New racist web browser!!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It's not racist for a race who's culture has been all but exterminated and written out of history to have resources that help people retain their culture.

Whites want blacks to be like them (they want all people to be like them), blacks just want their own culture that's unique to them, and be excepted for it.

That is not racism, that is preservation of culture and history.

And yes of course it would be deemed racist if whites did the same because it's not necessary. White culture is all around us alive and well and has many many resources and outlets that promote it. You just don't notice because you're white and the majority, especially when it comes to media. It doesn't have to be racist or obviously 'white' to be a culturally 'white' show in the eyes of non-whites. It's not racist for a race who's culture has been all but exterminated to have resources that help people retain their culture and history.

It's not about racism it's about culture and history. And not his-story either.

[edit on 12/10/2008 by ANOK]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
"Blacks are much more likely to listen to rap music than whites"
Is that statement racist?

So if I developed a program (such as iTunes) which was geared towards the black community and the interface was obviously geared towards rap, would that be racist?
When does it become racist?
Should we ignore certain facts about the likes and dislikes and other qualities of races to appear more politically correct?
Should we bend over backwards just to show that we're ok with other races? Wouldn't that be even more racist? Why does it matter?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
technically it's not "racist" at all and it's probably a really good idea. however i wonder what racist sites it'll link you to that make it racist by default.

black people will never trust white people, ever. probably shouldn't either. you shouldn't trust anyone no matter the skin color with anything important in your life anyway.

It, and the content of your post, Mozzy, are more racist than ANYTHING the person said in a recent thread about black community crime statistics. I saw you all over that thread like white on rice (excuse the pun) throwing the 'R' word around for no good reason - simply because someone wanted to raise a stastistical issue civily.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I actually find it funny how you people are grouping all black people into the same group that created this browser. Who is to say how many people are even using this browser? This is typical though, if one group of black people do something, its the entire race thats doing it. This browser isnt racist (stupid, but not racist), but some of your comments really are. Get some perspective people and realize that a small amount of people dont equal the entire race..

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
And yes of course it would be deemed racist if whites did the same because it's not necessary. White culture is all around us alive and well and has many many resources and outlets that promote it.

a) White culture is going through a long prosecution - especially here in the UK. White people deserve ethno-centric resources just as much as anyone else.
b) Western nations were designed largely by whites. If white culture isn't allowed to be openly celebrated in the West, where is it allowed to be celebrated? Are you only allowed to celebrate if in the minority? Because yes, whilst Western culture is still (just about) white, there is an unspoken pride - a silent, fragile one that is not permitted to openly assert itself.

I'm all for celebration of culture and folk, as long as it is permitted for all.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This web browser is retarded. It seems more like a cruel joke than anything else, much like the Safari joke page that someone listed earlier. And I would agree that it's not quite the textbook definition of the word racist, but does it virtually amount to that? Yes.

And personally, I don't think there should be special "ethno-centers" or "white browsers" or centers more than just heritage sites, because those in themselves are racist. Racism is just a primitive form of collectivism, to paraphrase Ayn Rand, and just because certain statistics or trends cater to a larger demographic of one race doesn't merit a collective acknowledgment as their own culture or vice versa.

But what do I know? Ayn Rand was white, wasn't she? Oh, must be racist. Discredit my argument and forget what I said.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by SpencerJ]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Wow, it’s no wonder that African Americans want to distance themselves from everyone else if the hatred and anger on this thread is anything to go by. Racism is definitely alive and well but I see more of it on this thread than in a marketing campaign for a web browser. People who are not African American do not understand that although many people want to see past color there is still a huge majority that don’t (or think they don’t.) These people that won’t see past color can be encountered on a daily basis: in shops; in schools; in work places; in bars; in institutions; on the street; in the media; and on the internet. Imagine having to deal with that from the moment you are born. It can affect a child for decades perhaps a lifetime. So it is a natural response to gather around people who are similar to you. It gives people a sense of security and community much like forums such as this. It may be considered a racist web browser if Black people held the majority of power and wealth in the world after a history of violence against and exploitation of non-Black people, but that is not the current paradigm. Try to see the bigger picture. Why not channel this energy into something more productive instead of focusing on the negative? There must surely be more important matters to think about these days?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If ever you see a white person screaming 'that's racist' at the sight of a slightly bent towards black thing, as this 'web browser' is, you can be assured the person has used the N-word regularly, thinks blacks are totally responsible for what ails tem in society (systemic racism, years of being fought every step, fighting against their freedom from slavery, fighting against their right to integrate, fighting against their right to vote, etc.).

