It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African Americans and Crime Rates in USA, WHY???

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

you sir are a fool, how can you just brush problems under the carpet like that by branding people racists for recognising obvious social problems. i am sure that the ethnic communities have their own initiatives to tackle issues such as these, do not be affraid to talk about issues of colour or race, it does not make you a racisit, its what is in your heart that does that

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
reply to post by zonatigre

and this is why the real black america, lashed bill cosby and he apologized. Do you honestly think All of americans of color speak like this? I guess we are about to have a president who cant speak english correctly. Most importantly, science recognizes language and understand language are processed the same in everyones brain but, thousands of years of development and the tongue and mouth adapting to sounds like "ahh" versus "err", you have these results. If anyone has ever study a foreign language, one will realize when statements are translated exactly, they tend to be, "where you work" sometimes even "he,where work,you?" So if we can pardon people from Asia or India who are just now beginnig to adapt to the barriers of our language, why cant we except others?
Bill Cosby is out of touch with reality on this, im sorry. This is just rediculous, even to post this.

no i think YOU'RE out of touch with reality.
Are you telling me, that the high paying accounting job, is going to be given to the guy that wears his pants around his crack, saying:
"yo i ain't got mush uhspeeree ence but you ukno'msayn i like got some bros who like nomsayn no sum accountants n chit.."

or the young lady that presents herself properly and gives an eloquent and well spoken interview?

which one is going to get the job?

wait what's that again??

which one??

enough with your little semantics about how asian or indian grammar or how sentences are constructed.

that has nothing to do with the way people respect well spoken english and look down on slang filled lazy uneducated english..

THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS!...

get used to it.

you're out of touch with reality.
nobody's gonna care if in china you say "the weather, it's good" or vice versa.. or "him, he's good"
it's ENGLISH we're talking about.. and the correct method that intelligent and educated people communicate effectively to be part of the society at large and help our national community out.

it's english.

not chinese.

got it?

goood.

and yeah i agree with you about black people not bringing crack coc aine to the US.
somebody else did.
lawl.

-

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
very interesting thread.

you might interested in the "no father" theory - in that black men have a tendency to have multiple kids by multiple women, and thereby leaving an entire generation of kids without any male role models. and this has directly lead to criminality amongst black youth.

and no - thats not my theory.

its by a black guy in the uk. shaun bailey.

and he's a conservative.

en.wikipedia.org...

sometimes it takes a right winger to really cut through the politically correct crap and just say it as it is... because if you dont identify the problem, you have no hope of solving it.

as malcolm X once said - "are you going to be part of the problem, or part of the solution?"

my own take? well i find it utterly tragic that black culture seems to have degenerated to the gutter.. a culture that gave us Marvin Gaye , Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Detroit Motown, and even techno music (Derrick May, Juan Atkins and Kevin Saunderson - all black, from Detroit) , ends up giving the world Puff Daddy and 50 cent...

and by the way - the biggest users of black slaves was not America. no - that was the Arabs. folks seem to forget about the Arabic slave trade.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
one thing i find frightening about U.S. blacks is the recent election of obama - i think the figures were something 85 per cent of blacks voting for him.

are 85 per cent of blacks really THAT left wing?

of course not. but then , the MSM never said it for what it was - blacks were voting for him merely on the colour of his skin, not through any sort of rationality about his politics.

now thats frightening. even Nazi like.

imagine if 85 per cent of whites voted for McCain because of his skin colour? the MSM woul d have been in uproar about it.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DroolsAlot

There is a bigger picture to this story then what most of you are seeing and it can not be summed up in this short paragraph. Blacks have been enslaved in the United states and in the world for that matter. Not only physically but mental as well, and with the right conciousness you can identify this. This did not just happen because blacks are lazy or thugs or they like vulgar music, as a gentleman put it. If you know your history there is much to say about this. There is a history of events that took place and that are taking place that have purposely altered stereotypes of blacks and many other minorities. For example THE MEDIA and there are many, many more. The root of this problem is money. Who do you think is making billions and billions of dollars off rap music. The white corperate companys or CEOs if you will. There is lots of positive black music out there, but what sells to both black and white people is that fantasy of you being the toughest, richest, coolest etc.. out there, and as long as people are buying into this, the longer it is going to go on brainwashing people.. Although I believe that many minoritys can relate to a lot of this rap music. White corperate america has exploited this music above and beyond to the point where whites and blacks are now trying to manifest this fantasy. There is lots more to it then this but my point is that these stereotypes are purposely set into place to demoralize and destabilize both men and women of different cultures.( To keep the mind from thinking to much about the bigger broader picture)and this point counts for many other subjects rather then music.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

