It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN,Is ''WORM" clue to life on Mars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
WOW, check out this CNN video. I dont think this has been posted yet, but there might be a little worm on mars in pictures. Heres the video.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by DroolsAlot]

[edit on 10-12-2008 by DroolsAlot]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The guy is a robotocs engineer not a NASA scientist.
furthermore asfar as fossilized worms go, 1: look like a neat rock pattern but not a worm

2. assuming for the sake or argument that their are fossilized worms on mars, and that mars was once earth like with oceans etc etc, the worm should be buried very deepl in the strata given that anything that was living on mars, its fossils are likely to be millions of years old

3. Worms are composed primairly of soft tissue, which decomposes and doesnt form fossils under normal circumstances.

and even the NASA scientist the interviewed, Chris McKay seems to agree that picture isnt evidence of life

[edit on 10-12-2008 by NavalFC]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think the coin is a better story...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Nice find, one can only wonder...

Time to put some better cameras ( like this one ) on these puppies, NASA is lagging behind...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

i think the bigger news is the Kepler (the telescope capable of spotting Earths) is launcing next year.

I wonder why they said spring though? The Kepler is scheduled for launch in February

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well we can wonder about worms on Mars but until there is a better probe or rover built specifically to look for them, we can just only guess based on the available data we have now.

MSL is built to do this, look for fossils, microbial life and possibly detect things byond the microbial world.

There is no telling what really lies underneath the permafrost and mud/sediment layer at the surface.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Good find, but the "rotini" worm is being disscused here as well www.abovetopsecret.com... check it out there is also other threads with more in depth pic's and research. This is also a good onewww.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-12-2008 by alyosha1981]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
Good find, but the "rotini" worm is being disscused here as well www.abovetopsecret.com... check it out there is also other threads with more in depth pic's and research. This is also a good onewww.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-12-2008 by alyosha1981]

Oh ok, cool, ill go check it out

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Anyone here ever heard that comment from a NASA guy where he's talking about the area the Phoenix was in and how it was perfect for growing asparagus and that a toad could live there for a 24 hour period without any help before dying? I think I've seen Zorgon mention the asparagus stuff before.

If it's true that a toad could live on the surface for a 24 hour period without help and that asparagus could grow there, the idea there might be life such as worms underground wouldn't surprise me at all.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by nightmare_david]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i herd the reporter was fired soon after this peice aired

new topics

top topics

join