It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Anyone See the President of the CFR on the Colbert Report Last Night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Stephen Colbert had Richard Haass on his program last night, the president of the CFR.

He begins the interview by saying "Now you are the president of the Council on Foreign Relations, right? You guys toy with the countries of the world like, well, like toys, don't you? You're the Illuminati, you're the Masons, you control everything don't you? That's the wrap on you guys."

To which Richard Haass answers, "Well, what's interesting now is who's on the chess board. The toys, if you will, are a lot more than states, it's all sorts of non-state actors, it's good guys, it's also bad guys."

Not really denying anything I guess. Watch the whole interview here and tell me what you think, because I don't know if I'm reading a little too much into this or not.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Great find. Watching it again.
It's kind of interesting, but it is built around jokes
and it seems that Stephen keeps interrupting.

You got the man in the hot seat! Why not ask serious questions
and wait for serious answers?! Why?! Cause it's Comedy Central.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I know that pissed me off too! He could've gotten so many answers for us, even if they weren't really answers, you know what I mean? But it is the Colbert Report you can't expect too much.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Great find. Watching it again.
It's kind of interesting, but it is built around jokes
and it seems that Stephen keeps interrupting.

You got the man in the hot seat! Why not ask serious questions
and wait for serious answers?! Why?! Cause it's Comedy Central.

To be fair, though, Stephen Colbert does have a way of getting to those guys. It is under the guise of comedy, but he can be quite cutting with his questions and retorts. Last night's notable moment was when Colbert asked the man if America was the good guy or not, if we were to blame for anything. It began with a silly "Are you part of the blame America first crowd?" but Colbert kept going with it and was being pretty aggressive with the guy, who looked unsettled by that hammering.

I don't think Colbert is going to break the big story or reveal corruption, but he can give surprisingly aggressive and revealing interviews.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Holy jesus on a cracker!

Did he just admit to controlling "terrorist groups"?

Please tell me I read too much into that one.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

No, I was thinking that too. His answers are weird and he kind of says a lot of things by not saying them. He admits that they manipulate events in the world, (and even CNN), and endorses globalization. Pretty telling interview even if it wasn't a very good one.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Total Reality]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The video isn't working for me. Is it down? Is there a link to it somewhere else on the web?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I can't find it anywhere else sorry, it's working for me...

Just go to the Colbert Report website and look up the Dec. 10th show

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Total Reality]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I just watched that and I was shocked at some of the answers he gave. He called state actors and nonstate actors toys? Who does that guy think he is?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
Holy jesus on a cracker!

Did he just admit to controlling "terrorist groups"?

Please tell me I read too much into that one.

lmao! that's exactly who he included in his equation of "non state entities ... they work with".

The Rhetoric from Colbert really popped Haass' cherry in a couple of instances too, lol, which was really funny to look at his face when Colbert made his jests - if Haass could put his looks into words it would be something like

"I cant believe this man just told them that!"

Then, when he finds out CNN was working with the CFR, Colbert somewhat blackmails Haass into dually noting Colbert's desire to be involved.

wow... what makes it easy for these people to actually admit these things openly and in public view without both the public's backlash as well as their need to tell it to us to our face?

This was produced in jest, but exposed essential truth that if asked about later would be neither denied nor confirmed because it was already publicly disclosed and published, and now we will see new legislation pop up that will blow our minds later because we'll not understand where it came from, when in reality it was told right to our faces, unlimiting their procedure because public disclosure was made, overcoming a very essential legal hurdle for 'black ops' laws to pass.

this was a very good case to make in the awake state of mind to get past the jest to observe the truth. =)

They do this all the time.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
No questions about internationally locked up technology.
It would be nice if he asked.
Just to make sure he knew nothing.
Then he might go back and ask his Illuminati handlers,
if he was not smart, about such technologies and
get fires.
Then Colbert can talk to the new head.
Such events might help us indicate something is hidden.

top topics

join