It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second Coming!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Everyone says the world is going to end on December 21st, 2012, but I've debunked that. 21 backwards is 12, so it makes 12/12/12. But, something may happen. December 25th is Christmas, or Christ's birthday. It may also be his Second coming. If you agree, post comments. If you don't, still give me your opinion. I'd like to see what you think about it.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I thought at first that you were just kidding around. But now I think perhaps you are curious. Christ said, I think in Matthew 25:29, that he was returning AFTER the events of the tribulation. I was raised to think in a pretrib rapture, and never saw that before. Now, the parable of the brides maids waiting for the groom, with only a few prepared for a later arrival with enough 'oil', makes a lot of sense. Most 'Christians' will not be ready for a post trib. A good source of info on this is escapeallthesethings.com and he wrote a great book on it, too.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
He also said he'd be back "soon" and even said that one or two of the deciples would still be alive. He's almost 2000 years over due.

[edit on 8/12/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
some Christians on ATS might hate me for saying this but do you guys think its possible that the second coming of Christ has already happened?

to me this seems possible. if he came out and said "I'm the messiah" or something along those lines he'd be locked up in the loony bin for life.

and just for the record i am a christian and i don't believe this has happened I'm just putting the idea out there.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What makes this a bit worse is that December 25 is not Christs birthday. It was a pagan festival that the Catholic Church arbitrarily chose to replace with Christmas.

So, the numbers just might not work out, which could be such a disappointment.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
He returns at THE LAST TRUMP! In the original language the means the most farthest out, the end of ends. So yes we will go through tribulation but lots are already. Look at the Chinese Christians and the Somali Christians and others like that. They are being persecuted and killed for HIM now, we will also face these tribulations and we wont be RAPTURE'D OUT before the end, the farthest Trump out...

As for Jesus' birthday I have a thread with tons of information and history that shows Jesus was not born on December 25th. And he couldn't be as every pagan god and ever sun god was born on that day. Jesus, GOD in the FLESH would never come on the day that every pagan god was born on.

You can check out my thread here When was Jesus Born?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by iced_blue
some Christians on ATS might hate me for saying this but do you guys think its possible that the second coming of Christ has already happened?

to me this seems possible. if he came out and said "I'm the messiah" or something along those lines he'd be locked up in the loony bin for life.

and just for the record i am a christian and i don't believe this has happened I'm just putting the idea out there.

Ummmm... no, if you know the story, Jesus is not coming back as a normal man. He will be coming from the sky with power and will intervene in the "battle of Armageddon" at the end of the 7 year tribulation.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The entire 2012 thing is based on the Mayan calendar ending on december 21, 2012. Some say the world will end, but unless I'm mistaken the Mayans had earlier calendars that ended and were replaced without the world ending. I believe that they also made no claim of the world ending, but viewed it as the end of one cycle and beginning of another.

The Mayans prophesied that a 'serpent rope' is going to emerge from the center of our milky way galaxy out of which will appear a bearded god of enlightenment. I find it interesting that the Mayans would make a claim involving the galactic center all that time ago, only to have scientists and astronomers now say that we are indeed nearing the galactic center.

There are all kinds of interesting things that are said will happen near that time, celestial alignments, our nearing the galactic center etc. Nibiru is said to be on a 3600 year orbit and due to return also.

So will the world end?
Will a 'serpent rope' and bearded god emerge from the galactic center?
Will Jesus come back?
Will Nibiru and the Anunnaki return?
Will we all wake up on December 22, 2012 with a Y2K/GFL type let down?

Nobody knows for sure, and anyone who claims to know for sure is either outright lying, has deluded him or her self, or is in direct contact with some higher force not of this world.

It does make one heck of interesting conversation though.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

I find it interesting that the Mayans would make a claim involving the galactic center all that time ago, only to have scientists and astronomers now say that we are indeed nearing the galactic center.

