New racist web browser!!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

That's what I'm talking about. Almost every race/culture through out our entire history has been opressed or been the opressor. We simply can't keep passing down the blame on future generations. I think slavery is horrible. I think that what was done to Native Americans was horrible. But I personally was not involved with any of it. The only thing I can do is teach my children the lessons we learn from history and the importance of treating all people with respect. We may not be able to forget but we do have to forgive.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I downloaded this yesterday....

Today I got the following:

1. A govt check
2. A new job at the port authority
3. A huge white tshirt
4. And a book "Always play the victim"

LOL.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Imagine replacing black in the quotes with white and think of the responce.

My exact thoughts whenever I hear of a University that does separate black graduations for black students who desire this. Of course because of "policy" white students can take part in it if they wish. Yeah right, would you take part in a black graduation ceremony? I don't understand why some people segregate themselves and why only white people who do so are racist. If a school had separate white graduations they'd be in deep trouble. The double standard is outrageous.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

If those percentages are correct then it's not racist.
If those percentages are correct then it's a fact.
Should we ignore facts in order to not be seen as 'racist'?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Guys, racism is in the eye of the beholder. If someone believes you are a racist, then to them, you are a racist. There really isn't anything you can do about it aside from whoring out the person you are for the person they want you to be. That is as ridiculous and embarassing as watching Don Imus fall all over himself apologizing to Al Sharpton and whoever else would listen for saying something he never should have apologized for in the first place.

What is completely in your own control, however, is whether or not it matters to you and by how much. Myself, I could give a crap whether someone thinks I'm a racist or not. I've known people who were obvious racists who turned out to be good people and I've known people who were extremely progressive & politically correct who have turned out to have zero trustworthyness and no moral character whatsoever. What the media pushes as racism (using racial epithets, telling off color jokes, opinionated stereotyping, etc) doesn't bother me, it's just someone's opinion and ultimately it's meaningless. True racial discrimination, on the other hand, is a different story entirely. Then you're no longer just voicing an opinion, but rather you're affecting someone's livelihood and abillity to live life.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Question

"They" huh??

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Great find and totally racist.

Fine for a website to have American African - it is the "black" that is insulting. I can imagine all sorts of sites for expats of the UK in Spain. but does it matter what colour they are? - they will all have the same problems.

Let's explore this a bit further, what opinion is it that black Africans have that white Africans do not? And what if you are borne from a mix caste (from black and white parents)? Sounds puerile but makes the point of whether this is racism or not.

This stuff is devisive, plays on people stereotypes and is no help to anyone who lives in a cmulti ethnic environment i.e. all of us.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Great find and totally racist.

Fine for a website to have American African - it is the "black" that is insulting. I can imagine all sorts of sites for expats of the UK in Spain. but does it matter what colour they are? - they will all have the same problems.

Let's explore this a bit further, what opinion is it that black Africans have that white Africans do not? And what if you are borne from a mix caste (from black and white parents)? Sounds puerile but makes the point of whether this is racism or not.

This stuff is devisive, plays on people stereotypes and is no help to anyone who lives in a cmulti ethnic environment i.e. all of us.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
www.bet.com...

what bout BET? were they being racist all this time and just now that a browser came out that we know about it?.. aaah, dang!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Things have begun to change but Blacks have culturally been accustomed to living amongst themselves...just like other ethnic groups have.

Why do we have "ChinaTown" in most major US cities ?
What about Indian Reservations ...?

The entire state of Oklahoma was originally designated as "Indian Territory"
until they discovered that those dark puddles on the land contained oil ...
no more Indian Territory...it's now a state.

But looking at this .... a black specific browser ....hmmm ?

Whats a browser do besides translate HTML and execute scripts that can make you money ?
One word ....Advertisements !

It looks to me as another way of segmenting the marketing of black specific products and services, etc a multi Billion dollar industry ....via online advertisements.

Deny Ignorance...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I agree,
Black people are some of the most racist people on the planet. Can you imagine the outrage if we had a United Caucasian College Fund?! Many are so hung up on race that anything MMK did to free them of racism and segregation is for nothing. They are so obsessed with race that they've enslaved themsleves once again because that's all they think about or that's how they live thier lives. It's a shame, really.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I have decided that I need a redneck browser. I want locations of all trailer parks and filtered by those that still have lights up on July 4th.

I will also need GPS on all local yard sales.

