It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Economy : The Philosopher's Stone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
SPEC-TAC-U-LAR!

to all those genius' out there...

where...where...where... are you now?

how do you feel for voting vor your money and your economy to be turned into horse maneur?

I know, Obama isn't in yet..blah, blah, blah...though he has already, along with all his constituents, created more damage than he will ever be able to fix...by doing his job in the senate...if he had any balls he would have voted against that bailout...then what anyone say? he would have gotten more votes! he would be inniocent!..but noooooo. no way..

know why? because he will be and has been manipulated just like the last 7 presidents have been...

Only time and a serious, serious situation will fix this b.s.

good job people..well done...this is our fault...better know that.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by northof8

My point here is this melt down started in the early 90's. After Bush was elected he spent billions more on a war that the king makers know would help bankrupt this country.

To me it just seems too engineered to be an accident. Its the one world order and we are being led by the wolf in sheep's clothing. No one party is to blame here. Clinton, Bush and Obama are all part of the same plan.

I believe this started way before that, I agree he did his part in this mess.

For some insight watch the video I posted earlier on this page.

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso

So again I would dare to ask, who is really responsible for what is happening here?

Every Empire needs to ask themselves this question I'll post a link that will clarify this.

Originally posted by Fatality

Every empire meets his downfall sooner or later...i just hope this is not the case for us. Not yet at least.

Sadly it might be sooner than we thought possible. The real question is where do we go from here?

Originally posted by orderedchaos

America produced, manufactured, and labored hard for little pay- and then, when was it? about twenty years ago those politicians cut tremendous tax breaks and incentives for businesses to ship jobs overseas?

We turned into a consumer country because they SENT a vast majority of jobs to other countries.

Exactly! Here is a link to another thread I posted it should explain better whats been happening.

U.S. Economy and Financial System Bankrupt -- What's next?

[edit on 17-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
there is no way to avoid what is coming. we were all waiting for a ron paul to step foward and publicly educate americans on what it is that our gov is doing, and who we are becoming. do you know what happened when he did? i heard things like, "oh, ron paul is to radical, i like some of his ideas but he is to much, he wants to eliminate the fed rsv, he should tone it down some". there you have it right there. my parents along with all the other americans were so scared of insurgents and the economy they just wanted someone who they thought would watch their back our countries back and our money. they thought that was mccain. the others were wanting new hope, change, and an understanding of what to do in this time of crisis. so somehow they gave them obama. a shady character who rose to the heights of chicago business, in a short time, all the while leaving very little traces of who the man is and what he did.

but talking about which candidate is bad or whatever is completely pointless in the grand scheme of it all. this is a plan hundreds of years old and we are close to seeing it realized. just look at the pieces on the board. ofcourse its no coincidence. but even if we had been aware there is nothing we could have done. this isnt a movie. the bad guys are smart, capable, and evil. there are no good guys. not in the right places atleast.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
America produced, manufactured, and labored hard for little pay- and then, when was it? about twenty years ago those politicians cut tremendous tax breaks and incentives for businesses to ship jobs overseas?

We turned into a consumer country because they SENT a vast majority of jobs to other countries.

Exactly! Here is a link to another thread I posted it should explain better whats been happening.

U.S. Economy and Financial System Bankrupt -- What's next?

I have a good link to this also but it only deals with Wal-Mart's involvement in this and how they forced many businesses to either move abroad, or go bankrupt (Rubbermaid is probably the most notable casualty). This is a 5 part documentary by PBS and is quite informative. I was actually surprised to see PBS air something like this. The manner in which Wal-Mart does this almost seems deliberate to me, they will solicit you as a supplier, then you have to tremendously increase your production to meet their demand, then they dictate what you will sell your product to them for. It is impossible to say no at that point because they are between 80-90% of your business and you would go bankrupt by losing them, so you either move abroad to reduce labor costs or you go under.

Anyhow here is the link, it is in 5 parts, just click on one of the picture boxes to watch it.

www.pbs.org...