I'm confident in who I am, and yes, I am white. I don't need to say 'see they're racist too' to feel better about my own racist views. No doubt that person has been called out for being racist in the past and thus feels the need to bring up such trivial stuff. Yes, when a black activist group such as the 'Black Israelite' movement pops up and says outright racist things about whites, then you can call them on it. I will every time. No kind of racism from anyone is acceptable.

And I don't have any kind of white-man's burden either. All of my grandparents immigrated to America from European origins. I'm not responsible for what slave owners did centuries ago. I don't have to apologize to anyone. But I am aware still, despite civil rights, despite Affirmative Action, there is still a disadvantage for blacks in many areas of society vs. whites. Notice the nay-sayers on such things as the original poster, and those who rally against Affirmaitve Action, they always do that under the guise of being against any kind of discrimination.

But when they read about or witness a clear case of it against a non-white, they roll their eyes and act like they're crying wolf. And in their lives I can guarantee not one finger was ever lifted to fight for any such cause unless it directly beneftitted their white-selves. I've seen this so often, it's redundant. Can't you folks be original for once?

I'm not saying you're racist, or that for certain you've said or done racist things, but I can guarantee the same 'concern' for the much more evident plight of blacks in America vs. 'us poor white folks' (who control everything, including the NWO, which as you notice, is 100% white skinned men) is not found in anything you've ever said or done. IE. it's not a problem until it's a problem for me and 'my kind' eh? We've got a ways to go.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Poet Of Deception
i don't think its racist, i think its a good idea for people from the african american origin and race to get together.

The only thing racist about it is you implying that it is...

Well, then you would also have no problem with all those white folk getting together on websites like stormfront - afterall they;

* know the White nationalist online a place to build and foster community now more than ever.

* know that White nationalists prefer online news and information from the White nationalist perspective.

* know that they are twice as likely to be among the first to discover new trends and use advanced technology compared to the general population.

And they want to;

* CONNECT to White nationalist Internet News, TV, Sports, websites, and all that's most popular in their community.

* EMPOWER their Internet to find what they want when they want it.

* ENTERTAIN themselves with entertainment content from the White nationalist community.

Because stormfront was created primarily to make it easier to find White nationalist related content on the Internet and to interact with other members of the White nationalist community online by sharing stories, news, comments and videos the forums.

Right? It's a good thing, then??

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with a black web browser for black people. I think the OP pointed that out.
What it seems like the OP was trying to say is that it is not racist but hypocritical. How can a society that allows separatism of any ethnic group but one, be anything but pure hypocrisy?
If you want it to be 'fair' then everybody should be able to have their own separatist organizations based on race or religion or shoe size or whatever BS idea they come up with.
By the way, "Fair" is a lie made up by manipulative game players who want us to think that there is something wrong with being different from each other.
Hypocrites.
As far as the web site goes. Who really cares? Most of us wouldn't know about it if it hadn't been brought up here.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by badgerprints]

[edit on 10-12-2008 by badgerprints]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well, not sure if this has been noted, but look at the 'About' links on both sites...

Blackbird was developed on the simple proposition that we, as the African American community, can make the Internet experience better for ourselves and, in doing so, make it better for everyone. Primarily we believe that the Blackbird application can make it easier to find African American related content on the Internet and to interact with other members of the African American community online by sharing stories, news, comments and videos via Blackbird.

