It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Was Jesus born?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
All throughout history Satan has tried to be worshiped as GOD and likes to copy GOD's Celebrations and likes to infiltrate them with worship of him. Satan doesn't care how you worship him as long as you don't do as GOD said. He will accept Sun worship, Odin worship, Planetary worship like Saturnalia .

The sad part about all this is that the so-called Christian Churches today put up Christmas trees and celebrate the Birth of Jesus on the Birthday of every sun god and pagan god of ancient times and NOT even close to the day Christ was actually born. They did not heed the warning about the Traditions of Men given in the Bible like the Christians did in America for so long. Today history illiterate people try to denounce GOD and Jesus by pointing to the pagan origins of so any of today's so-called Christian Holidays like the tripe found in the pseudo-documentary "Zeitgeist". If you really want to serve GOD you should do as GOD says you should and not make up your own ways to serve him. As Jesus said "Why do you call me LORD, when you do not do as I say?"

I have included in this post much information from several sources including the History Channel and Chuck Missler and Michael Rood. Please take the time to explore the truth of this truly Pagan Celebration by perusing the information in this opening thread. Thanks in advance and I would love to hear comments on the contents from those that would like to comment.

The History Channel's - History of Christmas Video

The History Channel's - The Real Story of Christmas.

Christmas has had a long and varied history. It was been celebrated for centuries by different people, at different times, in different places, and in many different ways. Here you will find links to information about the different ways that the holiday we know as Christmas has been celebrated, or not celebrated, over the years.

The History Channel's - An Ancient Holiday.

The middle of winter has long been a time of celebration around the world. Centuries before the arrival of the man called Jesus, early Europeans celebrated light and birth in the darkest days of winter. Many peoples rejoiced during the winter solstice, when the worst of the winter was behind them and they could look forward to longer days and extended hours of sunlight. In Scandinavia, the Norse celebrated Yule from December 21, the winter solstice, through January. In recognition of the return of the sun, fathers and sons would bring home large logs, which they would set on fire. The people would feast until the log burned out, which could take as many as 12 days. The Norse believed that each spark from the fire represented a new pig or calf that would be born during the coming year. The end of December was a perfect time for celebration in most areas of Europe. At that time of year, most cattle were slaughtered so they would not have to be fed during the winter. For many, it was the only time of year when they had a supply of fresh meat. In addition, most wine and beer made during the year was finally fermented and ready for drinking. In Germany, people honored the pagan god Oden during the mid-winter holiday. Germans were terrified of Oden, as they believed he made nocturnal flights through the sky to observe his people, and then decide who would prosper or perish. Because of his presence, many people chose to stay inside.

The History Channel's - The legend of Santa Claus.

The legend of Santa Claus can be traced back hundreds of years to a monk named St. Nicholas. It is believed that Nicholas was born sometime around 280 A.D. in Patara, near Myra in modern-day Turkey. Much admired for his piety and kindness, St. Nicholas became the subject of many legends. It is said that he gave away all of his inherited wealth and traveled the countryside helping the poor and sick. One of the best known of the St. Nicholas stories is that he saved three poor sisters from being sold into slavery or prostitution by their father by providing them with a dowry so that they could be married. Over the course of many years, Nicholas's popularity spread and he became known as the protector of children and sailors. His feast day is celebrated on the anniversary of his death, December 6. This was traditionally considered a lucky day to make large purchases or to get married. By the Renaissance, St. Nicholas was the most popular saint in Europe. Even after the Protestant Reformation, when the veneration of saints began to be discouraged, St. Nicholas maintained a positive reputation, especially in Holland.

The History Channel's - CHRISTMAS UNWRAPPED: AMERICAN TRADITIONS

The History Channel's - The Ninth Reindeer.

Rudolph, "the most famous reindeer of all," was born over a hundred years after his eight flying counterparts. The red-nosed wonder was the creation of Robert L. May, a copywriter at the Montgomery Ward department store. In 1939, May wrote a Christmas-themed story-poem to help bring holiday traffic into his store. Using a similar rhyme pattern to Moore's "'Twas the Night Before Christmas," May told the story of Rudolph, a young reindeer who was teased by the other deer because of his large, glowing, red nose. But, When Christmas Eve turned foggy and Santa worried that he wouldn't be able to deliver gifts that night, the former outcast saved Christmas by leading the sleigh by the light of his red nose. Rudolph's message—that given the opportunity, a liability can be turned into an asset—proved popular. Montgomery Ward sold almost two and a half million copies of the story in 1939. When it was reissued in 1946, the book sold over three and half million copies. Several years later, one of May's friends, Johnny Marks, wrote a short song based on Rudolph's story (1949). It was recorded by Gene Autry and sold over two million copies. Since then, the story has been translated into 25 languages and been made into a television movie, narrated by Burl Ives, which has charmed audiences every year since 1964.

Chuck Missler's - The Christmas Story in 5 Audio files.