[edit on 12/17/2008 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
hey where is all the ron paul haters now,,,,, awful quite ehh????

who's the paultards now?????

we were the only one's realizing this man was right and where we were headed,,,, as usual mainstream america wakes up a couple days to late

and our gov't counts on this,,, when we realize how screwed we are,, it's way to late to do anything about it and the pockets are already filled and money's been looted

i will never ever regret and beam with pride,,, i voted ron paul!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Where to go from here? I believe that there is not much to be done now , as i see it, it's way too late. I believe that the last chance we would have had was with Ron Paul and he has been bashed and marginalized time after time with no proof whatsoever.

My oppinion is that the cards have already been drawn. Obama will be in charge for the next 4 years and as much as i would want to believe that he has any idea or plan in stopping the economic freefall ,i am afraid that nothing will happen .

I look around me on the street , i look around me at work , i look around me at college and i see no reaction whatsoever. I look in most of the people's eyes and i see ignorance , i don't see them realising truly in what were heading into.

Some don't realise that this is global and that many of other countries still depend on certain areas on USA. In the second they will realise that the situation in USA is hopeless and redirect their attention towards other superpowers such as Russia , China ...even Japan which has an incredible amount of money as we speak , everything in USA will collapse.

I always said this and correct me if i am wrong but if we continue on this road you will have total . TOTAL. chaos.

Many will say that they are scared and we must stop marshal law. Trust me that will never work as i seen in the country i used to live in before 1989. Revolutions take place and the people will always win.

But when that happens you will have hundred milion of people hungry, upset and hopeless in a country full of weapons and millitary devices that can literaly transform the world we know forever.

Just please do NOT forget that we are still in the freefall. And remember that every fall has it's bottom. I am scared of what will go on in the second when we will hit the ground.

Fatality.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Fatality]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumJunkie
Bush the far right? He spent money like a welfare mother on check day. That is not the way of the far right. Sure he cut some taxes but the skid marks in the American checkbook from the uber spending he did was not anything like far right. Far right would be cut taxes. Shrink the government, not spending like a mad man. It wasn't all on the war..Money went flying all over the place.

You are right about that. The reason so many Republicans abandoned Bush was because he became too liberal. Unfortunately so did the Republican Party as well.

The reason we are in the mess we are in today is because people have been taught by the left for the past fifty years that you don't need to be responsible because the government (or somebody) will be there to catch you when you fall due to that same irresponsibility. It's evident in every position they take on every issue.

We had a chance on November 4th to catch ourselves before well fall into the abyss but we didn't. We are really f*#cked now that the masses of ignorant morons selected a far left lunatic that is already making Bushes corruption look like a church bake sale.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Very true. I am afraid that as we speak the presidents and the parties are irrelevant. I believe that the persons to blame are the one that had the money of this country.

Getting money from other countries with no limit whatsoever and than giving away credits to persons and companies that will never pay anything back. We will have homeless houses and homeless people. People with no jobs and companies with no employers due to the fact that they cannot pay the employee.

Unless we start producing something really soon , we will fall hard.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Very true. I am afraid that as we speak the presidents and the parties are irrelevant. I believe that the persons to blame are the one that had the money of this country.

Getting money from other countries with no limit whatsoever and than giving away credits to persons and companies that will never pay anything back. We will have homeless houses and homeless people. People with no jobs and companies with no employers due to the fact that they cannot pay the employee.

I agree with most everything you say except for who is to blame.

The blame, my friend, lies with "We The People" but we left it get way too far out of hand. The sad thing is that it is going to take a brutal bloody war, a revolution that is, to change things for the better. Problems like we are facing now have never in recorded history been solved at the ballot box. These problems have, however, always been solved from the end of a rifle.

I don't remeber who it was but it was one of the Founders who said that every 10 years there should be a new revolution. We are more than 200 years past due.

It's not going to get better any other way. The people need to take back the country but the vast vast vast majority are in the tank for the establishment. We're doomed!

edit for spelling

[edit on 17-12-2008 by LiquidMirage]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Fatality

Well, what we really need is culture. A complete and total cultural redesign of society. The education system has to be less lenient. It has to promote independence in its students; it has to graduate those less competent. What we need is a population explosion, and increased competition in academia and business nationwide.

We need a global superhighway for flying cars, we need to invest in space exploration, we need to mine the moon and mars of its resources, and terraform them for future colonization.

