It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New racist web browser!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
i am with the Op on this one , imo it is political correctness gone mad ( as usual)

It first came to my attention when driving through a town in the U.K and i went past the 'Black woman's lesbian center' ..... i thought were is the white woman's lesbian center .. in fact why isn't it just a lesbian center for women?

or better still just a plain old Woman's center! accepting all beliefs / color / sexual preferences.

Whoa hang on a minute the woman's center is a bad idea ....

Were is the 'Human Being' center?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This thread can really be answered with 1 word, but since that isn't allowed I first type all this...

VIRAL

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

What a stupid idea. Why would African Americans want distance themselves from the general population after they fought so hard to become a recognized, equal part of the general population?

This is nothing more than a step back in the fight for equality..

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I can just imagine the search words lol!

Search for: Bust a' cap in yo a**!
Result: Michael Jordan makes another slam dunk, winning the NBA

Search for: Oh no you di in't! *snapping fingers with one hand, the other on hips*
Results: Police arrest government official on fraud charges

Search for: Yo man, that was whack!
Result: Advise on helping inner city children get better grades.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Question]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

This seems more misguided than racist. But it isn't new. AOL had AOL Black Touch in 2000/ 2001 (I received acopy in the mail, that's how I know about it . They may have it still, IDK).

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Sliick

I'm the IT guy at my work which caters to the public. I'll put the white people browser on half the public terminals and the black people browser on the other half and see what happens. Well, besides my getting fired I mean.

lol

There are still many racists on both sides I have colored friends and I am white I've met many people who are just that people, and at the same time have met many people who are racist on both sides of the fence.

We are a long way off from killing racism unfortunately.

Personally I believe it will be there until all humanity is one color. Maybe in another 50,000 years?

Too bad really, a lot of good people on both sides of the fence.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Start your own and call it the SnowWHITE Browser, or the AllThingsWhite Browser and get even if his bothers you this much.

There are Black TV channels and Black Magazines and such why not a black browser, I don't see a problem with it and quite rankly I don't think most black Americans want their new and info from "Black Sources". Most black Americans don't like reverend Al or Jessie nor are most of them likely to want this browser.

While I might agree with your idea that some things called WHITE would bring chants of racism from Reverend Al or that crowd and that this seems discriminatory at best. I have to hold to the original intentions of the framers of the Constitution in that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain Unalienable Rights. I think these people have the Right to start businesses or ventures that they want as long as it don't harm another or violate another's Rights. I would say that a white tv channel can and should be on TV, and all white schools and white magazines (outside the klans versions), and an Asian version of each and a Latino version of each and anyone quite frankly. We do have the freedom of Association and expression of thoughts and the Right to contract and on and on...

Just because if the roles were reversed it may be called racists doesn't mean they would be right and it surely is no reason to refuse others their Rights because you may not get yours equally.

My point is simple, this Country was not founded on COLOR and are Freedoms and Rights are Individual Rights and every Individual should be given those Rights regardless of color and every Individual should stand up for the others Individual Rights lest yours be lost too?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It's more self segregation.

Whatever. They can do it if it makes them happy to self segregate.

They'd just better not point their fingers at anyone else and call them racist - or they can add hypocrite to their names.

This notion of self segregation reminds of the Black Greek organizations when I was in college. I was in a traditional Fraternity in college and the Black organizations would have nothing to do with any other fraternity or sorority that was not part of the Black Greek Council.

We tried to invite them to our functions only to have repeated no shows. We were never invited to their functions. We were probably better off at the time anyway. Most of their large on campus functions ended up in fights/brawls or someone going topless. Many of these functions were eventually banned from campus venues.

edit to add:
This type of hypocrisy is boundless on large college campuses around the country. My experience is not unique.

Blacks are no longer the leading minority in America and unfortunately, for many the ship has already sailed. Not thanks to self serving leaders like Jackson and Sharpton.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by jibeho]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Blackmail, that was awesome! a star for you my friend for making me laugh

But you do make a point. THEY don't see it as racist, but that doesn't mean that it's not offensive to other people though. You do make a point, what if we made a White Entertainment Televeision? (personally, WET, sounds better than BET
) Jesse Jackson would have a field day!

I am tired of the hyppocricy though, it's a "they can have it, but we can't" mentallity and that stinks! Those people would say "Well you have the rest of the channels on the TV" and I ask, since when?????? I mean come on! Not one channel on TV today has the word white on it, nor is it "white" in nature. CMT is focused on Country music, but that doesn't immediately translate to "white's only" I'm sure that there are blacks that like the music. Heck I know mexicans that like country music etc. the same can be said about the rest of the TV channels.

There is not one channel out there that I've seen that is "white focused" only "topic focused" HBO = Movies, Comedy Central = comedy, CMT = Country music, etc. etc. etc. BET is the only channel I've seen that actually tries to make a ridiculous and bold statement, it's the "black channel" which is insulting within itself, not only to whites, but even to the black community when you think about it. The channel is basically trying to claim that "this is what blacks watch" when in reality, I'd like to ask "how do you even know that?" If anything, I think it tries to pigeonhole the black community into one particular stereotype when the reality couldn't be farther from the truth.

