It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial Times: "And Now for a World Government"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitl103
When has a government EVER united the people in a more constructive way than a people without government? Mass fear and conquest do not equal constructive.

So let me get this straight... When the barbarians overthrew the gov of Rome, that didn't itself lead to Mass fear and conquest?

Huh?

Unity is always the ultimate goal. But unity under law and currency? Go ahead and tie the strings to our wrists, because absolute control will inevitably lead to absolute slavery.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by whitl103]

Absolute control? What are you talking about? How does OWG and OWC equal absolute control?

Some people are just not educated.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I ike it where the article says (something like) "world governance is effective only when it is anti-democratic"...that's the whole idea, right...once you have one power elite worldwide, there they be, there they stand, put the screws in...even in a two-bloc scenario, there's competition to keep the populace a little bit on the side of the home government, lest they lose the struggle with Oceania, or whoever...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The European Union has already set up a continental government for 27 countries, which could be a model. The EU has a supreme court, a currency, thousands of pages of law, a large civil service and the ability to deploy military force.

The United States has already set up a continental government for 50 small countries, which could be a model. The US has a supreme court, a currency, thousands of pages of law, a large civil service and the ability to deploy military force.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiote

Amen
The US does have its problems but So young that it is it has accomplished much a good model... until recent corruptions haev really madei t look so bungling....
blah what wa i saying

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
One global government would be terrible for several reasons...

1. As seen, financial instability spreads from one nation to another through globalization.
2. The laws of a global community will never reflect the laws of the various religions.
3. Look at what we have in Europe, a faceless, detached group asserting ridiculous laws in order to "standardize" all of the nations within.
4. Corruption will go global (more so than it already is) and none of us will have anyone to hold as answerable.
5. Already, democracy is fragile. Look at what is happening in the U.S. If we had a global power, and democracy is eroded (by inevitable laws to fight the many millions of terrorists it will create) where are you going to run to?

There are thousands of other reasons also.

But more importantly, what will it solve?
What will be the benefits of one global government? How will it unite the many religions that have been at odds for centuries? How will it improve security? How will it improve democracy?

We are a long way from being able to manage a global democratic government. Once we have removed the monetary system from our lives, evolved beyond greed and power, moved beyond hypocritical religions proclaiming universal love with one voice and advocating murder with another, then it's something to think about.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by detachedindividual]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Succinctly put sir! Starred!

More and more people under the control of a shrinking minority is NOT a good thing. Think Hitler and the Nazis if you don't think it is possible.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whiterabbit85

we already have all that stuff, well, not we, but we still have some freedoms, the only benefits of a one world government would be in about 500 years when all the wrinkles are out. But for us, now, no good can come of it.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The Last Man on Earth
I'm sure this thread will be full of idealists spouting crap like this without considering the nature of the people taking control.

It will not, and I stress this, be a democracy.

I couldn't agree more..
I think a benevolent one world government is certainly possible, but only if the people themselves are involved in the unification process. If not, then it definitely does not benefit the people and those who conspire to bring about a one world government in secrecy do not have our best interests at heart. A bit like the EU then...

[edit on 9-12-2008 by kindred]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
1. As seen, financial instability spreads from one nation to another through globalization.

Gradual systemic failure so far has only been a result of some parts of the world rejecting or stalling globalization, while others fully embrace the notion. When we get over that hurdle, the problem is quickly resolved. The wealth of the world would then be redistributed to the most productive regions, as opposed to those protected by governments for the purpose of national self interest and security. A one world government would not favor particular states, i.e. corporate subsidization would not exist, otherwise it would be illegal, and so capital would move freely on an international open market, to wherever it is most productively used... where the most creative and competitive people use it. So it might very well spell the end of the U.S. and the American dream, as all that wealth is reallocated to places that actually deserve it (naturally that is, through the open market... I'm using "deserve" in a metaphorical sense). So the only problem I see here is civil unrest in an exceptionally complacent country that has not "deserved" the wealth it has so far experienced. But is that not to be expected? It's almost like taking away all the toys from a spoiled and narcissistic little boy one day as punishment for reckless behavior, after he's been enjoying them for so many years. He can't possibly understand why his toys were taken away, because he's never had a sense of responsibility.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The beginings of a one world government are already here its called the WTO and there is nothing that can be done to stop it.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Yep.

Pretty much.

Which is why I think people oppose it.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The fact that the elites keeping pushing the pram with this NWO.

Proves to me that it will undoubtedly crumble. We must not forced these agenda's onto humanity.

