at a lobbying firm where she worked on behalf of a TransCanada subsidiary. Also, that woman's former business partner at the lobbying firm was TransCanada's lead private lobbyist on the pipeline deal, interacting with legislators in the weeks before the vote to grant TransCanada the contract. Plus, a former TransCanada executive served as an outside consultant to Palin's pipeline team.

source

Chugging along very efficiently? I'd call it business as usual.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Who the hell is Levi Johnston? The what of the who of Sarah Palin? WHY IS THIS CRAP ON ATS?!?

Those were my thoughts while discovering what this thread was about and the identity of Levi Johnston.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

Because there may be a conspiracy to manufacture and/or distribute drugs behind the arrest of Sherry Johnston, that's why. She's connected to a public figure that has recently been in the national spotlight, that's why. Because it is conspiracy related news, that's why.

Not every conspiracy is of earth shattering importance, you know. Now, please stop trolling my thread.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Alaska lost so big in this election. It was once a respectable State.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have to agree with others. This story is just stupid. It has nothing to do with nothing.

Next headline:

"Sarah Palin's husband's mother's friend's cousin's nephew's sister's dog was hit by a car today"

Really...

If Sarah Palin gets involved and tries to intervene in the criminal proceedings, then you've got a story. But until then...so what? I'm sure if you looked hard enough and went down the line of family and friends long enough, you'd see that just about EVERYONE is connected to a criminal in such a loose, insignificant way.

OP, you shouldn't get so defensive. People are merely commenting on the pointlessness of the article, not that you posted it. Unless you wrote the article I don't see why you have that emotion invested in it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join