i am posting this for a friend reading this beside me:

as a black American, the one thing that pisses me off more than openly racist people are the people who are loudest proclaiming others to be racist, because in my experience, those loud people are usually closet racists themselves. And I much prefer the openly racist, at least I know their intentions.
Intelligent people, regardless of race, can have discussions on these topics, however touchy they may be. You immedietly attacked the poster and branded him a racist. That tells me one thing: Pot/Kettle/Black

[edit on 9-12-2008 by theQuest]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
reply to post by difsjf

something else that should be acknowledged is ... black people know that there are literally thousands and millions of white people who aren't racist and don't give a damn about our colour. we do know you're all out there. we also know, well, those of us who take note of current affairs, that things are getting better.

No, things aren't getting better. As long as there are quotas, thing will not get better. I was turned down for an SBA loan because, and I quote... "All our remaining loans for the year are reserved for minority small businesses."

So, yeah, the racism that I've never participated in marginalizes me for being the wrong skin color because of quotas for minorities.

If anybody knows anybody in the cracker old boy network that's suppose to make it so easy for us whities, I'd appreciate it if you dropped them a line, and had them get in touch with me. I can't find them, there's no local office, they aren't hiding underneath rocks, and aren't in the phone book. Don't tell me that I benefit from it, I haven't gotten so much as a reach around yet.

As long as character, and need take a second place to skin color, things will not get better for anyone. And, don't give me any of this 'hand up' stuff. There are a lot of people that need a 'hand up', and not all of them are black or hispanic.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

no i think YOU'RE out of touch with reality.
Are you telling me, that the high paying accounting job, is going to be given to the guy that wears his pants around his crack, saying:
"yo i ain't got mush uhspeeree ence but you ukno'msayn i like got some bros who like nomsayn no sum accountants n chit.."

or the young lady that presents herself properly and gives an eloquent and well spoken interview?

which one is going to get the job?

wait what's that again??

which one??

-

I saw on a documentary once that those who are qualified on paper (ie schooling, job experience) are less likely to get called for an interview if the person has an "ethnic" sounding name than their "non ethnic" name counterparts. So it is far less common for a baggy clothes wearing person speaking the way you describe to interview for a job like you state.

More often than not, the person with the ethnic sounding name won't even get the interview.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by netron
one thing i find frightening about U.S. blacks is the recent election of obama - i think the figures were something 85 per cent of blacks voting for him.

are 85 per cent of blacks really THAT left wing?

of course not. but then , the MSM never said it for what it was - blacks were voting for him merely on the colour of his skin, not through any sort of rationality about his politics.

now thats frightening. even Nazi like.

imagine if 85 per cent of whites voted for McCain because of his skin colour? the MSM woul d have been in uproar about it.

Actually, the African American population voting for Obama is not that far out there, considering African Americans tend to vote in those numbers for the Democratic party in general. Much of this is based on the republican party turning their backs on the black community during the civil rights era. LBJs strong leadership during that time, helped to solidify that backing in his prosecution of KKk members and trials in civil courts of those members for human rights violations.

Plus Democrats tend to be more populist in idealogy than republicans. Through time and the evolution of the political system here in the US, we will eventually see those numbers change.

But this is not a political thread...but the politics is based on history.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

where do you live alaska? i own a liquor store and a gas station. can you guess who i have dealt with? one is black and the other is mexican. in my opinion the mexican community is the worst because they have adopted this rap gang lifestyle and some of them come from militia so killing and robbery is nothing to them once they get here. FACT: 52 americans die everyday to an illegal citizen. hmm.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
reply to post by difsjf

something else that should be acknowledged is ... black people know that there are literally thousands and millions of white people who aren't racist and don't give a damn about our colour. we do know you're all out there. we also know, well, those of us who take note of current affairs, that things are getting better.