Part 1 - When Was Jesus born?

Part 2 - The Genealogy of Jesus

Part 3 - His Destiny

Part 4 - The Magi

Part 5 - The Mazzeroth

Michael Rood's - Pagan Christian Connection

Google Video Link

Now you should have a good idea of what you're doing when you put up that tree and celebrate the "Season". Put away those Traditions of Men and follow GOD and I will see you in Heaven...

Thanks for reading, listening and watching!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Great post! It makes me so happy to see this kind of post!

Still I ask, why should the Christian religions have to cave and give any day to the pagans as their own? It was a choice to put the date to celebrate the birth of Christ on December 25 (though many churches agree that Jesus was probably born in the summertime. It is a celebration, not a sure mark of the exact day He was born) If one is Christian and serious about it then, for them, no day of the year belongs to the Devil or the pagans and all that is achieved by putting Christ's birthday celebration on that day is that it is an effective block. Useful in the old days for conversions because it presented a new option. Today that aspect is largely meaningless and it is on December 25 largely out of tradition.

What makes a Christian Church is belief in the Son of God Jesus Christ who was born of Mary, died for our sins, and conquered death rising on the third day. Not Christmas Trees. Having a tree that may have pagan ties does not make or break the Church. If the entire group is unaware of the origins, or even if they aren't, and they assign a meaning to it for themselves, then that is what it means to them and whatever it meant to some pagans forever ago is irrelevant to that faith community. It as a symbol never "belonged" to the pagans. To me, the tree is a reminder of the tree of good and evil, reminding me of my origins. As a fir tree it points to the sky (not a phallic shape in my tradition but rather a assent to God as a "higher" power).

Also regarding Christmas Trees I have heard of pagan worship of trees or the spirits of trees and all things concerning trees, but again, if one is Christian, then one believes that all things belong to God and just because one group saw symbolism in an object and used in in religious ceremonies does not mean that they lay claim to it. The use of symbols in religious worship is a gift of God that allows a religion to make more tangible the ineffable. The trees belong to God, ultimately. We are only stewards of the trees.

Other things like wreaths are circles which are a strong symbol used by pagans in the old days. But was there a copyright? Religions may not be different symbolically on all fronts. The circle is a symbol of eternity, life, and unity in many groups. How one perceives symbols may resemble the same belief with someone that you fundamentally disagree with. Thus it becomes a symbol shared by all mankind. Unity is another element that Christians long for among the religions one day. Many of the symbols that we share themselves symbolize that longing for brotherhood and unity one day in heaven (because knowing the nature of man that will not happen, at least not until He comes again).

Again, great and informative post and Merry Christmas!

[edit on 7-12-2008 by newagent89]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by newagent89

I agree and actually laugh my hind end off when I see pagans or atheists suing to get christmas trees out of public places an so-called Christians are fighting to keep it. It is like he Bible says in Matthew and other places...

In those days they will call good evil and evil good...

Pagans fighting against one of their own holidays and rituals like he tree and the so-called Christians fighting to keep a completely pagan origin celebration.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
When was Jesus Born?

You may find the answer on the thread bellow, apparently some Astronomer may have solved the problem

Astronomer has solved the Star of Bethlehem mystery

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The short answer is, nobody knows for sure , nor are they ever likely to know. They can't be certain of an exact year of his birth let alone an exact date. The best that can be done is to narrow it down to a period of a handful of years.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I don't trust pagans for this reason alone:

People
Against
Goodness
And
Normalcy

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Actually, Jesus was born in august...

The Urantia book has a detailed account on the entire life of jesus, everything from birth to death, and a little bit after death.

He was born at noon, August 21, 7 B.C

mercy.urantia.org...

8. THE BIRTH OF JESUS

All that night Mary was restless so that neither of them slept much. By the break of day the pangs of childbirth were well in evidence, and at noon, August 21, 7 B.C., with the help and kind ministrations of women fellow travelers, Mary was delivered of a male child. Jesus of Nazareth was born into the world, was wrapped in the clothes which Mary had brought along for such a possible contingency, and laid in a near-by manger.

In just the same manner as all babies before that day and since have come into the world, the promised child was born; and on the eighth day, according to the Jewish practice, he was circumcised and formally named Joshua (Jesus).

I have read that some Christians, and other religions propose that life starts at conception. This may very well be why people say he was born on Christmas, but in fact he was conceived on Christmas or the month of December.

December - 9 months till - August

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Excellent thread! At least I know that we are celebrating the rise of the winter solstice and not the birth of Christ so I guess I'm okay with that. Besides Christmas is more less about giving anyways and I don't see anything wrong with that, Happy Holidays!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

All that night Mary was restless so that neither of them slept much. By the break of day the pangs of childbirth were well in evidence, and at noon, August 21, 7 B.C., with the help and kind ministrations of women fellow travelers, Mary was delivered of a male child. Jesus of Nazareth was born into the world, was wrapped in the clothes which Mary had brought along for such a possible contingency, and laid in a near-by manger.

