It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams, let's talk about them : Interpretations, lucidity, projection, obe's, precognition, etc

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSpark

Yeah it's not a "love-fest" there, but it can be whatever you make it...which includes a "love fest". So if that's all someone wants to see & experience they will. Personally I've always kind of been the same way in that I am always looking to explore and experience whatever. So yeah, there are definitely places that would be terrifying to most as well as places that are full of some much ecstasy it's hard to take. It is nice to see others enjoy a "dynamic time" on the astral plane though

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nicole1977

You are absolutely welcome and I hope you have some fun & interesting journeys. It's amazing what we find when we go looking for ourselves

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Speaking of "higher self", it seems to me we reach a point in our growth where we're "one" with our eternal selves. So much so that we can actually feel the flux or shift in the future with every finalized decision we make.
What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

When I'm bored and it's not time to wake up yet, I go chill with my boyfriend ^_^
I also tend to "wrap up" dreams in whatever way that I want, because if I don't, I get messed up/stressed.

I used to try and help people, but I don't really have the time anymore. If somebody asks me a question, I will answer it to the best of my ability or recommend something to possibly help.

/note- my boyfriend is long distance, and I don't know if we would be in a relationship if we couldn't both lucid dream and project to each other.

[edit on 1/11/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mmariebored

My thoughts? Yeah pretty much....

That seems to be what I have been encountering and calibrating without fully realizing it. I remember at one point sitting and thinking to myself: If going on to the "astral plane", or "astral projecting", or to have an OBE takes places in a timeless, and there is even more layers beyond the other side of "physical" & into "spiritual"; and we are eternal entities or souls, then that means part of us is watching all of this, along with everyone else at the same time, with both eternal foresight and hind sight, always. From that perspective you already know what is going to happen and choose it anyways...for a particular reason of course, generally having to do with your own growth.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

That's cool (going and hanging with bf). A friend of mine & myself shared experiences with each other where there would seriously be absolutely nothing we wanted to see or do....so we just "stood there" on some manufactured street corner and waited for it to be morning/time to wake up. It's the oddest sensation being bored in your dreams, body still tired, but mind completely 100% active but not in the "mood" for anything....taught me how to be much more patient though, standing on an astral-street corner for hours...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Just because it's dream related & associated with some fun times in my dream-life. Here's a kick-ass song about lucid dreaming, with a lucid dreaming technique in it during the bridge!

Queensryche - Silent Lucidity

Lyrics:
Hush now, don't you cry
Wipe away the teardrop from your eye
You're lying safe in bed
It was all a bad dream
Spinning in your head
Your mind tricked you to feel the pain
Of someone close to you leaving the game of life
So here it is, another chance
Wide awake you face the day
Your dream is over... or has it just begun?

There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
Commanding in another world
Suddenly you hear and see
This magic new dimension

I- will be watching over you
I- am gonna help you see it through
I- will protect you in the night
I- am smiling next to you, in Silent Lucidity

-spoken during solo-
[Visualize your dream]
[Record it in the present tense]
[Put it into a permanent form]
[If you persist in your efforts]
[You can achieve dream control]
[Dream control]
[How's that then, better?]
[Dream control]
[Dream control]
[Dream control]
[Dream control]
[Hug me]

If you open your mind for me
You won't rely on open eyes to see
The walls you built within
Come tumbling down, and a new world will begin
Living twice at once you learn
You're safe from pain in the dream domain
A soul set free to fly
A round trip journey in your head
Master of illusion, can you realize
Your dream's alive, you can be the guide but...

I- will be watching over you
I- am gonna help to see it through
I- will protect you in the night
I- am smiling next to you....

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer

My thoughts? Yeah pretty much....

That seems to be what I have been encountering and calibrating without fully realizing it. I remember at one point sitting and thinking to myself: If going on to the "astral plane", or "astral projecting", or to have an OBE takes places in a timeless, and there is even more layers beyond the other side of "physical" & into "spiritual"; and we are eternal entities or souls, then that means part of us is watching all of this, along with everyone else at the same time, with both eternal foresight and hind sight, always. From that perspective you already know what is going to happen and choose it anyways...for a particular reason of course, generally having to do with your own growth.

