It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Economy : The Philosopher's Stone

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

"When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads."

This is the best video I have seen in years. It is truly frightening how accurate he was and just watch the whole thing and see exactly how its headed!

This is a case of my fellow countrymen having their eyes wide shut!

I love Mc Cain and Obamas Replies
Also some networks are finally admitting their arrogance!

I love the reference to China's stake in our economy.
Say goodbye to the Dollar and say hello to The Amero

[edit on 16-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hindsight is 20/20 for those who failed to listen to the warnings of people like Ron Paul and David Walker.

"I would argue that the most serious threat to the United States is not someone hiding in a cave in Afghanistan or Pakistan but our own fiscal irresponsibility,"

www.cbsnews.com...

Our politicians have known for the longest that we were headed down this road and chose to continue traveling down the road of collapse. Now I fear it is too late to rebound. America is too dependent on government and government will continue to feed the habit. Slowly but truly the cash creek will dry up and government will no longer be in a position to help anybody. What was once Almighty might soon turn into a distance memory.

I think this song best describes my emotion of where we are headed. If I had only known how the king would fall.....

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-12-2008 by jam321]

[edit on 16-12-2008 by jam321]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Amazing video. It's all there...nicely summed up in a brief 10 minute video. Two men treated as nut cases by the media and others proved to be right.

I loved the comments Peter Schiff made about an American's job being consuming food. It makes absolute sense. We consume everything and make nothing. The world doesn't need to keep propping us up. They can prop themselves up and leave us to starve if they wanted to.

This is very serious...and a definite eye opener to anyone who may not have seen this before.

Edit: Starred and Flagged.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by David9176]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

What was once Almighty might soon turn into a distance memory.

I believe that you are right. America's time in the sun is nearing it's end. It's scary to think of what may come to pass. Is there anyone out there that sees a way out of this? I mean something that could quickly stop the bleeding? I see nothing but politicians spending more money. It's sad...just sad.

Also....i'd like to add a song that you may or may not have heard. It's called Devour by Shinedown. It was written for President Bush.

Part of lyric:

Devour Devour
Suffocate your own empire
Devour Devour It's your final hour
Devour Devour
Stolen like a foreign soul
Devour Devour
What a way to go

link: uk.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Excellent video. The Ron Paul campain was really just the beginning. I was into it all the way went door to door, waved signs, donated, organized and even I'm surprised they predicted all this to the letter. I have no words to describe Peter Schiff simply amazing. I was watching that video just now saying to myself "I didn't know... I didn't know..." As much as I thought I knew to be honest I didn't know, and I was tuned in much more than the average american.

Very sobering, but disillusioning. The average american could spend their whole life studying economics and never have the understanding of Schiff and Paul... So how can we ever overcome this?

I may not understand the intricacies of economics but it's starting to make more sense, but the constitution is something anyone can look to for guidance. I just don't know.

As for the Ron Paul revolution. It's not over we are reorganizing our new group to carry on in my area for one, this will be achieved within days. There is something about these guys that just makes you want to do something, something meaningful and rational.

edit: listen to Cavuto give Ron credit where it's due. I will always respect him for that.

Also, Schiff seems to come to his conclusions without the constitution, very powerful. The constitution is like the answer book but he refuses to use it.. and still gets it right.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Novise]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

listen to Cavuto give Ron credit where it's due. I will always respect him for that.

I watch Cavuto quite a bit. He comes on usually right after i get home from work. He's against all this bailout nonsense. I actually watched that interview he had with Mr. Paul live. Cavuto usually sticks it to congressmen and anyone looking for a bailout. I love it. He has actually interviewed Ron Paul many times. I think he believes in some of what RP has been trying to get across to everyone.

I don't trust our government to fix this. Our leaders need to listen to these two men...or we NEED to make them our leaders.

We wanted change..but people voted in the wrong guy for it and then voted in the same people who voted for the bailout. I hope that we did not seal our fate with this mistake.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

I think this song best describes my emotion of where we are headed. If I had only known how the king would fall.....

I think of that post about the Titanic.

Going down with party music!

[edit on 17-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wow seriously that video gave me chills. I mean really it gave me chills. S & F I love Peter Schiff and Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Simply amazing that both Ron and Peter where (literally) laughed off the stage, insulted to their face, ridiculed, made fun of and treated like traitors...

And they turn out to be the only two who spoke the truth.

It honestly is frightening to see where this country is heading.. more so for those of my generation, just out of school and to be shouldering this burden .. I am quite convinced we are in the last era of of the American Empire. Financially, militarially, and culturally..

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Same thing here. It's like I thought I understood and now it seems I don't understand a darn thing. I'm starting to think that these two will never be outdone.

And people still mock and dismiss/scoff at them. How can they possibly do that anymore? After this?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Simply amazing that both Ron and Peter where (literally) laughed off the stage, insulted to their face, ridiculed, made fun of and treated like traitors...

And they turn out to be the only two who spoke the truth.

It honestly is frightening to see where this country is heading.. more so for those of my generation, just out of school and to be shouldering this burden .. I am quite convinced we are in the last era of of the American Empire. Financially, militarially, and culturally..

Yup So who picks up the ball? Russia? China? Or do we go into some sort of Dark Ages like when the Roman Empire fell. What wasnt in the video is when Peter Schiff was called Anti American by Charles Payne from Wstreet.com. Yes I did email him and got this response....