In just the same manner as all babies before that day and since have come into the world, the promised child was born; and on the eighth day, according to the Jewish practice, he was circumcised and formally named Joshua (Jesus).

Do you Really want to know the truth?
You Can't Handle the TRUTH!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
lol incarnated i can see u r also a student of the TRUTH BOOK. It does answer allot and really strengthens my concept of what god really is. Simply awesome

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
lol incarnated i can see u r also a student of the TRUTH BOOK. It does answer allot and really strengthens my concept of what god really is. Simply awesome

It taxes me! I studied the ancient "lost scrolls" for years before I'd ever even be willing to look into the book of truth. The lost scrolls have teachings that were lost to the world, factoids, and other things, distroyed by members of churches, and these lost documents unearthed themselves.

Upon the pen of the Urantia papers the lost scrolls were not avilable to the world. The lost teachings and understandings were not in the world. However the Urantia papers and the unearthed lost scrolls match up on so many points it is imposable for the urantia papers to be anything less then what they claim to be.

The Urantia book is real. It's been right there in front of the world for near 70 years, but the world is in such spiritual confusion and darkness that the souls are too afraid to approach the light.

It baffels me.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

Jesus, or Joshua, or Yeshua was a Jew who spoke Hebrew and quoted the Torah nearly every time he spoke and was circumcised according to the Abrahamic Covenant..

FYI - Yeshua was his name and it was Yeshua of Nazareth even though he was born in Bethlehem (the City of David) as predicted thousands of years earlier by several Prophets. There is NO J in Hebrew and Yeshua means in Hebrew GODS SAVIOR.

Yeshua used the Torah and taught in the Templs, this Urantia thing, although I have seen it and looked into it, is nothing but New Age Religion trying to link itself to Yeshua Ha Meshiach like the Islamics do. If they can successfully attach themselves to Yeshua they think they get some validity to their religion. I read the AKJV only for study, but if you can show me one place in the Bible where Yeshua made comments concerning the Urantia book or quoted from it I will concede...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Thank you for your kind comments and I aint a Bible thumper so I will only say enjoy the Holiday but at least you are aware of what all the symbolism is in the different parts of Christmas. This is what this site is for, in that now you know what you're celebrating, so you are no longer Ignorant to the new information you've attained. And we all are here because we want to Deny Ignorance and become INFORMED.

Although the Merry Christmas to me was fine, I would say I don't celebrate it and I do find it offensive personally. I know that 99.9999% of the people who say it are just wishing me good things in their heart and I can't begrudge them that. So I won't be screaming at anyone that says that to me, I will only respond this way:

Merry Christmas to you my friend, I hope you enjoy your Holiday and have peace, love and joy...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The urantia book is new, very new lol...i think it came out in the 50s...its over 2000 pages of in depth talk. Desecting and talking about the truth about what god is, the beings that work for him, both spiritual in nature and also material (aliens). It also talks about how humans came to be and the history of earth. It goes back a couple million years back to the first microscopic lifeforms that developed on the planet. Not only that but it talks about religions and how they came to be on the planet...

i dunno you shouldnt desmis it as some new age type of thing because it generally doesnt deal with that in the book. The wording is immense, sometimes hard to understand, who ever wrote this probably had a couple of PHDs in English studies lol. It is far beyond my vocabulary or anyones...

just take a look at it!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

I think the first question should be "Was Jesus born?", as there is no evidence for that. Before his existence is established as fact, it doesn't make sense discussing the birth date of a hypothetical being. Kind of like us discussing what Bigfoot's favourite TV shows would be.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Well I can only suppose you didn't watch or listen to the Chuck Missler or Michael Rood stuff I posted as they answered this question in several ways.

I don't know why people strain to disregard the many sources of Christ prophecy's, and of his life and death. ANYWAYS...

This thread is about Christmas more than Jesus' birth date, I posted this to inform mostly Christians who think that Christmas is Jesus' birthday as this is surely not true. The Bible warns people not to do the things that people do on Christmas as GOD said it is an abomination to him. I only wished to inform people on the true history of and traditions of Christmas and where they come from.

If you want to argue whether Jesus' was ever really here maybe that would e a good thread for you to start, I assure you I would respond to it...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Jesus (Yeshua) Christ: Born: 6 April 3 BC; Died: 3 April 30 AD, Resurrected: 6 April 30 AD.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
The Bible warns people not to do the things that people do on Christmas as GOD said it is an abomination to him.

If God says that getting together with family, exchanging gifts, expressing wishes for peace on Earth, and generally celebrating the season is an abomination, I for one want nothing to do with him.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

God said don't cut down a tree and decorate it as it is a pagan thing, God said don't worship his son's birthday, God said don't worship he sun, God said don't follow the traditions of men.

GOD SAID THESE THINGS ARE AN ABOMINATION UNTO HIM WHEN DONE IN HIS NAME!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join