Keeping in mind that many people are not half as mentally advanced, to the point of true realization, as they think they are, but only think they know what's going on, rather they're probably repeating things they've been told, rhetoric, not having experienced for themselves. The reason I say this is because many times something that can happen in a person's own imagination is nothing more than that; it's never good to encourage nonadvanced people without warning them of this mistake. Imagine if you were to promote a young person in love to believe that she were actually viewing her boyfriend's dreams and even visiting him and then one night he's with someone else in those dreams. Think of the catastrophe.

The same goes for many people's future selves viewing this and that...the present selves are rarely aware and many make awful decisions they'd never have made had they been truly in touch and open to the correct "higher self" and not a lying entity(or negative density we sometimes attract unknowingly).

[edit on 11-1-2009 by mmariebored]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The same goes for many people's future selves viewing this and that...the present selves are rarely aware and many make awful decisions they'd never have made had they been truly in touch and open to the correct "higher self" and not a lying entity(or negative density we sometimes attract unknowingly).

lying entities? now I like you! do tell more! I have a fave website on that subject. Montalk.net

All that I know is that I know nothing -Socrates

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

oh yeah definitely, I completely agree. One way a person can tell if they're on to the "right" thing or not is by asking yourself these questions and answering them honestly (or accepting your honest answer whatever it may be):

Are things getting better or worse in your life? Or are they the same but you feel they've changed? If so, how? Do you feel good about yourself for what you did(or are doing) or not? Are you feeling guilty for what you did? why? Is it because of the outcome or your perception of it? Did you do something destructive, abusive, violent, dishonest, intrusive, or thieving? Why?

These questions will guide you to your own intentions. To know your own intentions in an pure and honest way is to know your soul(or your identity). There really isn't a "right" way to get intouch with one's self...you just have to find yourself -shrugs-

As far as "promoting" some young love...

I'm not "promoting" anything. If someone believes it, what am I going to say "No you can't!"? What would it take for me to say "yeah you shared a dream.."

corroborative evidence that demonstrates shared knowledge that couldn't have been received prior. Or the very least having the exact same story in detail without any prior knowledge again. Can you prove it, yes, is it really hard...oh yeah. Depending on the nature of the experiment or event that is. Shared dreams have been demonstrated in the Lab at Monroe Institute, SRI, and by the US government in research for their Remote Viewing project(check out Joseph Mcmoneagle for more on that). So it's real enough. Whether a particular event actually happened....hell how do any of you here really know I'm just pulling all of this out of my @ss right now(save for the few of you who might know me a bit better &/or have experience some things together or -ahem- have been spying
jk ...or am I?
). It's up to your own discernment.

Generally if people have shared a dream, it's based on some shared association somewhere, it's really not all that "out there" of an idea.

Me personally, I speak with young people about their dreams completely different form adults. And saying "That's cool" to a person who shared a story wouldn't constitute "promoting" I would argue as a practical example using this thread. I don't know anything about Ravenshadow, I don't know if what she's saying is true, do I have reason to believe it? Nope. Do I have reason not to? Nope. I got the answer I was looking for, and shared an experience of my own on the subject. Just gotta see how things go and use the Ol' Discern-o-Meter.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'd post about it here, but I already typed my heart out in this thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I'm not "promoting" anything. If someone believes it, what am I going to say "No you can't!"? What would it take for me to say "yeah you shared a dream.."

