It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

there is a mouse in my house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
he has been darting in and out of the room i am bunking in at my parents house. they want me to set traps to kill him but i don't think i want to. he is just a little guy and he is not bothering me that much

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Then buy some live bait traps that will trap him without harming him. Then you can let him outside, where he will most likely come right back inside.

I'd kill him personally. Have to do it all the time at my house.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Just get a humane trap, they love raw bacon.
But if your fine with him, wait do you know they can't control their bowels and just drop werever..

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
it's winter time here in ohio though so i don't want to stick em outside. this house is just as much his as it is ours i guess. for now i am going to pardonm him but if i start seeing more or he become a nuicense(sp) then i will deliver the final blow

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have no real problem with mice. Just little guys trying to make their way in this world.

I used to keep rats as pets and I found that rats don't like mice much. They would break out of their tank, go find a mouse and rip it apart then climb back into the tank all proud of their accomplishment. I would wake up in the morning to find a mouse nice and mutilated somewhere in the middle of the floor.

While I do agree with you about mice not being much of a bother, they do tend to carry disease (including the plague) and it might be in your families best interest to remove the little guy as soon as possible.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If there is one, there will be more. They do lots of damage to property. I hunt for them all year long in my house. I set snap-traps, good old fashioned snap-traps. Athough I'm the only one that sets and empties the traps, in the house. My husband won't touch them.

Those little mice are soo cute, but they get into the food, chew holes through entertainment centers, live in the tvs, they can get anywhere. You should try to control the population before they multiply, then it's only harder to catch them all. Their poo is horrible and you aren't suppose to touch it or vaccum it up, only sweep it and dispose of it without touching it.

The mice that I haven't caught yet, steal the dog's food during the night and bury it in my plant soil in my houseplants. Drives me crazy, always sweeping up soil off the floor. They steal my houseplants too. I think they are trying to decorate their little mouse houses inside my walls.

I refuse to use poisons (I do have a dog and a child) but the thought of them ingesting the poison and dying inside my walls and drop ceilings to smell as they decompose is a worse thought.

They do sometimes steal the traps, they are sneaky buggers. I just wanted to give you some info, if you see one, there are many more around.

A_L (but am posting anon on this computer)

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Last year there was one in my house. In the mornings you could hear it scratching around in the walls. It also took some dog food each night. I set up a mouse trap with some peanut butter on the basement stairs and the next morning it was in there.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Go to your local produce sotre or hardware...
They should sell avery cages to catch mice in, the mice go in for food...and can't get back out.
Peanut butter on bread is great bait....if you don't want to kill the mouse cage him as a pet...before he chews through the wires and causes $$$$$ damage.
1 mouse can turn in 20 real quick...then before you know it you have a mouse plague...and you will have to move out.
My choice would be catch it in the cage....fill up a bucket of water ,drop in cage,come back in 1hr, RIP little mouse.
Poisons are very cruel....takes weeks to kill...etc.
Bucket much kinder, over in seconds.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekonabroom
1 mouse can turn in 20 real quick...

Errr - sorry to be picky... ONE mouse?? turn into 20?

I'm fairly sure it takes two to tango

To the OP - You probably got to do it sooner or later. Like others have said it's either gonna chew something expensive or bring any amount of germs into your place - And you really got to remember mice and rats have VERY good immune systems, especially rats (I love rats, used to keep em) the point is that little rodent can run around happy as larry carrying god knows what - and it won't kill him... But you are a different matter

Oh yhea - they always seem to have a taste for the insulation on cables for some reason - prob for their teeth. But that's a good fire starter.

KILL KILL KILL!!!!! - may I suggest an air rifle, or maybe a lump hammer Ohohohoh!!! Catch it and microwave it - no no actually catch it, get a tennis racquet and see how high you can get it. MAINS ELECTRICITY! or petrol, or a food blender. I want a mouse now

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Can you play a flute?

Two lines...........of mice...... following you down the road to McDonalds.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
my advice.
Get a cat! And if you dont want it killed, dont worry. the cat will play for a while and probably let you know about it. Our cats do. then take it off the cat (after praising it) and do as you please.

top topics

join