I think we criticize Obama too much. He does have a few smart ideas. He's planning on building a massive national infrastructure for broadband communications. That could help spread information to the entire country, increase efficiency in farming, perhaps. Who knows the full extent of its implications... but it does seem rather significant. Increasing the amount and rate of granting research money is another thing that will definitely help technological innovation...

[edit on 17-12-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

I agree with most everything you say except for who is to blame.

The blame, my friend, lies with "We The People" but we left it get way too far out of hand. The sad thing is that it is going to take a brutal bloody war, a revolution that is, to change things for the better. Problems like we are facing now have never in recorded history been solved at the ballot box. These problems have, however, always been solved from the end of a rifle.

I don't remeber who it was but it was one of the Founders who said that every 10 years there should be a new revolution. We are more than 200 years past due.

It's not going to get better any other way. The people need to take back the country but the vast vast vast majority are in the tank for the establishment. We're doomed!

edit for spelling

[edit on 17-12-2008 by LiquidMirage]

The problem with "We the people" is that in my oppinion voting fails sooner or later due to the fact that the people that try to represent " We the people" lie and cheat us during the elections and do exactly the oposite of what they said they would do. That is exactly the perfect time " We the people" must react , but there is no reaction whatsoever. They lied , stole and cheated us for so long and NO ONE did anything . We just stood there , laughed and watched our own downfall on the big screen of life.

In these times i reached the conclusion that there are very very very few people that you can trust and vote to represent you . And those persons are those not shown by the media, are marginalized and laughed at by the persons WE chose before.

This won't be the end of US , i am sure of it but i am almost sure it is the end of the ones in charge .

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

Very true. And about Obama i DO want to believe that he will fix this .. or at least make things better , i just don't see any action as he is not in office yet. I hope he will take the right decisions because he is our last hope in this second as he is the next president of the United States Of America.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Fatality]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

reply to post by DrumJunkie

I fear Obama will drive up the national debt further by creating his own "civilian military" and turning that machine on us. One way or another they are in the same bed and both are on a mission to destroy this country.

why would you say that? what gives you any indication Obama wants to ruin us? I respectfully disagree.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

hAha!

Thanks for that email, this is going to be fun!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKARonco

reply to post by DrumJunkie

I fear Obama will drive up the national debt further by creating his own "civilian military" and turning that machine on us. One way or another they are in the same bed and both are on a mission to destroy this country.

why would you say that? what gives you any indication Obama wants to ruin us? I respectfully disagree.

I don't think he's out to ruin us, intentionally. That will just be the result of his economic actions.

His infrastructure rebuilding program is noble, but the Govt will have to borrow more money to accomplish that. We absolutely cannot spend our way out of this economic disaster. Spending is what got us into this mess!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrganizedChaos

His infrastructure rebuilding program is noble, but the Govt will have to borrow more money to accomplish that. We absolutely cannot spend our way out of this economic disaster. Spending is what got us into this mess!

Exactly!

Now rebuilding our educational infrastructure so that the next few generations will produce smarter engineers and better scientist would be harder on us short term but in the long run would make us more competitive.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

Yes. We are to be blamed to a degree. However, our representatives needs to keep in touch with us. Con Shays called in to the local radio stations each morning. We need to make it mandatory that our representatives at least in each state have websites where we can express our concerns and wishes. They just hide instead. You can't even get them on the phone unless you are somebody.

Peopl e don't bother to find out the issues before voting. This was the most racist election ever because people actually did vote by color. Also there was massive amounts of fraud on the part of the Obama campaign and he is not even a US citizen. Theres is massive proof that he is not. The FBI and CIA know it too!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
unfortunately, there are already counties that are telling teachers, both grade and college that they will have to work 5 days a week for 4 days pay.

Gonna be hard to make a better educational system when you ask the teachers to work for free.

I don't see education surviving the economic storm well at all

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The people in control of the money will decide what will happen, and so it will be.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by OrganizedChaos

Exactly!

Now rebuilding our educational infrastructure so that the next few generations will produce smarter engineers and better scientist would be harder on us short term but in the long run would make us more competitive.

I agree with that! I'd love to see us invest in Education.

But, there again, that requires us to borrow & spend MORE money! It's a vicious cycle.

Ultimately, the only way things will get better is when the Govt stops fiddling with the free market.

With the free-fall of the dollar lately: USDX Hyperinflation is right around the corner.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join