Whoever you are please stop sending me e-mails. I have no interest in watching your video or hearing what you have to say. STOP wasting my time. Its very important. I've got lots of clients i'm making tons of money. TOO bad you are too stupid to be on of them.

BTW anyone wanted to let Mr Payne know how you feel have fun

[email protected]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Wow seriously that video gave me chills. I mean really it gave me chills. S & F I love Peter Schiff and Ron Paul.

It did for me as well. I actually had to watch it again. It was put together very well. I'm going to email the link to this vid to people i know. This is better than just a regular interview. It has some power to it. Who knows...maybe this could finally wake some people up.

Also...flag this puppy everyone!!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Yup So who picks up the ball? Russia? China? Or do we go into some sort of Dark Ages like when the Roman Empire fell. What wasnt in the video is when Peter Schiff was called Anti American by Charles Payne from Wstreet.com. Yes I did email him and got this response....

History shows us the way on this one..

Every time in Human history a new "great" civilization emerges (defined by individualized persona of military, culture, customs, typically ethnicity but not always) there is a "technological" explosion. With it, almost always came a surge in military and economic power, increased standards of living, and innovations once thought impossible.

Every time in Human history, the civilization hits a climax of power.. it's culture spreads as far as it can, it's economic influence stretched, it's military at every corner of the empire..

Every time some form of dysfunction within the centralized government, or the system of most influence, is the leading cause of collapse. No major civilization's empire collapsed directly through outside force. (World Power) ..

Every time this happens, and the civilization in question declines, it is always followed by a period of stagnation, deflation, war, chaos, disorder and various forms of imperialism (economic, land, wealth) ..

Every time. I challange anyone to name a World Power in history that's decline did not lead to such.

Greece
Rome
England
France
China
Japan

List goes on. America cannot be "replaced" (for lack of a better word) because in order to do so it would willingly have to concede that it is no longer a major world player.. something that has never happened before. Something I doubt that would.. In other words, someone would have to take it from us, even if it's on the way down.

Next World Super Power? .. China has a lot of producers.... but give it 20 yrs and it will have twice as many Consumers as America.

[email protected]

Man, that guy's a prick lol .. very immature response.. Honestly, shows the intellect of the people we are supposed to trust to tell us what's goin on eh?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

History shows us the way on this one..

Every time in Human history a new "great" civilization emerges (defined by individualized persona of military, culture, customs, typically ethnicity but not always) there is a "technological" explosion. With it, almost always came a surge in military and economic power, increased standards of living, and innovations once thought impossible.

Every time in Human history, the civilization hits a climax of power.. it's culture spreads as far as it can, it's economic influence stretched, it's military at every corner of the empire..

Every time some form of dysfunction within the centralized government, or the system of most influence, is the leading cause of collapse. No major civilization's empire collapsed directly through outside force. (World Power) ..

Every time this happens, and the civilization in question declines, it is always followed by a period of stagnation, deflation, war, chaos, disorder and various forms of imperialism (economic, land, wealth) ..

Every time. I challange anyone to name a World Power in history that's decline did not lead to such.

Greece
Rome
England
France
China
Japan

List goes on. America cannot be "replaced" (for lack of a better word) because in order to do so it would willingly have to concede that it is no longer a major world player.. something that has never happened before. Something I doubt that would.. In other words, someone would have to take it from us, even if it's on the way down.

Next World Super Power? .. China has a lot of producers.... but give it 20 yrs and it will have twice as many Consumers as America.

Eventually of course someone replaces or carries the torch but that doesnt mean its going to be right away. Once again after the Romans fell the dark ages came about till the next powers were created like the English Empire. When the American empire comes to an end which it looks to me like we are hanging on by a string who and when will take it over.

America can be replaced just not in our eyes. Think of France on this one. Remember how France thought for many years it was still a player because of Napoleon and De Gaulle? The Soviet Union fell without a wimper also so empires dont always fall because of war. Some fall because the floor collapses from bellow them as history has shown.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

[email protected]

Spams all his friends with the address

It really gets me going when I mention Ron Paul and get all kinds of people who say " Who"?

I just want to scream

Sheople!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I am above and beyond sick and tired of hearing countless politicians howling over creating jobs.

America produced, manufactured, and labored hard for little pay- and then, when was it? about twenty years ago those politicians cut tremendous tax breaks and incentives for businesses to ship jobs overseas?

We turned into a consumer country because they SENT a vast majority of jobs to other countries.

Now they're howling for- isn;t this rich- for companies to create jobs! Why the hell would they create jobs here? I don;t recall menial laborers demanding their work to be sent overseas to countries where child labor laws are non-existant and people are forced to work for a quarter a day without lunch or bathroom breaks.

Talk about orchestrated! This country would be thriving otherwise.
And that, I'm positive, is why we're now a country of DELIBERATE consumers.

Ron Paul very likely could've been our last chance, but we will never know.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Glad you guys enjoyed it, wish I had better quality clips so I could have made a high def version. But I think it turned out ok.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

Great work, aravoth! Excuse a technical question, but what editing software did you use to make the video? And convert/scan the source clips? Thanks!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
Glad you guys enjoyed it, wish I had better quality clips so I could have made a high def version. But I think it turned out ok.

Hey thanks great video good attention to detail and right on!

Anything else coming down the pike?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Great vid
but it is sad to say that no matter how much you show the American public what is going on they will do little or nothing about it

I personally don't know what would motivate people into getting off the arm chair and stop watching football and get your government to do some thing for the people who live in your country

Keep up the great work aravoth

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join