It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possession of other beings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Can you possess other beings?
I mean like taking control of their body and mind and make them do whatever you want.I saw a while back on the internet some discussions about this subject and it said that you can do this through astral projection.What are your thoughts about this ?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by haiducul69

you CAN posses other beings. however, you cannot make them do whatever you want. it's similar to hypnosis. they are very open to suggestion, but when it comes to something they strongly oppose, they will not comply.
example: you cannot posses a little old lady and make her kill somebody, the higher self bucks back.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
allahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think the whole idea is a load of rubbish. Far fetched ideas remain far fetched ideas until you have some kind of evidence to back them up. Until then... bleh.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well to be fair their is evidence to back them up much like their is evidence to back up aliens/ufo's but its whether the evidence Look plausible enough if they could believe it or not because even it something like a ufo sighting doesnt look good it doesnt mean it isnt the real thing

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

In a sense I would say you are right... which is why I worded it as "I think the idea is rubbish", rather than "This idea is rubbish". On the other hand, while there is no "hard" evidence as to UFOs and aliens, the sheer volume of those type of reports will tend to lend it some credibility. How many reports of possession via astral projection, etc. do you see? Not many I'm thinking. So while both are unproven, I think the one with the larger number of reports associated with it would have the better odds of being true. Much better odds in this case.

Again, this is also just my opinion, but its honest... and at least in some respects logical... or so I would like to think

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Resinveins]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
i like to think that anything is possible so like this subject of possestion i like to think well maybe it could be true and the same with ufos i like to think that they are real and yes they get a fair few more reports than astral projection

yes i sppose you are right their isnt really any hard evidence for both subjects just alot of not very good sources

anyway ive kinda strayed off of the subject and onto ufos
so the idea of possesion the only source i have to use here is what i have seen on youtube or in television because i havnt seen this kinda thing take place on person sadly

heres a video from youtube about derron brown anyone who hasnt heard of him before i really do erccomend looking for him and watching many of his videos now onto possesion this partuicular video isnt directly linked to possesion in a way he uses hypnosis to trick the person into doing what derron brown wants him to do e.g not seeing him making him invisible so in a way he is kinda possesing him and controlling what he is thinking.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Anti - Government]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I see that you guys strayed of a little or didn't understand.I was referring to the possibility of someone,through some astral/mental/psi method,to get control of another being,not persuasion or NLP techniques to make people do what you want.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by haiducul69
I see that you guys strayed of a little or didn't understand.I was referring to the possibility of someone,through some astral/mental/psi method,to get control of another being,not persuasion or NLP techniques to make people do what you want.

Not that it's been proved that I'm aware of in public, but according to what I've witnessed myself through 'advanced' remote viewing, it's been and being done. A biblical reference which is very similar is of the so-called watchers. It's my understanding these are not human or weren't originally.

Biblically, these people 'possessed' were referred to as mouthpieces and the Jesus figure also mentioned the hosts and the great hosts.

So, in that respect it could be good or evil intent/agenda.

One example is a person who says: "Why did I say that?" when they hadn't even thought about saying it in the first place. Others might say this is a split or alternate personality.

I've recalled having been pushed out of my own body when it was taken over by someone else and helplessly watching as ghost. It sounds like science fiction until you actually go through it.

Sorry to use biblical reference if it doesn't agree with you, but it does suggest this throughout history in some written form, even if the interpretations and origins are most likely wrong.

I have my suspicions that remote viewing itself is a deception and illusion to make others believe they are actually themselves the psychic source.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I've recalled having been pushed out of my own body when it was taken over by someone else and helplessly watching as ghost. It sounds like science fiction until you actually go through it.

Could you describe your experience for us?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It was enough to recall that much. Being a ghost or spirit is different from what I can recall camparing to physicality. Almost as if a little kid having that freedom and energy to run around. But, there's been mention of these spirits feeling cold or having low energy and not something I care to remember right now. It was frightening about the idea of not being in your body and it being hijacked was what we were both thinking about. Yeah, there was another person as well and she blamed it on me.

Here's a remote viewing site that might tell you more.

www.trvnews.com...

top topics

join