I want news about all redneck sporting events, like cow tipping, and all my icons should look like jeff foxworthy or larry the cable guy.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's just a browser that delivers specific content based on country or race.
Just as www.google.co.jp and www.google.co.in

The only difference is that this is in program form.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Its dumb down news thats sells stuff to black people , When you hear one side of a story you are controlled and when you are controlled you are a Slave , Thats pretty ironic dont you think Black people want to be masters of their own Race and Blame the whites when things go wrong , Which will happen soon since Obama is Clueless, Of coures it will be his Half White side that made the mistakes

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

People do it to themselves. Why are there more liquor stores in black neighborhoods? Because liquor sells there! Why are there liquor stores next to reservations? Because it sells! But, the indians didn't ask for it. The blacks didn't ask for it.

Did blacks ask for their own browser or is this browser another one of those viral sales things like Colt40 or KFC Chicken Wings? Who the hell cares? This is a capitalist society and if it so happens that chicken wings are bought up mostly by blacks, is that racist?

I would think that a browser that is primarily marketed to blacks will not do too well (unless its got innovative features EVERYONE can use like my favorite, FIREFOX!). Is it racist to think that black people using this browser would think they are missing out on other things because the browser brings out black results first? I would not like a browser that brings up only "Cree" Indian results as I would feel it was "limiting" me. My people are great, don't get me wrong, but I don't know of too many Cree Indians who write blogs about rocket science! (On the other hand, there are tons of blogs on this subject written by other peoples!)

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Is this racist...heck no!!!!! Just because a person wants to focus on a certain demographis that isn't racist. Its funny that white people get so mad when people of color create something for themselves.

For the longest time the black people wanted to be on an equal playing field with whites. Now black people are starting to relize that eventhough the field isn't always equal society as a hole needs what we conribute.

I think this will be a good way for young black to be exposed to different images of black culture. Not the doom and gloom crime ridden igrnorance that is promoted via entertainment and mainstream news media.

How many time have you looked at you local news station and thought to yourself....why did they pic the drunk homeless guy with one tooth. It's all about perception. Unfortunatley the black communities troubles are what is "celebrated" in the media. As a result some less imformed people think that all black people are like what they see on tv.

Think about it...more often than not a story about a crime could be drawn out for weeks, but a story about a man investing in his community is overlooked.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by T0by

You are of course right.

My issue is that they stated this browser is for black people.

As was jokingly posted-
- whitebird WOULD be considered racist and probably get sued out of existence.

Well, the way I see it, if whitebird is racist and need to be sued, so is blackbird.

It is racist because it makes it seem as if blacks don't want to be, for example, Integrated Americans, they want to be separated blacks.

That said, I am not blind to directional advertising either.

It just don't like the way it's presented and again, what about whitebird, how are you with that?

Is it racist? Is it a good idea?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
Separatism, certainly. Racism I'm not so sure about. I mean no one is saying whites can't use it. Or even that they wouldn't want to. In all seriousness, many ethnic communities practice this same sort of separatism as a means of preserving culture and have for a long time (think newspapers).

I agree.

I listen to Farai Chideya's "News and Notes" on NPR as I drive back from school and it's interesting to hear a take on issues from the standpoint of a different community. They do, by the way, discuss the issue of racism and have in the past condemned members of their own community for being racist.

Much of what shows up is cultural -- interviews with Black actors, for instance, who may be minor characters on big shows or movies but who are interesting to other Blacks ... the "hey, someone who sorta looks like me is on tv!" And yes, the take on the news is just a little different than I hear on mainstream NPR.

I think it is interesting to have both views, and I think it makes me better aware of things when I need to address cultural issues.

We all tend to do that kind of sorting. I don't, for instance, listen to the music that 18-25 years olds are listening to (as a rule) -- it's too atonal and frankly often played at a level that hurts my ears. I find the attitudes in the music ... not to my tastes. I avoid things with cute young 20-something girls because frankly they're the age of my daughter and the outfits and hair and makeup styles would look totally stupid on me and I could no more do the dance moves that they do than I could fly. Nor am I looking for a 20-something guy to date.

That doesn't make me racist or ageist... I'm not trying to suppress those things (racism/ageism does.) I just have no interest in them.

Remember, racism is all about suppression.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I think this will be a good way for young black to be exposed to different images of black culture. Not the doom and gloom crime ridden igrnorance that is promoted via entertainment and mainstream news media.

How many time have you looked at you local news station and thought to yourself....why did they pic the drunk homeless guy with one tooth. It's all about perception. Unfortunatley the black communities troubles are what is "celebrated" in the media. As a result some less imformed people think that all black people are like what they see on tv.

Think about it...more often than not a story about a crime could be drawn out for weeks, but a story about a man investing in his community is overlooked.

Very well stated.

We actually need more of those stories about ALL races -- but quite often we need more attention to some of the positive things in the Black sector of the community. When we see stories about heroes like ourselves, we think of them as role models. If the heroes are too different we can't relate to them in our hearts and don't look to them as role models.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join