It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams, let's talk about them : Interpretations, lucidity, projection, obe's, precognition, etc

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The Pilot

I posted a differently worded version of this dream, but the moderators didn't approve it. The next day, someone else mentioned something similar. I don't know if they saw my unapproved post, or if it was just coincidence.

I dreamt of a ufo, it came out of the sky with the speed and course of a falling meteor, except it pulled out of it's dive at the last minute, somehow grabbed me aboard, and started heading back out of the atmosphere at the same high speed.

Not too remarkable, except for the Pilot. This was not like any mass media image of an alien that I've ever seen. She looked almost human, except for her distinctly not-human mouth, which I could see the outline of beneath the cloth medical-style mask she covered her mouth with. Somewhat tallish but not impossibly tall. But overall not like a "nordic" alien.

The hardest part to describe is that even though she was humanoid, and had arms and legs, and no particular features of a dolphin, something about her kept radiating a sense that in some impossible way she was somehow descended from or related/kindred to dolphins. The inside of the ufo wasn't even wet, it was just kind of dimly lit and metallic.

She seemed friendly but very purposeful, that purpose apparently being to grab me and get away from earth as soon as possible. I was expected to cover my mouth as well, it was part of her peoples' social mores. Visable mouth equalling rude and beastial.

I would have liked to stay in the dream longer, but it faded away. It hasn't repeated (yet) The next dream after that was having my head clamped in a vise while someone sawed off the back half of my skull. Not nearly as interesting or fun.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
ive had the strangest recurring dream lately, im standing at a train station and suddenly a high speed train goes past at full pelt and its on fire

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

I had a dream where I saw my most recent exes wedding announcement in the paper. We had only been broken up for 6 weeks or so and were together 4 years. I got the paper everyday for 2 years and never missed it until one Monday. I didnt think anything of it. I went to lunch with this ex like we did every week and long story short he tells me he is engaged! I well freaked out and took off. Later that day my mom told me she saw it in the paper. Turns out the paper I missed was the one where my exes announcement was. I swear that really freaked me out because then I realized I had the exact dream of this happening a few days or so earlier and it freaked me out then. It was even worse when it actually happened. This is not the first time a dream had come true with very close detail. Now when I have a semi normal dream I always wonder if it will happen and it kind of drives me nuts at times.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ac500

Hey thanks for the update and sorry for getting back so late, I've been swamped with a bunch of different things.

That hypnagogic state is very interesting. In my experience I've learned that it's like the energetic nexus of the global consciousness. That 8-12hz brain cycle that is found to be correlated with this state of consciousness is also right around "alpha" in relation to scientific brain wave calculations. Just below 8 hertz is the Earth's Extremely Low Frequency rate of 7.8 hertz. So it's really no surprise to me to find that hovering just about "waking consciousness" and "sleep" or "tuning in" you'll find out quite a bit about what's going on. I love being able to check my email without actually getting up to the computer from time to time

Keep at it, sounds like you've been having some fun

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

Thank you for sharing and sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

But the symbol of a train is in a sense yourself. Maybe you tend to keep things in an orderly fashion, in line, on track, etc? Maybe you're as "average" as can be? Either way, it seems your current paradigm of thinking has ran a bit amok. Maybe something in your current situation (or whenever these dreams started) has shaken your foundation? Or maybe a situation you have been dealing with is getting a bit out of hand? This could be one way your subconscious is saying that. When I say "amok" I don't necessarily mean "bad", but definitely over-charged in some area because not only did you miss the stop but you blazed through it!
And fire tends to symbolize raw vital energy, energy itself, desires, anger, but mainly pure energy. The context, like the train/station, tends to dictate what kind of energy or influence maybe the root.

I would say the best place to start either understanding these dreams better or make them go away is to first; relax, 2nd try to recall any minute details you can about these dreams. If they are reoccurring especially they tend to have many repeated symbols even in places you normally wouldn't recognize detail. Those details, even color or scents, give you insight into the situation at hand. But the main and most important thing, relax
Even if you're as cool as can be, there's obviously some intense energy around you somewhere. So staying even cooler then cool will help with whatever you may be dealing with in your waking life.