For example, I've had 2 black friends in my life that couldn't be farther from the image BET tries to portray (actually, I've had friends of many skin colors, but many of these friendships didn't last because I couldn't stand their "ghetto whannabe" attitude) . One of them loved watching anime cartoons and we'd actually talk about them (especially Gundam G) and another whom I consider to be not only a very close friend, but a mentor, actually likes hard rock/metal and even listens to Guns N' Roses. Despises rap. Their lifestyles and how they dress are completely separate from what Chris Rock or Dave Chappele would say. I mean, how farther from the BET image of "black interest" can you get? and yet BET, Rappers and black comedians try to paint the whole black community with a broad brush on how they behave, when the truth couldn't be far from it.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Question]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExistenceUnknown
I find it amusing that we got rid of segregation only to have it reinstated by the same community who fought against it so rabidly.

Really? The Team that built this browser also marched on Washington in the 60's?

Wow... they have really stayed hip to the scene.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

We don't often agree.. but kudos to you for an excellent post..

Starred!

Mod Note: One Line / Off Topic Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

They were not speaking literally and I think you know that.

The point is still valid.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

AAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I love how hitting "download now" brings you to Apple's website!

Genious

=)

[edit on 10-12-2008 by oaf21]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
As a graphic designer, the browser looks pretty good. I really like the logo.

Now for the context of the site, yeah, it's reverse racism, completely.

I can only imagine it getting worse.

Here's a crazy scenario.

What did Hitler do with 'all the Jews who had raped and pillaged his people' for so long?

Now replace with current events...

What did OBAMA do with 'all the WHITES who had raped and pillaged his people' for so long?

Get ready for your train ride folks. LOL

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

There was an attempt at a white's only scholarship a while back to counter all the black's only scholarships. It was only worth $250, just enough to cover books for one semester if you were lucky and found them cheap. Needless to say, several groups didn't like it and publicly said so. None of those groups were white. So while technically, there could be White Entertainment Television, Whitey magazine, and possibly even White History Month, there never will be because of the racial backlash. I'm sure I'll be called racist for even mentioning the possibility of any of those.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Poet Of Deception
i don't think its racist, i think its a good idea for people from the african american origin and race to get together.

The only thing racist about it is you implying that it is...

So, would you feel the same way if there was a browser that enabled white people to get together? How about a search engine that weeds out all those pesky "black" sites?

I starred those people that said this is "self-segregation".

I'm crying foul. Black people are all over the place. What we really need is a web browser that enables CREE INDIANS to more easily get together because we are so spread out and scattered. We'll call it "Creebird"! (please note sarcasm---I hate it when people think I'm serious)

People are people, but I have yet to meet a black person that thinks this way. They just don't "get it"; that they aren't any MORE SPECIAL than anyone else! The whites don't owe me the land they took from my ancestors; the whites don't need to pay you "retributions" for slavery; the British don't owe the "colonists" anything.......ITS ALL HISTORY!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

O how funny that these things seem to be the same everywhere. Some only get to see it happen to other and wonder why you did not see it happening to you.

I was 13 years old when apartheid ended in South Africa so yes I am branded as part of the White Political Government that victimized black people, I mean 13 year olds have that power here

So here is the terms so you can understand them:

You cant get the job because your black = Racist
You cant get the job because your white = Black economic empowerment

You cant play for your provincial school rugby team,your black = Racist
You cant play for your provincial school rugby team,your white = quota system for disadvantaged

If you are black you need 70% to get into medical school
If you are white you need 90% to get into medical school even though you
all finished school at the same time and school, yet there are a great shortage of doctors in the land.

White person does omething racist = 2 months constant news coverage even nobody was hurt.
Black police officer tells white officer in front of witness that white people are dogs and he wil have them all kicked out of the police force while holding a gun to her head = We may mension it once. ( O and let the highjackers get away)

O and so many more politicaly correct terms for stuff potrait as nothing more than inexcuseble racism during the struggle to be recognized.

So replace black with white and you wil indeed get called out as racist, at least here you would and if starts like that not long before you would also be called racist there.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

Very well stated. It seems that years of oppression has not clouded the views of such an "equal" minority now does it?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
A topic best ignored. When it is no longer even noticed or commented on, then it will go away. As long as one side or the other is constantly complaining, it will be with us.

I believe King envisioned a time when the words Black or White are no longer used to describe people.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
A topic best ignored. When it is no longer even noticed or commented on, then it will go away. As long as one side or the other is constantly complaining, it will be with us.

I believe King envisioned a time when the words Black or White are no longer used to describe people.

right
the only people using those terms to excess today are
1. White people who are racists, and
2. almost every black religious, media and cultural icon.

Why is it that when whites use these terms its racist, but when blacks do it is not?
The reality is they are both racist.
And it aint pretty no matter who does it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join