Humanity represents oneness, but also freedom aswell.

NWO is a control mechanism, nothing more and nothing less.

It's about time the sheeple wake up, and the elites step down

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

For some odd reason people don't normally think of that when thinking of America. At first I thought it could be due to the US leaving a bad taste in the mouths of the world recently, but honestly I think its more related to ignorance of facts.

Personally I think if they going to form some kind of Global Federation, the US government would be the most stable model. I don't think a European style parliamentary system would be all that stable in the longterm.

Regardless of its form, the terrible reality is that it would fall eventually. I think the last World War would be this Federations first global Civil War. If one uses US history as an example, the first Global Civil War would probably lead to the consolidation of power in the central government over the members of the Federation.

This Global Union wouldn't last forever though. It could collapse within less than a 100 years like the Soviet Union. I personally think it would have a very difficult time making it past 500 years without collapsing, dissolving, or fragmenting. If we ever get off this rock, the first real colonies will most likely rebel and revolt.

The Sad truth is the bigger it is, the the bigger the mess it will make when it goes. Humans by nature are obssessed with the preservation of identity, whether thats tribal, racial, national, or even sexual identity. It is in our nature to be ambitious and to compete to win. Those qualities alone will prevent any World Government from lasting too long or really being a true world government. We love to argue, we love to fight, and we always love to be right even when wrong. If one analyzes history and human nature, one might discover that the very concept of Unity is antithetical to Humanity.

[edit on 9/12/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Erp, If you think about what goes on around the world with regards to how Governments FARM humans. It is a fair conclusion that at leased on some levels we already have a singular Government. What difference does it make that we are sorted into different countries when the highest adgenders of Governments around the world are the same. People we need to read between the lines here because the only thing that has not happened towards a Global Government is disclosure. How on Earth can the hypocrisy of countries like USA, Israel, Russia and Chine be tolerated for one moment unless they are ALL in on it? Just my 2cents.

-=ThoTh=-

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
African Union..
European Union...
The eventual Asian Union and NAU..

You don't think their will be people controlling the leaders of each of those Unions?; Hence, a World Gov't?

THAT far fetched?

It's happening people...
& it all starts with a planned financial collapse.

It's happening.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

The Sad truth is the bigger it is, the the bigger the mess it will make when it goes. Humans by nature are obssessed with the preservation of identity, whether thats tribal, racial, national, or even sexual identity. It is in our nature to be ambitious and to compete to win. Those qualities alone will prevent any World Government from lasting too long or really being a true world government. We love to argue, we love to fight, and we always love to be right even when wrong. If one analyzes history and human nature, one might discover that the very concept of Unity is antithetical to Humanity.

[edit on 9/12/08 by MikeboydUS]

It would seem that not having a more unified world is what contributes the most to those "Obsessions". I personally grew up in a very diverse community. That, and having very good parents who taught me at a very young age to value and respect other people, guided me away from feelings like the ones you describe. So its really a matter of whether or not people take seriously the responsibility of educating their children. This will stop that ancient cycle of destructive behavior and set us back on to the proper evolutinary path.
Evolution, can be applied to many things, and the way we choose to structure the governance of a society is no exeption. Our present economic situation is a good example of a catalyst for such a change. We will either "evolve" our "ecomic" system, or we will fail as a society.
One we have the above issues fixed, the only logical next step for our current system of separate nations is a unification. I am willing to bet that we can make it happen in our lifetimes.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well, according to NWO takeover, 500 million of us have to die...so the selected ones have room, and because we are not part of thier agenda, they decide who lives and dies.. Look at hopw lovely our goverement covered up 9/11, have so many secrets hidden form us, and bush's detailing of the constitution for us.. this is at leat, what they have in store for us..along with greed and profit..
i owuld not buy into the north american union...they have repeatedly lied to us manyt imes, so what makes yuo think, thas gunna change?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Alphard

too bad i'm late to the party

are you serious? are you in your sound mind welcoming
one goverment? are you a sheople or a man?
haven't you had enough of big brother on your head?!
i mean - seriously...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
for all those who welcome the one world, monolithic, oligarchic fascist and feudal government..... I hope it is your child, your cousin, your uncle, and your brother who get called up first.... to die in the armies to fight china russia to serve or simply to die and decrease the surplus populations ..... remember, there are six billion of the 'surplus'....... stupid friggin Americans.... clueless, clueless.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Most Americans are afraid of the idea of being united. What would they do without hating somebody, war on "insert latest fashionable hate here".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join