I hope that helps in some way, thanks again for sharing

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Very interesting. I know how you feel & what you mean, I grew up with way too many precognitive dreams that I wanted to remember as it's not like you always get to choose what you dream about(most of us don't for that matter). Not to mention the frustrations at the times things didn't happen that I saw in dreams. This is natural, and it does happen more often the most realize. Try not to let it freak you out. Think about what really disturbed you, was it that your ex was getting engaged or that you had the dream that informed you before your conscious knew it? It's important to distinguish the two. In every dream there is a waking life manifestation somewhere. The probability of it being the "fantastic" context we may see in dreams though, that's an entirely different story.

As you bring the symbols we see in dreams into focus, you start to see what those waking life manifestations are symbolized as in your dreams. From there it gets even more strange, but you start gaining the ability to manifest your dreams more accurately as well. That's not to say you can just dream everything into existence, you have to physically interact too, but the info you have gotten in the dream will help guide your actions to help facilitate the preferred outcome. At least as much as possible in this "reality" that is..

Thank you very much for sharing that very intriguing & vulnerable experience with us here

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Hey there stranger, I think you know who "Iam" if you do I would just like to say "I'm back" well under a different user name that is
once again brilliant thread, I have some questions to post shortly. Just thought I would pop in and say “Hello” I should get some time online on Sunday so speak then pal, and keep up the good work.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

Nice to see you in the thread always interesting times to be had here at ATS

Here's some interesting dream & psychology information that I think many will find interesting.

This is a very cool clip by researcher and psychologist Stanley Krippner Phd. who's done some fascinating work with dreams & dream telepathy that is sighted widely. Here he is talking with Grateful Dead drummer Mickey Hart.

Here's Dr. Krippner talking about the concept of "the other" in relation to us actually all being one & entangled.

Here he is talking about Shamanistic healing & other mystic function through out human society and culture

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Cool just going to watch the vids you posted, I will be back online once I watch them.

Just a quick few questions

I have started to get back into trying to Lucid Dream now, I have been out of it a while due to the lack of Dream Recall, you could say I kind of gave in. I just keep hitting crossroads and I don’t really know where to go next, when I do have recall of a dream it’s very little. Everything seems a blur it’s almost like some mental block, the more I try to think about what happened the harder it is to remember.

I really think it’s a good time to get back into LD now because 1) I have plenty of time to sleep in now, due to being made redundant from work. 2) I have a totally relaxed outlook towards life by living in the “Now” 3) I spend a lot more time in nature to aid keeping me grounded and positive. 4) I no longer have to hear a certain members name from ATS because he got banned, so I can finally put that crap behind me “if you catch my drift”

So just a few questions

If you were in my shoes and you were having problems with dream recall, what would you do to improve on it?

When I set goals e.g. remember 4 dreams a week, I seem to have less dreams, I feel like I am trying too hard when I set goals. There have been times when I have had 3-4 dreams a week but they felt more random. Should I set myself goals or just let the dreams flow?

Sometimes just before I sleep I will see random things, the other night I saw smoke in front of me “Kind of like cigarette smoke” other nights it feels like my eyes are open even though they are closed, I can see everything in detail just like I would with my eyes open. As soon as I notice something different or something out of place, I automatically jolt like I have just reentered my body. I think I jolt because I have let my awareness slip, I am certain if I kept my awareness while I slept I would induce a lucid dream with ease. So my question is how can I keep my awareness so I induce a lucid dream, and at the same time not wake myself up by thinking about it?

Thank you I really do appreciate the time you take out to help others, you’re a great guy “Hope everything is well”

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Thank you for the Vids I think I needed the inspiration to move me forward, I really loved the Shaman healing vid at the end. I also had to watch the Ayahuasca one too, I have always loved the mystery behind the shamans it's truly fascinating.

Anyway after watching the videos last night I got myself off to bed, though it would be a good time to induce a lucid dream. I have some IPod Tracks (I-Dozer) sort of thing and I usually play them as I lay on my back, well last night away I went put the headphones on relaxed and watched myself drift into sleep. I don’t really remember what happened but I sort of jolted again, this time I leaned over turned my IPod off and pushed it off the side of the bed (didn’t want to move too much) I then rolled back over so I was lay on my back again, seems when I lay on my back I get better results.

