It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second Coming!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Incarnated:

Sorry, but you and I must not be getting the same meaning out of the Scriptures. I don't believe that the second coming of Christ has happened yet. Yes, it will be as he said "like a thief in the night" but he did leave us with some things to look for but more important than that, he left us with the Holy Spirit. The Spirit knows what Christ and the Father knows. If we are one in the spirit with the Father then we are also one in the spirit with Christ and The Holy Spirit. He (The Holy Spirit) was sent to be a helper and teacher when Christ ascended to heaven. I believe, IF we KEEP close fellowship with the Father he will help our spirit become one with his and in the divine time of fellowship we will be given spiritual knowledge as we need it.

Also, the Scriptures make it very clear that ALL WILL SEE the second advent of Christ. There will be NO DOUBT when you hear the trumpet and the angels coming on the clouds. All though, that is not the way you want to see him when we see him again. If you believe in the rapture, then you believe that you will be taken up to meet him in the clouds before all this happens.

Yes, it is true that Christ is here in the sense that he left his presence here with us before he ascended to heaven. Through the Holy Spirit he is always with us and sees us and laughs at us and cries with us and hears everything we say even before we say it. So, yes, in a sense he is already here, but that is because in a sense he never really left us.

I see your point that you were making with the part of Scripture "only the Father knows" and I fell that Christ was God when he was here during the first advent but that they are two seperate persons in the Godhead or trinity. I do believe that it is possible that the Father can have knowledge that The Son would not have knowledge of unless the Father wished for The Son to know said event. I still stand by my interpetion of the Scripture the way I read it. I am not one to cut my Bible up into sound bits and use parts here or parts there. We just do not see it the same way, but I do not try to imply to you that your "knowledge" of understanding is inferior to my understanding or knowledge of Scripture and I don't appreciate your implying that I am wrong and you are right. We just disagree on the wisdom of what "it" tells us. So again sorry, I don't see it the way you do but you have every right to read it and get from it what you do.

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by iced_blue
some Christians on ATS might hate me for saying this but do you guys think its possible that the second coming of Christ has already happened?

to me this seems possible. if he came out and said "I'm the messiah" or something along those lines he'd be locked up in the loony bin for life.

and just for the record i am a christian and i don't believe this has happened I'm just putting the idea out there.

There are two theological schools that think this: Partial Preterism and Full Preterism.

Partial preterism is compatable with any of the pretrib and mid trib rapture scenarios, as it doesn't say Jesus has come, just that all of the preconditions have been fulfilled.

Full Preterism says he already returned back about the time of the destruction of the temple. It is concidered Heretical.

Go see some posts on theologyweb.com (though not today, as they are closed in rememberance of one of their regulars who passed away), or some of the articles at tektonics.org for a good primer on partial preterism.

Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well, all these reply are very interesting. But, I left out a few words concerning the matter. I was discussing with a few of my friends, who are also Mormon, and we all came up with something might happen on the 21st. In 2012, scientist's predict a large asteroid will hit Earth. If it does, it will be a sign of the Second coming. Natural disasters are happening as predicted. We're getting more hurricanes, wildfires, and earthquakes than we did 20 or even 10 years ago. The war of Armageddon was also described as World War III, and many philosophers, scientists, and politicians believe that this Iraqi war will become World war III. The signs are all around us, you just have to open your eyes and look.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfriend

Dragonfriend:

You know, there are signs all around us, but those of us who are believers should not fear, because our Father will be with us through all we endure. My favorite psalm is 121, I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let my foot slip - he who watches over me will not slumber; indeed he who watches over Israel will neither slumber not sleep. The Lord watches over me - the Lord is my shade at my right hand; the sun will not harm me by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep me from all harm - he will watch over my life; the Lord will watches over my coming and going both now and forevermore.

Our journey is indeed one that has pitfalls, but there is divine help during those pitfalls. I believe if we have a spiritual relationship with our Father that in times of quiet fellowship his spirit indwells with our spirit and helps guide us and gives us spiritual knowledge and wisdom if we ask for it. We must stay always in a state of contact with what The Holy Spirit is teaching us. It is hard to explain, but very real.

Peace,
Grandma

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join