In turn, we can provide you with up-to-date information about what's hot in our community as well as news and user recommendations related to all things African American. So, we encourage you to download and try Blackbird now that it's available!

White Bird was developed on the simple proposition that we, as the White American community, can make the Internet experience better for ourselves and, in doing so, make it better for everyone. Primarily we believe that the White Bird application can make it easier to find White American related content on the Internet and to interact with other members of the White American community online by sharing stories, news, comments and videos via White Bird.

In turn, we can provide you with up-to-date information about what's hot in our community as well as news and user recommendations related to all things White American. So, we encourage you to download and try White Bird now that it's available!

I realise they're practically the same website(s) which have replaced the word black with white, and vice versa - however is it just me who's thought 'hold on a minute?' And then the 'white bird' website then states:

"Introducing White Bird!
White Bird is the web browser for the White American Community. White Bird was developed by a team of white people and is in no way related to the Blackbird project.

Well, you've both got something in familiar...was someone too lazy to write their own description about their 'web browser'? Maybe I'm just being too picky, or maybe I have in fact, got the wrong end of the stick (this has been known to happen plenty of times!). Is it just me? Someone tell me it's just me, at least I'll then have peace of mind, lol! Just thought it were rather odd, was all.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
im white, and i like this browser a lot hahaha

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExistenceUnknown
reply to post by Poet Of Deception

If we did what the OP stated and replaced black with white. Would it be racist then?

Edit: Ahh the post above me has extended my point... Is that browser racist?

[edit on 10-12-2008 by ExistenceUnknown]

Ok after seing there is a black and white bird! I take back what i said!

People need to learn to get along! because what is coming within the next few years will test, friendships, truths, beliefs and the world.

Racism is the worst kind of hatred against the human race!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think its a cool looking browser.

This ranting is really stupid. To go off saying that this browser is a signal of racisim, that the browser means segrigation just becasue it is built specifically for the black community.

Geez get a grip people. If it bothers you that much, and your not black, and you feel infringed upon or feel like your being excluded, then download the damned thing and start using it!!!!

Or go into your browser's options and change your browsers looks so they mimick this one!

Or if your code savy, write a "white" browser.

I wouldnt mind seeing an American Indian look browser, or a Spanish looking browser, or an oriental browser.

You taking notes? I see a money maker with that idea.

Rush on out and patent it. Just give credit where credit is due.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Is someone being purposely devisive to heat up internal racial strife for a civil war or is there another motive? My guess is that there are advertisers that would prefer one or the other site and would pay for the audience. Once again, I believe that "It's all about money" and that someone has figured an angle. If it works, good for them, if it doesn't, too bad.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
lol.. I think the company that is offering the racist web browser should be sued for perpetuation of a hate inspired environment that demeans the rest of AMERICA'S racial diversity.

Just the comment alone that African Americans are apt to search out cutting edge technologies first and again more so than any other ethnically bound person is slanderous in that it's calling other ethnicities more ignorant than African Americans, not to mention pure unadulterated degradation to other ethnic groups as a whole.

It's going to happen, whoever put that out there is in for some rudeness in their wheaties!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
There isnt anything with that browser that would prevent a Mexican, a White person, or any other ethnic group from downloading it and actually using it.

Unless somehow recently website are able to determine your skin color and prevent you from downloading and using the thing.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

How about a web browser catering specifically to senior citizens? You could call it Internet Explainer.

Or one for younger Americans who are internet addicted and can't seem to force themselves off the web and into the real world for at least a while each day? Name it Web Methadone and design it so it crashes every 20 minutes, forcing the user to actually pry themself away from their PC for a couple of hours while waiting for their link to re-establish.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
the world will never get on different football (soccer) supporters fight , different religions fight, different schools fight, countrys fight each other, racism will always exist between all races, right or wrong, but most of us just want to get on with our lives and have a bit of fun on the way

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join