I remember trying to visualize a dream or a scene I could drift into and I almost had it, the scene was out of a game I have been playing. I could make out the slight detail even color, as soon as I tried to focus more on the scene it seemed to fade. I did this two or three times with not much luck; however actually drifting into something other than a black void is the first for me. I just need to learn how to keep the awareness without bringing my attention back to my sleeping mind. I suppose its just practice really along with intention but is there anything (e.g. exercises) I could do to work keeping that awareness.

I think I forgot pretty much everything after that until I woke up around 9am, I set my alarm hoping I would catch the REM part of sleep. Must have been slightly off time but I did remember something when I went back to sleep.

I was on a stairwell in some Victorian mansion/hotel, I remember my father saying something to me and I took it the wrong way. We were both at the top of the stair well at the time, after my little temper tantrum I ran 2 or 3 flights down these stairs and proceeded to walk through this huge solid wood door, it led to a room in total darkness. I shut the door behind me and reached for the light, just as I reached for the light I saw this white figure behind me I was certain it was a ghost my heart was racing and I completely froze, I then felt this thing pulling me towards it until I went through it. Everything went white and the next thing I woke up in bed feeling really cold with my heart still racing.
So all in all it was brilliant progress for me last night and I think inducing a lucid dream is 100% the way to go for me, but as I said I just need some form of exercise to work on keeping my awareness as I drift over into sleep.

Thanks

IamNow

PS: This may be a long shot, but talking of Shamans I once saw a YouTube radio interview with this guy who went to the Amazon and tried Ayahuasca. He talks about his experiences and other '___' experiments, there is one experiment with '___' where all the test students had the same out of body experience, in this OOBE they all went onboard this Alien craft, the amazing thig was none of them spoke to each other beforehand about their experiences, yet they all saw the same thing. I have been trying to locate that interview for some time, it may have been Coast to Coast but I’m not too sure, if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

Very interesting expereince and maybe you should chat with Caveman if you're interested in the Ayahuasca thing. Your trip there seems to indicate learned or unaddressed behavior which is centered around anger may be inhibiting your growth. That white figure is sort of like a guide/you in a sense that it was there to remind you;you're not supposed to be going down, you're supposed to be reaching for "the light" & getting pissed off and descending further into yourself isn't the way...it just leaves you feel worn & cold.

Thank you for sharing and I'm glad you enjoy the vids.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Any one ever had a dream of being EXTREAMLY HIGH?? Beyond any drug on earth.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by voodoom

yeah & super-drunk too. It's fun "shaking it off" too if you can gain consciousness. The context or the view of the dream will often change a bit too then.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Wow man, I can really relate to what you just said.

Recently I have been getting pissed for no apparent reason, or as they say “Got out of bed on the wrong side” I mean sometimes I even think to myself “What rattled your cage” It’s the strangest feeling ever because it’s Involuntary. It’s not that I am actually getting mad at something, it’s more of a feeling than a though. I don’t wake up thinking “I hate life or anything” quite the opposite, but there is this dark cloud of negativity sometimes. I deal with this by simply letting it flow through me; however I’m learning all the time and open to advice. Maybe the dream was that advice, timed pretty well actually due to some Positive news lately.

Maybe the dream was telling me I need to step up now and face the music; Instead of walking away from my father I should deal with the situation and create a positive outcome, not run away from it. Only then could I ascend up the stairs and on with my journey without dwelling on the past. If I create resistance I am only pushing myself back into the dark cold room, where I see the light and go for the stairs one more time.