No, things aren't getting better. As long as there are quotas, thing will not get better. I was turned down for an SBA loan because, and I quote... "All our remaining loans for the year are reserved for minority small businesses."

So, yeah, the racism that I've never participated in marginalizes me for being the wrong skin color because of quotas for minorities.

If anybody knows anybody in the cracker old boy network that's suppose to make it so easy for us whities, I'd appreciate it if you dropped them a line, and had them get in touch with me. I can't find them, there's no local office, they aren't hiding underneath rocks, and aren't in the phone book. Don't tell me that I benefit from it, I haven't gotten so much as a reach around yet.

As long as character, and need take a second place to skin color, things will not get better for anyone. And, don't give me any of this 'hand up' stuff. There are a lot of people that need a 'hand up', and not all of them are black or hispanic.

You do know that the #1 beneficary of affirmative action are white women, right?

So why not have your wife, mother, sister or girlfriend appy for the loan and then as a blackman I can complain about how affirmative action is the white devil's dirty trick on my people!!

I'm sure you'd feel better then!! LOL!

Since I read every page here I think this forum should be closed because the question has been answered many times and the racists keep overlooking the truth anyway!!

Peace!!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
why are you always letting this idea bother you in the first place! what about all the weirdo white kids in trench coats shooting up you'r precious snow white schools billy bob!, not to mention that America is made for whites to succeeded and thrive with the whole "white is right, white is the light" and black is darknesses. Why is every one copping black American styles and swagger! you off all places "Seattle" you should already be hip to minorities instead of a square in the suburbs.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwomi
why are you always letting this idea bother you in the first place! what about all the weirdo white kids in trench coats shooting up you'r precious snow white schools billy bob!, not to mention that America is made for whites to succeeded and thrive with the whole "white is right, white is the light" and black is darknesses. Why is every one copping black American styles and swagger! you off all places "Seattle" you should already be hip to minorities instead of a square in the suburbs.

Um, little suburban kids copy black styles and swagger. Not self-respecting adults. And that's really more of a product of marketing than anything else.

I don't know where you get ""white is right, white is the light" and black is darknesses.", but if you're really living in that back-asswards of a locale then I would suggest moving.

And don't call me racist but baggy pants, doo-rags (which are panties, people) and big chains look ridiculous. I would find it easier to excuse some black people for using ebonics if I didn't know so many who speak perfectly fine english.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

'Ebonics', despite attempts otherwise by Robert Williams, and later the Oakland School Board, shouldn't even be an issue. It's just a dialect of english. Much like redneck talk, or 'Redonics', if you will, is more of a result of lack of education, and lack of use of English in the home than anything else. Unfortunately, those two dialects are never going away.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

I agree that ebonics and red-neck speak will probably never go away, but I think the issue is whether or not people who talk like that can get good jobs. And more often than not, they won't.

I know if I was in charge of hiring for a professional company, and someone (white or black) who "talks wike dis" would be disqualified right away. Same as if someone (again white or black) came in with "y'all done do that here?". Its acceptable that people talk that way in their homes, but its not acceptable in the professional world.

I appreciate that people like to keep their own "dialects" or whatever but people in the professional world will have mixed feelings.

And I'm not out of touch, I'm just a realist.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DroolsAlot
Look, im not racist at all. But I wanted to ask this question wich is been bugging me for quite some time about African Americans and crime.

Now im not saying ALL african americans are criminals or anything like that, because clearly there is african american cops, lawyers, doctors etc. But I just looked up statistics on crimes in the us and there is an average of 1 white person per 4 african americans in jail. Not only that, when I drive down the street in my neighborhood, I see black thugs walking down the road, a few mexan thugs every now and then and every once i a while ill see a white thug dude. When I watch stuff on tv about murders and such, the murders are usually caused by african americans on african americans. When you watch Cops, the majority of the videos are concerning african american criminals. When you see documentaries of people in jail, the majority of the people on tv in the cells are black. I guess this is just a big concern for me and what I want to know is why this is the case. Does it go back to slavery days? Or is it because of the rap and hiphop culture that the youth have listened too all their life that raps about how slangin drugs and smakin hoes is ok? Please let me know what your thoughts are on this.

Just compare social standards in the groups represented. That is the first cause. Then look at the arrest rates. Afro American are stopped significally more by the police.
Subsequently there are also more innocent Afro Americans in jail.

