It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Career Army officer sues Rumsfeld, Cheney, saying no evacuation order given on 9/11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Career Army officer sues Rumsfeld, Cheney, saying no evacuation order given on 9/11

rawstory.com

A career Army officer who survived the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, claims that no evacuation was ordered inside the Pentagon, despite flight controllers calling in warnings of approaching hijacked aircraft nearly 20 minutes before the building was struck.

Gallop also says she heard two loud explosions, and does not believe that a Boeing 757 hit the building. Her son sustained a serious brain injury, and Gallop herself was knocked unconscious after the roof collapsed onto her office.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Wow, cool. Breaking 911 news on two fronts- the suit on Cheney/Rumsfeld AND new testimony from someone who was there that they heard two explosions, and does not believe that a 757 hit the pentagon!

Suit on Cheney/Rumsfeld:

No chance imo, because at that point it was a military action while we were under attack, lol, even if it WAS by themselves.

If suits were allowed like this, then all the families of the dead in Iraq etc. would sue the US government for the losses of their kids lives.

More interesting might be that she heard two explosions at the pentagon. And that implies "together" not apart.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-12-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Wow, great find! star and flag for anything that has to do with cheney/rumsfeld getting screwed and 9/11 truth. I hope something comes of this. Even if it is just making some people question the official story.

It's no surprise though that no evacuation was ordered (even though they told us it was ordered) when they also could've shot down two of the planes but decided to stand down and let them hit their targets.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Total Reality]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This ought to be fun to watch!

Let's see how far this goes, shall we? Perhaps no suit can be brought.... perhaps it can. Hopefully the lawyers involved are up to the task.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It won't get too far. Everything will be sealed in the interest of National Security and the lawyers will have a hard time trying to get security clearance.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This story isn't really that big of a deal unless they get into the discovery process. If so then it would be a huge deal.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Star and flag.
I really think this isn't going to lead anywhere as nothing really has.Having the law on your side doesn't really work out in real life.Its kinda like religion.LOL
First hand knowledge is a good find to me in that she was there and has opinions based on experience.
No offence to the religious people here.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Family members can sue the government, it's just the soldiers who can't.
Besides, the article states:

On behalf of retired Army officer April Gallop, California attorney William Veale has filed a civil suit against former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld...

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Carlthulhu]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Alright, so forget the suit for a minute, what about these two explosions.

From the Suit:

Instead, just when plaintiff turned on her computer — for an urgent document-clearing job she was directed by her supervisor to rush and begin, as soon as she arrived at work, without dropping her baby off at child care until she was finished — a huge explosion occurred, and at least one more that she heard and felt, and flames shot out of the computer. Walls crumbled, the ceiling fell in, and she was knocked unconscious. When she came to, terrified and in pain, she found the baby close by, picked him up, and, with other survivors caught in the area, made her way through rubble, smoke and dust towards daylight, which was showing through an open space that now gaped in the outside wall. When she reached the outside she collapsed on the grass; only to wake up in a hospital some time later.

It has long been theorized that part of that wall came down because of explosives in the Pentagon, in addition to the "missile" to quote Cheney, that hit the outside. Maybe this is corroboration.

And I am very curious as to what document she was ordered to clear, urgently!

And what about these flames shooting out from the computer? Huge power surge on impact? Or thermate in her machine, seeing as there is evidence that records destruction may have been one motive?

A lot of curious things here.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Excuse me?

Why would an evacuation order of the Pentagon come from the "Vice President"? It wouldn't, it's not his call to make. So, the lawsuit will go nowhere.

The suit is coming from a former Army officer? Geez, don't they teach the chain of command anymore? Maybe it's good that this guy isn't an Army officer anymore.

I would also like to point out that the people at the FAA and NORAD were thinking that the incoming planes target was the Capitol building, so why would they evacuate the Pentagon?

What if they had evacuated the Capitol? What if the pilot of the highjacked plane saw all these people lined up on the Mall and at the last moment plowed his plane into them?

This is what is called hindsight.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I would like to point out that people who have suffered severe trauma don't always remember things correctly. Also, she was unconscious twice during the whole thing. So, she missed a lot of what really went on.