Thanks that really makes sense, I need to perceive that negative energy as positive energy. It will have no real power if I don’t perceive it as negative.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by IamNow]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I recall very vividly a dream. This was about a week after my great grandmother had passed away. She was struggling with lung cancer and many other ailments. We had hospice at her home so she could pass away comfortably. Well I could not attend her funeral and or wake, my parents thought I was too close to her for that. That night I had a dream that we were at her funeral. We, as in all of her family, were mourning her death. Sitting crying. Well it was odd, but she was in one of those old style bathtubs. The ones made of cast iron. However, this one was made of gold. While we were all crying speaking of her life, she sat up. Looked over and it looked as though she was trying to climb out of the tub. She stuck her leg over the side, looked at all of us and simply said "What are you crying for? Stop crying! I'm not in pain anymore. I'm home!" Well I woke up crying and telling her goodbye. I took that as just that, her way of saying goodbye to me.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Had to post this morning about a couple of dreams I had.
I was walking outside and I looked up and there was a huge meteor exploding then there were ufo's everywhere in the sky.
Last night I dreamed I met 2 tame foxes. Is there any meaning to 2 foxes in a dream?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanormalChick

Very cool stuff & thank you very much for sharing your experience with us here.

I wonder if the golden bath tub symbolized a divine cleansing so to speak? Washing away the pain she remarked about not having anymore...just a thought.

Thank you again

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Both Meteors & UFO's are pretty intense symbols. Meteors tend to symbolize some kind of powerful inner source of information rushing to your consciousness. Sometimes this can be as an idea you've recently had, or maybe even a new project, or maybe simply a new way of thinking. Either way coming from "space" or "heaven" is a very powerful symbol that opens the doors to infinite possibility and your opportunity to seize whatever it is you're after.

The UFO's tend to have a lot to do with your spiritual path or awaking by way of self understanding & deepening your knowledge of the universe itself. "UFO's" or extra terrestrial craft are such an enigma even to those who claim to have been on them, to us, they're a symbol of danger, adventure, intrigue & unknown as well.

Foxes tend to symbolize clever thoughts, plans, or intuition that is available to you. Having two means you have yourself a good balance of it. That is to say as long as the experience was positive and the intention the foxes projected harmonized with your own in some way. If they are attacking that would mean you have those symbolically after you. But since they where tame, that would probably indicate that they might be aspects of yourself that are at your command.

Thank you for sharing & I hope that offered some insight

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wow, dreams....don't even get me started. I've had so many weird and crazy dreams, I can't even get the messages out of them anymore, it really is upsetting actually.

Every night I have at least one long vivid dream that feels like a movie that I am in, but not an OOBE. I have been trying for about a year to be able to meditate to the point of astral projection, but fail each time. However I know that you should never give up...

Any way, back to the topic, it reminded me of a dream that I had about having an OOBE, it was quite humorous as I was walking through my living room, I just fell paralyzed onto my face and sort of dissipated out of my body, I decided to travel to the pyramids yet, it was like a bustling metropolis, only supposedly in the past.....

Very interesting indeed, but of course I left out the weird parts, unless you'd like me to post them...xD

example, A real dream I had recently: I was running down an empty highway with two other people that I know well in real life, but the highway was put together like puzzle pieces, like a 3d puzzle moving into a marshy area. I jumped into the marsh and discovered a building that had a orange and yellow circus tent on the floor. Outside were 15 men dressed in all white robes and they were completely silent, but I understood they were waiting for me to set up the circus tent, so I did. Then I turned into a fox, and the 15 men follwed me into the tent, also turning into foxes, then we all got on pedestals and coincidedly danced while talking about testicular cancer. every once in awhile a bell rang and a baby fox ran through the tent. This continued until Dawn of the next day.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I had a nightmare last night that I cannot figure out where it came from. I didn't eat or drink anything unusual before bed, or watch any horror films and nothing bad has happened lately. I should mention that my cat of 19 yrs died almost a year ago. I'm hoping you can help me with this. I had a dream that someone or something sliced open my dogs. The dream started with me noticing a weird looking area on one of my dogs just behind his neck, at that same exact time, my husband gives me a white kitten with emerald eyes, but I only held her for a second, because I was distracted by the dogs injury. I said to him "I can't deal with this now" (referring to the kitten). I went to look at the area and I could see this huge cut exposing my dogs lungs. I remember screaming "I can see his lungs!!" My other dog was cut open across her low back, exposing muscle and vessels. Next thing I know we're at the vet and I was in the floor crying yelling at my husband 'Jackie did it" Jackie is a cousin of his that I met once about 20 yrs ago. I remember thinking in my dream that it could have been something or someone else. Any ideas? this was the 2nd most horrifying nightmare I've have ever had.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by sickofitall2012]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join