When your hunt for knowledge isn't obscured by dogma then you'll be amazed a what people could have known.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
He also said he'd be back "soon" and even said that one or two of the deciles would still be alive. He's almost 2000 years over due.

but you have to remember that 1000 years is as........oh wait i dont believe that anymore.

good points goodwolf, it is clear you have your head on straight.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

12/21/12 is a Y2K type date, nothing will happen on that day if we are not already gone and Christ has already returned, who can say. My opinion is 2010 is going to be interesting year and I think we got a few to go before we see the END OF DAYS...

The Bible does talk about 1/3rd of the planets pop. dying and then later another 1/3rd so something has to come to do that. War, famine, disease, natural disasters and what I actually have a feeling about..

I think, I probably shouldn't say cause people will think I am nuts. I don't talk to God or see things or KNOW anything for sure but I just have a weird inside feeling that in 2010 a comet/asteroid will hit the earth and it's gonna be a big one. This is not a prediction or anything it's just something I have a feeling on. I think this will take out 1/3 of the pop. of the earth.

Don't hold this date or event against me when it don't happen, it's just a weird inkling I have...

We shall see!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

I think we got a few to go before we see the END OF DAYS...

People have been saying that for almost 2000 years.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
The entire 2012 thing is based on the Mayan calendar ending on december 21, 2012. Some say the world will end, but unless I'm mistaken the Mayans had earlier calendars that ended and were replaced without the world ending. I believe that they also made no claim of the world ending, but viewed it as the end of one cycle and beginning of another.

The Mayans prophesied that a 'serpent rope' is going to emerge from the center of our milky way galaxy out of which will appear a bearded god of enlightenment. I find it interesting that the Mayans would make a claim involving the galactic center all that time ago, only to have scientists and astronomers now say that we are indeed nearing the galactic center.

There are all kinds of interesting things that are said will happen near that time, celestial alignments, our nearing the galactic center etc. Nibiru is said to be on a 3600 year orbit and due to return also.

So will the world end?
Will a 'serpent rope' and bearded god emerge from the galactic center?
Will Jesus come back?
Will Nibiru and the Anunnaki return?
Will we all wake up on December 22, 2012 with a Y2K/GFL type let down?

Nobody knows for sure, and anyone who claims to know for sure is either outright lying, has deluded him or her self, or is in direct contact with some higher force not of this world.

It does make one heck of interesting conversation though.

We are not nearing "galactic center". The earth wobbles and it moves the position of the stars around a bit, every 25000 years this wobble lines up and in the perspective of the earth we are aligned with center, but only from the perspective of earth.

IMO, as we are talking about calanders and the positions of the stars, what we are really looking at is a way of calculating time over long periods of time, or greater cycles.

Of interest is combining the mayan pyramid and calander with the fibannci sequence, but in reverse. Where you are in a spiral and as you closer and closer to the center of that spiral, things pick up at an ever increasing rate. Like the way technology keeps advancing and advancing at a faster rate. Took how long to develop fire and things like the wheel and how long for real advancements to continue? And only 100 years ago we made our first flight and now we go into space and communicate around the world etc. Eventually things start happening at such a fast rate that it is hard for a person to keep up, in which case you will have to adjust. Those in fear will likely try to adjust by destroying all advancement, and those who aren't will embrace and go with the advancements.

Nibiru is hogwash as far as it coming here in 2012 or anytime soon like that or being a planet. This is also a completely separate from the Mayans and not the same culture, nor do the Mayan calendars have anything that would measure it's cycle. It takes Jupiter 12 years to circle the sun 1 time due to the huge distances we are talking about. If it was at Jupiters furtherest point right now and moving at the speed of the earth it would be like 2 years before it would be here. Moving at the speed of Jupiter, it would be about 5 years. So if it was anywhere near us now in that it could be here in 2012, it would be common knowledge at this point.