I worded that badly, I apologize, and my example was too simple in comparison to what I was thinking about. I guess I worry too much over possibilities. Lets say a man, an extremely jealous man, one of those superstrict and highstrung religious jobbers(I've known aplenty), keeps having dreams about his wife with tons of other men. He wakes up and he just wants to kill the woman but he thinks, that's all craziness, it was only a dream, and he lets it go for now. So he comes in here, still troubled by his nightmares, it's bothering him, and he reads this thread. For the first time in a long time, his mind is open to all possibilities, including this projection stuff. Because when you're upset, you're much more open to new ideas, especially when the ideals in your own mind are giving you NO answers to your current problem. Thus, he sets his wife ablaze, pours acid on her or just simply strangles her, telling his religious leaders he's a hero! for bringing justice to this horrible adulteress, having caught her with another man in marital unfaithfulness. Hey, it could happen. There's some really sick people out there, what. My whole point was warnings, warnings, warnings about lying entities and negative densities that can often mask themselves as truths, having become atracted to you due your own personal fears and expectancies.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

No need to apologize
But yeah it could happen, but an insanely jealous husband might interpret just posting on a message board about stuff he doesn't like the embodiment of his fears. Or even if he sees his wife help a stranger with directions, say "he's cute" to someone on tv, etc. Jealousy is jealousy no matter what shade it's painted it's just an excuse & it's impossible to warn people about every bad possibility that may come up. There's a certain amount I'm leaving up to the resposibility of the reader.

Not to mention consciously syncing up isn't common & generally takes effort. Most people haven't even attained a level of lucidity or self understanding enough to create a meeting place let alone "connect" with anyone.

There's definitely gray areas that can come up in shared dreams. Such as if two people consciously sync up in a dream for some astral-sex, and they're both in a relationship, is that cheating? Why would it be? Because they remembered it? Or is it because of the expression of specific intention to do so? Does it matter it wasn't a physical encounter? Or is it just a dream and people are too hung up on sex anyways?

See what I mean? The same can be said for telepathy. Somebody, some where, some time, is going to get very afraid and offended by any of this(or any kind of "psychic" function). Enough to even fly into a rage and try to exercise the demon by shooting them. I think all of us are well aware of the religious extremism in the world right now & can only do what we can do remain out of the way & help those who may be getting away from that type of intolerant group/attitude.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Good answer, Shakes, and I was just being dramatic for the sake of dramatics. Aside from the murdering part, this 'jealous dreamer' was actually conjured up from an experience of a friend of mine whose boyfriend was constantly harassing her about dreams he was having. Funny thing, though, she, likewise, had a lot of dreams about him cheating as well. Hilarious situation, upon reflection.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Hah cool enough, and thanks. But it really was a good question because issues like that can & obviously do come up right?

The fact that both of them where having dreams of "cheating" probably meant they both had issues that needed to be addressed that where not fully being met in some way. It isn't always sexual or emotional, it just gets interpreted that way sometimes (and sometimes it is sexually &/or emotionally), it really just depends on the situation and the people involved. Just saying in case someone reading might be a "jealous dreamer" too. And just because someones "needs" aren't being fully met, doesn't mean that they can't be, or it will be hard. Generally issues arise out of miscommunication or lack thereof more often then not. The worst thing you can do is get jealous as that is just your own speculation getting the better of you and cutting off important channels of cognition: Meaning you stop thinking and just get mad

Not gonna help the situation

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Applause! I agree 100%(which is rare).
You should be a counselor.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Very interesting thread Shakesbeer! I've been following this one for a while, and it's one of my favorites on this forum
. I've been having some interesting experiences with the "vibration" effect I think that I would be interested in hearing your (and everyone else's) opinions on.

First of all, I've had lucid dreams in the past, long before I even knew what they were called, but IMO lucid dreams aren't anything weird - it's just one of the amazing capabilities of the subconscious I guess. However, after reading about the "vibrations" or "sleep paralysis" that come before lucid dreams reminded me of a very weird experience I had long ago, which I then described in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway I've been having this weird vibration / piercing headache feeling at night more and more often (after practicing dream recall), and the more it happens, the farther I can let it go without the head pain being unbearable.

Well, this morning, I woke up a few hours early, and started to go back to sleep. I started to dream, but I was still conscious, so I immediately "entered" the dream in lucid state. I couldn't take more than 1 step though before everything went black and I was "back" in my bed, but I felt the vibration/headache thing starting.