Differences start where differences are made. This is not an excuse for misbehaving of anyone anywhere, but is a part of the problem.

Then there is the social problem of identifying with a bad name, like the Pirate who is poud to be a Pirate or a liberal who is proud not to trust any government anymore. That is what you see in musicvideo's. If I can't be free I will be a gangsterrapper.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Popular culture is one place to start looking for answers.
When you listen to Hip Hop you'll see it glorifies all the horrible stereotypes that people place on the Black Community. Drinking, drugs, violence, irresponsible sex... it's all there and held up by the artist as things to be aspired to rather than avoided.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
-In my opinion, the blacks have not forgotten slavery and they are still in a state of rebellion against guilt by association.

-The blacks cannot escape their current state because if one becomes successful, the other one will call him/her "white" and drag him/her down.

-White people are generally still racist against those who are colored. Don't say this is no true because IT IS. Because of this, blacks are given less opportunities and a false sense of hope the majority of time.

-There are also no real role models for the black community. Those blacks who became successful will, for the lack of a better word, ditch the rest of the blacks.

-The exact same situation is well modeled by African countries. Being exploited since the beginning of colonization, Africans were always technologically behind because of foreign intervention and exploitation; and now Africa is plagued by warfare. Here in the U.S., blacks cannot get out of their current stage because the more blacks quarrel with each other, the poorer they will become, and thus continuing the vicious cycle.

All of this is based on my observations in the south and deep south of the United State which is where slavery was the most extreme before the Civil War.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

I would suggest that in the South and deep south, that was the only place at the time of the Civil War that slaves existed.

It's funny. In the early 1960's there were the riots and all the ruckus as desegregation was implemented. In just a few years, it was pretty much a done deal and was generally accepted all throughout the "South."

But even today, in Northern cities, I've never seen such 'separatism' as currently exists up there. Streets define neighborhoods, and God forbid one steps on the wrong side of the street.

I recall it was only a few years ago when these enlightened Northerners were pitching a bitch because of busing!

We in the South have come a long ways. We aren't there yet, but that cuts both ways. Yet I would suggest that we in the South are significantly farther along that our Northern neighbors.

A lot of us were raised to judge the man by his actions, his ethic, and his compassion. Color never entered into it. But if someone was a turd and happened to be black, it was termed "racism." No it wasn't. A turd is a turd, is a turd.

A culture that encourages the "gang-banger" mentality is a culture in serious trouble. Black or white. It just so happens that more "gang-bangers" happen to be black.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodcircle

I can't tell if this is a rhetorical sentiment or not. Are you saying that to be true?

On the chance you are, then let me tell you that you try putting an American of African decent back into Africa and you have as much chance of obtaining a broken nose as you would were you try to put ME back into England.

The Genie is already out of the bottle. The "Africans" of the America's are no longer culturally "African". No one is saying anyone should go anywhere, what I'm saying is the trans-Atlantic slave trade and slavery is responsible for many of the problems still experienced in the Black Community. It shouldn't have happened. All indigenous cultures should be allowed to exist without being killed, enslaved or dominated. Explain why S.S Africa is such a hell hole, no excuses, it's because the natural way of life for these ppl was changed, completely upset, overthrown by Jesus and Money...ie Greed. Africans, shouldn't have guns because they were not ready for guns.

That TWO WAY street is well traveled, friend. Do you see black people lining up to marry whites only to be knocked back, or do you see the inevitable social intermingling that levels out the playing field with people seeking familiarity with their kin?

Just look at the exogamy rates of the U.S compared to the UK or a country in Europe with a long term considerable Black population.

I don't bloody know who my ancestors are either. So flapping what? Do I now have a banner to fly, a flag to wave, a crisis to consume me? No.

That's you. Obviously you are not aware of the need of Blacks to reclaim their lost culture. example

It seems to me that if you want to succeed, you can. Proven to me by the very fact that the president of the USA is a proud Black man.

Again, comparing a Hawaiian mulatto born in 1961, who was raised by Whites, (whose dad was descended from free Africans) to the majority of Black America is not reality. Even Barack Obama knows his cultural legacy and how it differs from the majority of what Black America has experienced.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by Amelie]

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join