That however doesn't rule out that nibiru could be something else other than a planet. For it to be more inline with the Mayans Nibiru would need to be a stargate or something, or Nibiru would need to be the galactic center reaching out to us or something.

Where the 2nd coming of christ comes into all this is dealing with the astrology in the bible. As Jesus represents the age of Pisces. As I mentioned before with these things being used as a measure of time over long periods, the time to go into Aquarius and a time of knowledge and understanding(which does go along with the message of Jesus). So there is a bit of transfer that is expected around 2012 for christians if they understand the astrological parts of the bible.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfriend
Everyone says the world is going to end on December 21st, 2012, but I've debunked that. 21 backwards is 12, so it makes 12/12/12. But, something may happen. December 25th is Christmas, or Christ's birthday. It may also be his Second coming. If you agree, post comments. If you don't, still give me your opinion. I'd like to see what you think about it.

WTF? It was the christians who wanted the date of Jesus's birthday to be at on the 25th. And the 2012 thing? WTF is that all about? Just some random c.r.a.p from random people who enjoy mindconrolling other people.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
WTF? It was the christians who wanted the date of Jesus's birthday to be at on the 25th. And the 2012 thing? WTF is that all about? Just some random c.r.a.p from random people who enjoy mindconrolling other people.

Yeah, they do have a tendency to shape Jesus into the image they want, rather than what is actually true...

Like the image we see of Jesus. Doesn't actually match the description, or look anywhere near the description - but "christians" want it that way.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
We are not nearing "galactic center". The earth wobbles and it moves the position of the stars around a bit, every 25000 years this wobble lines up and in the perspective of the earth we are aligned with center, but only from the perspective of earth.

What you are talking about (unless I'm mistaken) is "precession." I'm talking about something completely different, and on a MUCH larger scale.
From what I have read the arm of our galaxy that our solar system resides in is nearing the galactic plane as well as the actual galactic center.

I'll try to find the link to where I found this information and provide it for you.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
What you are talking about (unless I'm mistaken) is "precession." I'm talking about something completely different, and on a MUCH larger scale.
From what I have read the arm of our galaxy that our solar system resides in is nearing the galactic plane as well as the actual galactic center.

I'll try to find the link to where I found this information and provide it for you.

Yes, I've been studying this stuff for quite awhile and found alot of disinformation over time.

There is another "Great Year" event and that is 1 year around the black hole. It is possible that we are about to finish up 1 of those, I really do not know. I once read that this point was marked by a rift, but it is not in the galactic plane(horizontal plane), but a piece of a dwarf galaxy that the milky way is currently eating, which is on a vertical plane. But I only ever heard this mentioned once and haven't been able to find anything that backs it up or says otherwise.

Perhaps that arm is the dwarf galaxy. It is supposed to look like a dragon eating it's own tail as well. But the link says it's 70000 light years away right now, so that kind of debunks the theory.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.solstation.com...

I know the galactic plane idea, but we are actually not near it, and we are heading away from it as far as I can tell.

There is so much disinformation it is hard to tell. But the nibiru and 2012 thing is extremely debunked, and the 25k year cycle is all about our perspective(which is appropriate in many ways as it is our perspective that is the only thing that really changes, but thats another topic).

[edit on 8-12-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

and the 25k year cycle is all about our perspective

Only when talking about the constellations, the other aspect of the great year is a full rotation of the Earth's axis angle, the cause of the procession effect.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfriend

You "debunked" what? that's simply silly. You're painting prety illusions for your mind to live in.

Jesus was never born on Dec25th. Christmas is a celebration mixing the winter equonox with the mythology of a "world savior".

You should spend less time imagining your "right" and more time researching.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
He also said he'd be back "soon" and even said that one or two of the deciles would still be alive. He's almost 2000 years over due.

There is strong argument that our part of the greater universe is over 6 billion years old. Our planets existance can be measured in millions of years.

How is 2000 years not soon?

Oh yeah, you're human.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join