I think that her lawyer is a scumbag trying to make a name for himself at her expense. There is no case here. Cheney is not in the chain of command and Rumsfeld was also in his Pentagon office. To believe that Rumsfeld deliberately endangered himself as well as the Pentagon staff is laughable.

And so I laugh.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This will be interesting. Here's some evidence of Cheney's negligence. If she gets more good evidence like this, she may have a case because they knew what was going on and deliberately did nothing to stop it.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Yep. Good point, and thanks for posting that clip. Even Minetta knew something was up, because of his comment on the SIGNIFICANCE, in a later, larger context, of Cheney's order to stand down. The plane was coming at them, he knew it, ordered stand down and did nothing to protect the people in the building. Well maybe that's because he wasn't worried about HIS part of the building.

edit: In light of that, is what I am saying, you might be right and there really IS a case here, with their own evidence to be used against them. But I think they need to do some work on the suit itself. I could see how some of the language could be objectionable.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

I can see you didn't read the posts. Your "GUY" officer is a woman.
Oh, you finally got it right in your subsequent posts

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
And here's one example of what I mean by some things need to be rewritten:

5. Whatever way the bombing of the Pentagon was accomplished, however, and whatever else may or may not have been done by defendants to facilitate the hijackings that day, it is clear the defendant top commanders would have had and did have, at a profound minimum, enough foreknowledge, on that day and in the intelligence information they received beforehand, to have sounded a warning in time for plaintiff and others to evacuate the building, and thereby avoid much if not all the death and injury which occurred.

In the end, more than half an hour passed after flight controllers first sounded the alert on Flight 77, while all concerned were fully aware of the suicide crashes in New York; plenty of time for the Pentagon to be evacuated. ‘Top gun’ jet fighter-interceptors under defendants’ command, available with time to spare, were not summoned; and the people in the building, including plaintiff and her infant, were not warned.

This was the result of unlawful conspiracy among these highest-level commanders, and others, who acted knowingly and intentionally to have the Pentagon attacked or to allow it to be attacked, without warning, with deliberate indifference to and in reckless and callous disregard for the fundamental constitutional and human rights of plaintiff and her child, and many other people, dead, injured and bereaved.

A powerful argument, but what I put in bold is incorrect; fighters were summoned. It's just sloppy, for a lawsuit that is. But certainly makes for some good reading.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest
This story isn't really that big of a deal unless they get into the discovery process. If so then it would be a huge deal.

This is a HUGE deal.

This is testimony that verifies, along with the recent NIST report, that these so called "nut job" "conspiracy theory" 9/11 truthers are on to something, and have been. I realize there are people who will NEVER consider that 9/11 was anything but a bunch of crazy, radical Muslims who hates everything American. But this is proof there is so much more to the story than we know, and the "theories" that are floating around hold more weight than the "God Bless America, kill all those worthless Arabs, it's okay if we torture and kill them" group.

With that being said, this case will get squashed and get squashed hard. You're not going to hear a bit about this in the MSM.

But little by little, by action, not words, we will learn more and more. I look forward to the day when every single person that defends what we did/are doing to the Muslim world will be faced with the absolute truth.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Wow,someone a retired Army officer no less is trying to hold Cheney and Rumsfeld responsible for 911,the fact that this suit has not gotten squashed just yet is shocking to me of course I fully expect the flag wavers and believers of the official theory to claim this is all an attempt to defame and extort "our" Vice-President and Secretary of Defense.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Facts will come out that will sustantiate it all but it will be made to look foolish and the lawyers will be made to look like idiots and so on and so forth until it is swept under the carpet and looks like another stupid conspiracy theory!
The government will always win - they have ALL the power and resources!!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
If it actually came to a trial (which I highly doubt it will due to the sensitive nature of it all) chances are a settlement would be reached and who knows they could offer them 1 billion dollars to keep their mouth shut, that's assuming they have got something here the govt. doesn't want in the public eye.

Not to mention it would be the perfect time to make pay-offs as the economy is so messed up no one would even bat an eyelash at a measly billion.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Great News! Let's hope we can build some momentum with the public!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join