It started low pitch and low frequency. The farther I allowed it to go, the higher in tone and vibrational frequency it became. At first it was a little painful, but this time I was able to "break through" that point where I previously couldn't let it escalate. The vibration rate and tone at this point was extremely high. It was a little scary though because it really struck me as to how "real" and "tangible" this sound/feeling seemed, and also I think I was afraid of actually having an OBE (as this is what I've read comes next), so it kind of faded out in volume after a while.

Anyway, next I was in a state that I guess you could call sleep paralysis in that my body felt numb and disconnected. It was an interesting feeling, but I've had it before because I've always been able to put myself into this state at will (although not quite this deep before), so I was able to bring myself out when I wanted.

Most interestingly though, is that after this event, I felt unusually alert and refreshed mentally, yet relaxed (I almost went back to sleep, but decided not to). This probably sounds crazy, but it kind of felt like having taken a deep breath of mental fresh air, or sneezing out mental congestion; my thoughts and memories immediately after seemed much more connected and accessible. Unfortunately I can't help but feel like it's faded slightly, but it was still a very interesting experience

[edit on 16-1-2009 by ac500]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well my dreams are getting more and more common, or should I say my dream recall is anyway.

Getting fun now because its almost like being in a film, still not worked out the lucid bit yet but feel I am getting closer with each dream, I just can't get over how real my last dream was.

Hope everything is going well shakes, was telling a friend about you last night and he is going to check out some of your videos.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ac500

Sounds like you're standing on the edge of the open airplane door looking out on your proverbial sky-dive into some kind of OBE experience but you are still uneasy about that prospect somewhere. In my experience, that vibration isn't necessary but rather what happens when you slowly enter that state consciously. Sort of like getting in a cold pool first sticking your toe in the water. It's going to give you a shiver, and maybe keep building up in intensity if you allow your mind to amplify the concept of "cold" or "freezing". That is until you get in and regulate your temp and get acclimated to the environment, then you're off swimming and diving no problem. Same goes for leaving one's body. You can get in slow, or your can "dive in". "Diving in" is just a matter of letting go of fear and believing that you will be just fine.

Anxiety to do such will manifest as resistance, and resistance will manifest in the form of what you draw to yourself either by conscious or subconscious thought. That could be one of the causes of your headache as it is the resistance to unassimilated information & energy(energy & info such as that of a different "plane" or "dimension" of existence[or conscious perception]) which manifests itself in your conscious (and maybe physically too if you're not careful). I'm sure others here have noticed that when "navigating" in that state of being it often feels like we are balancing as well as a floating. We're being "lifted" or "carried" by our own intention. If that intention is not focused or pure, you get resistance to your goal (a projection or OBE for instance). Even if that isn't a conscious desire, and this happens spontaneously that you want to "jump out" sometimes, this in the least is an indicator that your subconscious is trying to tell you there is something you need to be aware of.

To help with the headache, try channeling that energy or pain to your mind's eye (aka 3rd eye/6th chakra) as there may be a message in it for you, or that could be your "astral door-way" being delivered.
If that doesn't work, channel the energy/pain up to the top of your head (crown or 7th chakra) & out using a prefered meditative technique. For those who have never meditated and don't know where to start but may be experiencing something like that, or just want to learn how to meditate, one of the best ways to start is Basic Breath Awareness. Meaning controlling and focusing on the action of breathing itself and that alone for a set amount of time (usually 3 to 5 mins when starting).

The overall message of your experiences do seem to have more then one common theme, one major one seems to be the need to relax a bit more. I think if you simply allowed this energy to flow through you when it happens without expectation or fear the "issue" will correct itself and you'll find that your experiences where simply a life lesson in freedom.

Thank you for your compliments & I'm glad you're enjoying the thread btw, I hope that has offered some insight.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by psycho81

Very cool indeed, when you get to the point you're confidently "watching" a movie every night it seems, you're just a choice away from being "conscious" or "awake" in your dreams just as commonly. Nice to see you're gaining more astral-stability shall I say

Thanks for the high regards & referring your friend to my videos, I hope they find them useful in some way. I'm going to be shooting another one tonight on dream journals specifically, so hopefully I have that posted soon here.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join